• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Simpsons Mafia: will homer survive?

Cacti

Smash Journeyman
Exactly they have a almost 100% chance of getting nked, unless the mafia wifoms and nks. This is good as no other power roles will get nked unlile if you lynch me, a pr might get nked and we have wasted a ml on someone who is going to die anyways when we could use the ml to try to get scum. Also, keep in mind that if I survive the night you can always lynch me tomorrow. It seems like you are pseudo scumhunting as others have said and trying to get me lynched.

vote riddle

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
What really gets me is the 'tracker...watcher...thingy''

Now, it SHOULD SAY in his PM what he is, there should be no...thingy. There should be no 'im not sure if im a tracker or watcher'. Maybe I'm just reading too hard into his language.

With that, the many other scum tells which he admits to, and the chances of such a role being in the game....urg

im just inclined to not believe it
He's a nervous noob from what I can tell.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Just from the language i feel like he was being spoonfed by a veteran player and tried to use his own language and then had no idea what he was saying.

But your scenario is just as viable.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Page Break Vote Count

[1]McFox: Mentosman
[1]Gheb: Mcfox
[3]Cacti: Riddle, Rockin, KevinM
[3]Riddle: Marshy, Steel, Cacti
[3]Not Voting: Junglefever, Gheb, Frozenflame

It takes 6 to lynch!

Deadline is set for the last second of October 11th. EST

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
if you can't keep up inthe fast lane you should take the next exit off mac

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
They're talking about the fact that you don't know whether you're a watcher or a tracker, when your role PM would clearly say so.

Cacti

Smash Journeyman
They're talking about the fact that you don't know whether you're a watcher or a tracker, when your role PM would clearly say so.
It said my role was neighborly doctor, and I didn't know if the secondary ability was trackerish or watcherish.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
4) Cacti is too knew to make up that role.
It doesn't matter how new you are. You could be a total n00b at the game, but if you're smart as hell, it wouldn't matter. Who's to say Cacti studied past games?

Exactly they have a almost 100% chance of getting nked, unless the mafia wifoms and nks. This is good as no other power roles will get nked unlile if you lynch me, a pr might get nked and we have wasted a ml on someone who is going to die anyways when we could use the ml to try to get scum. Also, keep in mind that if I survive the night you can always lynch me tomorrow. It seems like you are pseudo scumhunting as others have said and trying to get me lynched.

vote riddle
now see, how can you expect me to believe you're town with talk like that? Seriously, think about what you're saying here =/

He's a nervous noob from what I can tell.
There are no johns. A n00bish scum can get nervous too.

Marshy - at first, I was pretty **** skeptacle of Cacti's claim. However, looking back at it now and comparing it from past games I played in, the claim doesn't sound too bad, but I'm still not buying it completly. I know I played a game where I had two secret roles (Mafia roleblocker with a closed masonary buddy to Jf...soon knowing we were lovers), but I never had two roles of the same side. This is how I'm believing it 50/50. Also, as Jf pointed out, Cacti doesn't seem 'confident' in his claim. his PM should say simply what the name is. Not a 'doctor...tracker...watcher...thingy.'

Riddle doesn't seem that far off. He's starting to show off some scum vibes and I wouldn't mind voting him if we don't vote Cacti/Riddle living to see D2.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Cacti's claim is credible imo @ Marshy...I think we should believe him for now unless there are any CCs. Ned Flanders is a likely character to be in that game and the explanation of his role does make sense in my book. Even if his name could just be a fake-claim I can see his role fitting to his character. The friendly neighbor, who randomly visits people and protects them with the power of god or sth. like that doesn't seem too far off. Don't think he's invented that...

Not sure yet what to think about Riddle ... need to read more to see what's up with his wagon

Good to hear something from mentos...step it up!

Frozen is gone again. Can you PM him, Yedi?

:059:

Riddle

Smash Lord
Why is Steel playing the newb card for Cacti after expressing his dislike for it? Newbishness is never an excuse for scumminess. Cacti's bandwagon post struck me as particularly scummy as many of his defenses (as pointed out by Rockin) don't even make sense, and his accusations of me are quite weak and look to me like a mindless bandwagon.

Explain to me Cacti why you think I am scummy please.

