• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros. Canon Tournament! (Mario Vs. ????) - 06/14/10

Samochan

Smash Master
I noticed a mistake on the first page. "Articuno will use Mind Reader, and Kyogre will use Sheer Cold, killing Fox and his Arwing." Mind reader affects only the user, so it would need to be Articuno using both moves, plus PT definitely needs to shield himself with a pokemon that has high defence unless he wants to get pwned by Fox from afar.

--

Well okay, Metaknight has a giant Battleship called Halberd that he can take into battle. Diddy has... um, rhinos, bananas? I dunno anything Diddy has that could demolish Halberd or defend against it's weaponry (it's a battleship you know). >_>

After reading some more about Meta... His Dimensional Cape let's him transcend space itself by wrapping himself in it and teleporting away and he can also transform it into his bat-like wings so he can fly and glide around. With his Galaxia sword, Meta can shoot out sword beams at full health and do standard sword moves like parry, slash and stabbing. Meta can also apparently summon giant tornadoes to send opponents to the air and do damage. And other things, like elemenal moves and these from Meta Knightmare Ultra (lolwhut) are mentioned:

* Meta Quick: Speeds up Meta Knight and his Helper.
* Heal: Fully heals Meta Knight and his Helper with the use of black magic.
* Summon Knight: Summons a Sword Knight or Blade Knight. Acts as a Helper. It should be noted that Sword Knight can use an upwards thrust, but Blade Knight cannot.
* Mach Tornado: Functions similarly to Crash but does slightly more damage.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
^ The truth has finally been spoken.

PSI Rockin' indeed can fail. And if failure depends on Speed, Ness just can't use the move against Mewtwo. Period.
I've said that several times lol. In game it's pretty rare for it to miss but it is possilble. Lucas' pk love doesn't have this weakness though.

Safeguard prevents PK Flash to work, and maybe it doesn't work on Mewtwo at all since PK Flash only works against certain enemies.
PK flash would stop working at all if it only works on enemies that can be status ailmented, if this is what Diddy hinted at. Please clarify this Diddy.
Pk flash works on anything that isn't resistant to it (including some bosses). Mewtwo has no known resistance to pk flash. Even Ness can be OHKO'd by pk flash (though the chance of that happening are extremely low due to the equipment he has, which gives him resistance to pk flash, among other things).

Pressure wastes Ness' PP twice as fast. Going physical might be Ness' only offensive option left.
Ness has 666 pp plus pp recovery items. Healing himself fully only costs 13 pp. This lets him heal 51 times (25 with that ability you mentioned) with that much pp, assuming he heals himself after every single one of Mewtwo's moves. That is without any pp recovery items. He also can use regular items to heal himself. Mewtwo also can miss Ness with his attacks. Pk flash doesn't have a miss rate. Mewtwo is definitely running out of pp before Ness. Ness probably could simply stall Mewtwo by healing himself after every move and wait until Mewtwo runs out of pp.

Psych Up / Mist, Recover, Calm Mind / Amnesia / Bulk Up, Psychic / Brick Break is what I think Mewtwo's moveset should be against Ness.
That's way more than four moves.

Ohko moves in pokemon are somewhat similar in nature to PK flash. "when used, cause the target's HP to drop to zero regardless of their stats. " Though I admit, it still works on dropping their HP to zero, cause they always "inflict damage equal to the opponent's current HP". :/ So blargh...

Focus sash: "If the user has full hit points before a potentially fatal attack, this allows it to survive the attack with 1 HP" <_>
Then Ness can just hit him with pk flash again. =/

Diddy, brick break breaks barriers such as reflect and light screen (even if it misses lol).
That counts as breaking Ness' shield, but the damage it does is halved and the rest gets reflected back to Mewtwo.

Wouldn't rolling hp constitute as Ness's ability? <_> Torment prevents moves to be used on row, while recycle would take the item he has previously used and make it useable again. But how would psych up copy Ness's reflecting shield if it's not a stat up move? (or is it lol)
Ness reflecting shield isn't a stat up move. It just puts a shield around him. It has to be renewed every three attacks it gets hit wtih.

Decide on which moveset Mewtwo is going to have. That way I know what I'm arguing against lol.

Samochan

Smash Master
Wouldn't PK Flash be a psychic type move and thus Mewtwo would have resistance to it? <_> I assume, cause Ness is teh psychic boy and all and thus is non-physical moves would be psychokinetic moves, but I could be wrong. >_>;

We're still thinking of the best moveset here. I'm not even sure if TM's or possibly even Tutored moves would be allowed. :/

Substitute would block Ness's attempts at PK flash and it's effects (or another move), then disable would disable it for some period of time (1-8 rpg turns, -1 per attempt of using a disabled move though) or torment would prevent repeated use, Aura Sphere for no-miss damage dealing and then filler with recover/embargo/psych up/me first, me thinks. Recover is kinda a must in this matchup though. <_>

Disable: "If the user is faster than the target and disables the attack that the target was going to use during that round) and attempts to execute it before the disable duration is over, it will only result in a wasted turn and a message that the move is disabled." Only works against last attack used ofc, disable fails if used on first round (or in this case, before Ness has done a move).

Crystanium

Smash Hero
If Kirby is 8", so is Meta Knight. Yes, it says Kirby is 8" tall. I'm not talking about on the television screen, either, because he's not 8" on that, either. Diddy Kong is taller. I have little to no knowledge about the two characters, so I'll stay out of this one.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Wouldn't PK Flash be a psychic type move and thus Mewtwo would have resistance to it? <_> I assume, cause Ness is teh psychic boy and all and thus is non-physical moves would be psychokinetic moves, but I could be wrong. >_>;

We're still thinking of the best moveset here. I'm not even sure if TM's or possibly even Tutored moves would be allowed. :/
The PSI energy Ness uses is different from the psychic powers Mewtwo has. PSI can make fire, ice, and thunder.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Brick Break breaks Reflect and Light Screen only. It doesn't break anything else. Brick Break won't break Mirror Coat, Counter, or Barrier, which are shown to be barriers.

Mewtwo can't learn TMs, HMs, or move tutor moves. Level up moves are fine.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
If Kirby is 8", so is Meta Knight. Yes, it says Kirby is 8" tall. I'm not talking about on the television screen, either, because he's not 8" on that, either. Diddy Kong is taller. I have little to no knowledge about the two characters, so I'll stay out of this one.
Meta Knight is technically a little taller than Kirby, not like that matters though. =P

Anyways Meta Knight's sword, Galaxia or what Kirby & The Amazing Mirror call it Master, (lol another Master Sword), can out perform what Sword Kirby can able to do, including summon tornados, multiple sword beams, etc. Those who are not the chosen one's of this sword, will take damage, or be killed by the energy of this sword, only Kirby and Meta Knight can wield it. You can't steal his sword without being damaged.

Offensive: Meta Knight is very swift with his speed and sword strikes, not to mention he can summon some of the power from his sword to perform some crazy attacks you see in Kirby Super Star/Ultra, Kirby Squeak Squad, (I would say Kirby & The Amazing Mirror, but that wasn't really Meta Knight, just his copy, but he can perform those same moves on Squeak Squad), with his sword swips, he can swing at the speed of light, making the sword hard to see when he slices you. If you try to escape his awesome might, he will set his wings and fly right at you, striking you while he's flying.

Defensive: Meta Knight is able to use his Dimensional Cape for his quick escapes as seen when he loses to Kirby in battle. You also can not hurt him while he's using his Dimensional Cape as well when he escapes. When Meta Knight is in danager or near death, he will use his black magic to heal himself to full heath, (as seen in Kirby Super Star Ultra), he can also heal his partner, but that's an assist rule, so I can't use that. He can also parry your attacks if you attack him too recklessly, good luck breaking his sword, because you can't able to.

Samochan

Smash Master
The PSI energy Ness uses is different from the psychic powers Mewtwo has. PSI can make fire, ice, and thunder.
Coincidentally, psychic types in pokemon usually learn a variety of elemental type moves (moreso than other types), mostly from those types you mentioned (liek ice beam, tbolt and flamethrower), at least those who's primary type is psychic. So I wouldn't say it's that much different in comparison, at least when taken account that these are different games...

But yea, psychic types may be able to utilise elemental moves better than other types, but psychic can't learn or make elementary moves by itself, usually the move is tm or breeded. :/

'Kay if no moves besides level up... bweh, guess Aura Sphere/Recover/Disable/Psych up,* Safeguard,* Me First will have to do. :/

--

Viper, don't forget battleship Halberd ;3

Crystanium

Smash Hero
I just don't see a small character like maybe 9" or 10" defeating a 5'6" foot (67.2 inch) chimp. Who was defending the DK crew in the past? We need your knowledge.

Samochan

Smash Master
I just don't see a small character like maybe 9" or 10" defeating a 5'6" foot (67.2 inch) chimp. Who was defending the DK crew in the past? We need your knowledge.
Imo, Meta only needs to fly onto his Battleship Halberd and get it over with lol. Now there's a good size difference. It has Combo Cannon rofl, which shoots cannonballs, fires lasers, drops bombs and has an arm that tries to grab, throw or hold someone in front of the laser when it's about to fire. It's also accurate enough to shoot down Kirby on a Warp star.

Unless using Halberd is prohibited cause it kinda needs crew members to operate it, though if it still works fine even when you pwn all crew members, then it would be good to go. If nothing else, Meta can just ram the **** thing into Diddy and get to safety himself via flying/teleporting. <_> I also assume from graphics that Halberd is very big, and the fact that Kirby spends most of sub-game "Revenge of Metaknight" on Halberd destroying it piece by piece, it should be big enough to KO one chimp via crash landing (if nothing else ofc).

--

Diddy on the other hand, from what I saw from youtube gameplay video, can jump onto enemies and use sorta rolling attack to defeat them, can carry around barrels and dixie and throw those and moves around moderately quickly and jumps prolly higher than average. He can also ride a Rhino that can push enemies out of his way, but if I recall correcly, he'll lose it if he takes any damage. Dunno how much damage diddy itself can take though. Then some .. very weird looking Spring bouncing thingy that jumps kinda high. <_> Diddy can seemingly grab a stereo and sunglasses out of nowhere, maybe he could throw these at Metaknight but yea... Diddy only needs to hit one enemy and he's done. <_<

I'm however certain that nothing Diddy can do can really stand up to Halberd, or even Metaknight himself, no matter how small he is. Meta has way more abilities over Diddy, ranged attacks and can self-heal too if he takes any damage.

UncleSam

Smash Master
Isn't MK like, the galaxy's greatest swordsman?
**** the halberd when he could just make mince meat of the monkey
Halberd is backup

Samochan

Smash Master
Isn't MK like, the galaxy's greatest swordsman?
**** the halberd when he could just make mince meat of the monkey
Halberd is backup
How come Halberd is backup, Meta owns and is the commander of the ship and ship is an equipment, nor a person or entity or whatever. >_> If Falcon can use his F-zero machine, Meta should be able to use Halberd. I also doubt Meta would need any crew members to just move the ship around either, though using the cannon would prolly be a different story.

WhatIsRaizen?

Smash Ace
That would be Diddy Kong, but he went off as soon as I started the match-up. :urg:

Samochan

Smash Master
Omg I just got this information. Apparently, diddy has one broken move calle Guitar he uses on DK64, which kills all enemies (cept bosses) within hearing distance it seems. So basically he has a one hit ko move. >_>; He can seemingly use this move up to 20 times and there's even a more powerful variation to this, which needs charging up but depletes crystals.

Range is an issue, if meta just teleports away extremely quickly, he won't get hit by said move (The sound wave blast is supposed to deafen most Kremlings, but will also deplete it's energy), he'll win no doubt with halberd or ranged attacks. Though the startup was very quick from what I saw. <_>

2 melons with 8 health parts seem to act as their health on DK64 and Diddy also has a barrel jetpack seemingly where he can use his popgun as well (flying consumes crystals though). He can seemingly throw some sort of fruits that bounce from ground and explode on contact with the enemy. O_o;

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Well, I'd say we wait for Diddy Kong to come and defend Diddy Kong. From what I've seen, he has some good knowledge about the Donkey Kong series. He was defending Donkey Kong before WhatIsRaizen? started over the tier list discussion, tried to get Donkey Kong higher up.

BSP

Smash Legend
I know a little bit about diddy. He has his peanut guns, with infinite ammo, his rocketbarrel pack, also infinite ammo, his guitar...that might be it, im not sure.

But if meta can use halberd, diddy is screwed.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Is the Halberd sentient? Does it think on its own? Does it have its own mind?

Those are the things that kind of determine whether something is back-up. Such as Yune's blessing, which should be banned, considering it came from a sentient person who willfully did that.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Should Ganon's usage of the Triforce be banned since that's a power granted by a higher authority?

Should PSI powers be banned since that's granted to them through the earth?

Ike was simply just blessed by a Goddess lol.

UncleSam

Smash Master
Is the Halberd sentient? Does it think on its own? Does it have its own mind?

Those are the things that kind of determine whether something is back-up. Such as Yune's blessing, which should be banned, considering it came from a sentient person who willfully did that.
The Halberd is a ship.
like airship.

UncleSam

Smash Master
Wait... does Meta Knight have ears?
the guitar would do nothing then...
unless soundwaves could just blow somebody up by force then sure

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Wait... does Meta Knight have ears?
the guitar would do nothing then...
unless soundwaves could just blow somebody up by force then sure
Makes you wonder how can he even hear without ears, same with a lot of other characters. =P

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
MetaKnight doesn't fight with the Halbert, as Fox doesn't use the Greatfox for a suidice crash attack. MetaKnight can't have it.

Diddy has a electric guitar in DK64 with unlimited uses which creates a shockwave what'll kill every enemy in sight. Also the stronger ones. MetaKnight is small, and the Guitar Gazump (name of the move lolz) would probably kill him pretty fast. Imagine Kirby's Mike ability, but stronger.

Orange Grenades, very high jumping ability, a sort of charging skull bash attack, Peanut Popguns with a Barrel Jetpack with unlimited ammo will help Diddy as well. He's also invincible while flying, but that's a game mechanic.

Diddy wins, just like in the other thread. ^^

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Meta Knight use Dimensional Cape

Diddy Kong's attack missed

Meta Knight uses Sword Beam

Meta Knight says "Size don't matter, as long as your not four inches or below"

ಠ_ಠ

Samochan

Smash Master
MetaKnight doesn't fight with the Halbert, as Fox doesn't use the Greatfox for a suidice crash attack. MetaKnight can't have it.
Metaknight DOES fight with the Halberd on occasion; an entire sub-game in Kirby Super Star + Ultra called "Revenge of Meta Knight" is devoted onto Meta trying to dominate Dreamland with his Halberd, his ultimate weapon used for combat. He's both the owner and Commander of it. When Kirby decides to meddle and beats up all the crew, Meta becomes infuriated and blasts him into the ocean below with his C-c-c-combo cannon. I dunno what would you'd call that, other than fightning. >_> Halberd is equipment, same like everyone else has.

Fox personally has never used the Great Fox for combat, we've only really saw Peppy use the Great fox laser thingy to fight the aparoids. They aren't comparable.

missingnomaster

Smash Lord
If Metaknight can fly the Halberd by himself, then there's no reason he can't use it. If it needs crew members for things like its cannons, then he can't use the cannons though.

Has Fox even flown the Great Fox?

Samochan

Smash Master
If Metaknight can fly the Halberd by himself, then there's no reason he can't use it. If it needs crew members for things like its cannons, then he can't use the cannons though.

Has Fox even flown the Great Fox?

"But his plans go wrong when Kirby begins to meddle. Kirby single-handily beats up up the crew members and destroys the Halberd piece-by-piece. Meta Knight is infuriated by this, so he ends up blasting him down into the ocean below. But with the help of Dyna Blade, Kirby boards the battleship once more, and continues to take it down. With his crew beaten and his ship losing altitude fast, Meta Knight eventually decides to fight Kirby himself. "

I assume Meta can thusly operate the Combo Cannon by himself, as he's also the pilot of the ship. And in order to take down Halberd, one needs to take down the Reactor which has auto-defence system. =)

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Should Ganon's usage of the Triforce be banned since that's a power granted by a higher authority?
It isn't granted to him by a higher authority, the Triforce of Power is destined to be with Ganny. The gods left it there on whatever planet Ganny/Link/Zelda are on. They don't give a rat's *** what happens to the Triforce.
They can null it at will o_O
Should PSI powers be banned since that's granted to them through the earth?
...wat

Ike was simply just blessed by a Goddess lol.
Yune's a goddess? Yune is sentient, is she not? She willfully gave him her power, she willfully backs him up. She's alive, she can speak, she has a brain, she has a conscious, blah blah blah.

NatP

Smash Ace
Diddy wins. All he has to do is use his peanut popgun. They home in, they have unlimited ammo and they're REALLY fast. Even if meta uses dimensional cape, diddy can just keep firing until he eventually re appears. Concluding, meta can't dodge peanuts forever.

§leepy God

Smash Master
Meta Knight's Dimensional Cape doesn't work the same as Brawl's. He can use it to escape instead of hiding for a few seconds. I really need to bush up on Donkey Kong 64 because I haven't played it in a long while.

But as I always say, Swords>>>>>Guns. Especially none real guns. :p

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Kirby can stop MetaKnight quite easily with his Bomb and Mike ability. Diddy has Orange Grenades and his Guitar Gazump, which take down enemies bigger than Kirby's, and have unlimited uses. Peanut Popguns are just for Diddy to use when he's using his Barrel Jetpack, cause he's got better options on the ground.

If MetaKnight gets the Halbert, place him under Ganondorf already, cause nothing will stop him then <_< Don't think this is necessary, cause MetaKnight usually fights with his sword. Besides, isn't the Halbert destroyed canon-wise?

And if MetaKnight get's the Halbert, can't Diddy just try to hi-jack it like Kirby did? He's been in similar ships before (in DKC2, and DK: King of Swing for example) so it should be no problem. How he'd reach it is either with his Barrel Jetpack, or by "flying".

Diddy can also heal himself with bananas, and become invincible by them. His rolling attack does more damage then.

Top Bottom