• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Wouldn't it be Optimus Prime's? I mean, clearly the rest of the Autobots just follow his lead. Wouldn't be surprised if he came up with all the catchphrases too.
Ok, Megatron, you win this round!
Doesn't look like you changed anything. So I would agree, my post is just fine.
You said that Mario Enemies appeared in Adventure of Link though, you know that's bull ****, I replaced the word "Adventure" with "Awakening."

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

Lucina was one of my most wanted, but something feels so off about her render. Is it the eyes, the shape of her face, or the angle? Something about this model makes her look much less anime-esque and less like her Awakenign design. It's kinda bugging me, I can't put my finger on what's wrong.

Yeah, her face is weirdly angular. Its a trait of her Wii U model, sadly.

Also, her hair is too short and realistic here. The same issue with Palutena and female Robin's model.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
So anyway... My thoughts on the Mario Kart stuff.
  • Tanooki Mario and Cat Peach are monstrosities. Why not Diddy, King Boo or Dry Bones?
  • As for the crossovers, while I'm actually kind of OK with Link, I couldn't care less about Animal Crossing and once again I think that other characters *cough*Diddy*cough* should have been in before them
  • Dry Bowser at the very least is long overdue. Great to see him back.
  • More vehicles? Doesn't matter, unless they have their own stats. All of the vehicles are glorified skins anyway.
  • At least the stages are worth it. All of the stages in MK8 are fantastic IMO and 8 more are added in both DLC packs? YES PLEASE
  • also more colours for Yoshi and Shy Guy are kind of cool. I mean, sure why not. I'll buy both DLC packs anyway for the stages (Link is cool too btw) and getting that in addition to the lowered combined cost is cool
I doubt this is the end of Mario Kart DLC. Part of me feels that Diddy is being saved for a Donkey Kong pack, which would likely feature a mix of 4 new and returning DK stages and Diddy along with two more DK reps out of Funky, K. Rool, Cranky, and Dixie.

I can't complain about reasonably priced DLC for an already complete game 6 months after launch.

D

Deleted member

To all those who own Animal crossing: New Leaf, I need your help.

During my game, I'm planning to erase my town, because I realized that my house is not well-positioned (too close to my river...).

And as a result, while I'm resetting my town, is there any very kind players who could keep all my possessions in his town until August 28-September 4 ?

FYI, I have "only" 70 furnitures to temporarily move.

Thank you in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
Show me Zelda tracks in Mario Kart, Nintendo.
I neeeeeeeeeeeed it.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
For maximum feels play this when reading:

I read the strip...the feels.

Then I noticed this post and went back and read the strip while listening to Gentle Rain...omg.

It's like I felt the feels and the feels felt me back.

T~T

Gotta play Mother 3 again soon.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I doubt this is the end of Mario Kart DLC. Part of me feels that Diddy is being saved for a Donkey Kong pack, which would likely feature a mix of 4 new and returning DK stages and Diddy along with two more DK reps out of Funky, K. Rool, Cranky, and Dixie.

I can't complain about reasonably priced DLC for an already complete game 6 months after launch.
I feel that we have another 2 lots of DLC. I thought a DK pack would be awesome too, but 3 characters rather than 4. Diddy, Dixie and Funky. Cranky and K.Rool are options too... who knows?! I say 3 characters because the grid just went down a row, so now there's room for it to go across a row, adding six more characters. We could see a villains pack, Bowser Jr. King Boo and Petey P.

Plus, another 4 GPX would round things out nicely. Also, judging by how many people already have it, and it's not even out yet, I'd say Nintendo know how much of a cash cow this is.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Show me Zelda tracks in Mario Kart, Nintendo.
I neeeeeeeeeeeed it.
Dunno if we're gotta get that many Zelda tracks. Would be cool.

I think we can see one of them in the DLC screenshots, though, in what appears to be a giant tree. Deku Tree? Faron Woods?

Sil

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1032-1490-1609
I wouldn't mind seeing Kirby in Mario Kart, but the question is about what copy abilities he'd use if any at all
None. It's still Mario Kart, they're not going to give one DLC character a completely different mechanic from all the others.

Sølid

Radio
3DS FC
4441-8453-4042
I kinda wish they would drop Mario Kart and make Smash Kart or something. Mario is great and all, but a Kart game with the ability to play as different Nintendo characters and franchise themed karts, abilities, and stages sounds like a great change of pace.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Dunno if we're gotta get that many Zelda tracks. Would be cool.

I think we can see one of them in the DLC screenshots, though, in what appears to be a giant tree. Deku Tree? Faron Woods?
Looks more like Haunted Towers (Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon) to me. The boss fight uses the same stairs as the stairs you see on the pic.
But I think Zelda will have at least one track. A Triforce Cup without a Zelda-track?

