• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros. Canon Tournament! (Mario Vs. ????) - 06/14/10

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Samus can beat MK.

Bowser can beat MK.

Kirby can beat MK.

Anyone who can infiltrate the ship somehow can beat MK.

_clinton

Smash Master

Bowser has the Star Rod here.

Nothing is keeping him from retrieving it.
Nothing

Star Haven didn't beef up their security.
Bowser wasn't "wished away" from Star Haven.

He has easy access to it again if he wanted to lol
I like how Bowser sucks w/ just his normal powers...

Also what in your mind makes you think Star Haven would even let Bowser near them again? Normally if someone robs from you and they have a large record of being an ***...you'd think not to trust them...and to be more careful with them...

Besides, wouldn't this be considered backup then? Dragon is refered as character that is summoned, but Lucas doesn't innately have the ability to summon dragon. A sentinent being that grants powers to you would be considered as backup here.

This is kinda like Yune and Ike. Was Yune banned again because she granted Ike powers?

Stop quoting the EB wiki...

When you pull a needle...you get more powerful...those needles are seals on a power...if you are getting more powerful than that means you are getting the power from that seal...and the power in that seal is the Dark Dragon's aka the power of the earth...

Again as seen in Mother 2...Ness was able to travel with the power when he got it...the game even says its his when you fight the foes that have it...

Why would it be any different for Lucas?

Yes everyone stayed alive cause of the main hero. <_< Not such a big deal, happens quite a lot in vidjagames really.

Island's backstory was that everyone escaped the end of the old world on "White Ships". If anything, those "White Ships" did more than Lucas did. =/ Lucas was probably not even born by then.

Not that this is relevant to the match up anyways...
You missed my point...which was that the power in that island was strong enough to avoid D-day

All Lucas did was pulling the Needles to wake up the Dragon. He and his brother where the only ones who could do that. And he rebelled against a corrupt system yeah but really... lot's of people do that nowadays as well :p . Pigmasks where pretty stupid anyway, and he didn't do it all alone.
Again...every time Lucas pulled a needle he got stronger...how is this concept so hard to understand?

Ness is a bit more impressive, but he didn't defeat Giygas himself. <_< It was cause of Paula's prayers that Giygas got killed, what Ness did in the meanwhile was probably trying to keep everyone alive with PSI Liveup. They didn't even fought Giygas at full strenght. Prayer's mean that God basically killed Giygas.
Ness' issue with Giygas was final boss syndrome...in that even though the main character is by far equal or stronger than the final boss...you still have to go by some silly thing...

Ness was the only one who could use PK Rockin/Love until he meant Giygas...

PK Rockin/Love was said to be a move that only Ness could use...

Plasma Beam goes through shields. Bombs in Mother 3 also by pass the shields, so Power Bombs would work.
Plasma beam is plasma...Lucas' shields have shown that they protect vs. Plasma...

Also sense when do bombs go through shields? You still receive reduced damage from them just like everything else for the most part...

Well, no. But I think generally Samus has more stamina than Lucas has looking at both character's games. Lucas would go down faster.
lol wut? Samus can't even use Crystal Flash until she has 49 units of health left...and then its even harder to use it...but that's just game mechs...

Okay fine so he's gonna take all those pieces of armor with him in battle? That'd limit him badly, seeing as he can only take 16 items with him including equipment. That'd mean less Mementos and no healing items.
Its one piece of armor actually...how about that? Its not limiting him at all...oh and again...a cap on items is just a game mech...but whatever

Samus' suits protect her against worse things, as actual lava and stuff.
How the hell is absorbing a place's energy that is filled with lava a weak feat?

Super Missles take down bosses pretty fast. You could compare them to Bottle Rockets really, with a better fire rate.
Again game mechs...

Fun fact...Mother 3 is an RPG...Metroid is an action game...

EarthBound / Mother's battle system is very... open. Everything can suddenly happen in text. If Lucas and Samus where to fight according to Mother mechanics Samus wouldn't chance much.
Good...get the hint of what game mechs already...if Lucas was to go by Samus' game mechs chances are you'd see a different system being put on...

