• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 64 Video thread

The Star King

Smash Hero
Exactly my point Tambor - if the hitbox is in the area of where the shield will appear, above Yoshi's crouch, then you make the shield appear INTO the opponent's hitbox, so that you automatically parry when you shield. Kind of hard to describe in words.

dandan

Smash Lord
apparently i knew that guy seeing i have commented on one of his vids :p
don't really remember it though.

rpotts

Smash Lord
yea i've seen most(all?) of his vids before, he's got some creative combos. Too bad japanese combos don't always carry over to NTSC

D

Deleted member

Removed by Moderator

Last edited by a moderator:

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
I added this guy's channel because WTF HOW HAVE I NOT SEEN THESE BEFORE TODAY.

You should all watch these combos.
ive seen this guy.

Also, why would the combos be easier outside of there being less DI. it is not like the cpu's DI in training mode.

If anything European smash might be easier to do the combos due to the different "frame"work.

hamburglar

Smash Journeyman
ive seen this guy.

Also, why would the combos be easier outside of there being less DI. it is not like the cpu's DI in training mode.

If anything European smash might be easier to do the combos due to the different "frame"work.
there is different knockback and hitlag so it is easier to uair combo with a bunch of characters.

rpotts

Smash Lord
there is different knockback and hitlag so it is easier to uair combo with a bunch of characters.
It's just what people are used to. Longer hitlag in U gives you more time to anticipate z-cancels n stuff, although it sometimes feels so slow during drills that I mess up. I don't think theres any real reason that it would be easier to uair combo. Maybe falcons higher jumps could help in some cases but, I think it's just whatever people are accustomed to.

dandan

Smash Lord
i think you can start the second uair after the first hits sooner, iirc.

hamburglar

Smash Journeyman
It's just what people are used to. Longer hitlag in U gives you more time to anticipate z-cancels n stuff, although it sometimes feels so slow during drills that I mess up. I don't think theres any real reason that it would be easier to uair combo. Maybe falcons higher jumps could help in some cases but, I think it's just whatever people are accustomed to.
when there is less knockback from an attack it makes it easier for the attacker to follow up with another attack (in this situation, chain uairs)

rpotts

Smash Lord
when there is less knockback from an attack it makes it easier for the attacker to follow up with another attack (in this situation, chain uairs)
uhhh, which chars uairs have lower knockback?? And that only makes sense at medium-high %, at low damage you need more knockback to keep from giving the player a tech. It's not that simple and straighforward.

i think you can start the second uair after the first hits sooner, iirc.
but, doesn't hitlag coincide with freezeframes? IE when hitlag ends the other chars freeze frames (DI window) end and hitstun starts. I don't see why the amount of hitlag would change the combo potential other than preference. I could definitely be wrong, I haven't extensively played the JP version so, please feel free to prove me wrong. :)

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
Yes, at the time i made that vid..many new "flashy" vids where coming out ..like Princes and AlanCitu's...thus when i made my video i wanted to make one showing the fundamental combos... relativity easy (compared to the flashy ones seen in other vids) but most of my combos are actually applicable to real game scenarios (at least far more so then the flashy combos)

NixxxoN

Smash Master
how did that fair-> uair not break the combo? i thought falcon hit the ground and could tech away

Top Bottom