• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Brawl UK Social Thread

Teh-Shlurpie

Smash Journeyman
yes cloysters typing sucks. i agree. im just using it because smogon***s rage at the site of it.
also, give e-vire a balloon. and he has no weaknesses. something choiced into a ground move is forced to switch. giving either a free hit or a free setup. might want to consider using that.

as for ice types. why no mamoswine mention?
i think balloons will be extremely situational as they require a good read on your opponent or good switch play to avoid losing it

Ice is like the worst typing ever, especially for part-water types.

Cloyster will only ever be good again once skarmory has a sudden attack of amnesia and forgets how to lay spikes+stealth rock and half the sweepers in the game get neutered.
This this a thousand times this.

Mamoswine's STAB doesn't make up for the fact that it's slow. It's movepool is also not stellar either.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
This this a thousand times this.

Mamoswine's STAB doesn't make up for the fact that it's slow. It's movepool is also not stellar either.
well yeah its a little slow, still theres always the choice scarf option.
ice is disgraceful as a typing, defensively it only resists itself and has like, 5 weaknesses uncluding to stealth rock and all that crap. really it should be resistant to water and grass or at least some resistances XD

as for balloon, i meant if you notice somethnig which is obviously choiced into a ground move you can bring it in. also with a balloon its immune to both ground and electric. also entry hazards and status moves dont pop the balloon, only direct attacks, so iuf you expect something to use a status (like some kind of tank, or a skarmory mainly)

Teh-Shlurpie

Smash Journeyman
well yeah its a little slow, still theres always the choice scarf option.
ice is disgraceful as a typing, defensively it only resists itself and has like, 5 weaknesses uncluding to stealth rock and all that crap. really it should be resistant to water and grass or at least some resistances XD

as for balloon, i meant if you notice somethnig which is obviously choiced into a ground move you can bring it in. also with a balloon its immune to both ground and electric. also entry hazards and status moves dont pop the balloon, only direct attacks, so iuf you expect something to use a status (like some kind of tank, or a skarmory mainly)
Gives the holder immunity to Ground-type moves, but pops when the holder is attacked. Indirect damage will not pop the balloon, and neither will Ground-type moves used against the holder. The holder is also not affected by Spikes or Toxic Spikes. The balloon will not work if Gravity is in effect.

no electric immunity, unless you ment the pokemon holding it

B.Mack

Smash Ace
I still maintain that evire sucks. his speed sucks unless you get motor drive to work, which is just a dumb gimmick, and he cant sweep well enough to avoid the 87978655456678962 pokemon out there that are running earthquake. if you scarf him, he's just gonna get stuck in a dumb move and wont take out more than one poke. trust me I used to think he was good. now I know better.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Mack is terrible at Brawl.

Peace.
wise rookie XD

what i meant is that motor drive evire is immune to electricity, so hes immune to that and ground if he has a balloon.
ive seen many a heatran using a balloon. and i may attach one to my magnezone. the possible ground move read is worth the immunity. i would use balloon evire, that is if i ever found a reasoon to have it, id always choose magnezone over it, because its bulky enough not to need the speed, and stops most steel types dead

B.Mack

Smash Ace
I had no intention of hiding how mad Willz made me. I was helping him with his new account and he just started trolling me like he isnt in the palm of my hand.

B.Mack

Smash Ace
LOOOL, are you ****ing SERIOUS Willz? bahahahaha. dont make me get a screenshot.

EDIT: yesss, he's back on msn.

K.Mac

Smash Lord
so whats all the events + fee's going to be on the 5th for brawl?
The Calzorz has spoken.

I haven't been to a tourney in ****ing ages so I might actually be able to come along for this (money money mhmhmhmhmmmmm).

Not that I'm gonna win. lol4banter.

and which tourney? where? etc?

B.Mack

Smash Ace
why do you care Calz? ur still gonna make a profit.

Kmac, theres one on the 5th confirmed, but also very likely to be one on the 26th. I would advise you book your travel asap to reduce costs.

C.R.Z

Smash Lord
bmack is hosting on the friday to the sunday. we will all be going to the tourney on the sat together.

K.Mac

Smash Lord
I'll talk to Calz about it tomorrow, find out who he's going with/how he's getting there/where he's being housed.

o_o

K.Mac

Smash Lord
This is a completely random post, but I'm genuinely curious about this. o_o

Alex, are you a furry? o_o;

Anyways more on-topic: isn't fuzzy hosting the 5th feb tourney? because b.mack's tourney is on the 25th or something o_o;

B.Mack

Smash Ace
I dont have a tourney in February... I'm just housing people across the weekends for the tournies.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
This is a completely random post, but I'm genuinely curious about this. o_o

Alex, are you a furry? o_o;

Anyways more on-topic: isn't fuzzy hosting the 5th feb tourney? because b.mack's tourney is on the 25th or something o_o;
Yeah, I am.

Top Bottom