The text of her attacking would be: "Samus repeatly shot her beam at Lucas" much like you said enemies where able to shoot 16 rockets at once. <_< Your just contradicting yourself here.
Lucas can dodge those rockets as well...how about that?

Run yeah, and come back at him with Speed Booster which would deffinatly by pass shields cause she's invincible while using Speed Booster. <_< Thanks for reminding me of that, I excluded Speed Booster so far from everything, yet it's one of Samus most powerful abilities.
And yet...it can't pass through everything...ever try running into actual strong foes with the speed booster? It doesn't work that well...they don't take damage...

Lucas is slow btw. Ness is even worse.
How so? Ness can move though space freely...and sense Lucas got the same thing Ness did at the end of his game...chances are he improved as well...

Again...your reliance on game mechs is silly...

So? There are Pokemon made out of fire (Ponyta), electricity (Rotom I guess), ice (Glalie), lava (Slugma, Magargo) as well and they can be physically attacked by other Pokemon. Doesn't say anything. Samus likely fought harder **** than that. Phazon for example.
Psychokinesis is a by far more powerful thing than phazon...Lucas and Ness could just change the substance into something that won't kill!

Again...PK is control over space and time

True, but Metroid is a bit more realistic than Mother I guess. I think Lucas would be able to purge himself from it, but it'd be a big disadvantage for him anyways cause if he doesn't PK Heal himself, he'll die and Samus can just keep on shooting forever making Lucas infused with Phazon all the time so it doesn't mather.

Lucas should get a Safeguard TM lolz
How is Metroid realistic?

justaway12

Smash Master
Also what in your mind makes you think Star Haven would even let Bowser near them again? Normally if someone robs from you and they have a large record of being an ***...you'd think not to trust them...and to be more careful with them...

Same could be said for Peach getting kidnapped, prove they made their castle/whatever it is better.

And Bowser doesn't suck without the star rod, but he is much better with it.

Lovely

Smash Lord
♣ Since New Super Mario Bros Wii came out not too long ago, should anyone look how Bowser battled if anyone would mind spoiling the game? ;p ♥

♣ How will the battle with Falco vs Meta Knight will happen, in ship or without the ship? ♥

_clinton

Smash Master
Lucas is FASTER? <_< Nah, they are both ridiculously slow by normal standards. And Bowser has apperances where he moves suprisingly fast, unlike Lucas who is just slow... slow.
Dude...Lucas is slow by game mechs when compared to his team...

But have you ever looked at the foes Lucas fights? God some of them have to be faster than sound by the logic put into them...

By comparison I'd say Lucas is by far faster than Bowser?

It's not. However, Lucas can't use the dragon cause we don't know what it does. There's no effidence that Lucas could use the dragon freely as he likes, as it does what is reflected in his heart and he'll probably go bac kto sleep again after rebuilding the world. Lucas just can't have that power. Simple as that.

Bowser getting the Star Rod is actually showed in game, and it's the base of the final battle against him in Paper Mario.
Again...the Dragon's power is just the power of the Earth from Mother 2...

Ness was able to freely use it...what makes you think Lucas couldn't?

Your view on Lucas being weak is short sighted...he keep getting stronger with each needle pulled...and at the end of the game he got use of the full power that Ness once had...how is he weak? Just because you don't have game mechs backing it up because the game ends when he gets it?

Same could be said for Peach getting kidnapped, prove they made their castle/whatever it is better.

And Bowser doesn't suck without the star rod, but he is much better with it.
Ah no...Bowser sucks w/o the star rod...each main stay game Bowser has been in has always made him rob some "super power" of some sort...so he could stand a chance against Mario...

justaway12

Smash Master
@Lovely:Nooooooo :(

Spoilers >:O

Though it might just be that fireballs on the bridge thing.

@Salem: I didn't say strong enough to beat Lucas >_>

@Clinton_: Lrn2SPM/SMB.1/Galaxy
and it depends on what move, Crusher is freakisly fast.
So are his items

Lovely

Smash Lord
falco prefers the air :/
♣ Well said. XD ♥

♣ I think Falco can destroy the Halberd, though that clip from the SSE when Fox was trying to dodge the mechanical hand might tell me other wise, (I know SSBB SSE isn't allowed), I guess Falco has better Arwing skills than Fox. ♥

REL38

Smash Lord
@Clinton

You have no proof the Star Spirits buffed up security.
Give me canon proof. Not "they obviously did".

