• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros. Canon Tournament! (Mario Vs. ????) - 06/14/10

GenoGar

Smash Apprentice
Peach with Safety Ring, Lazy Shell, and her Parasol makes her impervious to anything Ness hits her with. The only things that can hurt Peach in this case is Neutral Magic, Earth magic (same thing), and physical blows (very weak).

If Ness does manage to scratch her, Peach can use her healing powers on herself.

The only hope Ness has it seems... is to make it a draw by pulling some sort of invincibility out of his ***.

But it's not like Peach is that strong anyway... the only time I've ever been shocked at Peach's strength was her parasol guard in SPM and her Down Smash in Melee. If Ness can somehow block raining Bomb-ombs and block Sleep... then it'd be a draw.

-

But... If Ness is put to sleep by Sleepytime and is hit in the face with a Frying Pan... what would happen? Would he be put out cold by the sheer force of a frying pan... or receive 8 damage or w/e BS game mechanic there is and brush it off.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Peach with Safety Ring, Lazy Shell, and her Parasol makes her impervious to anything Ness hits her with. The only things that can hurt Peach in this case is Neutral Magic, Earth magic (same thing), and physical blows (very weak).

If Ness does manage to scratch her, Peach can use her healing powers on herself.

The only hope Ness has it seems... is to make it a draw by pulling some sort of invincibility out of his ***.

But it's not like Peach is that strong anyway... the only time I've ever been shocked at Peach's strength was her parasol guard in SPM and her Down Smash in Melee. If Ness can somehow block raining Bomb-ombs and block Sleep... then it'd be a draw.

-

But... If Ness is put to sleep by Sleepytime and is hit in the face with a Frying Pan... what would happen? Would he be put out cold by the sheer force of a frying pan... or receive 8 damage or w/e BS game mechanic there is and brush it off.
Okay, for sleep Ness has PSI Shield. So scratch that.

As for the Bombs he has normal Shield...then can lifeup or use items for health.

Ness still has the roulette system and can use LifeUp Omega and get all his health back and also because of Guts he won't die, it protects you from dying....

He has PSI ROCKIN' Omega which is determined in Earthbound anyways as a Neutral Magical attack so there's your magic attack for Peach and his physical attacks depend on his weapon...

Honestly this is a huge draw, they could just attack and defend forever, or just DEFEND FOREVER. Between Peach with her items and Ness with his items to restore PP and HP and everything they'd just keep defending. I call it a draw now, I have nothing else to say unless Peach gets some random flaw that someone finds.

She would offer Ness tea...with HCl acid in it.
You win the thread, good sir.

BSP

Smash Legend
heh, missed the matchup. See thats why i said it was too fast Raizen, we had 3 whole pages of discussion, and avoided some "how did ness run over peach like that?" or something.

I forgot about SMRPG item list, it's like 30 or something.

Ness can counter the bombs but Ness doesn't learn PSI shield. He can't block Peach's sleep unless he has equipment that does so.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
heh, missed the matchup. See thats why i said it was too fast Raizen, we had 3 whole pages of discussion, and avoided some "how did ness run over peach like that?" or something.

I forgot about SMRPG item list, it's like 30 or something.

Ness can counter the bombs but Ness doesn't learn PSI shield. He can't block Peach's sleep unless he has equipment that does so.
Ah you're right! I forgot I just saw that a second ago AS I WAS PLAYING EARTHBOUND. Yikesssss.

You can increase his luck though and he can dodge. (use the Luck Capsule item to increase his luck)

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Ah you're right! I forgot I just saw that a second ago AS I WAS PLAYING EARTHBOUND. Yikesssss.

You can increase his luck though and he can dodge.
But then there's the off-chance that her items might NOT miss, and then Ness is doomed.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
But then there's the off-chance that her items might NOT miss, and then Ness is doomed.
I think of it like Pokemon, if you keep using an attack that lowers accuracy then it gets harder to hit the other trainer's pokemon. If you keep using the Luck Capsule his luck keeps increasing and it gets harder to hit him.

Then again I'm not expert at Earthbound or anything...haha.