In defense of myself I only have on thing to say. Why is similar wording scummy? It's actually rather natural. I saw Steel's posting and thought some parts were well-worded them and sub-conciously put the wording into my post. The posts didn't even have many points that were the same. I had like 4 or 5 points that weren't even in Steel's post and I took a completely different viewpoint ultimately. Steel was basically saying "I think he's just a newbie" and mine was "Well, his claim seems possible, however I still think he is still a very good lynch option for today, especially due to the nature of the claim.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
I don't think he's scum because of his claim. Without the claim my vote would most likely be on him right now. Explain to me why it is probably a good idea to lynch most likely one of the best PR's in this game?

And I simply felt as if I was rereading my own post when I made mine, they were extremely similar and anyone could see at least some of it as parroting.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Cacti's claim is legit IMO. Ned Flanders with no CC? That's pretty solid in FF's book.

His role is worse than a normal doctors. He can only protect vanilla townies, or PRs that don't act at night. All he can do is find out who PRs are, but he can't save them if they act. Mega nerfed doc role.

Not sure where all the suspicion on Riddle is coming from. His analysis of the claim is mostly accurate. "he wouldn't think of that" argument is pretty weak but the other stuff is logically sound.

FF is no fan of the newbie card either, but a huge part of early game in mafia is being able to tell the difference between noob/innocent slips and actual scumtells. Bearing Cactis claim in mind, he's certainly not the play for today.

Very suspicious of KevinM atm. He clearly didn't take any time to consider what Cacti meant by his roleclaim. Furthermore, he says his only two candidates are Cacti and Riddle, both of which FF sees no reason for targeting. Very telling of skimming. Ergo, scummy.

Vote: KevinM

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Cacti's claim is legit IMO. Ned Flanders with no CC? That's pretty solid in FF's book.

His role is worse than a normal doctors. He can only protect vanilla townies, or PRs that don't act at night. All he can do is find out who PRs are, but he can't save them if they act. Mega nerfed doc role.
Even if there was no CC to the nameclaim, don't you think the role itself is somewhat odd as to how Cacti presented it? It's like he just made it up on the spot. >>;;

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
Even if there was no CC to the nameclaim, don't you think the role itself is somewhat odd as to how Cacti presented it? It's like he just made it up on the spot. >>;;
Stop reaching.

He TYPED it, this isn't a real life interrogation where you can tell if someone is lying.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
I propose we stop focusing on it, at least for today. We have other people that can be focused on.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Mid Page Vote Count

[1]McFox: Mentosman
[1]Gheb: Mcfox
[3]Cacti: Riddle, Rockin, KevinM
[3]Riddle: Marshy, Steel, Cacti
[1]KevinM: Frozenflame
[2]Not Voting: Junglefever, Gheb

It takes 6 to lynch!

Deadline is set for the last second of October 11th. EST

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
The only people I have town reads on at the moment are Frozenflame and Mcfox. I still need to see more from everyone else.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
The only people I have town reads on at the moment are Frozenflame and Mcfox. I still need to see more from everyone else.
So...I'm just curious. How do you have town reads on FF, exactly? He only posted twice and both of them were pretty small post. Only one of them has some contribute to the discussion.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer

Not sure where all the suspicion on Riddle is coming from. His analysis of the claim is mostly accurate. "he wouldn't think of that" argument is pretty weak but the other stuff is logically sound.

FF is no fan of the newbie card either, but a huge part of early game in mafia is being able to tell the difference between noob/innocent slips and actual scumtells. Bearing Cactis claim in mind, he's certainly not the play for today.

Very suspicious of KevinM atm. He clearly didn't take any time to consider what Cacti meant by his roleclaim. Furthermore, he says his only two candidates are Cacti and Riddle, both of which FF sees no reason for targeting. Very telling of skimming. Ergo, scummy.

Vote: KevinM
This post gave me town vibes and for the most part is thinking how I was.

He also picked up something on kevin which i missed, I don't know why kevin would limit himself to two people on D1 already and also shrugged off cacti's claim as "lol overpowered." Come on Kevin, do you REALLY think Cacti made all of that up? And are you going to separate yourself from any other discussion unless it concerns Cacti or Riddle or will you actually help out? If so, please explain your suspicions on the two and anyone else you may have a nose for.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Speaking of skimming...

frozen - you, Kev, and Marshy are probably the people in this game who have been playing the longest. Do Kev and Marshy seem to be playing normally to you? What are your usual strategies for scumhunting on D1, if things are moving slowly?
Considering your vote, I feel the first question is particularly relevant now. From my perspective, Kev seems to be doing what he always does D1. Do you disagree?

