• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Silven's tournament legal texture package!!! **UPDATED!!!** With TGAs

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
yea csp=char select portraits(pics u see on select screen)
cbp-char battle portraits(little pics at the the bottom in the fight)
Ok...well they're in there. For some reason I never heard of the small portraits referred to as Cbp that's alll..

I know what they are by the way *_* but thanks for explaining I guess.

Darkconda

Smash Cadet
CSPs are not working for me(once I enter brawl crashes). Could that be because I have giga bowser and crew added to the menu?

Darkconda

Smash Cadet
Would these work, even with sheik and the pokemon added? If so, all I have to do is download the files from the top and put them in the correct locations,;right? Any help would be very much apreciated.

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
Would these work, even with sheik and the pokemon added? If so, all I have to do is download the files from the top and put them in the correct locations,;right? Any help would be very much apreciated.
Ok the CSP's work 100% fine with the Brawl+ Character Select Screen. Why not just use that one?

Even if you can't use the files that I made you can just make your own. I included CSP tools. There's a readme included it tells you how it works and everything so you can just make your own.

Darkconda

Smash Cadet
Well, maybe its because I have added characters from PSA. I have no idea. No other texture packs like this work for me either. I tried Yukos, it got to the menu, even got in game once. I haven't replaced anything(already had PSA Characters in it) now it freezes.

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
Well, maybe its because I have added characters from PSA. I have no idea. No other texture packs like this work for me either. I tried Yukos, it got to the menu, even got in game once. I haven't replaced anything(already had PSA Characters in it) now it freezes.
Seems like you frankensteined your game.... what exactly are you playing though?

Brawl+

vBrawl?

Balance Brawl?

EX Brawl,

The CSP's should have no issues working with all of those..I don't understand why it doesn't work :dizzy:

Pyrostormer

Smash Lord
hmm, some of the CSPs randomly aren't showing up for me too. some of them do, some of them don't.

like all of olimars are there
then none of robs are
only the first one of mario's is

it's weird.

edit: one of pit's .csps is a white square that fills up the whole box :laugh: I think I'm just gonna have to go back to my old stuff if this isn't working...maybe if I compile everything myself it'll work better. all the .tgas correspond to what you have in the fighter folder for download, right?

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
hmm, some of the CSPs randomly aren't showing up for me too. some of them do, some of them don't.

like all of olimars are there
then none of robs are
only the first one of mario's is

it's weird.
I forgot to tell you guys the ones that don't show up are not included because of the stupid limitation of the CSP program. Apparently if you replace too many CSP's the game will crash upon loading the character select screen. The Mario one is not one of my textures. It's there because the stupid guy that distributed this particular CSP tools left that Mario CSP in the template for the common 5 Pac. It's tough to explain but basically, it will always be there when you create a new common5 unless you replace it. Nobody I know uses Mario so there was no reason for me to replace it.

You should make your own common5. Take the TGAs I have for download and put them in the "newfiles" folder included in CSP tools and rename them appropriately. Just follow the readme.

Darkconda

Smash Cadet
Hmm, I'm using my own code set. It has File replacement 3.5 on it. CSS,CSS with the fixes for Sheik and ZSS.

I have
;No Random Tripping
Default Settings Modifier(just like Brawl+)
Default CPU Level Modifier
Unrestricted Button Mapping Editing
Tags in Replays v3
infinte replays
Auto Jab Fix
Grab Jump Return
Level Freezer(alot of frozen ones)
File Replacment: v2.1a
Giga and Company Engine V2
CSS fixes for Giga and Company V2
CSS fixes for Samus/ZSS and Zelda/Shiek V2
Custom CSS V3(copied from brawl +)
Custom Random V1(from brawl+)
Unrestricted pause camera
Independent Pokemon Engine +no wreck My Music V2
Alloys don't crash and Others don't wreck My Music V2
Ganon/Falcon recovery fixes
scar jumping
Death Boundary Mod V2
Death boundary data
Deadlands
Yoshi's Island(bigger for following stages except wifi room)
Corneria
Picto
Pokemon Stadium 2
Pokemon Stadium
Waiting room
P.Trainer Infinite Stamina
PT No Swap on Death
Press Shield to allow Swap V1.
Char ID fix 2.1
Online Handicap Disable
File Patch Code v3.2a(may be my problem-especially if I have both enabled)?
Colored shields
Partial Size Mod
Partial Size Mod - Must be on 2
Young Link - Partial Size Modification
Buffer scale = Handicap scale
Ignore handicap
Maestro26 - Custom SSS V1.1

Is there an estimate to how many CSPs there can be? So the ones not shwing up 4 you guys, still allow you to play the game?

Pyrostormer

Smash Lord
okay i just downloaded all your .tgas and WOAH wtf this is unorganized

like they're organized for you I guess but for me I have no idea what's in your texture pack and what's not

Darkconda

Smash Cadet
It gives me an error when extracting the TGAs, but they appear to still be there.

