• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SLASTv2 - Smells Like a Smash Tournament version 2: 09/18/2010, Wichita, KS

Which day would you rather have SLASTv2???

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
I think NKv3's stage list is still the best one out there:

Neutral Stages

Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium 1 (Melee)
Castle Siege

Counter-Pick

Delfino Plaza
Halberd
Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon
Rainbow Cruise
Pictochat​

Tmacc

Smash Lord
If you're still going to carp about it, I'll just give you and only you five stage bans because you need a handicap.
Lololol. David does need a handicap.

Teh Future

Smash Master
done we can even make these stages legal and we will do it saturday you gon get ralalallallallalllalaalalaalalaaalaalaallallallalllalaaalallallalalalalalalaallalalllllaalalalalalalalalped

Tmacc

Smash Lord
done we can even make these stages legal and we will do it saturday you gon get ralalallallallalllalaalalaalalaaalaalaallallallalllalaaalallallalalalalalalaallalalllllaalalalalalalalalped
You gon be maddd when weegee styles all over you. Joggly has nothing.
I think the stages should be legal, wither way. Haha, we should all at least try it...

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
MLG rule-set shouldn't apply then. It only makes sense. No matter how you look at it, it makes sense.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Yo, this is Mr. Doom, get it right. I've been busy here and there that I forgot to do something about the MLG rules. I'll update the original post again sometime tomorrow, hopefully.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Yo, this is Mr. Doom, get it right.

Next Update

MLG Rule-set
I've decided to be a B**** about it and keep the MLG rules on a list, but you'll notice that they're not on the op. So that must mean only one thing: MLG rules have been taken off.

Brawl Minus
We will test the first side event with the regular stage set listed on the OP. All other rules apply as well.

Equipment
Please bring power strips to this event.

I believe that covers it for this update. The Original Post has also been updated.

Teh Future

Smash Master
no hes just pick and choosing what he wants from mlg and jbr (joke back room) rule list.

this is one of the worst rulelists ive ever seen lol

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Mr Doom, you're making a big mistake with all this. A lot of people aren't happy.

This is a circuit event. Use the NKv3 Stage List with the BBR rule-set. Throw out the MLG ruleset. Done.

aka. Protip: Start listening to the people. :)

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
Affinity speaks for a lot of people but is only one person, thus only valid as one opinion.

Keep the stage list.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Sweet this stagelist gives me a free win on all my counterpicks :). I get a stage better than FD for IC's and a stage better than RC for GW. ^_^

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
On a serious note however, I believe all the other circuit events have had or plan to have the same ruleset aside from this one. It doesn't really make sense for one of the events to have a different ruleset as that will mess with the point distribution and fairness of the overall circuit. So I suggest this tournament not be a circuit event, or that you change the ruleset to match the other ones.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
I still think this should use the stage list that was used at NKv3, or something similar to it.

Just saying.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Yo, this is Mr. Doom, get it right. I gave you guys a chance to discuss the stage list. There was little discussion. I did my thing, and now the whining begins. I'd be more prone to listening if there was a more healthy discussion about the stages.

Cook

Smash Master
Edit: If this is by MLG rules than the four new stages should NOT be used. I mean, the only reason for us to use the MLG rule-set is to prepare for MLG itself. If a person (likely Holms for example) makes it to the finals USING the four "?" stages, than that defeats the purpose of using the MLG rule-set at all. If you allow these stages than you should NOT use the MLG rule-set. Imo it's one or the other.
NO!
To the new stages. Lol.
I say the four new stages be allowed. I don't even need a reason other than that these stages are awesome and should be allowed because I think they're awesome.:bee:
Ewww stages, but then again I'm bias. Good **** Doctor.

HYPE!
At least give the stages a chance. Can't gather data and proof of them being good/bad without testing in a tourney first. Just my opinion.
They have been tested. These stages were all legal at some point and then people decided they sucked and wanted them gone.

I say BURN 'EM AT STAKE.
I would love to see the new stages played upon. Should be all kinds of fun drama.
I agree fully with what 4rce said. If you're running the MLG ruleset, then you should run the MLG stage list along with it without any changes.
Distant Planet is legits. The other three are not. That's all that I have to say.
Those stages should be tested in this tournament for awesomeness.

Looks to me like people DID discuss the stages initially. There seem to be lot of votes either way, but it looks like a lot of people who want the stages only want them to make things more random or to test them. The first thing is clearly not something that should be taken into consideration, and I don't think a circuit event is an appropriate medium for testing.

leatherhead93

Smash Journeyman
Wanna MM?

$5 Diddy vs. Wario and $5 Wario dittos?

:D Feel free to decline.
Nah son ive wanted to rematch your diddy for awhile.
I actually made a vow to never lose to a diddy again cause its one of my best matchups. Now i can put that to the test :3

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
even though i never get to play on FD anyway...interesting that lylat is somehow more legit.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Blah 4th was much better didn't see this tournament in time, we thought it was already on the 4th.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Yo, this is Mr. Doom, get it right. I added the payout for Brawl Minus (60/30/10) on the OP. If less than 20 people show up for Brawl Minus, 3rd place will still get $2.

Top Bottom