• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Brawl UK Social Thread

Teh-Shlurpie

Smash Journeyman
Kmac you would be correct about jiggly fair. it is her best move.... unfortunately it is her only semi reliable kill move so bair will have to do :p

Kmac you would be correct about jiggly fair. it is her best move.... unfortunately it is her only semi reliable kill move so bair will have to do :p
For lord's sake fair is not her best move. It's her best spacing tool outside of Pound (which isn't a tool for spacing, but rather to BE spaced). You can't say it's her best move or aerial, because I'd like to argue that Bair and/or Nair are just as useful.

And Silva.... ;____;. I thought we had something special.

But in order to plan certain things, you would need people to actually confirm they were going to show up, correct?

rough translation: ill sound like i plan on going but in actual fact ill never get it sorted and end up not going

dude im gonna need to get attendance relatively high for this to not cost me a bomb, look into it srs
i jsut assume that a certain amount of people will show up, if i make a loss, i make a loss and hope for more next time
I'm very very confused now. Are you actually concerned about your turn out or not? I strongly advise you get some names down in advance. Have a list like tournaments do where there are people who are confirmed, waiting for replys and such and so on.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
well its got to be confirmed tbh
i am worried about turnout, but not for my wallets sake, more for the scene sake, as i noticed people are gradually dissapearing

K.Mac

Smash Lord
Hey, I didn't say you can't be Lelouch.

I just said I don't like the artwork.

Can't a guy say his opinion any more? D':

B.Mack

Smash Ace
**** the what? rollout is jiggs most punishable move? I know thats such bull****. Rollout punishes landing like a bawse. Also, upB and downB are so much more punishable. 2 sideB's will break almost any character's shield, I wouldnt advise shielding it. the hitbox stays out so ****ing long that if you dont time your spotdodge right, its still gonna hit. sideB will clank out almost any projectile AND maintain the hitbox afterwards while you flounder in your throw lag? SideB knocks you upwards, sets you up for a juggle above a character that has 6 jumps. good luck.
if Jiggs fullhops into a pound or does a rising pound, she can follow up with any aerial, or jump, or buffer any attack out of an airdodge to the ground. or she can just do a falling pound into utilt and juggle from there.
rollout is a ****ing reliable killmove. if jiggs is charging a rollout on FD, you have no platforms to run away to. Not saying its a guaranteed hit, but its way more dangerous.
fair is in Jiggs' top 3 moves, but I would say sideB is better. bair would probably be her 3rd best move IMO.

GET THE EFF OFF MY NEW MAIN.

Before I begin to disect your post. I want you to know that I actually have the most amazing Jigglypuff in existance.

**** the what? rollout is jiggs most punishable move? I know thats such bull****.
It has priority that is lower then Luigi's fireballs. Turn away from her when the rollout comes towards you, shield and grab. Free punish. Do literally anything OoS when she hits you with rollout, she'll get punished for it.

Rollout punishes landing like a bawse. Also, upB and downB are so much more punishable.
If they miss, yes, they are far more punishable. Sing is only used on the ledge to expand Jigglypuff's ledge grab size (which is already large, sing makes it enormous) and Rest is only going to be used if the player KNOWS it will land. There are two guaranteed ways to rest somebody, the first obviously being the trip from drill, the second being a footstool on Wario or Yoshi when grounded.

2 sideB's will break almost any character's shield, I wouldnt advise shielding it. the hitbox stays out so ****ing long that if you dont time your spotdodge right, its still gonna hit. sideB will clank out almost any projectile AND maintain the hitbox afterwards while you flounder in your throw lag? SideB knocks you upwards, sets you up for a juggle above a character that has 6 jumps. good luck.
You realise that you can actually like, grab OoS and stuff right? When correctly spaced on a shield, pound isn't punishable with SOME members of the cast, most of them can punish with aerials OoS. Yes, pound can deminish shields to a disgusting extent, I believe it will take three successful pounds to break an average shield.

if Jiggs fullhops into a pound or does a rising pound, she can follow up with any aerial, or jump, or buffer any attack out of an airdodge to the ground. or she can just do a falling pound into utilt and juggle from there.
That's somewhat true, dependant on the character. If Jigglypuff rising pounds you can pull off the KJ combo
It used to be Zelda's dtilt to utilt but nobody wants to believe that I made that combo
(Rising pound, falling uair, utilt) for a free 30% or so, that's guaranteed on some of the cast. Rising pound to falling uair will always land if the pound isn't SDI'ed. Also falling pound to utilt doesnt work at lower percentages.

rollout is a ****ing reliable killmove. if jiggs is charging a rollout on FD, you have no platforms to run away to. Not saying its a guaranteed hit, but its way more dangerous.
No it isn't. Just jump over rollout if your shield is low. Seriously, just jump, she'll go speeding past you, is she coming back for you? Oh looky, you have a SECOND JUMP :O!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Oh again you say? Well Jigglypuff's speed from turning in rollout gives you enough time to drop down and jump up again. BLASPHEMY.

fair is in Jiggs' top 3 moves, but I would say sideB is better. bair would probably be her 3rd best move IMO.
Each move does a different job. Fair is a killer/spacer/w.e. Pound is pound. Bair is lol bair.

