• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Simna ibn Sind's Guide to PK Thunder (NTSC)

Lt. Killjoy

Smash Ace
Sorry guys, I've been sick the past couple of days.... anyway, to answer dan's question, I'm not sure exactly what I did, I was just messing around with it, then I was playing around with the YYG, and that's when I realized I was all sparkly. I probably did do the static glitch. All I know is that it was pretty **** cool...

D1

Banned via Administration
I saw the vid a a few weeks back, but just wanted to give credit to the guy's who proved that Ness pwnz. I was at the DA tourney last Sunday, and Mofo was showin everyone else the YYG, OMG EVERYONE WAS LIKE WTF?!!!!!!

It was great...everyone's loving Ness. I think Mofo did "Pray" also. It was too great...vid rocks, thanks to all the contributors who gave me a good reason to slow down my Fox training and pick up Ness again.

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
Ok ppl...

I'm planning for the follow up video now. So far I am going to put in PK Thunder Reverse Edgeguard, Pray, and PK Thunder Barrier Revisited(cause i gave it a bad name in the last vid). So far I have this stuff, but I would like to have more material. Does anyone have any ideas for this?

Thomas Tipman

Smash Champion
Originally posted by Simna ibn Sind
PK Thunder Barrier Revisited(cause i gave it a bad name in the last vid).
what, howd you come to that conclusion? i thought that was an awsome tech ness players should consider learning. i bash alot of the ness techs yet the one i thought owned you believe has a bad name? well no real complaints here, i wouldnt mind seeing more variations of that awsome tech (since i cant do it myself:( ).

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
maybe show tricks with other levels beside FD, like going from one side of battlefield to the other underneath it.

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
Great idea

I also want to showcase a variation of the pktbc that is done while aerial. As of now my recording equipment is not available for use, but I hope to get it up and running soon. Until then, please keep giving me suggestions and I will be practicing as always.^_^

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
My thread! I'm allowed to double post!

So the next part to the PK Thunder Guide video is scheduled to come out sometime in August, so if anyone has something they really want to see in it that involves pk thunder then tell me asap.

For now I'll use this thread to announce upcoming TeamScape vids:

July 18: enderownssimna (music video pair with simnaownsender, the first TeamScape video released)
Late August: Simna ibn Sind's Guide to PK Thunder Volume 2
NOW AVAILABLE!: TeamScape comedy free-for-alls #67-76.

^_^

EDIT: lol i just watched simna-ibn-idiot again for fun and realized how much i use these smileys^_^ hahahahahahahah

VilNess

Smash Champion
This one is tough:
when recovering and your enemy has less than 100% and is trying to edgehog you. do this.
position yourself so that you are at the same level vertically as the ledge. Then blast yourself straight towards the ledge. now if your enemy tried to roll up you should have first bounced off the ledge since it was occupied but you can latter grab the ledge. I have done at least once (DL64) and it looks pretty cool.

Zeke

Smash Apprentice
Can't wait for the new vid. What is Pray, anyways?

One thing that has been killing me recently as Ness is using Up + B on the edge of FD. Seriously, I ALWAYS bounce off the freaking slanted sides of FD....It's like if I'm down there, I'm dead because angling my PK Thunder into the edge either does the following things:

1. I bounce off after a very short distance and die.
2. I manage to "ride" the slope up to the edge, but stupid Ness gets shot AWAY from the edge after sliding up it (all the way to the top).
3. I miraculously slide up the whole way and for some reason I actually grab the edge.

I've tried to do the same angles in the same spot over and over again....it's killin' me.

DeeDoubleU

Smash Journeyman
Bottom line is... its probably best not to be reliant on the crazy FD slope riding unless you are extremely skilled at it...

Zeke

Smash Apprentice
In some positions you don't have a choice...it's do or die, which can be frustrating.

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
Simna ibn Sind said:
My thread! I'm allowed to double post!

So the next part to the PK Thunder Guide video is scheduled to come out sometime in August, so if anyone has something they really want to see in it that involves pk thunder then tell me asap.

For now I'll use this thread to announce upcoming TeamScape vids:

July 18: enderownssimna (music video pair with simnaownsender, the first TeamScape video released)
Late August: Simna ibn Sind's Guide to PK Thunder Volume 2
NOW AVAILABLE!: TeamScape comedy free-for-alls #67-76.

^_^

EDIT: lol i just watched simna-ibn-idiot again for fun and realized how much i use these smileys^_^ hahahahahahahah

Recaps for all^_^

VilNess

Smash Champion
I was thinking that there is lots of misunderstanidng about Ness´ PK thunder as an actual edgeguard projectile. Many say it sucks but lately i´ve been using it with lots of success against even Marth. Really, it works wonders because it kinda stops his forward moving and can easily hit him out of his 2nd jump.
Off course don´t be an idiot and try to hit on front side, go from the back!