Last edited:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Looks more like Haunted Towers (Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon) to me. The boss fight uses the same stairs as the stairs you see on the pic.
But I think Zelda will have at least one track. A Triforce Cup without a Zelda-track?
Huuhhh, you might be right. Either one or the other. Either way, both would be awesome to race on.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
A Lozjam Production. The Leak

Sakurai smiled as he played his new game on the 3DS. Development was finally over. Smiling, he reached out to grab his glass of water. Sakurai winced from a huge stab of pain. He glanced at his wrist, it was swollen again. The director stood up and fetched some ice to ease the pain, but even the journey to the ice box was painful. Sakurai feebly took a bag and filled it with ice, cursing his tendinitis. Again at his spot on the couch, Sakurai began playing Smash 4, and was smiling when he was playing Ganondorf. He absentmindedly thought of the reactions his fans would have when he was finally confirmed. He chuckled to himself thinking that the users of Miiverse would compare Ganondorf to Goku. Those funny Americans are going to freak out when they see how powerful he is. Sakurai started a match of Smash Run with Shulk. The trailer was going to be shown soon, and so many people are going to be happy.
"There was so much to show", he softly spoke to himself, "in so little time". Sakurai was truly excited for this huge blowout of information for Smash 3DS. Happy, Sakurai smiled from the pure joy of his dream job.
An executive ran into Sakurai's office, quickly jolting him out of his fantasy.
"You need to see this", the executive said. Sakurai frowned slightly as he was concerned from the look of the executives face. The executive pulled up the leak online, and Sakurai frowned even more. All of his work, was being leaked without his leisure. All of the reactions of the people, were gone. Many people were mad at the roster, wanting more. Wanting more stages, wanting cut veterans, they just wanted more. Worried, the executive asked, "Are you okay?".
"I'm fine", Sakurai said. "Just make sure nothing else is leaked, okay?"
The executive left the room, trying to get this leak under control.
Sakurai quietly cried in his office, stunned that this happened. He then drew up some more Miiverse posts, pretending that the leak never happened.
"I need to stay strong for my staff and community", Sakurai said aloud. The director swallowed his tears and went to address his staff. Through all the pain and the disappointment, Sakurai still knew how happy children will be playing Smash for the first time, and that still made it worth it. The director knew there was still hope for many people, so he must not stop for anything. Not even a leak.

It's nothing special, but should give people a different perspective. Wow, it's been such a long time since I did this. I hope it is at least decent. I have not done narrative writing in such a long time. I hope you like it!

Last edited:

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579

Sakurai smiled as he played his new game on the 3DS. Development was finally over. Smiling, he reached out to grab his glass of water. Sakurai winced from a huge stab of pain. He glanced at his wrist, it was swollen again. The director stood up and fetched some ice to ease the pain, but even the journey to the ice box was painful. Sakurai feebly took a bag and filled it with ice, cursing his tendinitis. Again at his spot on the couch, Sakurai began playing Smash 4, and was smiling when he was playing Ganondorf. He absentmindedly thought of the reactions his fans would have when he was finally confirmed. He chuckled to himself thinking that the users of Miiverse would compare Ganondorf to Goku. Those funny Americans are going to freak out when they see how powerful he is. Sakurai started a match of Smash Run with Shulk. The trailer was going to be shown soon, and so many people are going to be happy.
"There was so much to show", he softly spoke to himself, "in so little time". Sakurai was truly excited for this huge blowout of information for Smash 3DS. Happy, Sakurai smiled from the pure joy of his dream job.
"You need to see this", the executive said. Sakurai frowned slightly as he was concerned from the look of the executives face. The executive pulled up the leak online, and Sakurai frowned even more. All of his work, was being leaked without his leisure. All of the reactions of the people, were gone. Many people were mad at the roster, wanting more. Wanting more stages, wanting cut veterans, they just wanted more. Worried, the executive asked, "Are you okay?".
Sakurai quietly cried in his office, stunned that this happened. He then drew up some more Miiverse posts, pretending that the leak never happened.
"I need to stay strong for my staff and community", Sakurai said aloud. The director swallowed his tears and went to address his staff. Through all the pain and the disappointment, Sakurai still knew how happy children will be playing Smash for the first time, and that still made it worth it. The director knew there was still hope for many people, so he must not stop for anything. Not even a leak.

It's nothing special, but should give people a different perspective. Wow, it's been such a long time since I did this. I hope it is at least decent. I have not done narrative writing in such a long time. I hope you like it!
God. That makes me want to hug Sakurai so bad. :(

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223

Well, that was an interesting take on Sakurai's views on leaks. Most of us tend to view him as this "troll god" who enjoys tormenting his fanbase in every conceivable manner (which may be true to some extent), but he is still just a man who is suffering from injuries brought about by his love for his millions of fans.

ClubbyBear

Smash Journeyman

needs more erotic material

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom

Wow, I'm going to cry.

Backgammon

Click clack.
NNID
BluePapaya

You are now wanted for assault. On my emotions.

Last edited:

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
So today is EarthBound's anniversary! I'm going to make a tribute pic or something in gimp when I get home and share it with you guys!

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
http://www.computerandvideogames.co...lains-nintendos-renewed-passion-for-the-core/
Shigeru Miyamoto on casual gamers: "It's kind of a passive attitude they're taking, and to me it's kind of a pathetic thing."
What does this even mean?
He means Melee is the best Smash. :troll: (Not trying to start a flame war here)
But I think he doesn't want to make games like Wii Music anymore or only games more focused on competitive players, but none of the Nintendo-games that have potential to be played competitively, are in Miyamoto's reach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom