• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros. Canon Tournament! (Mario Vs. ????) - 06/14/10

PowerBomb

Smash Master
I think Peach should win this one, actually. If she has a lot of auto-activating Life Shrooms, then she can stall Ness out.

REL38

Smash Lord
But what does Peach have to hurt Ness?

Her Parasol is her best defense against all of Ness' attacks.
PK Counter can be tanked and healed to hurt Ness.

She could potentially plank long enough to exhaust all of Ness' PP and attack when he's vulnerable.

Samochan

Smash Master
@Samo

Whoops.
I was thinking of Dark Commandos :/
But the Dark Burst had trouble budging the large "Destroyers?"(the guys who had dark/light absorbing balls for hands)
It's safe to assume Bowser weighs plenty more to resist being sucked in.
Which is what I said. :p Albeit it ohkos other enemies it cannot suck in. But originally darkburst was discussed against ganondorf, however I did make a mention of sucking the star rod instead lol.

Also, Star Rod invincibility did not take 8 seconds at all.
I'd link a vid, but I'm using my phone :/
I checked and rechecked it from a video. <_> 3-4 seconds for the invincibility to appear, 7-8 seconds for the invincibility to become complete. You can still see the star rod sending energy to him and those star shaped things surrounding him after the light burst from star rod.

@Imperialist
I'm still iffy about the Imperialist OHKO'n via headshot.
I don't remember it quite like that when I owned the game.
Regardless, Justaway says there's an equip preventing OHKO moves in SMRPG.
Imperialist could be classified as an ohko move, such as fissure and horn drill on pokemon, cause it ohkos on default, regardless of defence, hp etc... but actual moves that kill in one hit cause they are just powerful and/or aim at critical point etc., not 1-hit ko by default, are not ohko moves and anti-ohko items wouldn't prevent one getting pwned in one hit, such as sturdy ability prevents ohko moves but doesn't protect against powerful blows.

http://www.mariowiki.com/Instant_death

Safety badge (for example):"Prevents Mute and Poison attacks. In actuality, it is the same as the Safety Ring and nullified all status ailments, including instant death."

Jinx Belt: "Jinx's emblem of power! Note: Nullifies instant death. "

So Bowser could still be killed instantly by X-ray + Nova beam combo to the brain, as nova beam is not an instant death weapon (for example).

justaway12

Smash Master
I'm positive if the attack is too much for you, it still doesn't work.

I'll check tommorow...or later.

Remember there is a lot of stuff the description doesn't say, for example Peach can heal herself, but her description say 1 ally.

Oh and Samochan, you haven't replied to my post yet.

Samochan

Smash Master
I'm positive if the attack is too much for you, it still doesn't work.

I'll check tommorow...or later.

Remember there is a lot of stuff the description doesn't say, for example Peach can heal herself, but her description say 1 ally.

Oh and Samochan, you haven't replied to my post yet.
Nope, OHKO moves are classified as special moves, learned by certain enemies. OHKO moves in general ignore defensive factors and somewhat affiliated with statuses (on final fantasy series as well). On SMRPG you can blunt instant deathing by pressing a at the right time during an attack, leaving you with either 1 hp or all hp. Normal moves are normal moves and take defensive factors into account.

Erm, what post again? <_>;

I read up descriptions and it says one party member, so it includes herself.

I'm wondering however where does the fact that her parasol is unbreakable even come from. From her weapon listing, it's an attack that "inflicts serious pain" with +50 attack plus. Where's is that ultimate defence? <_> Was it from Super Paper Mario then?

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
But what does Peach have to hurt Ness?

Her Parasol is her best defense against all of Ness' attacks.
PK Counter can be tanked and healed to hurt Ness.

She could potentially plank long enough to exhaust all of Ness' PP and attack when he's vulnerable.
What if you buy some Super Plush Bears? Each one has 400 HP. If Peach attacks you automatically hurt the bear instead of Ness.

Then he can use a Pair of Dirty Socks, it'll makes an enemy sick and they cannot attack. Though, it's gone after 1 use.

Or he can just buy a Bag of Dragonite, turns you into a Dragon and you attack everything, haha. The amount of money you get in this game is ridiculous, so you could buy a lot of those and not even use PSI.

THEN he can start using PSI after all of this. Eh...I don't feel like going into other items..

justaway12

Smash Master
Nope, OHKO moves are classified as special moves, learned by certain enemies. OHKO moves in general ignore defensive factors and somewhat affiliated with statuses (on final fantasy series as well). On SMRPG you can blunt instant deathing by pressing a at the right time during an attack, leaving you with either 1 hp or all hp. Normal moves are normal moves and take defensive factors into account.

