• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 64 Video thread

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Tambor is correct.

Still not sure of you can break shields with stale nairs, it seems pretty freakin' hard.
It might be possible since people since people usually do not escape these types of shield breakers in the few frames they can.

Can anyone check if a stale n-air Shield break combo can be done if it is frame perfect?

SSBPete

Smash Lord
That means you don't do it fast enough.
i mean when i mess up the timing after my first nair, they often still have their shield on.

Letting go of the shield when it's getting pressured/broken is the worst thing you can do. It's easier to break a shield if the other person released z, because it adds some frames of "shield-releasing" where you can still hit the shield. Shieldjumping, rolling, upb or upsmash out of shield are your best options.
i ment they try to escape shield pressure after the 2nd nair hits

Darth Rancorous

Smash Ace
those were some epic matches ballin, ggs.

haha, we pretty much had a 12-character battle that day

and one of these days, ill beat ur fox with samus :p

ballin4life

Smash Hero
I still have a bunch more videos where you're samus but I need to change the video file format and edit them.

So for now I'm uploading the ones where we play random characters.

Darth Rancorous

Smash Ace
i dont think my samus beat your fox a single match that day. i came close a few times, but i would just choke up towards the end, no homo.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Pretty boss matches. I'm going to watch them all, that's how much I love you guys.

edit: I like how the only one that clocks in under 4:00 is the jigglypuff dittos.

SS3 Chaos

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Presid3nt_Khaos
Pretty impressive stuff. Too bad this isnt the old days where it mattered. I wish you guys existed back in the day when I was on it. We wouldve had some great fights. O well....there's always brawl lol.

Untrust Us

Smash Journeyman
Pretty impressive stuff. Too bad this isnt the old days where it mattered. I wish you guys existed back in the day when I was on it. We wouldve had some great fights. O well....there's always brawl lol.
...RUN!

maybe

Darth Rancorous

Smash Ace
due to my respect for the smash 64 boards and blue yoshi as a mod, im not even gonna get into it...

SS3 Chaos

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Presid3nt_Khaos
I thought I'd come in here to say that in no way shape or form do I think this game is dead in any way. I was just speaking my mind because I am not afraid to do so. There are very good players on this game too bad I dont have the game anymore.

Darth Rancorous

Smash Ace
well, u did say things like "Too bad this isnt the old days where it mattered" and "O well....there's always brawl lol." and these statements disagree with what ur sayin now. hey man, i just call it like i see it

Uzima (Uzi)

Smash Lord
it seems you love kamikaze kills
and nice ledge DI
when you play people not as good as you by a wide margin, you have fun anyway you can lol.

and suicide kills get the biggest reaction out of the person you do it too.

i didnt know you could hit the ledge 2 times in one attack untill i watched my falcon v pika in slow motion lol

NixxxoN

Smash Master
and suicide kills get the biggest reaction out of the person you do it too.
I dont like them. It makes the game so boring, it prevents people from actually playing and having fun. You can get 1 stock off from the opponent, and try to suicide kill the rest, what a bore for both you and the opponent u.U

Mahie

Smash Lord
Well there is always the risk that you just suicide yourself without getting the kill, so it's not that easy.

dandan

Smash Lord
also, if you do not get hit, your opponent cannot sd kill you. otherwise everyone could beat everyone after the first stock and you know that is not the case.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
Yes i know there is risk, but Im pretty sure that in certain matchups, there are some very reliable ways to get suicide kills, a good example is "throw out and spike to the bottom" style

TANK64

Smash Lord
bairing (and shining) people to hell with fox works on good people.

(We aren't talking about pika are we?)

Edit: don't hurt me fire...*shaking*

Edit: *hugs*

Fireblaster

Smash Lord
It doesn't send you nearly as far as his other moves and if it IS used as a "suicide move" that was necessary to edgeguard the opponent, then it means you're probably still within range of recovering. Pointless move for suiciding, bair is much better.

Top Bottom