• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros. Canon Tournament! (Mario Vs. ????) - 06/14/10

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Wouldn't meta be able to outstall super sonic out of it with Halberd + teleport + meta quick+ fly? Then beat him close ranged with mach tornado and sword fight (meta's sword is so quick lol, no wonder he's like that on brawl..). 16 mins is kind of a lot though...
Isn't it funny how Metaknight gets his sword right on spot in brawl, and then there are some other characters who aren't given their weapons at all (Ganon being a good example)?

Match-up wise: I personally think Metaknight wins. If Metaknight can stall Super Sonic for a few minutes in Halberd, and then out-stall the time Sonic has remaining via teleporting, he'd then be able to beat normal Sonic in actual combat. Sonic should also be very worn out by then.

justaway12

Smash Master

O rly!?

But seriously, that was just mean of Nintendo xD

I don't imagine Meta-knight being able to stall super-sonic speed, he is going to have to have split-second reflexes, though if he is able to attack Sonic while transforming, that's a different story.

BSP

Smash Legend
Isn't it funny how Metaknight gets his sword right on spot in brawl, and some other characters aren't given their weapons at all (Ganon being a good example).

Match-up wise: I personally think Metaknight wins. If Metaknight can stall Super Sonic for a few minutes in Halberd, and then out-stall the time Sonic has remaining via teleporting, he'd then be able to beat normal Sonic in actual combat. Sonic should also be very worn out by then.
sonic has his super transformation for about 16 minutes, and it shouldn't take him too long to destroy the halberd. Once meta knight is out, he has to run away until sonic's rings run out. Once sonic is normal, it's still an even fight. Sonic still has superior speed( at least running) and he can still stop time (can meta defend himself from a time stop anyway?). That reminds me, does meta get to start the match in the halberd? If not, couldnt sonic just freeze him before he actually gets in?

^^ Sonic takes less than a second to transform IIRC

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
sonic has his super transformation for about 16 minutes, and it shouldn't take him too long to destroy the halberd. Once meta knight is out, he has to run away until sonic's rings run out. Once sonic is normal, it's still an even fight. Sonic still has superior speed( at least running) and he can still stop time (can meta defend himself from a time stop anyway?). That reminds me, does meta get to start the match in the halberd? If not, couldnt sonic just freeze him before he actually gets in?

^^ Sonic takes less than a second to transform IIRC
I'm not sure. Characters may be allowed to start in their vehicle(s) (If they have any), but aren't allowed to start with an ability.

Rkey

Smash Journeyman
If sonic has all the emeralds it's Sonic, but isn't the matchup about MK -Sonic and not MK - Super Sonic? I mean, aren't they all guardians of the emeralds on Angel Island? I'm pretty sure thay have like one each and stuff.

But of course, if Sonic is going to gear up with all the seven emeralds, then I'd say it's piece of cake for him.

Pivot

Godfather
3DS FC
4742-5223-3550
Hard for me to decide because, Meta and Sonic are my mains (marth too, but that isnt the point.) So i'd have to think a bit on that....

Rkey

Smash Journeyman
Hard for me to decide because, Meta and Sonic are my mains (marth too, but that isnt the point.) So i'd have to think a bit on that....
What does that have to do with anything? The characters are not fighting as they are in brawl, and we already know the MK - Sonic matchup from brawl.

WhatIsRaizen?

Smash Ace
Well, I'll just move on till we get a winner.

Vs.

Current Match-Up:
PRINCESS TOADSTOOL Vs. THE KING APE

Peach Vs. Donkey Kong

:peach: Vs. :dk2:

Loser's Round 3, Match 5.

Who will win? YOU decide!

