• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros. Canon Tournament! (Mario Vs. ????) - 06/14/10

WhatIsRaizen?

Smash Ace
Did you reserve a post under the first one? Use it to continue, the one you reserved for changes.
Yeah thought of that but I was saving one post for the final tier list, and one for all the results + match-up discussion. I've already started the linking so , I can't do that now anyways.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
It’s kind of late but…

I like how Samochan’s lack of good reading comprehension was repeated in posts from missingnomaster, and Powerbomb as well…
Can you blame the guy?

God people…just because I think some anime has more rights to be called canon than others (and I even gave the reason for why that said anime has more rights for being canon) doesn’t mean I automatically think every anime is in the same definition of canon…
Well, counting the F Zero anime which may, or may not relate as much to the actual game series as Pokemon does would just be.. unfair. Using the anime for Pokemon would solve... a lot of problems.

It would also basically place Mewtwo much higher than ingame Mewtwo. Yet Mewtwo supporters like me agree with that. Why can't you accept the things for what they are? Like Lucas not getting ZOMGAPOLOCLYPSE and PK Time & Space Controlz.

F-zero’s should be seen as canon though…it has two games for the GBA based off of it, in fact they are the newest games for the series: F-Zero: GP Legend and F-Zero: Climax
Does Falcon use his anime abilities ingame?

And those even make references to plenty of the things in the F-Zero anime…Captain Falcon is Jody Summer's brother in both the anime and these two games for example IIRC…
See above.

Oh and I like how you guys make such a big deal about this saying it isn’t canon…which is funny…because I’m not the one saying that Diddy Kong; a 90 - 115 pound monkey can take a hit from (at least) a 3,000 pound car traveling at around 1200 kilometers per hour…just because he has eaten some sort of banana…
Going Bananas is as much as an ability as driving a F Zero machine. Realism doesn't count here, go and try the Deadliest Brawler... =/

Oh and w/o looking into Falcon’s anime game canon…and instead looking at his games that came before the anime+games…he still looks like a good fighter…god people robbed his DNA just so they could make a clone of him…
He lost cause his car / racemachine thing exploded by Orange Grenades. Even steriods won't help you from getting killed from explosions.

F Zero's message to the kidz: "It's OK to use steriods, drive your car too fast and too loud, go to hell and challenge God to a race! :) "

lol I suck

Plus for the 1st game in the F-Zero games…they do have Falcon using his gun + his Falcon Flyer…so if you think Falcon can’t fight:
http://www.replacementdocs.com/download.php?view.1304

Then please…Read the 8 page comic that came with that F-Zero’s Instruction book ^
If you want Falcon to fight with a gun instead of his Blue Falcon... that's okay with me. =/

Also in regard to the Pokedex…please people…would you explain to me how it is fake when a certain number of pokemon actually do stuff like that in the game that is in the pokedex? Gyarados for example:
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Lake_of_Rage

Hell things like Ninetails has a history as well:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kitsune

Pidgeot being able to fly at mach 3 speed somehow and bend trees just by flapping it’s wings is by far more impressive of a description than just saying the number 91 for its base speed (what I’m saying now is that…the moves pokemon learn, and the stats don’t mean **** except for in a few rare cases)

Of course…I like how you people think the pokemon world is normal when it’s not (Talk about it’s setting for me people if you would)…but whatever
Pokedex = God-modding and it contradicts with gameplay. I'm not going much further into this, cause I partly agree with you but I'm fine it's being left out cause Pokedex only adds one thing: confusion.

Oh and in regards to Samus’ speed booster…her being invincible is a game mech…Super Sonic speed doesn’t mean that she is invincible when she is running…like I said before…it’s just a Sonic boom…but if we are going to talk about this some more…than I should point out that how come Samus can’t run on spiked floors if she is truly invincible? Oh and…again people…Nintendo didn’t make her invincible with it…for 2/3 of the GBA games they have told what it really was…
Speed Boosting is a special thing... Dunno, might aswell be a sort of weapon. We don't know it's yet to be explained I guess.

EDIT: Match up related:

If R.O.B is allowed to drive a kart, he wins. If he's not (and actually, he shouldn't) he loses cause Game & Watch can actually do... things. Things > toys. Mario Kart isn't actual cannon, so R.O.B is ****ed.

WhatIsRaizen?

Smash Ace
ROUND 4

VS.

Current Match-Up:
THE BOUNTY HUNTER Vs. THE SUPER BROTHER

Samus Vs. Luigi

:samus2: Vs. :luigi2:

Round 4, Match 1.

Who will win? YOU decide!