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
FF's strategy for scumhunting D1 is the way FF scumhunts at all times. Read posts and attempt to deduce the whys behind them. Motivation is everything in forum mafia. People can say anything, and WHAT is said is often misleading. Figuring out why people take the time to post what they do is where the scumtells are at.

When things are moving slow though, FF will typically bring fresh scumtell material to the forefront and gauge what people think about it. Discussion is always key.

Kev and Marshy seem to be playing normally. Stylistically speaking, FF wouldn't say that their playstyles are out of the ordinary. However, FF does contend that KevinM's piss poor lynch pool is highly scummy regardless of how he presented it. His style was fine, but his content is way off.

No read on Marshy atm.

Riddle

Smash Lord
Let's all refer to ourselves in the 2nd person as it is much cooler than the 3rd or first persons.

You think that cacti is scummy and still our best lynch target. Protective roles are a very good safelcaim for maf, and personally, you believe that it would be a good idea to lynch Cacti, because he is hella scummy.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Now that's just confusing.

Are you trying to say that you, Riddle, still believe Cacti to be out best lynch candidate despite is ridiculously solid claim?

It doesn't matter if he claimed a protective role. He claimed a protective role as a VERY important character and and specific protective role at that. If he just claimed some whimsical character and a nebulous protective role, FF would be more inclined to agreed with you, but the fact of the matter is, sans CC, Cacti's claim is legit.

Riddle

Smash Lord
You can't rule out the fact that Ned Flanders is a safe-claim. Idk if Cacti is as good of a lynch target, but to me he is a good option if we can't find anyone else by the end of the day.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Definitely not ruling it out. Just seems very unlikely.

Cacti shouldn't be lynched barring a CC or some explicit evidence that proves he is scum. There really isn't much reason to believe he is scum, and lynching him just for the heck of it would be nearly as bad as lynching confirmed town.

Riddle

Smash Lord
I'm not proposing lynching Cacti just for the heck of it. HE has been acting majorly scummy and deserves to be lynched for it. However, I don't think he should be our primary focus right now.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
I love when people say someoen shouldnt be our focus but then don't tell us who should be

-.-

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah, this vote is still sitting on me. mentos, if you really want to vote for me then fine, but man, you need to get in the game.

mentos - do you actually suspect me, or is that just a leftover joke vote? What are your thoughts on Omni vs. Gheb that's taken up the majority of the day?
First and foremost: Unvote: McFox Long overdue because of my distraction from this game. Now, my thoughts on Omni vs. Gheb? I read it as TvT honestly, just the inactivity of many players at the time forcing the two to be at eachother's throats.

Good to see you stepping it up for Omis, Jungle. Mentos posted a couple of times in MegaMafia so he's def. not "inactive". Maybe somebody should remind him to post here.

McFox, I doubt that there's a jester in this game because most people hate that role. Considering that we're playing in the realm of the Simpsons there might be a chance though. Honestly, I'd rather lynch the jester anyways because he's anti-town nevertheless and keeping him around is just plain dumb.

:059:
Yes, I know I had posted in other games. Most importantly, MegaMafia is in a **** near endgame situation, and if I only have time to post in one game at a time, well, it's going to be the one in the heaviest situation.

what are your thoughts on cacti's claim? this goes out to everyone, but you're the only one to not initially weigh in on whether or not they're inclined to believe the claim

that's kind of hard to believe and i wish you didn't post it in the first place unvote mcfox vote riddle
Cacti's claim was extremely suspicious the way he originally presented it. In his first post, he says he is a doctor/tracker/watcher, which is extremely powerful. However, after the specifics of the role were given, it seems under-powered if anything, and much more believable.

If he is town, which I believe he is, we don't know that he will definitely be nk'd.

Heck, he could be baiting the nk and his role could actually be army veteran/paranoid gun owner.
First of all, the reason protective claims should often be lynched the day they claim is because it sets mafia up for massive WIFOM. If they keep Cacti alive after his claim, it is going to make us question him.