Ok, how do you make ur own? Becuase the instructions say to take the common.pac and place it in the needed folder.I'll just skip to step 2, and make the new files.

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
okay i just downloaded all your .tgas and WOAH wtf this is unorganized

like they're organized for you I guess but for me I have no idea what's in your texture pack and what's not
They're not supposed to really be used within one folder.

The way it works is, you pick and choose the ones that match YOUR textures and use CSP tools to make the common5 pac that will match your textures. IF you're looking to use one folder it obviously won't work.

The ones that pertain to my textures are the ones in collection.

Hmm, I'm using my own code set. It has File replacement 3.5 on it. CSS,CSS with the fixes for Sheik and ZSS.

Is there an estimate to how many CSPs there can be? So the ones not shwing up 4 you guys, still allow you to play the game?

Copy the Brawl+ Character select screen code and get rid of anything that alters it other than that. It includes all alternates, Zero Suit, Sheik and the Pokemon so you're fine...

And the highest I got to was about 170+ The game will crash a little bit over that. Blame the crappy repacking program. If it weren't for that I would have had 100% of the character pictures.

Pyrostormer

Smash Lord
collection isn't complete. :(

can you put up a link that has ALL the .tgas that correspond with your texture pack, even if CUPASH won't compile it all?

my previous texture collection I was compiling myself (that was unorganized by color which is why i was switching to this one), had full textures for every character, and .csps for all of them, and I never got a crash.

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
collection isn't complete. :(
It's not supposed to. I could never get to 100% because the dam thing crashes. CSP tools is really buggy after a certain number of TGA files are introduced. I have no idea what causes it but I spoke a bit with the guy who coded it and he said he wants to work on a newer version that doesn't do this sometime soon. It looks like he hasn't done much yet so you're stuck with a half-azzed character select screen for now. Sorry :ohwell: not much I can do about it.

Once again, it does not have all of the characters but every TGA in there pertains to my textures.

edit- I'm curious as to how you got 100% CSPs for all characters....what did you use to make your TGAs?

I'm also uploading my "newfiles" folder. This has all the CSPs that I'm currently using. There might be a few newer ones in there that I left out of the collections folder.

And once again, I have to stress, this was not supposed to fully replace anything, I released the TGAs so people could pick and choose from them so they can make their own common5. If you try to use all of mine you'll be disappointed because a lot of stuff is missing. The reason for this was explained earlier...I didn't care much because the people I play with do not use the characters that were left out.

Pyrostormer

Smash Lord
I didn't make every .tga (in fact I didn't really make that many, I tried to only download textures that had .csps already out of laziness :laugh:) but I used Gimp for the ones I made.

So in the newfiles you're uploading now, it has a few more .tgas that weren't in the collections folder (that are in this collection pack), but not .tgas for all the characters?

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
That could have something to do with it. It seems when it comes to TGAs made with GIMP the filesize is significantly less than Photoshop's TGA files. It's so stupid but since all of mine were made in PS they seem to surpass some stupid filesize limit. But then again, I tried to reformat them through GIMP (yes, every single csp resaved in gimp with lower filesize and everything..took about 1.5 hours) and I STILL got the crash. I have no idea what variable might cause the crashing but I honestly have no further interest in figuring it out. I'm satisfied with my current CSS.

Here's the link though, it's also in the first post just incase anyone else may want it..although I highly doubt that.

http://www.mediafire.com/?nz3t24mym5q

The problem with those textures that come with TGAs though is that they're usually really ugly. Either pixelated, badly styled, weird pose..etc The list goes on and on. I couldn't live with a lot of them....I just redid every single one I had a problem with. The amazing TGAs I kept for sure.

Darkconda

Smash Cadet
That could have something to do with it. It seems when it comes to TGAs made with GIMP the filesize is significantly less than Photoshop's TGA files. It's so stupid but since all of mine were made in PS they seem to surpass some stupid filesize limit. But then again, I tried to reformat them through GIMP (yes, every single csp resaved in gimp with lower filesize and everything..took about 1.5 hours) and I STILL got the crash. I have no idea what variable might cause the crashing but I honestly have no further interest in figuring it out. I'm satisfied with my current CSS.

Here's the link though, it's also in the first post just incase anyone else may want it..although I highly doubt that.

http://www.mediafire.com/?nz3t24mym5q

The problem with those textures that come with TGAs though is that they're usually really ugly. Either pixelated, badly styled, weird pose..etc The list goes on and on. I couldn't live with a lot of them....I just redid every single one I had a problem with. The amazing TGAs I kept for sure.
I shall try. Thank you so much for the effort and time.:)

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
alright, thanks for the help silven. augh, my poor rob, without .csps D:
My bad, I play Brawl+ so it wasn't worth it for me...nobody in NYC plays Rob+ so I figured nobody would care if they played on my Wii.

