• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sleepy's Super Awesome Birthday Bash(Battleaxe Chronicles) September 18th, Durham, NC

Mariabattleaxe

Smash Ace
Jason, a friend of mine, owns Gamefrog in Durham and has graciously decided to lend his venue out for smash tournaments. So I present a new tournament series:

Date:
September 18, 2010

Northgate Mall
1058 W. Club Blvd.
Space 832
Durham, NC 27701

Contact Info:
If you have questions, need the address, or plan on being late, call me.
(919) 884-5966

Setups:
Need setups.

Prices/Payout:

Venue Fee: $5

Entry:
-Singles: $5
-Doubles: $10 ($5 per person)
-Low Tier Doubles (melee): $4 ($2 per person)

Payout:
-60/30/10
-May pay out to top 5 in singles if enough people show.
-If that is the case then payout would be:
-Singles: 40/25/15/10/5/5
-Doubles: 60/30/10
(feel free to suggest alternatives)

Schedule:

Registration for melee doubles/singles begins at 11
Matches start at 12. Be there or you do not enter.
Registration for brawl doubles/singles begins at 4
Matches start at 5.

Food:

The venue is at a mall with a typical mall food court. There is also a Burger King up the street. Gamefrog also has drinks for sale.

Housing:
I can maybe house 2 people. If anyone else could offer housing, let me know and I will put your name up here.

Rules:

Melee Rules:

* Items off.
* Ties are broken by remaining lives, then %. If both criteria are tied, then the Sudden Death match will be played out.
* First stage is random from the Neutral stages listed below.
* The loser of the first match will announce a new stage to play on for the next game. The winner will then be allowed to switch characters, followed by the loser. Apply the same logic for the third match (and fourth/fifth when applicable) if there is one. (Advanced Slob Picks)
* No stage may be used twice in a single set if the counter-picking player has already won on that stage, unless the opponent agrees to use the stage again. (Dave's Stupid Rule)
* Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime before the first game of a set starts, and only apply to the first game.
* Each person (or team) may choose one stage to be disabled for the entire set at the START OF THE SET, after characters have been chosen but before the random stage has been picked.
* Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.
* Wobbling is banned.
* For doubles: Team Attack will be ON, life stealing allowed.

Stage List
Neutrals:
- Battlefield
- Final Destination
- Yoshi's Story
- Dreamland 64
- Fountain of Dreams (Singles only)
- Pokemon Stadium (Doubles only)

Counterpicks:
- Pokemon Stadium
- Kongo Jungle 64
- Rainbow Cruise
- Brinstar

Banned:
everything else

Brawl Rules(MLG):

* No use of Marth’s Grab Release Infinites against Lucas and Ness.
* No use of King Dedede’s Grab Infinites against Bowser, Donkey Kong, Luigi, Samus, and Mario.
* No use of Metaknight’s Infinite Cape Glitch.
* No Pausing a Game without both player's permission.
* No use of an action that freezes a Game, or otherwise disrupts standard gameplay.
* Any Infinite Move must end before the affected Character reaches 300%.
* Players may request a Blind Pick of Characters for the Game 1 of a Match.
* After the Stage has been selected for Game 1 of a Match, each Player may select one Stage, from the list of Starter Stages or Counter-Pick Stages, that can’t be chosen.
* The loser of a Game must select the Stage for the next Game.
* After the Stage has been selected, the winner of the previous Game must select their Character(s), for the upcoming Game, first. The loser of the Game must then choose their Character(s) for the upcoming Game.
* If the Timer runs out, the winner of the Game will be determined by the following criteria in this order: Stock and Percentage. If Stock is used to determine a winner, the highest number will win. If Percentage is used to determine a winner, the lowest number will win. If both Stock and Percentage are tied, Sudden Death won’t be used and a Tiebreaker Round will be played instead. In a Tiebreaker Round, Stock will be set to 1, the Timer will be set to 4 Minutes, and the same Stage and Characters must be used.
* If the Timer runs out and one Player exceeds the Edge Grab Limit for that Game’s Stage, that Player will Forfeit the Game. However, if the Timer runs out and both Players exceed the Edge Grab Limit for that Game’s Stage, the penalty will not be enforced. The Edge Grab Limit on Norfair will be 45. The Edge Grab Limit on all other Stages will be 35. The Edge Grab Limits only apply to Games/Tiebreaker Rounds in which the Timer runs out.

Stage List
Starter Stages:
- Battlefield
- Castle Siege
- Delfino Plaza
- Final Destination
- Halberd
- Lylat Cruise
- Pokémon Stadium
- Smashville
- Yoshi’s Island

Counterpicks:
- Brinstar
- Frigate Orpheon
- Green Greens
- Norfair
- Pictochat
- Pokémon Stadium 2
- Rainbow Cruise
----------------------------------------------------

-Keif for the name
-Zio for the banner
-Yoshi for letting us use his store

Attending:

Georgia:
Mike G
Lounis
Mike B
SleepyK

Random Brawl Pro:
Big Lou
Virginia:
Foxlisk
Mahone
KnightPredator
Krnred225
FaceFaceMcFace

The Catfish:
Smith
Everlasting Yayuhz
LOZR
DRUNK Dr. PP
Dop
Stingers
Jim
Twitch
Krackshot Kroc
Keith Trowa
Stockfield
CT
Damage Points
Fizwidget
Ocean
Dark Hart
Behr
Slasher King
ZeldaRox
Omni
Kadaj
Black Chris
Foxy
M@
Ragnarok
Justice
Damage Points
Uncle
Moophobia

Sup babies:

Best locals(and soon regionals) the Atlantic South will see starting right here, everyone better come and get hype and appreciate all of the hard work Maria puts into this thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-PP out

null55

Smash Master
hey if this is ending at nine..

don't run both games lol.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Rules look good, payout looks fair, and the venue sounds decent enough.

Weekend after Apex might be good(14th), but people may be reluctant to come because they just went to Apex. However, waiting until the 21st could be a problem because it's close to college starting back up.

It might end up depending on how many people from NC go to Apex, if you're looking for turnout.

Edit: Lol Mike G and Dogy. XD

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Well I'll probably get ***** on making this(not that I matter enough to change this date.....just pointing it out I guess), but yeah it's probably better overall if it's on the 14th.

Hope everyone comes....it's close to all of you lazy people. =p

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
awesome. gamefrog should be a good venue.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Well, couldn't it be on...say a Thursday or something? Just throwing out suggestions.

Mariabattleaxe

Smash Ace
I could make it on a weekday, but that is inconvenient for people who have to work and such. Unless we could all agree on a specific weekday.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I think PP already did.
Snap and Bden gave me better things to do today.

I think DJ is hosting on the 24th? If not, then it seems like a solid enough date, but I don't know what other people are doing.

I could probably make it on July 24th though, so that'd be pretty cool.

Mariabattleaxe

Smash Ace
Uhm DJ is hosting on the 24th, but I think July 31st is pretty free.
Aside from that SC tourney... but I do not think anyone from NC was going to that.
What do you guys think about the 31st?

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
No clue about that one either for other people, but I might be able to pull that one off, personally.

Up to the parents on that one.

Top Bottom