• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SLASTv2 - Smells Like a Smash Tournament version 2: 09/18/2010, Wichita, KS

Which day would you rather have SLASTv2???

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Yo, this is Mr. Doom, get it right. Please, only aesthetic hacks are accepted. Do not add any hacks that will change the inner workings of the game (i.e. no tripping, s-canceling, etc.)

Dnyce

Smash Master
Yo, this is Mr. Doom, get it right. Please, only aesthetic hacks are accepted. Do not add any hacks that will change the inner workings of the game (i.e. no tripping, s-canceling, etc.)
Any form of code done to alter Olimar's costume, the Character Select screen or stages in any way I will not play on. I am not trying to be finicky, Nintendo makes complex codes not meant to be hacked and any alteration in code concerning Olimar can change the pikmin he gets and the frames of his moves. Any serious player wouldn't accept it.

fragbait

Smash Master

Any form of code done to alter Olimar's costume, the Character Select screen or stages in any way I will not play on. I am not trying to be finicky, Nintendo makes complex codes not meant to be hacked and any alteration in code concerning Olimar can change the pikmin he gets and the frames of his moves. Any serious player wouldn't accept it.
Lol, Olimar main beats MK and now they make demands xD

jk fino i'm just trollin

Dnyce

Smash Master
Lol, Olimar main beats M2K and now they make demands xD

jk fino i'm just trollin
*fixed*

But really...

-----------|START|--------------------------
Generate Article/Prop - 0x0,
Asynchronous Timer - Frames=2.00x,
Frame Speed - Multiplier=RA-Float[4],
Asynchronous Timer - Frames=5.00x,
Frame Speed - Multiplier=1.00x,
Asynchronous Timer - Frames=8.00x,
Allow Interrupt
----------------------------|END|-----------
RA-Float4 gets overwritten frequently within fighter.pac, especially for run speed and several other scenarios. Utilizing it in his successful pluck subaction can occasionally result in a bad write hence the variable pluck speeds.

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero

*fixed*

But really...

RA-Float4 gets overwritten frequently within fighter.pac, especially for run speed and several other scenarios. Utilizing it in his successful pluck subaction can occasionally result in a bad write hence the variable pluck speeds.
How is Fighter.pac getting overwritten? It's a separate file from the character Texture files (located between Falco and Fox's data), though it's listed in the same general section (Partition 2 -DATA->fighter->fighter.pac). Unless someone included moveset info inside Olimar's PCS/PAC files, or edited his Fitmotion, I don't really see how it would override fighter.pac, or affect that file in any way. Is this just something that happens to Olimar? Could you show me where this partition is that affects his pluck speed? I'm genuinely curious as to why that would happen.

Dnyce

Smash Master
How is Fighter.pac getting overwritten? It's a separate file from the character Texture files (located between Falco and Fox's data), though it's listed in the same general section (Partition 2 -DATA->fighter->fighter.pac). Unless someone included moveset info inside Olimar's PCS/PAC files, or edited his Fitmotion, I don't really see how it would override fighter.pac, or affect that file in any way. Is this just something that happens to Olimar? Could you show me where this partition is that affects his pluck speed? I'm genuinely curious as to why that would happen.
I'm not necessarily the specific person to talk to about coding, lol. I was told this by shaanus or w/e his name is. From what I understood, any change in the game can affect Olimar in those ways and it's basically bad coding on Nintendo's part.

I'm also, in general, against character texture hacks, and stage textures due to their known variable effect on a stage's PPA.

EDIT: PPA means Pikmin Pluck Advantage - the change in the percent of pikmin on a stage.

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
That's really weird. I would propose though, that if Olimar's Pikmin Pluck is contained within Fighter.pac, then loading a clean one through the SD card itself would most likely circumvent that glitch (I'm guessing at this point of course, but it makes sense to me). Yeah it sounds like data that should have just been all coded into Olimar himself was spread out around several different files in the game. I would assume this was done to keep his character file size down.

