• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SINGLES Lucario Match-Ups and Directory! Mario will brb saving a princess

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Xyro said he won't post until after this weekend's tournament. He'll be able to play Trela, myself, and possibly Lee Martin (assuming he goes). I won't post anything until he posts, since I can just go with what he posts.

Vionce

Smash Journeyman
for bowser i like FD cuz it gives lots of space to force approches and avoid the **** shield grabs. Battlefield has a lower ceiling so i wouldn't recommend going there. For cp go frigate since bowser doesn't have very good vertical recovery. The slopes can screw up his short hop fair and koopa claw options. Bowser can live for a very long time on japes and mansion, but at least on mansion we get the more utilt and combo potential.

iRJi

Smash Champion
Just want to say something real fast. It is not about the Current matchups going on lol.

Phil, You need to update the front page on the number sheet. You have the exports done, but the chart on the top is missing the information you have covered.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Lucario vs Samus is going to be a chase game.

Samus is going to be trying to keep you away with projectiles while coming in for a few pokes before going to camp some more. Lucario has the range to get in on her.

Samus's camp game will consist of Charge shot, Missiles and Zair. Bombs will be used more as an escape tactic. Aura Sphere can handle some of the camping, but Samus will still win in the long run if you play a camp war. Lucario should approach, he has the range with priority to stop most of her attacks. Samus also lacks killing power, it's going to be hard for her to get a goos kill on us. This is bad for her, the longer we hold our stock the more power we get. She'll have a harder time staying alive and killing us than we will.

The basics of the match-up is approaching and keeping the pressure on until you can force an opening. Lucario can force an opening with the tools at his disposal.

Stage wise, Lucario will want stages that restrict camping and favor aggro a bit more. So don't go to Japes or FD.

BF will help with platform to avoid camp, if Luigi's mansion is legal pick that it will make close combat a bit easier.

60:40 Lucario.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Just want to say something real fast. It is not about the Current matchups going on lol.

Phil, You need to update the front page on the number sheet. You have the exports done, but the chart on the top is missing the information you have covered.
Yeah, I know :p. I keep asking Timbers for the .psd file, and I'm trying to get a hold of him via AIM, but he's just been gone for a long time lol. FlameWaveK said he'd probably update it after I get the file to him.

G-Beast

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4442-0111-1914
we have covered the matchup in our thread... reading it would prove useful =)

i will post in your thread though if i can think of anything

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Whata what? Gimme a break lol
D:
I'm waiting for Xyro, but if we don't want to, we could always do the final verdict on MU numbers for Bowser/samus and vote for the next MUs.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Never mind, I thought we did Zelda.

In that case.

Ike & Zelda.

Info:
Xyro77 said:
Red Ryu said:
The Lucario boards just wanted to know if you wanted to leave some input before we moved on to another character.

After watching the Legan Money match more in-depth I'd have to say you are one of the if not the best Samus in the world.
You guys can go ahead an move on if you want and put it as 60-40 in lucarios favor. im writing the match-up but its kinda big so im not done yet.
So go ahead and start a new one if you want to Phil.

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
Ike and ness please.

We really gotta get around to doing the PK boys.

They're a little of a toughie just because you can't afford to miss an aurasphere not because it'll be reflected at you, but they'll get a huge chunk of life back if you miss <_<

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
What did we say the ratio was last time? I don't remember.

I do have experience in this MU though, I've played Kirk in a tournament along with a lot of serious Ike mains.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
It went on a long fight about how jabs and ftilts can cancel BAS, which imo is kind of a moot point if it doesn't allow you to close space against a projectile and you still have that ever so slight risk of taking damage anyways.

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
just a little tidbit.

Don't roll into Ike. ever.

Ike mains relish for the moment someone rolls into them [or at least I do], get Forward/Upsmashed.

and be aggressive in the air, being passive means you'll get ***** by his fair's long range.

manhunter098

Smash Lord
I have a lot of experience with fighting a pretty good Ike, the best thing to do is just play defensive since Ike has to approach, and if he screws up, you punish him for it. Its an easy matchup really, dont try to approach him while he is in the air, simply because he does outrange Lucario, hes big and fairly easy to juggle. Try to stay out of Ike's grab range, and avoid staying too close just because his jab is excellent, but if you just keep letting him come to you its pretty easy to control the flow of the match.

But by and large, my absolute favorite part of this matchup is how ridiculously easy it is to kill Ike once you knock him off stage, you should always try to have a fully charged aura sphere in this matchup if you are going to attempt to knock Ike off stage, when you do knock him off stage, just wait by the edge (out of aether range) and if he goes for a quick draw you toss an Aura Sphere at him, if he tries to recover with aether then you just throw the aura sphere so it will hit him if he doesnt perfectly sweetspot the ledge. Its so easy to repel Ike from the stage my friend will hardly oblige my Lucario with a match against his Ike.

iRJi

Smash Champion
Lol, Ill try to get Ryko. he has been busy though, so if I can't get him, then I'll do the Ike matchup.

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
Ness is pretty good in the air, enough to match us i believe. also, the tail of PK thunder can be annoying when recovering. Not to mention, The magnet... One misfired AS and he regains 16 %. On the other hand, Just get him off stage and He's toast, We outlast him, and can hit as hard as he can. just citing basic facts here, dont really know ness.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Well, I had the priviledge of playing Dog Latin long ago, but there were a lot of core basics I should've taken advantage of that I didn't in the MU:
-if he's juggling you with PKT stuff, just aerial it.
-fair outranges you, but that's all it really is: his best defenses against lucario are nair oos and retreating fair, but he has very little to keep him off.
-never fall for PKT2. I never did get hit by it, but I've seen people just get paralyzed by when the move comes out, if you see it actually arcing towards Ness' body (not twirling or any of that stuff), do what you need to do.
-I grabbed a lot in the MU, but I certainly should've used tilts to bat him away. Lucario can somewhat camp when Ness is pressed on the offense. Even though he has an absorber, it's slow, punishable at a closer zone, and Ness' defensive options are pretty bad, and would rather try to find an opening and wait than to actively keep you away.
-Never get comfortable ADing around him, especially after a throw. Dair will make short work out of you.
-gimping him is not too hard, I won't go into the whole "steal the thunder" thing, it's a misconception that it's common/easy and is obviously only going to happen if you're already gimping him in the process. It's decently easy to go for edgeguarding/gimping you have to be smart and limit his options though.
-Like I said, on the ground especially, not very good tools to keep you out. He's able to do it better in the air though.
Honestly bthrow is going to be plan A to really kill you. If you avoid all the tricks behind it and really make it hard to get in, he's gonna go for plan B which is usually bair, which won't kill until 140ish in many situations.
A very interesting match, be smart with AS, learn when and when not to get in, and imo it's a 60:40, possibly 55:45 lucario's favor, in terms of superior tools, outlasting, and options.

Top Bottom