Overall Results

Wins +3:

:ike:, :ness2:, :ganondorf:, :samus2:

Wins +2:

:mario2:, :wolf:, :fox:, :luigi2:, :snake:

Wins +1:

:kirby2:, :pit:, :younglinkmelee:, :toonlink:, :bowser2:, :mewtwo:

Neutral:

:sonic:, :zelda:, :peach:, :metaknight:, :pikachu:, :pt:, :lucario:, :link2:, :diddy:

Loss -1:

:lucas:, :falco:, :roymelee:, :yoshi2:, :dedede:, :dk2:, :marth:, :pichu:

Loss -2:

:jigglypuff:, :zerosuitsamus:, :wario:, :falcon:

Loss -3:

:gw:, :rob:, :olimar:, :popo:

missingnomaster

Smash Lord
Pokemon is a thing people either hate or love. I'm somewhere in between. There are much better series of games nowadays, but Pokemon was awesome when I was younger. Though, I wish the series would change their repeative ways... =/ Same could be said about Fire Emblem, but I see more potential in Fire Emblem being ****ing awesome than Pokemon sadly.

Funny though. Mewtwo beat MetaKnight, MetaKnight will probably beat Sonic, but I can't see Mewtwo winning from Sonic.
I love the concept, but don't like the games as much as I used to. Learning about Competitive Battling kind of ruined it for me. In my opinion it takes most of the fun out it to train pokemon like that, but I know I'd never get far on wi-fi if I didn't...

~~~
Now that I think about it, I can't see how Mewtwo beat Metaknight. He's even larger than Sonic, making his maneuverability in the Halberd even harder, and he has much less destructive capability than Super Sonic. Not to mention he has limited PP...

Sonic totally wins against Metaknight though. Unless the entire Halberd is made of lolwut-indesctructable building materials, Super Sonic could cause enough damage to where the Halberd would be kind of useless, even if it was still flying.

Current matchup: Both characters have a lot of uses of invincibility, DK probably has better ranged attacks than Peach, though Peach has some useful status inducing moves. DK is definitely a lot more dangerous up close, though Peach's parasol would counter that.

I don't know who I think will win this one.

Unknownlight

Smash Journeyman
♣ That doesn't show him crashing to the ship outside but inside, I think he was talking about outside. If he was I would base it off of Sonic Heroes with the Fight with Metal Overlord. ♥
No, it shows him crashing through the ships from the outside. Look more closely: there's a small yellow thing (Super Sonic) that starts blasting through all the ships, destroying nearly all of them (Edit: My bad, he destroys two of them. See 2:03 to 2:15 in the video I posted earlier). Pay attention.

justaway12

Smash Master
Peach can defend every single one of DKs attacks, she most likely isn't taking any damage, I'm pretty sure I'm going to have a debate with Diddy Kong about this, so don't end it quick!

You probably won't, but just in case.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
I apologize for not being present when the Samus match-up was up. I've been away for two and a half weeks, and I'm here until this Sunday. I'm in a program, so that's kind of keeping me busy. Again, I apologize for not being present. I wish I was. I have fun debating this stuff with you guys. So, yeah.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Wow, that's an odd match up, lol. I'll give this cup to Donkey Kong since he is a power house, I'll put him on the league with Bowser.

JOE!

Smash Hero
...ok, this one is really being discussed?

if you guys include items/etc, doenst DK have his invuln from DK64 (as well as his coconut gun..which fires in spurts), orange grenades, plain old herculean strength, and barrels with various things inside them (most likley TNT ones)

what does peach got on him?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Stop Watch is too slow. Really. Stop Watch might be useful in more ranged fights, but why would Donkey Kong keep his range while fighting Peach? He would prefent that.

The Parasol is iffy though. But I think the Soundwave Attack could by pass it, or at least knock her over. It'd stun Peach, and she'd be punched pretty badly. And even if theres no way for DK to harm Peach while she uses the Parasol... He could always just try to pick her up and throw her somewhere against a wall.

Going Bananas is invincibility for DK. If he doesn't want to heal, he can use it 15 times, though Peach is quite a staller, so he'd probably have to heal some time to. Which isn't that bad, cause healing costs less bananas than invincibility anyways.

I think DK wins this one. =)

EDIT: Btw, who won last match up?

missingnomaster

Smash Lord
From what I remember, touching the Parasol causes enemies to be bounced back. Invincibility should probably negate that though.

I really don't have too much information on either side, so I can't do much else for this matchup.