Dnyce

Smash Master
That's really weird. I would propose though, that if Olimar's Pikmin Pluck is contained within Fighter.pac, then loading a clean one through the SD card itself would most likely circumvent that glitch (I'm guessing at this point of course, but it makes sense to me). Yeah it sounds like data that should have just been all coded into Olimar himself was spread out around several different files in the game. I would assume this was done to keep his character file size down.
TL;DR - Olimar is ghey

But thanks for explaining it a bit. I like the game as it came though, casually I like stage texture hacks, but character hacks beyond simple recoloring are *shiver*
lol.

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero

TL;DR - Olimar is ghey

But thanks for explaining it a bit. I like the game as it came though, casually I like stage texture hacks, but character hacks beyond simple recoloring are *shiver*
lol.
I just keep hacking the game more and more. My Olimars don't have helmets anymore lol

If you're seriously training though and not just having friendlies, it's a good idea to turn it all off.

leatherhead93

Smash Journeyman
Im at disssss!!!!!!!!!!!
Also i can bring a wii but not sure about a full setup if thats a problem :(

Also labor day weekend isnt good for me because of a family reuion but i can maybe figure something out if it comes down to it.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Yo, this is Mr. Doom, get it right. Is holding this tournament during the Labor Day weekend going to present some problems for a lot of people? Let me know so that I can change the date to the 18th. Otherwise, we'll just leave it at the 4th.

Dnyce

Smash Master
Yo, this is Mr. Doom, get it right. Is holding this tournament during the Labor Day weekend going to present some problems for a lot of people? Let me know so that I can change the date to the 18th. Otherwise, we'll just leave it at the 4th.
18th would be better

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Fighter.pac only affects characters. How can stages affect it?

mangan

Smash Cadet
I'd prefer if it's kept to the 4th. I can't be the only one who's already asked off from work already.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Yo, this is Mr. Doom, get it right. The poll is up, and it closes on the 21st, approximately 2 weeks from the initial date of SLASTv2. If more people favor having the tourney on the 18th, then I will see that we have it on the 18th.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
I want to change my vote to the 18th. I'll talk to a mod and see if he can fix that for me.

Feng Shui

Smash Cadet
Abstaining. Weekends are always a happy. As long as that keeps happening I'm cool.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Yo, this is Mr. Doom, get it right.

Next Update

Date Change
The date for the tournament has been changed to the 18th of September. That is the 3rd Saturday of that month.

Circuit Event
Due to some unexpected inconveniences in the two other states of this circuit, I have decided to make SLASTv2 a circuit event. This shall be the second event of the circuit, so pot cuts will apply.

Stagelist
I'm adding the four counter-pick stages in question to the stage list: Jungle Japes, Distant Planet, Luigi's Mansion, and Port Town Aero Dive.

Brawl Minus
This is a relatively new event that I plan to run at my monthlies. You can read up on Brawl Minus here. I shall designate at least one wii for Brawl Minus after the singles and doubles tournaments.

Equipment
Please bring power strips to this event.

I believe that covers it for this update. The Original Post has also been updated.

Teh Future

Smash Master
why the **** would those stages be added for a CIRCUIT event that already uses a ******** stagelist.

imad

but really that should be changed.... you cant just change circuit rules once its already started

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Circuit Event
Due to some unexpected inconveniences in the two other states of this circuit, I have decided to make SLASTv2 a circuit event. This shall be the second event of the circuit, so pot cuts will apply.

Stagelist
I'm adding the four counter-pick stages in question to the stage list: Jungle Japes, Distant Planet, Luigi's Mansion, and Port Town Aero Dive.

NKv3 Stage List Go?

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
why the **** would those stages be added for a CIRCUIT event that already uses a ******** stagelist.
Yo, this is Mr. Doom, get it right. You just answered your own question, unless you were purposely trying to make your question sound rhetorical.

If you're still going to carp about it, I'll just give you and only you five stage bans because you need a handicap.

Top Bottom