BSP

Smash Legend
But, even if ness can't block sleep, what's the worst peach can do before he wakes up? Ness can counter her bombs, and he still has rolling life. I'd still say it is a draw.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Still wanting to know if anyone replied to my post about Kirby vs Fox............... ._.

Anyways, PK.... Rockin? =P

BSP

Smash Legend
Viper, is MK's dimmensional cape infinite in his games? or does he have lag time?

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Still wanting to know if anyone replied to my post about Kirby vs Fox............... ._.

Anyways, PK.... Rockin? =P
PK / PSI Rockin' is Ness' best move. You can name it whatever in the games though. You could make it PSI AWSUM or something if you wanted. :p

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
I didn't think about this till just now... Ness is god tier due to bag of dragonite, assisted by his psi powers...

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Viper, is MK's dimmensional cape infinite in his games? or does he have lag time?
I'm really not sure. Meta Knight only uses his Dimensional Cape for escapes.

let's not forget about the monkey's love
>.<

PK / PSI Rockin' is Ness' best move. You can name it whatever in the games though. You could make it PSI AWSUM or something if you wanted. :p
I could never bring up a name. =P

xyt

Smash Lord
right.. but you guys chose to do samus and zero suit samus seperately
why are you then leaving sheik out?
she's a playable character with a different move set.

_clinton

Smash Master
... I think we should leave the Dragon out of this thread. It's too complicated, and never used in the game (in reality, it never affects Lucas' battle system, so why would we use it in battles here? The only time it's used is in the storyline, and all it does is end the world, but make everyone survive, even the bad guys. So, what it would do here in this thread, is destroy the battlefield, but both characters are still unharmed).
It doesn’t matter if the “dragon” is never used in game…even though there is by far more than one example of what Lucas’ power would be like with the power on (Ness by end game)

The thread is called: If characters were true to their games…

Lucas gets the power of the earth…which is shown to **** with everything including the rules…(check #7895) where I give more info on the connection between Lucas and his powers)

And again…the only reason why people lived at the end of the game is because of what Lucas is like…oh and as for the bad guy part…you are aware that there is no 100% evil being in Mother’s canon right? Mother isn’t like the other stock games in this area…where things are either good or evil…Itoi pretty much made sure his stuff wasn’t simple like that…

All this talk about Ike surviving the most ******** situations due to the blessing is facepalming: there's lots of ways you can kill something, without actually harming it...
Thank you

Ganondorf could be beaten by sumbission, but never killed.
Actually…he has been killed more times than he has been sealed…check another post of mine to see...#7901

Wrong. Pork Bean only hovers over the ground, and is nevver shown to fly. If mr. saturns pork n beans is that bird cage thing, he's gonna get shot down pretty fast....
Pork n’ Beans has been shown to fly…said army has shown that they can fly…and Mr. Saturn pork n’ beans isn’t the bird cage thing…if you go back to Saturn Valley after beating it…The Mr. Saturn say that they have made an upgrade to the Pork ‘n Beans

Oh and I like how you didn’t comment about the other things I said Lucas could do to blast that stupid ship out of the sky…

Blaze used the SOL emeralds…
And the SOL emeralds are just the chaos emeralds only in a different “world”

According to the game script for Mother 3…which I have posted like 8 times at least…the island is only there because of the power protecting it is there…

The island in just the 2nd part of the game…where you start playing as Duster…shows that it can screw with life…because things like ghosts live there...only because of the power…

And Giygas has brought fear to more than just one town by making Zombies (Threed for example)…with the promise that he could restore their life…

i just said the emeralds are stronger
Again…that is BS though at least when it comes to Mother…because both games have quoted that the powers of the main characters are universal threats…

Is there a way we can measure each 'god's' power?
Um…yeah…you didn’t get that example each time I’ve showed it?

1. What type of god power do they have protecting them? Someone who has a blessing is a bit worse off than another character who is a god IMO
2. What is the god power anyway? Someone that can destroy everything/universe and make order is a bit better than only someone who can destroy…

Also…in regards to the Peach vs. Ness match…

Peach’s umbrella has only been shown to absorb blows from a physical situation…it shows no proof that she will take a telepathic attack/TK attack

Safty Ring’s protection from the elements is a nice thing…too bad Ness is packing more than just that…

Also…you people quoting that stop watch will work really need to check again…the foe that uses time stop on Ness is a foe that isn’t even at the games ½ mark…Ness gets a lot more powerful as the game goes on…but even before the ½ mark…he is fighting foes that stop time…what does that say about Ness’ foes?