Bowser can teleport, create earthquakes, stop time, freeze opponents, cover the field with moving fire, shoot fireballs and poison.

Yeeeah.

@Salem

Bowser has the Star Rod.
Get over it lol

Salem

Smash Champion
@Clinton

Bowser can teleport, create earthquakes, stop time, freeze opponents, cover the field with moving fire, shoot fireballs and poison.

Yeeeah.

@Salem

Bowser has the Star Rod.
Get over it lol
You mean Mario has the Star Rod.
Get over it. >:O

Samochan

Smash Master
Again...the Dragon's power is just the power of the Earth from Mother 2...

Ness was able to freely use it...what makes you think Lucas couldn't?
Simple.

Lucas =/= Ness. =)

Don't assume he could. Assuming is only theorising, but not factual information we are looking for here.

--

Onto current matchup... the laser from Halberd seems to need some time to charge up, but the laser itself is like well, laser quick and about the size of Kirby. Not much I know, but should be enough. Combo cannon can also hit both Warpstar kirby and Dyna blade right off the sky, so it should be fairly accurate. Falco can't avoid the laser and cannons forever and Halberd is way more durable than Arwing is. However, Falco can destroy the combo cannon... hmm... but in order to reach metaknight, he'd need to destroy the whole ship and reactor as well. Seems like too much work for one bird to do at once, without getting hit too much. <_<

Edit: According to superstar ultra scenes, brawl's depiction of how fast halberd can shoot is very accurate. Very quick barrage of small lasers, but at the same time it can shoot cannonballs and then one big blue laser. Falco can't dodge all that stuff. There even seems to be many cannons atop halberd. o_o

Lovely

Smash Lord
♣ I guess Falco has to be in the ship to do damage like Kirby did, except I don't think Falco could land on the ship... alive anyways, to Kirby to get on the ship, Kirby had to sacrifice Dyna Blade to even get on board. without getting blasted. ♥

_clinton

Smash Master
@Clinton

Bowser can teleport, create EQs, stop time, freeze foes, cover the field with moving fire, shoot fireballs, and poison when he has the power of the Castle Stars in him (M64 reference) or has boosted his power with some machine.

Oh and all of those examples you just brought up...yeah they wouldn't do **** to Lucas...

Simple.

Lucas =/= Ness. =)

Don't assume he could. Assuming is only theorising, but not factual information we are looking for here.
Lucas does = Ness actually...

Itoi (the guy who made these games) has stated that Lucas pretty much is Ness in spirit...just like how Ninten was Ness in spirit...

And because Lucas like Ness has "the power of the Earth" at the end of his game...

Its even more proof that Itoi is telling the truth on this issue...

Hell...Ness, Ninten, and Lucas pretty much all have the same battle role as well (their PSI is more defensive than offensive)

REL38

Smash Lord
You mean Mario has the Star Rod.
Get over it. >:O
He returned it to the Star Spirits.
It's never in his inventory.
He never uses it.

Take a hint already.

@Clinton

Stops time with the Stopwatch. Freezes foes. (SPM)

Creates Earthquakes (M&L)

Shoots fireballs (almost every game)

Teleports (Galaxy, I believe)

Poison strike (PM, M&L)

Yeeeah.

_clinton

Smash Master
He returned it to the Star Spirits.
It's never in his inventory.
He never uses it.

Take a hint already.

You should take a hint that the star spirits aren't the same as the Mushroom kingdom...they aren't stupid like Peach and her followers are ok!

Stops time with the Stopwatch. Freezes foes. (SPM)
Lucas is a "god-level" psychokinetic psychic...again PK means you have control over a random number generator...which means you can control chaos...which means time and space...

However...my 1st point of Bowser having lack luster powers point still stands...this isn't in Bowser's natural skill...plus you bringing up the RPGs is funny in general...

The RPGs for the most part make fun of the Mario series, and a good % of everything else that is in gaming (hey they are doing what EB did!)!

How much of them do you really want to take as serious? Even you should see that the Star Rod info is BS!

Creates Earthquakes (M&L)
So...his weight is a weapon that creates an EQ on a 9.0 level?

Still you miss my point about this not bugging Lucas...when he has a partner that can make them with just her mind...

Shoots fireballs (almost every game)
And the stuff he can do with them varies by how much power he is robbing from someplace else...yes we get it...

Teleports (Galaxy, I believe)
M64 as well...again...both of those games had him robbing another power source ^_^

Poison strike (PM, M&L)
Which doesn't bug Lucas...but whatever...oh and again...PM had him robbing a power source...of course...you also forget the fact that RPGs have stuff like this in them...as in it could just be game mechs that Bowser has poison...but if not...again it wouldn't bug Lucas...

Samochan

Smash Master
However...my 1st point of Bowser having lack luster powers point still stands...this isn't in Bowser's natural skill...plus you bringing up the RPGs is funny in general...

M64 as well...again...both of those games had him robbing another power source ^_^
Lol how hypocritical is this. =)

Even you cannot argue that Lucas naturally possessed Dragon's powers, but was instead granted those. You're basically defeating yourself with your own arguments.

And what info about star rod is bs? >_> Evidence of contrary?

justaway12

Smash Master

And lets not forget that he still transported after the stars were taken back, and he used none of them, IIRC.

Clinton, PROVE that they wouldn't make it stronger, stop saying saying your opinions when trying to prove a point without backing it up.
Prove that the star rod info is BS =/

Crusher can come out in 1 second.

And you said yourself, it's a random number generator, Bowser, come out instantly, without luck =/
Unless you were talking about something else

REL38

Smash Lord
@Clinton

Lucas is not a "god" as you keep stating.
Since when is a "god" damaged?
Since when is a "god" unable to OHKO enemies?
Since when is a "god" restricted in his moveset?

Lucas is not a "god".
He is a powerful PSI child that is the apparent "chosen one" to save the world.

He can die from Porky. He can get killed by generic enemies.
He isn't that great in Mother 3 without Kumatora, Duster and Boney.

Lucas never "created a new world". The Dragon did.

He isn't what you say he is. He is no "god".

Once again, give me canon proof that Star Haven buffed up their security.

Random Number Generator?
From the kid that never shows to do this in-game or cutscene?
Time and Space?
The Dragon did that.
The Stopwatch would keep this kid from moving just like he got poisoned, cried uncontrollably and "felt funny" from enemy attacks.

Earthquakes or shock waves, they still hurt.

Teleportation is from Bowser.
In-game ability = he got it

@Lovely

inorite?

missingnomaster

Smash Lord
Bowser can teleport, create EQs, stop time, freeze foes, cover the field with moving fire, shoot fireballs, and poison when he has the power of the Castle Stars in him (M64 reference) or has boosted his power with some machine.

Oh and all of those examples you just brought up...yeah they wouldn't do **** to Lucas...

Lucas does = Ness actually...

Itoi (the guy who made these games) has stated that Lucas pretty much is Ness in spirit...just like how Ninten was Ness in spirit...

And because Lucas like Ness has "the power of the Earth" at the end of his game...

Its even more proof that Itoi is telling the truth on this issue...

Hell...Ness, Ninten, and Lucas pretty much all have the same battle role as well (their PSI is more defensive than offensive)
I'm pretty sure Bowser couldn't have had the Stars in him at the end of SM64, since Mario had collected all of them (even some Bowser wasn't aware of) if you completed the game 100%.

Also: Lucas only pulled 4 needles. The needles are only seals on the Dragon's power. They aren't all of the Dragon's power. They need to be pulled so the Dragon can be woke, not so that Lucas can be powerful enough to remake the world.

_clinton

Smash Master
Lol how hypocritical is this. =)

Even you cannot argue that Lucas naturally possessed Dragon's powers, but was instead granted those. You're basically defeating yourself with your own arguments.

And what info about star rod is bs? >_> Evidence of contrary?
They were naturally going to become his...that was the point of him learning PK Love...again...according to the game...a user of PK Love doesn't show up unless it is needed...

@Clinton

Lucas is not a "god" as you keep stating.
Since when is a "god" damaged?
Since when is a "god" unable to OHKO enemies?
Since when is a "god" restricted in his moveset?

