• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Smash 64 1v1 Tournament Bracket Updates CHECK NOW*

UNKN{OWN}iXi

Smash Journeyman
Woah... Going overboard again Blue Yoshi? That's obviously not a scam or anything wrong... It's purely for organizing purposes and yes, I have sent just about that same message to everyone. In fact, one of the main reasons I did that was to help you guys out since taking 5 secs out of your lives was too rough. I think you have some underlying emotional issues in your life that you clearly seem to translate to your posts.

And by the way, you gave me permission to post your info which is umm, sorry to break it to you, what a tournament is all about... Also, even if what you are saying is true that you do not want anyone to know your e-mail/msn name, then why post it in that compendium thread right here - http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=238744 - The contact info isn't JUST for me, otherwise what would be the point of having you post it here like everyone else?

Answer: So you and whoever you're matched up against can hopefully negate the middle man (Me) and find a common time to play during the designated tournament days.

Conclusion:
--You're overreacting again. You have issues man... :dizzy:

UNKN{OWN}iXi

Smash Journeyman
I'm thinking of starting the tourney on Thursday and continuing it throughout the weekend just in case for any time complications. I'm going to decide by most likely the end of today.

*Note* - The way I decided I will always do the first matches is by everyone telling me their characters so there are no arguments on slob picking. Before you start your match, you tell me your player and you have to stick to it. I will explain this more if you have any questions.

DMoogle

A$
Hyrule > Dreamland, IMO.

I'd say go by the competitive rules and just do random (with a re-roll if a banned stage is picked), but I'm 80% sure that random stage doesn't sync online. CPU players don't either.

UNKN{OWN}iXi

Smash Journeyman
Oh maybe I should've described what I meant by random.

The first level will be chosen at random by me. I wrote the maps on papers and I'm going to put them in a hat and pick one out. Whichever I pick out will be the first map played so it's more fair.

Any other suggestions I'll listen to, but as of now I figured that would be the best choice. Any others ideas?

NixxxoN

Smash Master
random first level, lol?
I thought the competitive rule was to do the 1st match on Hyrule, or any stage if both players agree.

UNKN{OWN}iXi

Smash Journeyman
Well the first option would be for them to agree upon a stage, if not then I will choose it at random. This is because say one person doesn't want to play on any stage other than Hyrule, only ONE person has to disagree in order to get Hyrule, screwing over the 1 person who didn't want to start off with Hyrule. Know what I mean?

UNKN{OWN}iXi

Smash Journeyman
Rule for First Rounds Stage Selection:

If both players do NOT agree upon a stage, I will choose one randomly.

Lawrencelot

Smash Lord
What about stage striking? That's the fairest option. You'd have to include Saffron City though, or remove one allowed stage (though 5 stages are better for stage striking).

Edit: Oh wait why am I posting here... I just noticed I can't participate as I'll be away for the weekend. I have the whole Thursday evening to play and Sunday afternoon+evening but I'm away Friday and Saturday. If you think this is no problem then I'll just participate, else I'm out.

D

Deleted member

some idiot mod (suprisingly not Surri) just removed my posts for minor spam even though it's obvious what I meant

anyways I believe that the first stage should be either dreamland or hyrule and if both players can't agree you should pick randomly between those 2 because they are the most "neutral"

UNKN{OWN}iXi

Smash Journeyman
What about stage striking? That's the fairest option. You'd have to include Saffron City though, or remove one allowed stage (though 5 stages are better for stage striking).

Edit: Oh wait why am I posting here... I just noticed I can't participate as I'll be away for the weekend. I have the whole Thursday evening to play and Sunday afternoon+evening but I'm away Friday and Saturday. If you think this is no problem then I'll just participate, else I'm out.
I don't see that being a large problem as long as your opponent/s can begin Thursday night as well. I think I'm going to do the brackets soon so refer back for further updates

XxSupersmasherxX

Smash Rookie
Sign me up...ill take it on thursday and friday. saturday will have to be planned out though...

Name:XxSupersmasherxX
Not recording
no p2p for now
thursday and friday are the best for me.

Kaillera God's weapon server

Pav7300

Smash Apprentice
1. Your name.
2. AIM, MSN and/or e-mail. At least AIM or MSN are required.
3. Recording, streaming, both or none.
4. Server suggestions or P2P.
5. Suggestions in general, such as date/time for tourney.

1. {TSPC} Cartman
2. Pav7300 - aim
3. Don't care.
4. P2P
5. Any time during the evenings except on Mondays and Fridays.

beaves

Smash Rookie
Can I still sign up? I know im the best here. Please e-mail me @ b3aves@hotmail.com do I have to have SSB64 loaded? I have a controller/N64 converter but it seems that I bought it from a Chinese website and it's locking up every second so it's pretty unpredictable to play. I wish there was a Local tournament for this. Because I can beat anyone and everyone at anytime.

Skrlx

Smash Champion
i'm pretty sure my server will move to nyc sometime today so you can have it there

XxSupersmasherxX

Smash Rookie
i just checked the brackets....not alot of people are going anymore so it's bye for them. I hope i can stand a chance to you guys. Good luck everyone!

UNKN{OWN}iXi

Smash Journeyman
For those who wanted to join the tournament last-minute, check your private messages.

EGX is back up 69.90.34.245:27888

Top Bottom