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
yeah....for those opponents who arent vertically challenged in there recovery and who arent fast fallers dotn fall to the same kind of edgeguardign i showed in the last vid...but hitting them from behind is good for knocking them away from the stage. Good idea VilNess

DeeDoubleU: I believe that the difference between those who can and cant use yyg in serious play is the strong-set and weak-set for the yyg, so of course I will show the strong-set and some combos into setup...but plz remember this is a pk thunder guide and the yyg(which will be at the end) will be sort of like Christmas presents; an enjoyable section, but not really what its all about.

EDIT: it'd be nice if i could get this thing stickied^_^...i asked to have this and nessbounder's guide and the ness finder stickied a while back...they said that was too many and elected to sticky them all except this one...lol

VilNess

Smash Champion
I don´t recommend edgeguarding Luigi with Pk thunder though, since he kinda gets more opportunities for a MisFire. I usually PK Flash,edgehog,Bair/Nair or Bat him.

So far I have Marth and Samus that are vulnerable to PK thunder edgeguard... and Fox/falco in a different, Simna way :)

I believe marios are a bad idea due to their cape...unless you hit them out of their downB tornado from the back, but I haven´t tested that.

Other possible PK thunder-edgeguard candidates could be: Yoshi, Roy, DK, Link and young Link (especially if you can hit them out of their hooks!) Ganondorf (no downB if you do it correctly! YEAH!) and possibly more.

VilNess

Smash Champion
Don´t worry Thomas, I don´t you´ll ever face any Nessies in tournies :)

btw. there is a belief going in Finnish smash scene that Ness counters ganondorf. I´ve played against WMK´s Samus pretty many times and though I didn´t count win/loss numbers the matchup was very even overall.
However I did play against WMK´s Ganon (pretty good ganon too but not as good as his samus) and I three stocked him with Ness in 4-stock match, level was FoD. I don´t remember much from that match but what I constantly found ganon falling for that I didn´t give him ANY breathing space! I was constantly pounding him and punishing his moderately slow-reaction time and playing VERY agressively.
also PK fire is nice against Ganny too.

but yeah that´s a bit out of topic. I´ll see how that PK thunder edgeguard works against Ganon prolly today already.

VilNess

Smash Champion
Yeah, okay I played against Ganon today and the PK thunder trick does work... however I found myself going for the Flash more often so the thunder is just a nice extra thing, though very good in DL64 (and other big stages)

Thomas Tipman

Smash Champion
actually vilness the last tourney i went to i saw a crazy *** ness player taking on marths like no ones business. i didnt get a chance to play him but man was he crazy good. after seeing him i actually for the first time believed ness could be good and thats not to mention the kid was like 10-11 years old....insane.

VilNess

Smash Champion
So yer one of those guys who has to see in order to believe?
Ness does pretty well against Marth btw.
I´ve fair-chained them across the stage, I´ve popped them from the dashattack for a combo, I see where they try to land and outrange their aerial with my Bat, I use PK fire to stop dashdancing (careful if they jump though!) and I sweetspot my 2nd jump for recovery and occasionally do get back even with thunderblast.

Look dude you CAN try characters for yourselves even before judging. Nothing personal btw. I do it too unconsiously in different aspects :(
but I didn´t like how you ranted about YYG before even gotten it down and being so pessimistic about it. well yeah that´s old story.

Reik

Smash Ace
I just wanna thank Simna for his PK thunder guide and vid. Ness pwns. (^,^) \,,/

Today I pulled off the False Edgeguard surprise blast against my friend for the win. The best part was that he was on THE WRONG SIDE of the path of PK missile and it still KO'd him. Aren't those confused cries of indignation music to the ears, my fellow Ness-players?

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
Yeah....i got a full time job....so my vid is coming along slower than i had hoped...but dont worry....im still gonna be completely active here^_^

I thought about it...and since the vid is gonna be late....i threw together this yyg preview vid to hold ppl over.

I know there is no pk thunder stuff in it, but I hope you can wait for that^_^.

Simna ibn Sind's Guide to PK Thunder Vol. 2-PK Preview!

Who Am I???

Smash Ace
Simna...you had to put in "^_^" at the end didn't you.

Anyways, GREAT VID! It isn't really a PK Thunder Guide though. Call it the Yo-yo glitch guide.

Reik

Smash Ace
I nearly fell out of my chair. I hadn't heard of the jackets before today. I looked them up in the old YYG thread and practiced for a few hours. Holy crap is that technique fun.

While messing around, I noticed that the Thunder Jacket makes a whole bunch of Marth and Roy's attacks clank. Try this: Equip the Thunder Jacket and Floorblast yourself so Ness is on his back. Then try to tipper Ness with Marth's f-smash. Hilarious. :laugh:

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
WAI?: That wasnt the vid....that's a preview....the full version will have much more pk thunder and more yyg

Reik: yeah...that's some of the other stuff thats going to be in the full video

Top Bottom