I know, but some descriptions are misleading, just so I know, I'll check later, oh and how is that attack not instant death?

Again, as I said, he can teleport.

@Yink: Status effects don't effect Peach, Peach can stall attack the bears and still stall him out, you were quite vague on the dragon thing.

@Samos edit: IDK, it was a few pages back, I guess @_@

and it was from SPM

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink

I know, but some descriptions are misleading, just so I know, I'll check later, oh and how is that attack not instant death?

Again, as I said, he can teleport.

@Yink: Status effects don't effect Peach, Peach can stall attack the bears and still stall him out, you were quite vague on the dragon thing.
Then here;

Bag of Dragonite: Description: If you sprinkle the powder on one of your friends during battle, that friend turns into a dragon and attacks all enemies. Gone after one use.

Buy Price: $1000
Sell Price: $500

EDIT: Wow I forgot the Bomb

Bomb: Description: Damages an enemy when used during battle. Because of its explosive power, it may effect others besides the target creature. Gone after one use.

Buy Price: $148
Sell Price: $74

GenoGar

Smash Apprentice
Dark beam is not too effective against dark creatures, so you might mean Dark Pirate commandos.
I'm going to assume Ganondorf is a "dark creature" and is a boss so it wouldn't do too much to him.

And lulz, anyone think about Ganondorf simply flicking anything Samus throws at him right back? He can pretty much flick back pure energy bolts.

-

Peach vs Ness:

Is Ness immune to sleep? Peach could just use Sleepytime and put him to sleep... then shove him into a pit of lava or something.

Then there's the whole Stopwatch thing...

Whatever Ness does will be blocked by parasol. If Peach does get hit she can heal herself.

Safety Ring prevents all magical damage that isn't Earth or Neutral(magic). It also blocks status effects. I don't know the elements of Ness' attacks.

Unless Ness can prevent Sleep and Time Stop, I can see Peach winning here... not a spectacular win... but still a win.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
I'm going to assume Ganondorf is a "dark creature" and is a boss so it wouldn't do too much to him.

And lulz, anyone think about Ganondorf simply flicking anything Samus throws at him right back? He can pretty much flick back pure energy bolts.

-

Peach vs Ness:

Is Ness immune to sleep? Peach could just use Sleepytime and put him to sleep... then shove him into a pit of lava or something.

Then there's the whole Stopwatch thing...

Whatever Ness does will be blocked by parasol. If Peach does get hit she can heal herself.

Safety Ring prevents all magical damage that isn't Earth or Neutral(magic). It also blocks status effects. I don't know the elements of Ness' attacks.

Unless Ness can prevent Sleep and Time Stop, I can see Peach winning here... not a spectacular win... but still a win.
He actually has no items that I know of that can prevent sleep. Though, he could use PSI Shield I suppose for Sleep attacks (unless we're not counting PSI)

Though as I stated, yeah I don't see Ness winning. At this part I'd say if they both used Shields that can stop magic, which it looks like they both have it, it'd just come down to Peach getting rid of his PP.

Therefore as far as I know, I think yes, Peach should win (even though I like Ness haha)

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Ganondorf isn't a Dark creature because he's not influenced by the Ing, nor is he part of the Dark Aether world. A small observation I'm making is that what some games might refer to as "dark", might be a completely different "dark" in the other game... In Metroid Prime 2, "Dark" is referred to anti-matter, as well as anything that has to do with the Ing's existence. In LoZ, Dark is referred to "evil". I don't think Ganon would be saved from a powerful anti-matter blast simply because he's from a "dark (evil)" nature.

Anyway, let's save all of this for the official round! Having to say all of this again to be written up in the OP synopsis will be tiring, as well as looking for these posts later.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Peach's parasol actives quick enough to block all Ness' attacks. Though, with stuff as PSI Paralysis Ω and Hypnosis Ω, Ness will quickly get an advantage if he gets an hit in. Flash Ω is also very nice, and potentially an instant kill. Ness can have enough items to replenish PP and HP might he need it, so if it comes to stalling... I believe Ness still will be the winner.

Stop Watch and stuff would be really effective against Ness though. Probably, it'd make his HP drop instantly, without scrolling, and Peach has suprisingly strong attacks. She also has that Lazy Shell I heard about, though I dunno what it does. She also has healing magicz in SMRPG, and if she could somehow continually poision Ness or give him another status effect, this might be a draw.

GenoGar

Smash Apprentice
Peach's parasol actives quick enough to block all Ness' attacks. Though, with stuff as PSI Paralysis Ω and Hypnosis Ω, Ness will quickly get an advantage if he gets an hit in. Flash Ω is also very nice, and potentially an instant kill. Ness can have enough items to replenish PP and HP might he need it, so if it comes to stalling... I believe Ness still will be the winner.

