• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Speculation Chart [WE UPDATE NOW]

D

Deleted member

Yeah, the order is by how the series are in order within Smash (excluding retros).
We covered Mario, DK, Zelda, and we're now on Metroid.
After that, we have Yoshi, Kirby, Star Fox, Pokémon, F-Zero, Mother, THEN Fire Emblem.
Then after Fire Emblem, Kid Icarus, Wario, and Pikmin.

The rest of the series are grouped together for specific purposes.
Ice Climber, Game & Watch, and Robot are in Retros (though the Retros may be broken down into separate groups within themselves due to the sheer number).
Metal Gear and Sonic The Hedgehog are in 3rd Parties.

Then the non-character represented series have their own subgroups.

D

Deleted member

Metroid...

How about, the Metroid Prime, not as Dark Samus, but as a Metroid?

Anyone?

Oh, ok fine. Pokemon.

Trainer N
5th Gen protag, (Hilda/Hilbert/Kyouhei/Mei)
Cynthia
May
Dawn
Gary/Blue
Team Rocket
Meowth

D

Deleted member

Please wait until Pokémon's turn has come.
We still have 4 series before it, including Metroid.

I'm surprised no one suggested Omega Ridley :troll:.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Ridley, Meta Ridley, Omega Ridley, Ridley-x, Ridley Robot. How many Ridley's (versions?) are there in the Metroid series?

It's like one big family of Ridley's. :ohwell:

wildvine47

Smash Ace
The only other Metroid characters I can think of that I've seen mentioned are the Prime 3 hunters and the SA-X, but those guys are all super small-time, so I don't really find them worth adding tbh.

D

Deleted member

Alright, I suppose I'll end Metroid now.

Yoshi's turn.
Kamek and Baby Bowser were already on the Consideration List, and Baby Mario was suggested as well.

I'm guessing there really is no other route for suggestion, so I might just end it very soon.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
One I'd suggest is Baby Mario and Luigi team like they did in Partners in Time.

splat

Smash Lord
Debu :troll:

I think that with Kamek and the different babies we're more than settled. Unless you're going to add a character from one of Yoshi's new games (Yarn or Island), but that's grasping at straws.

D

Deleted member

Until one is introduced, they wouldn't be added.
I suppose I could add Shy Guy as well; people seem to like the idea of a Shy Guy being a Yoshi rep for some reason.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Baby Daisy :troll:

I think the Yoshi series doesn't have much to draw from, considering there are few games that are part of it and it shares many aspects with the main Mario series.

splat

Smash Lord
Adding Shy Guy would make as much sense as adding Birdo - both are characters that are paired with Yoshi for some odd reason, but have nothing to do with him, really.

D

Deleted member

Adding Shy Guy would make as much sense as adding Birdo - both are characters that are paired with Yoshi for some odd reason, but have nothing to do with him, really.
They're common enemies in the Yoshi games.
Birdo has yet to appear in a Yoshi game in comparison.

splat

Smash Lord
They're common enemies in the Yoshi games.
Birdo has yet to appear in a Yoshi game in comparison.
I am aware of that, yes, but both characters are from Doki Doki Panic (or SMB2, if you will), not from a Yoshi game.
I mentioned Birdo because of this reason, and because it's usually paired with Yoshi in Mario spin-offs. Both Birdo and Shy Guy should not appear on the roster (adding Shy Guy would be like adding Goomba or Koopa and Birdo would just give me nightmares).

D

Deleted member

Difference between Shy Guy and Goomba/Koopa is that Yoshi doesn't really have many alternative options, and there are people that would like to see the former.
And regardless of their origin, they are now Mario/Yoshi characters (depending on the character, of course). I can say that Mario is from the Donkey Kong series because he originated in Donkey Kong, not Mario Bros., but that'd be quite strange.
Though like the majority of the babies that aren't Bowser (I don't even think Baby Mario should be considered to be honest, but I'll have him solely because he's pretty much the main baby), I'll leave him out.

As for Birdo, being a more prominent spin-off character in a similar vein to Daisy and Waluigi (even appearing in Captain Rainbow as a major NPC), you're just going to have to deal with the nightmares.

D

Deleted member

Are we on Yoshi now??

Is that before or after Kirby?

....mmm

Wake me up when we get to Star Fox.

D

Deleted member

Welp, as expected, Yoshi didn't garner that much suggestion, so moving on to Kirby.

Aside from Kirby, Meta Knight, King Dedede, Knuckle Joe, and Waddle Dee, any suggestions?
Already being considered: Gooey, Prince Fluff, Galacta Knight, Daroach, Magolor.

D

Deleted member

Welp, as expected, Yoshi didn't garner that much suggestion, so moving on to Kirby.

Aside from Kirby, Meta Knight, King Dedede, Knuckle Joe, and Waddle Dee, any suggestions?
Already being considered: Gooey, Prince Fluff, Galacta Knight, Daroach, Magolor.
Mmmm, how about Kirby variations?

Dunno, the only Kirby games I liked are the Gimmicky DS ones like Canvas Curse and Mass Attack. So, Mass Attack Kirby maybe? It's not a series I really know so...

D

Deleted member

Eh, the only variation I can see really working is Yarn Kirby. But then again, if I add Yarn Kirby, I kind of have to add Yarn Yoshi out of fairness.

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Have you considered adding Dark Matter? Other than that, yeah, you hit just about everyone with a chance/that is notable.

D

Deleted member

Ah, Dark Matter. Forgot about that.
I guess Nightmare too, since he was Kirby's first true villain, was made by Sakurai, and was the main villain of the anime.

D

Deleted member

I've given Kirby enough time, so it's time for everyone's favorite series of space furries, Star Fox.
Fox, Falco, Wolf, Krystal, and Slippy are already locked, and the Consideration List consists of Peppy, Leon, and Panther.
...not really sure if there's anyone else worth adding to the chart. Possibly Katt or Dash, maybe. Andrew?

Top Bottom