Ever play God of War?

Anyway...Fun fact...this is me reminding you again...that until the end of the game...before Lucas pulled the last needle...he didn't have his full power...

I like how you don't get that fact ^_^

Random Number Generator?
From the kid that never shows to do this in-game or cutscene?
Again...for the 15th time...please look up what Psychokinesis is...the **** things description is to be able to control a RNG...as in time and space...

That is how things like PK Fire, Freeze, Thunder, Life up, Healing, Shields, ect. WORK!

And lets not forget that he still transported after the stars were taken back, and he used none of them, IIRC.
You mean how in both games of SM64 and SMG...the various NPCs keep pointing out that Bowser robbed the power of the castle/space station thing...I mean you seem to keep forgetting that the point of Mario recovering the stars is so he can counter the work Bowser has done in both those games...

And you said yourself, it's a random number generator, Bowser, come out instantly, without luck =/
Unless you were talking about something else
Ah no...please read the post right...I said its control over a random number generator...K?

I'm pretty sure Bowser couldn't have had the Stars in him at the end of SM64, since Mario had collected all of them (even some Bowser wasn't aware of) if you completed the game 100%.
Just because you block the mouse hole, doesn't mean you have got the mouse...

Mario was in control of the bulk of the star power by the end point of SM64...but Bowser was still hiding in the castle using its magic you know...

Also: Lucas only pulled 4 needles. The needles are only seals on the Dragon's power. They aren't all of the Dragon's power. They need to be pulled so the Dragon can be woke, not so that Lucas can be powerful enough to remake the world.
God...this is another thing I brought up before...Claus dies at the end of the game...what do you think happens to his power that was in him, stuff like that doesn't just go away...and because Lucas and him are "linked" it would make sense anyway that he got it as Claus was giving it up (or he was getting it little by little as it happened...that is another possibility)

justaway12

Smash Master
Clinton, Mario stole the Stars and got them back, when I said he used none of them I meant for his power, they were all left on an other planet, IIRC =/

Mario was in control of the bulk of the star power by the end point of SM64...but Bowser was still hiding in the castle using its magic you know...
Then why didn't Mario use the magic >_>
even in Super Mario Brothers one, it describes him as someone with dark magic =/

Look at Super Mario Galaxy, he gets a black aura from his hands then transports =/

_clinton

Smash Master
Then why didn't Mario use the magic >_>
even in Super Mario Brothers one, it describes him as someone with dark magic =/

Look at Super Mario Galaxy, he gets a black aura from his hands then transports =/
Bowser may have dark magic...but it certainly isn't that much by himself...because he sure does have to steal other powers (somehow) most of (I mean all the time...god he's been doing it sense SMB3)

As for SM64...Mario did use the magic...how else do you think he was able to reach Bowser anyway?

Plus you can't tell me Bowser wasn't on a last stand on each of these games...Mario had gotten the power sources back...Bowser was going to start to lose the power from them...

As far as comparing their powers go...Lucas at least is meant to have his because he is Ness in spirit...

missingnomaster

Smash Lord
You know, Clinton, this argument would go much quicker if you actually had proof for your key statements, rather than just making fan fiction based on what you think happened.

There's no proof that Claus gave his power to Lucas. And yes, the power Claus got from the needles he pulled would have most likely gone away... The needles are only seals on the Dragon's power. Once they are pulled, they are gone, and the puller gets some power from them. There's nothing special about them after they have been pulled. They aren't keys, for example.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
My god _clinton.

Lucas DOES NOT BEND SPACE NOR TIME

NOR DOES HE EXHIBIT THE ABILITY TO MIND-R*PE OR TELEKINETICALLY LIFT FOES

If he doesn't show that he has that ability in the game, don't assume he has it! Some things are common sense, but this is an ability. If I had the ability to read minds, would I be assumed to have the ability to telekinetically lift a person in the air? No, of course not. I would have to display that power to prove I have it. Lucas has not displayed it at all. Therefore, Lucas does not get that ability because he hasn't ever used it or displayed it. Assuming he has it just because he has a related ability is wrong. You need proof he uses the ability in the game.

justaway12

Smash Master
Bowser, he used stars to open doors, why couldn't he know transport?

