• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SiiS5! STrEAM UPPPP Unlimited arcade gaming! avg:100+ attendees

When should SiiS4 be?

• December 18th or earlier

Votes: 38 34.5%
  • January 1st or later

Votes: 72 65.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MachinegunNorm

Smash Lord

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Actually playing Kain was pretty normal. Him and I have fought via AiB ladder matches probably a half dozen times in the last year-year and a half. I was very familiar with his play style/Wolf tricks, and he was very familiar with mine. I had some pretty intense matches, with every bracket set I played going to game 3 except for beating kingtoon 2-0. I lost a lot of game 1's as well (vs Kain, vs Quik, vs Arty).

me vs Vinnie is uploading to youtube right now, then I'll have the match up vs Kingtoon. I'll have to wait on VGbootcamp for the Coney/Atomsk matches but I made sure they were all saved to the SD card (I may have saved one of the atomsk games twice, just an FYI GIMR/VGbootcamp).

Huge thanks to Today for a great tournament and to Clowsui/Hilt/anyone else who helped!

MachinegunNorm

Smash Lord
MachinegunNorm, your sig makes it look like you're really salty that you're no good with ROB. :seuss:
lmao that sig is super old. Big C made it for me when he was still playing brawl i'm way too lazy to change it or anything.

also one of the reasons i dropped rob was because i was tired of losing to people who only beat me because of the char i used.

OldAnthem27

Smash Journeyman
I watched a lot of the Livestream yesterday. I wish I could have made it to this tournament! I can't wait to play in some tourneys when I get home from my internship!! Good job AZ!!

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I was horribly sick during this :(. Sorry to all the people that asked to play me, I really just wasn't feeling well enough. The only games I played were my pool matches and tournament matches, the rest of the time I was trying to sleep. Several people told me I should have just fortified and they were right.

Thanks to everyone who told me they hoped I started feeling better.

ArgentStew

Smash Lord
Tourney was pretty good. I had a lot of fun. I've only been out of the region once, and I don't see myself doing so again anytime soon so it was nice to meet a lot of the out-of-staters while they were here.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Final batch of vids:
Losers Quarter Finals
Game 1: AlphaZealot (Diddy Kong) vs Kingtoon (Toon Link): Smashville
Game 2: AlphaZealot (Diddy Kong) vs Kingtoon (Toon Link): Battlefield

Quik: Unfortunately no :(. I really with I had all of my bracket sets saved but unfortunately my computer is very low on memory (about 4 gigs at the start of the tournament, about 2.5 gigs now). This was after I deleted 4 gigs of video the morning of the tournament (I was under 500 mgs of free space before that). However, I got an external hard drive finally so hopefully I'll be able to transfer everything (like hundreds of Smash vids) to that drive to free up space instead of deleting golden videos.

fonzi21

Smash Ace
Please also mark me as a Forfeit, I was in losers bracket, but the tournament took way to long to run, I left after I was knocked into Losers, at like midnight. I said something to Hilt, and Clowsui as I was leaving.

Some suggestions are to start the tournament on time, you started doubles very late. You knew you had a big tournament and should have started it on time, Pools should have been going while Doubles was wrapping up, and since you were low on setups you needed to cut back on allowing people breaks in between matches.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Some suggestions are to start the tournament on time, you started doubles very late. You knew you had a big tournament and should have started it on time, Pools should have been going while Doubles was wrapping up, and since you were low on setups you needed to cut back on allowing people breaks in between matches.
The part about doubles is not true. Doubles started before 12:30 which is a reasonable time and not more than a half hour later than scheduled (IIRC matches were called closer to 12 than to 1230 as well). The hiccup came (which you noted) between when doubles ended and when singles pools started, from what I could tell there was about 2-2.5 hours of dead time.

clowsui

Smash Legend
That's why I think there should be one TO running the bracket and one working on pools stuff all the time. I was knocked out fairly early in doubles but I was running the bracket x__x

I intended to work on the pools stuff but Hilt was in charge of that + I didn't know where the pre-seeding list was :/, not to mention I had to run the bracket. This very same issue happened last SiiS with even less TOs, which is what makes this so aggravating honestly.

Doubles also had a huge problem where we couldn't find teams or teams would just forget about playing/take long breaks.

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful
It's just generally difficult to do a 2 day like event all in one day.

Both me and Hilt were the ones that worked on pools. We had out pre-seeding list, and we seeded pools accordingly. But there were issues trying to find extra setups.

Another thing that threw it off which was probably the main issue was while me and Hilt were seeding for pools... people had entered themselves as different names instead of their tags. And then people claiming that those names were other people when they weren't. So we had to re-move and re-work pools. It really threw us off.

Either way, SiiS5 will probably be two days.

clowsui

Smash Legend
Either ban Metaknight or institute an LGL...I'd prefer the former since the latter is arbitrary but it seems like the latter would receive much less complaints.

Calebyte

Smash Lord
In addition to the LGL, I think there should be some kind of item rule for Diddy, ZSS, Peach, Wario, etc.. I mean, items are CLEARLY banned, yet these characters are allowed to use them because the have item-generating moves? Sounds like a double standard to me. Also, characters like MK and Marth hold swords by default, which are also items. We need to add more rules to limit characters to using only non-item moves and make the game more fair.

Roller

Smash Legend
Psh, of course the MARIO main names the sword characters. Thinking we'd overlook that op cape of yours? Think again. Not only is that thing an item itself, it actually REFLECTS items back at others. This is absurd.

I once saw a match with ~100 fireballs... Come on.

StarLight

Smash Apprentice
Rofl at all the talk on stream about AZ disqualifying Atomsk, Ally, and M2K during the IC's dittos, just saying!

Good **** coney and AZ

SASSY

Smash Journeyman
The tourney was really fun. A ledge grab rule definitely needs to be in place to uhh.. keep people playing the game lol. Also, I think the TO's should have accepted help from one of the 3 MD/VA TO's who offered. Other than that, I have no complaints. I had a great weekend.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
That wasn't a problem from what I saw. Some of the people using nicknames/people not showing up/people we didn't know was what delayed pools. We had to wait for people that went out during pools to come back and play matches which delayed bracket. Among other things for both situations. :p

fonzi21

Smash Ace
The tourney was really fun. A ledge grab rule definitely needs to be in place to uhh.. keep people playing the game lol.
There is no set way to play the game, who says the game was meant to be played on the stage? Every character has different abilities. Abuse them to win, it's called Playing to win, by David Sirlin. You should read it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom