• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Smash 64 1v1 Tournament Bracket Updates CHECK NOW*

UNKN{OWN}iXi

Smash Journeyman
*Bracket Updates*

Click to Enlarge image on the right - http://ixigaming.net/archives/291

These are the most recent brackets. If you're not eliminated yet, you have to finish your matches as soon as possible. Whoever is not around tomorrow to do their matches will be DQ'ed.

***Note***
-----The tournament matches will continue into tomorrow and possibly Tuesday for the semifinals/finals. If you currently need to do your matches, make sure you are on kaillera as soon as possible and even post an available time of when you will be on in this thread.

*Note* - If you don't put your information at least in here (for those who haven't already registered), you will not be considered in the tournament.

Rules:

• Double Elimination
  • Best of 3 advances, semifinals+ best of 5
  • 5 stocks
  • No items
  • No cheats except Have All Characters and Have Mushroom Kingdom
  • Winner must post the results of the match in the following thread – TBA (will be created once the registration closes)

Stages:

• Hyrule Castle
  • Dreamland
  • Peach’s Castle
  • Congo Jungle

Extra Notes:

• First round stage must be agreed upon by both players before characters are chosen.
  • Loser of the first round chooses the stage first, then the winner chooses a character and the loser can slob pick. Continued for later rounds.
  • A mutual server or P2P are both allowed. Both players must agree on which is chosen.
  • Recording is allowed as long as it does not cause a drastic drop in FPS.
  • A constant rate of 57-60 FPS must be maintained throughout the match. Constant spikes or excessive lag will forfeit your match.

People Eligible to Record/Stream as 3rd Parties:

• Fireblaster
  • SeanxFayt
  • *message UNKNOWN iXi if you can do so without lagging*

Desyncs:

• A maximum of 3 desyncs are allowed during each round.
  • Upon match restart, the proper stocks must be matched before the desync occurred.
  • Regarding health, below 50% restarts at 0%. Between 50% and 150% the health must be regained before the match starts officially. This is done by one person hitting the other, then once the proper health is achieved both players must move to opposite ends of the map, then begin off a countdown. Any health above 150% loses the stock IF you are the one who desynced, otherwise it must also be regained.

Prizes:

TBA (Probably something like $10 idk or make a reasonable suggestion when you register)

Date:

TBA (Make a suggestion when you register)

• If interested, PM me for details on how to register or with any questions

Registration Details:

1. Your name.
2. AIM, MSN and/or e-mail. At least AIM or MSN are required.
3. Recording, streaming, both or none.
4. Server suggestions or P2P.
5. Suggestions in general, such as date/time for tourney.

*Note* - Although I'm allowing initial registrations on this website, people still should PM me for details on how this tournament is going to happen.

-UNKNOWN iXi

List of Tournament Entries:

1. Fireblaster
  2. Novakane
  3. A$
  4. Smakis
  5. KoRoBeNiKi
  6. Smasherx74
  7. Zero
  8. razz
  9. chansimba
  10. Q!
  11. Mahie
  12. Killer
  13. Lain
  14. NixxxoN
  15. smelly cat
  16. Lawrencelot
  17. Smash God
  18. PD
  19. Yoshiking
  20. Agony
  21. Mintograde
  22. ECartman
  23. ImNotPro
  24. Thino
  25. Moocow007
  26. SuPeRbOoMfAn
  27. Firo
  28. Jel
  29. MarioReincarnate
  30. Kabal
  31. YBOMBB
  32. Asylum
  33. SheerMadness
  34. BleachMan!
  35. Camus
  36. Loto

*Additional Notes/Updates*
  1. The tournament will most likely begin this Thursday, continuing on through Sunday.
  2. For each first match in a series, everyone must tell me their starting character in private to avoid arguments regarding slob picks.

UNKN{OWN}iXi

Smash Journeyman
You think it's because I want ONE post from people on the forums? Really? One post from each of you people on my forums is no use to me... That's not why I'm doing it that way. If you further wish to continue this conversation you may PM me as I do not want to give a certain "mod" a reason to close this thread.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
SSB64 section is not big enough and the competitive section has like 1 thread every month. Pointless section should be removed imo
Regardless, it is still in the wrong section. Not posting there only makes it more useless.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
PS - surri... Your memory is incorrect. 60+ people were in my last tournament and it went very well. Stop hating...
60+ people?
SSB64 tournament?
Kaillera community?
Went well?

I honestly can't believe that without proof. The kaillera community isn't that big and it's a very terrible community. I don't see how 60+ people attended and I don't see how it could possibly go well. If I get proof, I'll believe it. But until then, no.

Skrlx

Smash Champion
60+ people?
SSB64 tournament?
Kaillera community?
Went well?

I honestly can't believe that without proof. The kaillera community isn't that big and it's a very terrible community. I don't see how 60+ people attended and I don't see how it could possibly go well.
It seems like you have become one of those smash 64 veterans where all they do is what you have done above and more.

Stop lurking the 64 forums and stay over at the Brawl+ forums :mad:

UNKN{OWN}iXi

Smash Journeyman
I edited the original post regarding the registration details so everyone who wants to sign up check that out and post with the aforementioned information.

UNKN{OWN}iXi

Smash Journeyman
How about people just post it here so I don't have to go around looking for it? 10 secs for them to type it or way longer for me to find everyone.

Let's be a LITTLE reasonable here..........

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=219937

All the players are listed in alphabetical order. Saves everyone 10 secs to make a post that they already made elsewhere. The entire purpose of that thread was so that everyone's information was readily available for others (tourney organizers or ladder challengers) to see. Forcing people to post it here again ruins the point of the thread.

No need to go looking around for it.

If I have to do more work than I should just to enter an online tournament... then what's the point?

MattNF

Smash Lord

All the players are listed in alphabetical order. Saves everyone 10 secs to make a post that they already made elsewhere. The entire purpose of that thread was so that everyone's information was readily available for others (tourney organizers or ladder challengers) to see. Forcing people to post it here again ruins the point of the thread.

If I have to do more work than I should just to enter an online tournament... then what's the point?
The TO has to make brackets, organize everything, make sure people did their matches, etc.

The least you can do is take 5 seconds to post your info

Zantetsu

Smash Master
It seems like you have become one of those smash 64 veterans where all they do is what you have done above and more.

Stop lurking the 64 forums and stay over at the Brawl+ forums :mad:
I haven't played Brawl+ since around June or early July, so I don't know why you're telling me to head back to the + forums. I still play 64, I just go under a different name to avoid old bull**** with other people, even though tons of the people on kaillera know who I am anyway.

And what exactly do you mean by "What you have done above and more"? Is it that I complain about the community? If that's it, then yes, I've been doing that and I'll continue to do that. I'm not breaking any of the rules and you can't do anything about it so get used to it. If you don't like it, tough.

UNKN{OWN}iXi

Smash Journeyman
Thank you Lawrence for doing the right thing :lick:

Anyone else who wants in the tourney and hasn't already posted the information I asked, do so now.

PS - Thanks Matt for the back-up. Many people neglect to see these things... What would take them a few seconds would take me longer, especially since I'm asking for suggestions for a few things.

Skrlx

Smash Champion
I'm not breaking any of the rules and you can't do anything about it so get used to it. If you don't like it, tough.
hahaha I never mentioned anything about breaking rules.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC

That was made mainly for the ladder. And the Compendium was made for individual players to find people to play on their own. 10 seconds isn't much to ask for. Like Matt said the tournament organizer has enough to do already. It's unnecessary to have him look up the information himself. I've never seen any tournament done that way.

Skrlx

Smash Champion
cool story near, perhaps you should read what roman said again
+ gj on wasting ur 1000th post on such a ******** reply
Cool story, zenbore. Perhaps I don't give a crap cause I was originally joking but Zant took it all seriously. + gj on trying to take a shot on dissing THE GREAT NEAR.

anyways, I can't attend this.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Cool story, zenbore. Perhaps I don't give a crap cause I was originally joking but Zant took it all seriously. + gj on trying to take a shot on dissing THE GREAT NEAR.

anyways, I can't attend this.
I take everything seriously
I'm a serious person
The internet is serious business

Skrlx

Smash Champion
I take everything seriously
I'm a serious person
The internet is serious business
Yeah, apparently.

I remember reading the blog post or whatever it was... on AiB's contest t-shirt design where you posted a serious business post and made milktea mad lol.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
... uh... did I really post what I did last page?

Wow... I had a really bad day that day... and it definitely showed. I don't see why I was complaining for like 2 seconds of typing lol. Sorry UNKN{OWN}iXi for being mean... that is not like me... and I hope I don't do that again.

As for the info:

1. Blue Yoshi
2. MSN: roblegs@hotmail.com ... AIM: blueyoshissb
3. Sorry, no recording
4. Definitely prefer p2p, but will go on server if necessary.
5. Weekends work best.

Moocow007

Smash Ace
sure why not LOL

1. Moocow007
2. AIM - senor ignatius
3. Recording - don't care
4. don't know what's good anymore soo i don't care
5. any time

edit: post 500 yay

NixxxoN

Smash Master
re-edit: I think ssb64 competitive section is completely forgotten and this should havent be moved

Top Bottom