Bowser had the ability to turn people into inanimate objects, that isn't weak magic =/

In Super Mario 64 he did not turn weaker =/
That proves he didn't use the stars =/, he gets stronger as you progress.
How does less stars = Stronger? That contridicts your last post right there, he couldn't steal power sources, yet have even MORE power in the end /

He doesn't steal his power in Super Mario RPG, Super Mario Bros.1, Super Mairo Sunshine (IIRC), and I don't think in M&L (have't played it, but I think) =/

Samochan

Smash Master
They were naturally going to become his...that was the point of him learning PK Love...again...according to the game...a user of PK Love doesn't show up unless it is needed...
Hmm.. and Claus was there with his PK Love and collection of needles just as a wallflower right?

Wrong. Claus could have just as easily awoken the dragon if he had gotten the needles, as said by Itoi himself on an interview.

"Itoi has revealed a third possibility in an interview, that if the Dragon is summoned by a person with no heart, then all life would simply cease to exist. Because the Masked Man, who Lucas was competing with to pull the Needles, is described several times by the Magypsies as heartless, it is likely that Itoi's implication was the fate of the world Lucas and friends were campaigning to prevent. "

Lucas wasn't gonna get anything naturally, nor was he destined to. He had to work getting those needles manually. Besides "naturally" getting anything is such a ridiculous statement I find myself laughing over it. A person might naturally grow a nose according to their genes, but you're not "naturally" destined to get some materia.
*imagines pokemon trainer getting pokemon because they were naturally going to become his, or Samus getting equipment*
"The Magypsies went on to tell that "someone to wake the Dragon will appear when its power is needed."" could have just as easily refered to Claus. Or even someone else besides them, it doesn't refer anyone by name.

Oh yea and basically, Dark dragon can only create or destroy worlds, based on the heart's desire of the summoner of the dragon. Lucas is not evil, so he can only create the world anew. It's not wishing thing or some sorta god powers Lucas could go and spam at will however he wished. Dark dragon's powers are only limited to creation or destruction of the world. What world is he gonna recreate again here? This is a neutral battlefield and should stay as such, how is he gonna alter that? Wouldn't that be bannable offence, forcibly altering the battlefield from neutral to his heart's desire? (lol).

Before you counterargue, provide proof that earthbound wiki is wrong, especially when they directly quote the game. There's prolly plenty of vids on tube anyway.

"PSI (Psionics) or PK (Psychokinesis) refers to the fictional psychic powers that appear throughout the Mother series. These abilities vary between their users"

PSI ability itself doesn't mean you can now magically do all kinds of psionics. PSI abilities only wary, but character needs to learn them and some characters cannot learn some type of psi attacks etc. Lucas is limited to his ingame moveset just like everyone else is, you can't just go stating cause he has psi he now has godlike psychic abilities and can do everything with his mind. Mewtwo didn't get this treatement and I don't see why Lucas should.

Powerbomb, I kinda lolled at Lucas exhibiting powers of Dialga, Palkia and Mewtwo together. =D

PowerBomb

Smash Master
So did I.

Ever tried yer hand at competitive battling, Samo?

Off-topic, but eh.

If the halberd has to be infiltrated to be completely destroyed, then Falco would need to land on it. I highly doubt he's doing that in an aerial battle.

So, MK wins.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
But Brawl isn't canon.

And the shielding of the Arwing can take heavy hits for a while, but a large enough laser will blow it up.

REL38

Smash Lord
But Brawl isn't canon.

And the shielding of the Arwing can take heavy hits for a while, but a large enough laser will blow it up.
Similar result though.

The Arwing itself can't take down the Halberd.
It needs infilitration.

But would Falco know to do that or even have the skills to accomplish it?
Probably not.

The Arwing would eventually give out after all the attacks taken from the airship its barely damaging.

Lovely

Smash Lord
♣ I guess Falco has to be in the ship to do damage like Kirby did, except I don't think Falco could land on the ship... alive anyways, to Kirby to get on the ship, Kirby had to sacrifice Dyna Blade to even get on board. without getting blasted. ♥
♣ Just wondering if anyone took the time to read this. XD ♥

Top Bottom