Neither one won. Raizen moved on to keep a steady pace without yet choosing a winner.

justaway12

Smash Master
Stop Watch is too slow. Really. Stop Watch might be useful in more ranged fights, but why would Donkey Kong keep his range while fighting Peach? He would prefent that.
Maybe because he's too slow? It only take 4 seconds.

The Parasol is iffy though. But I think the Soundwave Attack could by pass it, or at least knock her over. It'd stun Peach, and she'd be punched pretty badly. And even if theres no way for DK to harm Peach while she uses the Parasol... He could always just try to pick her up and throw her somewhere against a wall.
She has been attacked by soundwaves, it doesn't work, again throwing her probably won't work as it covers all of her body.

Going Bananas is invincibility for DK. If he doesn't want to heal, he can use it 15 times, though Peach is quite a staller, so he'd probably have to heal some time to. Which isn't that bad, cause healing costs less bananas than invincibility anyways.
If he uses all his bananas on Invinciblity, he can't use it on healing, can he?

WhatIsRaizen?

Smash Ace
Neither one won. Raizen moved on to keep a steady pace without yet choosing a winner.
I'm thinking of giving it a draw.

Super Sonic can infiltrate the Halberd within the 16 mins he's got, and Metaknight would beat Sonic's regular form (unless I'm really missing something here).

PowerBomb

Smash Master
I'm thinking of giving it a draw.

Super Sonic can infiltrate the Halberd within the 16 mins he's got, and Metaknight would beat Sonic's regular form (unless I'm really missing something here).
Meta Knight would lose to both. The only reason why he's able to deal with Sonic is because he has the Halberd.

Speaking of which, how large would the Halberd be? It's extremely big to Kirby, but what about some of the taller characters?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Don't think Sonic is really all that tall as well... And Mach Tornado is mad broken, even in Kirby games. But strenght isn't height, at least... here it shouldn't mather really much. Now that I actually think about it, Sonic would be about Mario's height.

The Halberd would still be bigger than a Arwing (as Fox would be about has big as both Sonic and Mario) and maybe about the size of the Great Fox, and it has a good defense mechanism like I've read somewhere in this thread before.

Could go both ways. But I tend to say that a lot... =/ This thread is making me appriciate Smash more.

Samochan

Smash Master
I watched some super mario rpg where peach apparently got her parasol and things (unless I'm totally wrong)... she could equip only 3 items at time and I think only one was attacking item. Could someone please clarify how many items peach can equip for a match again, or does it not matter on the recurring games?

Cause pokes get limited to certain amount of moves too, even while they learn many many attacks on their own and forget and relearn.

Unknownlight

Smash Journeyman
I still think Sonic would win one-on-one with Meta Knight. Sonic's kinda cheap. The Mach Tornado is kinda like a spinning ball of blades, right? Well, Sonic's homing attack is a spinning ball of spikes...that homes into the enemy (even if that means breaking the law of gravity in the process) and moves at high speed (see Sonic Unleashed; again, it breaks the laws of physics).

Sure, for Mach Tornado vs. Homing Attack, MT would win. But the HA is much more versatile, and Meta Knight can't continue to do the MT forever, Sonic could avoid it until MK tires out.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Just a heads up about the Halberd. Before I left for Thanksgiving, I looked for cut-scenes to see how tall the Halberd would be. I am not sure about the length, but for the height, I used Kirby, who is 8" tall, and I stacked one Kirby on top of another until I had 36 Kirbys. 8 * 36 is 288. So that's 288 inches, and to my surprise and disbelief, that's 24 feet tall. (This is not an accurate way of finding out the actual height.) I'm still having a difficult time accepting this, but I don't know the actual height. I would like to see if I can find another way of doing this to see the height. This is just based off the front part of the Halberd, which is not including the additional height further back. I guess this means other characters would be able to infiltrate the Halberd, maybe. It would depend on the height of the doors. Someone said that the Halberd could not be destroyed from the outside, but I would like sources to back this up. Otherwise I call BS on it.

tocador

Smash Lord