Stop Watch and stuff would be really effective against Ness though. Probably, it'd make his HP drop instantly, without scrolling, and Peach has suprisingly strong attacks. She also has that Lazy Shell I heard about, though I dunno what it does. She also has healing magicz in SMRPG, and if she could somehow continually poision Ness or give him another status effect, this might be a draw.
Well Safety Ring + Lazy Shell pretty much makes her a tank to everything from magic to status effects. The only way you'd get to hurt Peach would be physical blows but Parasol + Lazy Shell would make it ineffective.

Peach could also summon raining Bomb-ombs which is an indirect explosive attack... not sure how Ness could counter it.

But then again, Peach doesn't have anything that could totally take out Ness. She could wack him with a frying pan and throw bomb-ombs all day while remaining totally invincible with the Safety Ring/Lazy Shell... but if Ness can survive that, then it'd be a draw unless Ness' items/healing are limited.

EDIT: Well with Stop watch... that's pretty much GG right there right?

missingnomaster

Smash Lord
Peach has an item that nullifies instant death. And I'm pretty sure Peach can hold a lot more things in her inventory than Ness can. (at least going by SMRPG)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Ness' still has his Guts game mechanic that'll let him keep 1 HP even if he should normally die... But if Peach cannot be status'd, I think she'll come pretty far.

Now just wait till _clinton comes here. We sure are gonna hear something about free control of time and space again. :p

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Ganondorf isn't a Dark creature because he's not influenced by the Ing, nor is he part of the Dark Aether world. A small observation I'm making is that what some games might refer to as "dark", might be a completely different "dark" in the other game... In Metroid Prime 2, "Dark" is referred to anti-matter, as well as anything that has to do with the Ing's existence. In LoZ, Dark is referred to "evil". I don't think Ganon would be saved from a powerful anti-matter blast simply because he's from a "dark (evil)" nature.

Anyway, let's save all of this for the official round! Having to say all of this again to be written up in the OP synopsis will be tiring, as well as looking for these posts later.
I could use that very same logic back at you.

Just as how you described "dark", "light" may not refer to the same thing in other games.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink

Those can work but don't forget her umbrella. Not to mention Flash misses a lot... Also there's never a time I know of where you don't have scrolling HP (from what I remember), it just scrolls, no matter if you take mortal damage or not.

She can heal, he can heal, Ness has a charm for poison, and just about anything except sleep actually but you can use a shield for that.

If Peach doesn't win, I'd say it's a draw.

EDIT: Diddy_Kong haha, I was waiting for him to come in here actually! :laugh:

Samochan

Smash Master
I really dunno about the parasol... what has she blocked with it again? <_> There's one fight I watched, Peach against Mimi (lol one of Count Bleck's most loyal minion, late game enemy) where the player didn't even need to use her parasol cause all she had to do was jump atop that enemy and use couple of items. Another version where she actually used it to block a whirling spider Mimi attatched with sorta rupees it throws, which you can pick up and throw at her, then some rupee wall thingy. For some reason, attacks make her bounce in her parasol... but really, if this is the extent of strenght of the enemies she has actually faced and if this is where we are basing this.. indestructable, unbrekable, undefeatable parasol on... I'll just say "game mechanics". Heck, even her feet are visible when she puts her parasol up, but the parasol itself has never been depicted with having some magical powers on it (well aside from Perry, but that's different from her usual parasol she uses) and when you are hit, you somehow bounce atop ground for whatever reason. You are just able to uh, defend against enemies with the parasol, it is never stated parasol is indestructible. >_> So basing parasol's unbreakability and things to a game where her enemies get killed by jumping onto them and attack her on whirling edged frizbee form, where it never says it's unbreakable and where she otherwise gets kidnapped and later pwned by Dimentio just screams that her enemies are just pathetically weak to even get through her parasol/game mechanic.

One could say she's capable of defending against some physical blows... but unbreakable parasol? So game mechanic. And definitely not working against non-physical attacks, she was going to get hypnotised even in Bleck's castle and was only able to frown till she was randomly saved.

If parasol is unbreakable, peach should also bounce every single time she's hit. With rapid fire, she could be shot to the moon perhaps and then would die from lack of oxygen. Or you could just move her around cause she becomes entirely unmobile herself, but apparently can bounce a lot from enemy attacks. I wonder if she's capable of even defending herself when not atop ground lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCzIuOjpD-8

Mimi's veeery powerful. =D

justaway12

Smash Master
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOHFHNvyLLU

She has been defended by a gaint robot.