Overall Results

Wins +3:

:ike:, :ness2:, :ganondorf:, :samus2:

Wins +2:

:mario2:, :wolf:, :fox:, :luigi2:, :snake:

Wins +1:

:kirby2:, :pit:, :younglinkmelee:, :toonlink:, :bowser2:, :mewtwo:, :pikachu:

Neutral:

:sonic:, :zelda:, :peach:, :metaknight:, :pt:, :lucario:, :link2:, :diddy:, :marth:, :roymelee:, :falco:, :lucas:

Loss -1:

:dk2:

Loss -2:

:jigglypuff:, :zerosuitsamus:, :wario:, :falcon:, :pichu:, :yoshi2:, :dedede:

Loss -3:

:olimar:, :popo:

Loss -4:

:gw:, :rob:

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I don't want Samus to lose yet... She is freakin' broken. D:

What can Luigi do to a carpet-bombing Samus on her spaceship?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Samus + 1.

Luigi might damage Samus with the Mega Mushroom and Starman, but the damage done would be mimimum to Samus. She could pretty much avoid most of Luigi's Starman attacks. The Mega Mushroom would be harder, but then again... Samus has loads of stamina and the Crystal Flash to heal damage.

And Samus counters Stop Watch badly as no other. Speed Booster would avoid Mega Mushroom Luigi even and damage badly when the Mushroom's invincibility runs out. Samus wins this one.

EDIT: Well actually Kewkky... Luigi could use the Starman, and the Super Jump from Super Paper Mario. He jumps over mountains with that jump, he'll be reaching Samus' ship as well.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
It will not be minimum, that's silly, it's always an instant KO.

Though she could probably dodge starman though.
Bowser takes a few hits from the Mega Mushroom. Samus easily could do the same. Besides, Samus has been stomped on by bigger looking things than Mega Luigi.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I dunno... Mega Luigi and Super Jump are all assuming Samus isn't high enough. She could stall out of reach up in the outer atmosphere until Luigi's timers run out, then go back down and bomb. In her ship, she has this in the bag.

Lovely

Smash Lord
♣ Mega Mushroom is instant death, only thing that counters it is the Starman. ♥

♣ On New Super Mario Bros. DS you can just Hulk over every Boss in the game. >.< ♥

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Bowser still takes like... 3 hits from it. Or well, technically he could tank 2 hits, the 3rd one kills him. <_< I think we can agree that Samus and Bowser have similar awesome defences.

The Mega Mushroom might hit Samus once, maybe twice out of confusion. But then, she'd be escaping with Speed Booster, and then Luigi can't possibly catch her.'

I'm not for hit and run tactics... But this isn't exactly running away, cause the Speed Booster is more of an offensive option for Samus than defensive. She'd hit Luigi hard when his Mega Mushroom is running out. Besides, wouldn't the Ice Beam still freeze Mega Luigi?

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
♣ Mega Mushroom is instant death, only thing that counters it is the Starman. ♥
Let's see... A Mega Koopa needs a couple of hits to finish off the main characters, but Mega Characters can kill a Mega Koopa in one hit. Why is this?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Mega Luigi is invincible, so yeah... I guess Phazon wouldn't do damage. Likely, I'd still **** Luigi up from inside, but lets just pretend he can bear with it as long as he's Mega.

... Which is about, 15 seconds or so?

Samochan

Smash Master
Why would Samus be on her ship in the first place? >_> She takes down Kraid with simple power beam alone, she doesn't need her ship to shoot down mega mushroom Luigi (which is not infinite either, neither is starman). Also, isn't mega mushroom locking the player in place to ram through the stage and not being able to do much else cept jump and all, and anyways Mega mushroom is not a collectible item they can carry with them on New Super Mario bros DS, but you get it from jumping at blocks, while on the Wii version they carry around some items and suits (though starman seems to be rare). Non-carriable items you get from environment is a no-go, there are no blocks around and samus doesn't get ammo or health either, nor does anyone else.

Basically, go hyper mode, tank and start shooting Luigi whenever he's out of his starman, perhaps pump him full of phazon (lol), speed boost + screw attack + simple quick dashes to dodge stuff and be otherwise invulnerable against his assaults (she can dodge meta ridley ramming at her and can use many dashes in succession), use her various equipment like boost ball to lol roll away real quick and power bombs to deal massive damage, ice spreader to freeze luigi in place so he couldn't even move around (and shatter him with missile if he happens to be small, rofl), omega cannon to ohko luigi if no starman... he can't use 2 items in tandem can he? <_>

Lovely

Smash Lord
Bowser still takes like... 3 hits from it. Or well, technically he could tank 2 hits, the 3rd one kills him. <_< I think we can agree that Samus and Bowser have similar awesome defences.

The Mega Mushroom might hit Samus once, maybe twice out of confusion. But then, she'd be escaping with Speed Booster, and then Luigi can't possibly catch her.'

I'm not for hit and run tactics... But this isn't exactly running away, cause the Speed Booster is more of an offensive option for Samus than defensive. She'd hit Luigi hard when his Mega Mushroom is running out. Besides, wouldn't the Ice Beam still freeze Mega Luigi?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r55BPwVGQkc

♣ Be-lieve-me-now? Bowser Jr didn't die because you have to stun him than attack him while he's on the ground, (strange, when I played, Bowser Jr died instantly). ♥

♣ I'm not sure if Samus would freeze Luigi in Mega Mushroom form. ♥

Let's see... A Mega Koopa needs a couple of hits to finish off the main characters, but Mega Characters can kill a Mega Koopa in one hit. Why is this?
♣ I'm not sure what you mean, unless it's Mario Kart Wii I haven't seen anyone else but Mario and Luigi use the Mega Mushroom. ♥

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Yes, Mega Mushroom is available. It's at one of those Toad houses iirc. So it's legit.

Luigi can't start out Mega, like he can start out with Fire, or the Shell however. So it's just a 1 time use.

EDIT: Lovely, just saw that vid. Wtf? O_O Never knew that jumping would kill Bowser in 1 hit... I always just walked into him with the Mega Mushroom.

****, Mega Mushroom is overpowered...

I think we might need to fix some match ups now... For now I say, Luigi wins. OHKO'ing Bowser is zomgawesome strong.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Can't she just stall him out of the Mega Mushroom/Starman phase until he's vulnerable again? I seriously doubt that Luigi can go at the speed Samus goes at.

MonchoPR

Smash Rookie
What about the Hyper Beam at the end of Super Metroid??? What about the Ice Beam or the Ice Missiles? The Power Bombs, X-Ray Visor with the Wave Beam... Luigi will not find where to hide... lol. No more to talk... Samus is the best, simply...

Samochan

Smash Master
Yes, Mega Mushroom is available. It's at one of those Toad houses iirc. So it's legit.

Luigi can't start out Mega, like he can start out with Fire, or the Shell however. So it's just a 1 time use.

EDIT: Lovely, just saw that vid. Wtf? O_O Never knew that jumping would kill Bowser in 1 hit... I always just walked into him with the Mega Mushroom.

****, Mega Mushroom is overpowered...

I think we might need to fix some match ups now... For now I say, Luigi wins. OHKO'ing Bowser is zomgawesome strong.
What toad house? <_>

Can you carry this same Mario DS mega mushroom item with you? I only saw you got one from blocks... but I guess there's some item selection you can pick a mega mushroom then? :/

But yea, samus can stall like no other. Boost, hyper mode, dashes, speed booster, screw attack...

Whenever mega mushroom ends, Luigi will end up dead by her various weaponry.

I wonder if mega mushroom could take radiation from either omega cannon or phazon + it's other effects though...

Uffe

Smash Hero
F-zero’s should be seen as canon though…it has two games for the GBA based off of it, in fact they are the newest games for the series: F-Zero: GP Legend and F-Zero: Climax

And those even make references to plenty of the things in the F-Zero anime…Captain Falcon is Jody Summer's brother in both the anime and these two games for example IIRC…

Oh and I like how you guys make such a big deal about this saying it isn’t canon…which is funny…because I’m not the one saying that Diddy Kong; a 90 - 115 pound monkey can take a hit from (at least) a 3,000 pound car traveling at around 1200 kilometers per hour…just because he has eaten some sort of banana…

Oh and w/o looking into Falcon’s anime game canon…and instead looking at his games that came before the anime+games…he still looks like a good fighter…god people robbed his DNA just so they could make a clone of him…

Plus for the 1st game in the F-Zero games…they do have Falcon using his gun + his Falcon Flyer…so if you think Falcon can’t fight:
http://www.replacementdocs.com/download.php?view.1304

Then please…Read the 8 page comic that came with that F-Zero’s Instruction book ^
I agree with a lot of this except the part where F-Zero: Falcon Densetsu is canon. It's not. While many things from the anime can be facts, the show itself isn't canon to the F-Zero series. F-Zero: Falcon Densetsu takes place in the year 2201. That time would be the X era in that time. And I say this because Silver Neelson reveals his age in one of the episodes stating that he's 97 years old.