As for the second part of that post, why would you insinuate that? There's no inclination to believe that could be his role, and if you actually thought that could be the case, why the hell would you say it out loud? It only puts the possibility(as much as it is almost guaranteed not the case) in the minds of the mafia.

I love when people say someoen shouldnt be our focus but then don't tell us who should be

-.-
Right now I honestly have no idea who should be our focus. I wouldn't entirely mind a Cacti lynch because it prevents mafia from WIFOM'ing us, and also causes the suspicion on him to be removed. However, outside of Cacti, I really have no one I would really like to hear from, the only person who had a really standout moment was Omis, and that has been fixed since Jungle took over for him.

Cacti

Smash Journeyman
Riddle, you are starting to look more and more scummier. At first, you stated you believed my claims, but then you said that I was a good lynch target for the day because you think that I am a mafia fakeclaiming as a protective role which is safe according to you: this makes no sense to me at all as if they are mafia, they will not be killed during the night and then lynched the next day. Your opinion changed and now you think that my claim is not real.

Let's all refer to ourselves in the 2nd person as it is much cooler than the 3rd or first persons.

You think that cacti is scummy and still our best lynch target. Protective roles are a very good safelcaim for maf, and personally, you believe that it would be a good idea to lynch Cacti, because he is hella scummy.
You can't rule out the fact that Ned Flanders is a safe-claim. Idk if Cacti is as good of a lynch target, but to me he is a good option if we can't find anyone else by the end of the day.
I'm not proposing lynching Cacti just for the heck of it. HE has been acting majorly scummy and deserves to be lynched for it. However, I don't think he should be our primary focus right now.
These three posts I found very odd: your opinion changes yet again. First you think that I am town's best lynch target because a protective role is a good safeclaim for mafia and I am really scummy. These are the same reasons that you have been stating over and over again throughout this game. It seems to me that you're just trying to push a lynch onto me now.

But on the second two posts, you say that you're not sure if I'm a good lynch target and went back a little saying that I should be lynched if we cannot find anyone else, as if reeling back thinking that you've been pushing a little too hard.

Cacti

Smash Journeyman
Cacti's claim was extremely suspicious the way he originally presented it. In his first post, he says he is a doctor/tracker/watcher, which is extremely powerful. However, after the specifics of the role were given, it seems under-powered if anything, and much more believable.
Ok, when did I ever say I was doctor/tracker/watcher? I said I was doctor and a watcher or tracker. I clearly stated the secondary effect in my post:

Ok, I am Ned Flanders, Doctor and Watcher... Tracker... Thingy. I visit people and I can also see if they are are at home or visiting somebody. Now I'm going to get night killed...
"I can also see if they are at home or visiting somebody"

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Riddle seems really scummy/

Unvote
Vote Riddle

We can always test his claim later.

He already has a target on his back, yet you're still pushing it. I'm fine with your lynch.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
Who's on your list steel
-.-
Sorry Jungle, there's just a lot of people left that need to be discussed so I thought it'd be a better idea to list who I think are town instead.

But if you're so insistent, what about you?

I'm sorry.

You're tracker/watcher/doctor......

What really gets me is the 'tracker...watcher...thingy''

Now, it SHOULD SAY in his PM what he is, there should be no...thingy. There should be no 'im not sure if im a tracker or watcher'. Maybe I'm just reading too hard into his language.

With that, the many other scum tells which he admits to, and the chances of such a role being in the game....urg

im just inclined to not believe it
I don't get why you would want to focus on the "thingy", same with Rockin.

I'm pretty sure this is personality coming into play and/or just throwing out a soft humor line as his role isn't exactly common. You're clearly reaching with these last two posts and the following one.

Just from the language i feel like he was being spoonfed by a veteran player and tried to use his own language and then had no idea what he was saying.

But your scenario is just as viable.

I've yet to see any legit help from you when trying to discuss outside of the Cacti scenario. And when we ARE in that scenario, what are you trying to do? Spot an easy lynch for D1? The evidence is out there for why Cacti shouldn't be the play today.

unvote vote: Jungle

Eyes still on Riddle however, specially after his last few posts.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Steel the second one was for Gheb, because I recognized that yous aid who you think was town which was good enough for me.

Mentos has it right when he says protective roles that claim should be lynched the day they claim as it sets up for ridiculous amounts of WIFOM the next day if they arent NK'd. I think Cacti is the best lynch for to day.

Top Bottom