Dimentio doesn't count, she was trapped in a box, she couldn't get out, and she was in shock besides, it was a transport thing, it never breaks, it was hit by a gaint robot, a lot of kunai, etc. etc.

Lets not forget those Ruppes are sort of raser sharp.

She won't die from lack of oxygen, because she has went there before in SPM.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Those can work but don't forget her umbrella. Not to mention Flash misses a lot... Also there's never a time I know of where you don't have scrolling HP (from what I remember), it just scrolls, no matter if you take mortal damage or not.

She can heal, he can heal, Ness has a charm for poison, and just about anything except sleep actually but you can use a shield for that.

If Peach doesn't win, I'd say it's a draw.

EDIT: Diddy_Kong haha, I was waiting for him to come in here actually! :laugh:
I think there was a case where it happens that Ness' HP go down without scrolling. Could be wrong though, but why wouldn't it if time stopped?

Though, I think Ness would be... inteligent enough to not waste to much PP when he sees theres no way around the parasol. He'll have plenty of PP left to heal himself, and PSI Lifeup will restore all health.

But if Peach isn't taking any damage - or at least not much- and she can deal damage to Ness, she should win right? Ness isn't exactly fast, so Stop Watch would work nicely against him.

Though, how many Stop Watches can Peach carry? If there's a limit, or it'd limit Peach's space for healing items she'll still lose. =/

Oh and where you really waiting for me to come in here? :p

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
I think there was a case where it happens that Ness' HP go down without scrolling. Could be wrong though, but why wouldn't it if time stopped?

Though, I think Ness would be... inteligent enough to not waste to much PP when he sees theres no way around the parasol. He'll have plenty of PP left to heal himself, and PSI Lifeup will restore all health.

But if Peach isn't taking any damage - or at least not much- and she can deal damage to Ness, she should win right? Ness isn't exactly fast, so Stop Watch would work nicely against him.

Though, how many Stop Watches can Peach carry? If there's a limit, or it'd limit Peach's space for healing items she'll still lose. =/

Oh and where you really waiting for me to come in here? :p
Oh no I meant I was waiting for clinton, I was laughing that you mentioned it :p

Items would benefit him a lot, and I'm trying to remember, once you do PSI Shield and Shield you never lose them until someone breaks them right? Can Peach do that? (I thought the shields lasted the entire battle).

Either way I'm seriously saying this is a draw.

EDIT: justaway, touche.

Samochan

Smash Master
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOHFHNvyLLU

She has been defended by a gaint robot.

Dimentio doesn't count, she was trapped in a box, she couldn't get out, and she was in shock, it never breaks, it was hit by a gaint robot, a lot of kunai, etc. etc.

Lets not forget those Ruppes are sort of raser sharp.

She won't die from lack of oxygen, because she has went there before in SPM.
Okay, so a giant robot crushes a frail princess holding a parasol jutted to the ground... and she doesn't even flinch? >_> Even more game mechanic. She should've been buried to the ground at the very least by the weight of the attack or the parasol would tip over cause she doesn't have the strenght to keep it up in vertical position against such huge weight, there is very little if at all area to keep the parasol upright.

Then laser just somehow goes through her when she defends. Shouldn't it hit the top of her parasol if it was supposed to defend her or something? <_<

And while the rupees are raser sharp, she just goes and picks 'em up with her hands and starts throwing em. >_>

Also note the information says she's only able to defend, but defence is not infallible. It doesn't say protected, invincible or anything of the sort. She's also able to get hypnotised by Nastasia and pwned by Dimentio and kidnapped by Bowser (again).

justaway12

Smash Master
****! I wrote so much and now it's gone :'(

Well Peach's defence did withstand alot, play SPM, go get hit by anything, see if it hurts, she has even withstood attacks from a man who could have, you know, destroyed the universe, had the power to make black holes, etc.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
IIRC, U-mos says that the Ing are an evil and merciless race or something along those lines. Then he says if the Lumineth fall, the Ing will **** humans and what not.

And if the Dark Beam was really anti-matter, as soon as the game started, a massively huge explosion would ensue, giving Samus a draw.

But that's realism, so eh.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Also note the information says she's only able to defend, but defence is not infallible. It doesn't say protected, invincible or anything of the sort. She's also able to get hypnotised by Nastasia and pwned by Dimentio and kidnapped by Bowser (again).
This changes a lot, I think this would lean more in favor of Ness now.

Too bad Peach has that item to keep her from having a OHKO, PSI Flash would've been handy.

(Still thinking this'll turn out to be a draw...)

Top Bottom