The video game series itself takes place in the year 2560, GX is roughly estimated around 2571 and Maximum Velocity is 25 year later after the first F-Zero game. Anyway, my point is is that F-Zero: Falcon Densetsu isn't canonical at all, though they do have most facts in that game that'd work with the video game series.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Let's see... If Samus is using Speed Boost, and Luigi doesn't have his Mega Mushroom used until he needs it, and all of a sudden Samus runs towards Luigi (at supersonic speeds), what makes you think Luigi has the time to pull out a mega mushroom, eat it and beat Samus's speed? There is just NO way. She can stall whenever she desires, for how long she desires. She doesn't lose HP or has a timer when she's running, either, whereas Luigi DOES have a timer on his invincible things. Samus wins.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Luigi isn't even as tall as Kraid as I have seen from that video. And from the looks of it, he doesn't cover much distance when he's walking. Is he unable to run at this time? Bowser is about 12' or so tall. Ridley is 18' tall if he stands up on his hind legs. Mother Brain, when it has its head lowered down, is about 20'4" tall. The thing is, we all know size doesn't necessarily mean the an automatic win. This is proven in a variety of video games like Metroid, Zelda, EarthBound, Mega Man. We're going with who has more efficient abilities, and from what I've seen, I'd say Samus could just stall until Luigi is reduced back to normal. To give a picture of how fast Samus could run, let's just say she could cover fifteen football fields in one second. That's 5,519 feet per second, or 1,840 yards per second.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Realism has nothing to do with this really. But yeah, when Speed Boosting Samus outruns Luigi badly. Luigi can't run when Mega indeed, but he's still faster than normal when he's running. Still, Samus is probably faster.

That doesn't mean that Mega Mario / Luigi isn't mad strong though. For a moment I thought that Samus was going to lose...

What about those reserve tanks of Samus? Do they activate if she's killed only?

justaway12

Smash Master
He doesn't need to transform instantly, he still has the Tanooki suit. In NSMB he has been shown to carry one item, in SMB3, he has been shown to carry everything under him though, a bit of a storage problem there.

Though the tanooki suit had to be equipped before the world, so he could come to battle with it and the mega mushroom can be summoned anywhere but it was during that world.

He is in his tanooki suit so Samus can't hurt him, then he transforms.

All of these will ensure that Luigi does not die from that attack, even if he did he has a lot of life shroom, if he gets attack, he will not die.

It's a shame he was the only Mario character without an accesory that prevents OHKO, but he doesn't really need it.

I'm bored now, so I'll just debate awhile, I don't know a lot about Samus, but know I say she loses/tie.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Samus has so many options to kill Luigi it's not even funny. Sniper, speed booster, powerbomb the surrounding floor to make him fall through(or stall until the mushroom/starman gives up, followed by a quick headshot), missiles, smack him in the head with the arm cannon(approached with Hyper mode if nothing else), and so on.

missingnomaster

Smash Lord
Just having a Tanooki suit on doesn't make him invincible. He has to turn into a statue, and if I remember right, he can only stay a statue for a limited time.

justaway12

Smash Master
No, he can stay for as long as he want's, IIRC. it's a coustume, he just can't move.

It's like Kirby vs. Sonic, only Luigi can turns invincible soon after.

It doesn't matter if she kills him with the Speed Booster beause he has lots of Life shrooms.

Samochan

Smash Master
Samus could freeze the statue no? But dunno if his tanokinism stone mode could wear out when frozen though.

If Luigi were to use tanooki suit, he'd render himself incapable of moving around, thus giving samus time to set up anything she wishes and doom poor luigi, because tanoki suit will wear out eventually. :/

Samochan

Smash Master
Wouldn't that be considered deliberate stalling then if Luigi were to just stick to tanoki suit stone mode indefinitely? I think we set up a rule for that, so no stalling draw matches would occur. If samus doesn't attack but just sets up, luigi would forfeith if he were to just try to draw the match by stalling in tanoki suit. :/

But hey, how could a frozen+ shattered, brains imploded, phazon incinerated and radiated enemy be still in condition to fight? <_>; On New super mario bros wii, if you had any life's left, your partner needed to pop your bubble in order to get you back. And in any case, I've never seen life shrooms in mario work as an insta reviver on the games, they're just lives and then you can play the map over as long as you ahve lives left, yet your character can die. I do believe such "lives" thingy is not taken into consideration here, character loses a life and no auto-revive option = game over.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
You said it doesn't wear out. In the game, the Tanuki suit can only be in stone form for a short time(as in it would run out). On top of that, Luigi had to find the suit in the first place(either in Toad houses or in special big block levels).

You really want to be true to their game? Samus runs around to avoid him for 1,000 seconds. Timer runs out. GG Luigi.

Top Bottom