Just a heads up about the Halberd. Before I left for Thanksgiving, I looked for cut-scenes to see how tall the Halberd would be. I am not sure about the length, but for the height, I used Kirby, who is 8" tall, and I stacked one Kirby on top of another until I had 36 Kirbys. 8 * 36 is 288. So that's 288 inches, and to my surprise and disbelief, that's 24 feet tall. (This is not an accurate way of finding out the actual height.) I'm still having a difficult time accepting this, but I don't know the actual height. I would like to see if I can find another way of doing this to see the height. This is just based off the front part of the Halberd, which is not including the additional height further back. I guess this means other characters would be able to infiltrate the Halberd, maybe. It would depend on the height of the doors. Someone said that the Halberd could not be destroyed from the outside, but I would like sources to back this up. Otherwise I call BS on it.
If you want to measure halberd, just use freegin brawl. Its bigger than grey fox. So why this sudden "halberd is tiny/weak" thing?

Alphatron

Smash Champion
The Halberd was huge in Kirby Super Star too. If you've seen Dynablade before, then you should know this. The Halberd makes her look almost petite in comparison in that game.

Also, DK should really win this. I don't see how the parasol can defend against everything he has...unless we're going by pure game mechanics...in which case Peach is invincible to the entire cast.

missingnomaster

Smash Lord
I recall Peach being placed really high in the last thread. I believe it was in part because she does have a "perfect defense".

I'm pretty sure there are other things that aid her defense significantly as well, but I don't know what right now.

justaway12

Smash Master
The Halberd was huge in Kirby Super Star too. If you've seen Dynablade before, then you should know this. The Halberd makes her look almost petite in comparison in that game.

Also, DK should really win this. I don't see how the parasol can defend against everything he has...unless we're going by pure game mechanics...in which case Peach is invincible to the entire cast.

She does have a perfect defence though.

It really doesn't matter at all anyway, she won't need to use it, invincibilty to DK causes OHKO right? the same as his guitar, she has an accessory to prevent OHKO, she can send him to sleep as well, just before he attacks.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Wouldn't say DK's offense is perfect, but it's at least pretty straight forward. If he can catch Peach ofguard, he's got her. That's the least you can say. Going Bananas and loads of stamina helps DK with this, as he'll be invincible and even if he'd get hurt... he's got enough stamina to tank most hits.

About the Parasol... There might be ways around that for Donkey Kong. Here in this vid, you'll see him fighting all other "Kongs" from Jungle Beat. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJee9vORgIY He has to break defenses pretty often, and his reflexes are good enough to act quick.

There's also the Sound Wave attack, which would stun Peach temporary leaving her open to get attacked.

Now that I think about it... DK shouldn't have lost to Link, cause likely DK can outstall Link's invincibility and he'd have no magic left to use Din's Fire. 15 uses of Going Bananas and 6 Crystal Stars could be enough to leave Link without magic.

EDIT: Never played Mario vs Donkey Kong, but it isn't canon right? Cause I'm checking out the boss battles against DK now. Theres one perticular fight where you just throws barrels out of nowhere. Wonder if he could do the same here.

justaway12

Smash Master
But she has a better defence, her defence stood up to much greater things, it is a perfect defence, as Missingnomaster said.

You said yourself, she can stall him quite well, until he runs out of bananas.

That's a status effect, stunning I mean, she has an accessory for that, she also has been attacked by sound waves before, and could defend against that quite easily.

I really don't see how she can get close, when she send enemies to sleep.
She could do the same with DK.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Why would DK use up all his invincibility if he sees no way around Peach's parasol? He'd try to create a way around the parasol I'm thinking. Also, attacks bounce of from the parasol, but what if Peach was grabbed and tossed around?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
But most of those Paper Mario items require some ... thing to do first. They don't activate instantly. Freezing time is a weird game mechanic, and using the item leaves Peach wide open.

So, if she wants to go offensive, instead of a time freeze... DK activates Going Bananas and can attack Peach at free will.

Top Bottom