• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Brawl UK Social Thread

The_Rake

Smash Lord
Oblivion is a sick game, i had so much hype when my friend lent it to me but honestly it just didnt grab me, its a great game, looks amazing, plays well but i just couldnt get into it :(

K.Mac

Smash Lord
I don't know what you're warning me about GP, I'm terrible at fps games xD

as in, I played campaign co-op with a friend ... and died on the first mission.

herp derp <__>

Going out of that topic for the moment.

Have any of you guys got this flu thats going round? I feel shocking ;___;

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Going out of that topic for the moment.

Have any of you guys got this flu thats going round? I feel shocking ;___;
ive just finished having it, of course i would feel better as soon as college starts up
still, not up to it though, am gonna go back tomorrow

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Lmao, there's been two similar groups before that one.
I wouldn't see it as a reason to hate all other Ike mains. Extreme much?

Also, happy new year everyone. <3
ah, you added 'all' be yourself, i didnt say that, i just hate it when people act like maining a certain character is such a big exclusive group which you have to go through gruelling trials to becoem a part of
i mean come on, seriously?

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Oops, my bad.
But that's not the way it works. You shouldn't jump to conclusions. There is no 'grueling trial'.
ive talked to them, theyve got it in their heads that its some kind of tribal warfare thing, all of my rage, all of it

B.Mack

Smash Ace
Ike is the most advanced character in the entire game, do you have any idea how hard it is to jab? :E

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Ike is the most advanced character in the entire game, do you have any idea how hard it is to jab? :E
although i know that was an intended dig at me, i thought the exact same thing when i talked to these people
the most advanced character in the game is diddy, hands down. the amount of bull**** theyve come up with to make banana's work is rediculous

I personally think the most "advanced" character is Ganon or Yoshi. Tbh though, most character boards have that whole "tribe" thing. I know that the Ganons do especially. They reject people really badly xD!!!

B.Mack

Smash Ace
I don't think Diddy is the most advanced... Not yet at least(not until people start to use naner locks effectively). Most advanced in my books would probably be... Well noone actually... Every character has their own advanced ****. Although I've always thought pro Yoshi was crazy. I guess ICs would have to be up there too, what with desyncs, CGs and the like. Perhaps Marth to some extent because of spacing, tippers, grab releases, buffering ****.
I think D3 and MK are among the simplest chars... D3 is a one-trick-pony as far as I'm concerned.

Offtopic: I'm on the plane now, flying my way back to England... Gonna sneak my Wii to Birmingham for the next couple weeks ;)

Damix91

Smash Journeyman
I don't think Diddy is the most advanced... Not yet at least(not until people start to use naner locks effectively). Most advanced in my books would probably be... Well noone actually... Every character has their own advanced ****. Although I've always thought pro Yoshi was crazy. I guess ICs would have to be up there too, what with desyncs, CGs and the like. Perhaps Marth to some extent because of spacing, tippers, grab releases, buffering ****.
I think D3 and MK are among the simplest chars... D3 is a one-trick-pony as far as I'm concerned.

Offtopic: I'm on the plane now, flying my way back to England... Gonna sneak my Wii to Birmingham for the next couple weeks ;)
Lots of those things apply to all characters. grab releases arent harder than following up regular throws. Buffering is universal as is good spacing ( just marth gets a greater reward for it because of his tipper). Lots of characters have CG's and once learned are easy ways to rack up damage. Everyone needs to learn Glide-Tossing, eveyone should learn the nana locks as everyone can do it on Diddy.

The most advanced characters are people like Bowser and Ike who have to use and mindgame people into their extremely limited options.

The most advanced characters are people like Ganon who have to use and mindgame people into their extremely limited options.
Fixed for accuracy. Ganon is literally everything you described and more. Bowser and Ike have FAR more tools at their disposal then Ganon.

K.Mac

Smash Lord
I personally think the most "advanced" character is Ganon or Yoshi. Tbh though, most character boards have that whole "tribe" thing. I know that the Ganons do especially. They reject people really badly xD!!!
You do have to respect anyone who puts their future ability to do anything with their hands on the line in order to do yoshi's wavedash ... it's up there with playing Street Fighter.

:/

Heartstring

Smash Legend
errr...no they don't, you forget im on their a lot unless of course im cool enough to be part of the ganon's...

B.Mack

Smash Ace
Ahh, you see guys, playing smart(like Ganon is forced to) doesn't always have to be difficult, neither does it make the character "advanced"
How advanced a character is (by my understanding) is defined by how great the difference is between the character being played casually and the character being played with the use of ATs which pertain specifically to that character, as well as the level of difficulty involved in the correct use of these ATs.

ICs trying to get a grab isn't about the char being difficult or advanced, but more about the requirement to play SMART in order to get those grabs. The advanced part of ICs is learning the CGs, advancing blizzard, etc
That's why I didn't cite someone like Wario as an advanced character. The most advanced thing we have is buffered turnaround dthrow CGs and those aren't even hard to do lol. Playing "smart" is a huge part of Wario's game though. Avoiding grabs, ensuring you hit with a move you can only use 3 or 4 times per match... Proper spacing and wiggling... Stuff like that.
Koopa-hopping with Bowser is actually really really easy to do so... Yeah.
Ike doesn't have much ADVANCED stuff. Just a really good jab and amazing range but he has to play smart to utilize them.
Flaco seems fairly advanced too I would think...

Tl;dr - I just landed at Heathrow and for some reason I feel VERY smash deprived.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Ahh, you see guys, playing smart(like Ganon is forced to) doesn't always have to be difficult, neither does it make the character "advanced"
How advanced a character is (by my understanding) is defined by how great the difference is between the character being played casually and the character being played with the use of ATs which pertain specifically to that character, as well as the level of difficulty involved in the correct use of these ATs.

ICs trying to get a grab isn't about the char being difficult or advanced, but more about the requirement to play SMART in order to get those grabs. The advanced part of ICs is learning the CGs, advancing blizzard, etc
That's why I didn't cite someone like Wario as an advanced character. The most advanced thing we have is buffered turnaround dthrow CGs and those aren't even hard to do lol. Playing "smart" is a huge part of Wario's game though. Avoiding grabs, ensuring you hit with a move you can only use 3 or 4 times per match... Proper spacing and wiggling... Stuff like that.
Koopa-hopping with Bowser is actually really really easy to do so... Yeah.
Ike doesn't have much ADVANCED stuff. Just a really good jab and amazing range but he has to play smart to utilize them.
Flaco seems fairly advanced too I would think...

Tl;dr - I just landed at Heathrow and for some reason I feel VERY smash deprived.
there isnt realyl a definition for 'advanced' in terms of smash as far as i know, apart from perhaps 'most new stuff for their metagame' in which case to actually play ganon to any kind of standard you have to know all these tiny little tricks which they do to make him almost viable, and they have tons of little things...i mean millions

Calzorz

Smash Lord
yea but im actually serious you try pick up snake to others chars an you will get beat soo hard compared to ur others chars

I did forget about PT if I'm perfectly honest. Ahh well enough of this topic, everybody is always going to have split opinions on this.

Do you guys use X or Y to jump? (GC users)

Oh and for lovers of anime: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGlP_VKWmQw

I watched it a few weeks back, it's really interesting if you're into psychological anime.

Top Bottom