No.

Oh and KMac, you're insulting the artist, you are therefore saying that Lelouch isn't the most amazing person alive. I would therefore like you to leave.

Teh-Shlurpie

Smash Journeyman
**** the what? rollout is jiggs most punishable move? I know thats such bull****. Rollout punishes landing like a bawse. Also, upB and downB are so much more punishable. 2 sideB's will break almost any character's shield, I wouldnt advise shielding it. the hitbox stays out so ****ing long that if you dont time your spotdodge right, its still gonna hit. sideB will clank out almost any projectile AND maintain the hitbox afterwards while you flounder in your throw lag? SideB knocks you upwards, sets you up for a juggle above a character that has 6 jumps. good luck.

ooooook....
with rollouts disgustingly low priority people can normally hit you with an aerial before you will land a rollout on them, yes its a punishing tool but it is rather unreliable in the respect of landing it

you wouldnt advise shielding pound? unless you have donkey kongs sheild, you are safe to shield pound once or twice and punish, and has the thought of a power shield occured to you? after your side b has been power shielded, oh look a big enemy balloon above my head that dies at like 80% :glare:

rollout is a disgusting kill move, theres these things attached to characters bodies called legs. they allow them to jump, jumping thwarts your rollout plans. i pretty much agree with everything KJ says about rollout

as for jigglies other B moves kj explained them well enough

B.Mack

Smash Ace
oh my gosh, can everyone get off KJ's ballsack for half a second?
pretty much every move in the game is punishable.
yes, you can jump over a rollout, but Jiggs can cover the entire length of FD in 41 frames with Rollout, you never know when jiggs is gonna start zooming past, and if you jump too early, she will undoubtably get you on your landing(unless ur Wario, bcos u can just bite) if you jump as soon as Jiggs sets off, one of the fastest jumpsquats is Diddy, takes him 5 frames to actually LEAVE the ground. factor in your own reaction time, if you are half an FD's distance away, jiggs will get to you in about 20 frames. the 2 frames it takes for rollout to release dont factor in as you wont see it.

so if you are diddy, 20 frames until jiggs gets to you. 5 frames ur stuck on the ground, it would take maybe another 5 frames or so for you to gain enough height to be out of range of rollout. you have 10 frames to react. if you notice it right at the perfect time. not to mention people getting panicky and just jumping out of the way before jiggs moves. or jiggs coming at you before you can prime yourself to perfect shield or whatever. The truth is just that rollout isnt as horrible a move as people make it out to be.

you cant shieldgrab unless you turn around to shield. if you turn around to shield, jiggs can catch you while ur setting that up with no shield. Perfect shielding is perfect punishment against a rollout, but you can make that argument against any move.
you guys just need to stop with the damn hate crimes.

the priority is ****, i totally agree with that. doesnt mean it's a worthless move. its an amazing punish move, you can charge it infinitely and you can release it anywhere on a flat stage to hit your opponent, comes out in 2 frames after charge, does a ****load of shield damage, not as easy to shieldgrab in a REAL match as KJ makes it out.
Shielding pound is all good and well. but if you dont punish OoS immediately, I wouldnt advise shield as you're go-to option against pound.

K.Mac

Smash Lord

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
I haven't read anything that has been said about Jiggz btw.

Also K.Mac Zss's jab is punished by Marths Upb and some other moves in the game.

Teh-Shlurpie

Smash Journeyman
BMack the truth is. Jiggly IS as bad as everyone has proven she is. very bad, i used to have the same views you can ask anyone but eventually you have to accept. low tiers are bad for a reason.

The_Rake

Smash Lord
BMack the truth is. Jiggly IS as bad as everyone has proven she is. very bad, i used to have the same views you can ask anyone but eventually you have to accept. low tiers are bad for a reason.
lol yea, a couple months ago you were saying all this xd then you changed your tune after andys fest. =P

The roll out shield break was the greatest moment ever tho

B.Mack

Smash Ace
I never said jiggs wasn't a bad character. All I said is that rollout in particular is heavily underrated.

Grabbing the edge and waiting is irrelevant if you don't have the lead.

Zss's jab is stupidly punishable. Just hold shield and you can grab on the 3rd hit. Every single move is punishable. Even Shuttleloop, dsmash, etc. It's about how easy it is to punish and the extent of the cast that can punish a certain move.

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
Rollout sux, unless the opponent attemps to punish it from a distance. All you have to do is simply stand on a platform and wait, or make your way to your opponent on the platforms.

I guess its not BAD, but its pretty useless offensive wise.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
bmacks, unless youre fighting a kid with down symdrome (or me) rollout should never hit, every projectile in the game stops it and (almost) every attack beats it, pretty much every character can do something to beat it...even ganon!
also im not riding kj's meat, its just that he's correct in this sense

Top Bottom