If you do end up making some really good looking Rob CSP's feel free to post them in this thread. I would like to include them also if you don't mind, of course I'll give you credit. It would be nice if this could be a CSP collection thread, I might organize the TGAs a little bit better and remake the .rars if demand calls for it.

basvhout

Smash Apprentice
DUDE this is awesome. I hope i can find ALL the CSP's for my textures! do you also do request csp's? i have maybe 3 _small and _big request for marth. (A)

Dan_X

Smash Lord
Hey Silven, I just wanted to thank you for all of your hard work! I just downloaded all of this stuff and only had time to check out a small portion of the goodies, but all I can say is AWESOME!

Thanks again, as I wasn't sure how to do all of this on my own!

P.S. It was nice meeting you and of course the other NY Brawl+ers at SNES! Too bad we didn't get a chance to friendly... Someday.. ;)

Are you going to that CT tourney "G Dragon" in October?

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
Hey Silven, I just wanted to thank you for all of your hard work! I just downloaded all of this stuff and only had time to check out a small portion of the goodies, but all I can say is AWESOME!

Thanks again, as I wasn't sure how to do all of this on my own!

P.S. It was nice meeting you and of course the other NY Brawl+ers at SNES! Too bad we didn't get a chance to friendly... Someday.. ;)

Are you going to that CT tourney "G Dragon" in October?
The next tourney I plan on going to which I think is in CT is Long Live Hit Stun. And who were you? Do you remember what I said to you? I think I might have forgotten :(

-edit G dragon is LLHS...the guy keeps changing the name lol you got mindgamed. And yes, we'll be there.

GuruKid

Smash Ace
Silven, Orca was the one I introduced you to. :)

On a related note, have you found a way to incorporate CSPs for all the characters yet? It'd be great to have custom portraits for all characters.

Dan_X

Smash Lord
Hmm. Yeah so, what is currently limiting us from customizing each characters CSP? Will we eventually be able customize each character? That'd be awesome!

Also, Silven I have PS CS4, so if you need help making CSPs I can help. The thing is.. I don't know how to prepare the files, and how big the pics should be. Is there a guide or a program I should be using? Also, I'm unfamiliar with TGAs, is that a image format? Or is it exclusve to Brawl. Anyway, sorry for the perhaps noobish questions.

thanks!

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
TGAs are a popular image format. They're not exclusive to Brawl. Look it up, you'll find a lot of applications that can open them.

I don't necessarily need help with CSPs by the way...the real problem is, with the current Cupash, if you reach a certain number of custom CSP's the game will crash upon loading the character select screen. I guess the repacking program doesn't work properly to compress the images in the way that the game will accept it after a certain number of files. That' just my guess, who knows what it really is..all I know is I pretty much gave up completing the character select screen 100% because the game will crash.

As for guides, you can look at this..

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=228958

And just to clear up, you can already customize any character's CSP. The problem lies with having all of them customized TOGETHER. So far nobody has done it because of the freezing. The highest I get is about 170 portraits and any higher will cause it to crash the game. I know someone who has around 180'ish but he hasn't tried to go any further than that..due to laziness I guess. To be honest I've lost interest in doing it, maybe I'll finish it some day but I'm gonna have to speak to the creator of the repacking program first.

Dan_X

Smash Lord
TGAs are a popular image format. They're not exclusive to Brawl. Look it up, you'll find a lot of applications that can open them.

I don't necessarily need help with CSPs by the way...the real problem is, with the current Cupash, if you reach a certain number of custom CSP's the game will crash upon loading the character select screen. I guess the repacking program doesn't work properly to compress the images in the way that the game will accept it after a certain number of files. That' just my guess, who knows what it really is..all I know is I pretty much gave up completing the character select screen 100% because the game will crash.

As for guides, you can look at this..

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=228958

And just to clear up, you can already customize any character's CSP. The problem lies with having all of them customized TOGETHER. So far nobody has done it because of the freezing. The highest I get is about 170 portraits and any higher will cause it to crash the game. I know someone who has around 180'ish but he hasn't tried to go any further than that..due to laziness I guess. To be honest I've lost interest in doing it, maybe I'll finish it some day but I'm gonna have to speak to the creator of the repacking program first.
Oh, I see. Thanks for the info Silven, hopefully something will be done to make it so the game doesn't crash, it'd be too good for this to work 100%!

ZacTASTIC

Smash Apprentice
Bumped for sheer epicness. Awesome job, dude. This will probably replace all the hard work I've done with my textures... =/

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
Does anyone know why this is making me freeze online when I try to join someone's room?
From what I know, textures should have no effect on Wifi play, certain codes on the other hand will definitely effect that. Since this is only textures I wouldn't know exactly why that's happening...I guess you can always just try taking out the SD card when you wanna play online, although that would kinda suck since the textures would be default. I think it might be the Character Select Screen portraits. If anything, just delete that portion from the SD and try to play with just character textures.

Sakuraba Neku

Smash Cadet
Yeah I'm pretty sure its the CSP's, I have a friends that was using your pack and freezking on lag-fi, and when he removed all the CSP related folders it worked, iirc.

Top Bottom