I’m thinking it’s sort of unfair that you think it would be ok to throw a level 100 Peach vs. a level 30 at the best Ness…but to be fair…you guys do like to limit Ness and Lucas it seems on purpose…so I’m not really caring anymore…

But what does Peach have to hurt Ness?
Nothing…her status affects of mute/sleep won’t work because of Ness’ equipment protecting him from sleep, and he is mute to begin with so I don’t see how that is going to affect his concentration, she can only strike physically because of what her SMRPG stuff is…

She could potentially plank long enough to exhaust all of Ness' PP and attack when he's vulnerable.
Yeah…btw about the parasol…Ness can tame mountain size foes with a baseball bat…and Peach’s parasol does have knock back if hit and has shown not to be 100% affective vs. all types of damage (she gets knocked off a cliff in SPM she is taking damage even if the parasol was protecting her)

Just saying…I think Ness’ physical hits can hurt when he hits hard enough to the point where a sword/laser gun is weaker…

Now just wait till _clinton comes here. We sure are gonna hear something about free control of time and space again. :p
You are trying to pass up a game mech as fact...yet when I show proof that Ness' foes have free control over time/space and yet still Ness is stronger than them (and I even give a few quotes from Mother 3 showing that time control is a psychic power) you think I'm going being farfetched?

Well Peach's defence did withstand alot, play SPM, go get hit by anything, see if it hurts, she has even withstood attacks from a man who could have, you know, destroyed the universe, had the power to make black holes, etc.
That foe you are talking about would have ate Mario, Peach, and Bowser for lunch had it not been harmed by "final boss" syndrome...and became a lot weaker just so that he could be harmed…

She would offer Ness tea...with HCl acid in it.
Lol…I like you as well ^_^

Ness has been shown not to be able to resist the offer of tea, coffee, and magic cake…unless you the player select no (in the coffee, and tea situation anyway…but stat wise…Peach making a cake is going to **** Ness over…and then he is going to create a land in the clouds because of his psychic powers being out of control)

justaway12

Smash Master

Peach’s umbrella has only been shown to absorb blows from a physical situation…it shows no proof that she will take a telepathic attack/TK attack
Not just physical blows, sound wave as well.

Nothing…her status affects of mute/sleep won’t work because of Ness’ equipment protecting him from sleep, and he is mute to begin with so I don’t see how that is going to affect his concentration, she can only strike physically because of what her SMRPG stuff is…
Don't forget it's the same with Ness, just sayin'

Yeah…btw about the parasol…Ness can tame mountain size foes with a baseball bat…and Peach’s parasol does have knock back if hit and has shown not to be 100% affective vs. all types of damage (she gets knocked off a cliff in SPM she is taking damage even if the parasol was protecting her)
No she would not, if she falls down it would, but she can also glide on her parasol (if that's the right word)

Just saying…I think Ness’ physical hits can hurt when he hits hard enough to the point where a sword/laser gun is weaker…
Yet Peach fought more powerful attacks.

You are trying to pass up a game mech as fact...yet when I show proof that Ness' foes have free control over time/space and yet still Ness is stronger than them (and I even give a few quotes from Mother 3 showing that time control is a psychic power) you think I'm going being farfetched?
I'm not really part of your converstion, so I don't know what your talking about, mind explaning?

That foe you are talking about would have ate Mario, Peach, and Bowser for lunch had it not been harmed by "final boss" syndrome...and became a lot weaker just so that he could be harmed…
Even in "invincible" mode, she could still defend from him.

I'm talking about Count Bleck, BTW.

Lol…I like you as well ^_^

Ness has been shown not to be able to resist the offer of tea, coffee, and magic cake…unless you the player select no (in the coffee, and tea situation anyway…but stat wise…Peach making a cake is going to **** Ness over…and then he is going to create a land in the clouds because of his psychic powers being out of control)
That rejection is player controlled.
If he creates a land in the clouds, then it's a tie =P

REL38

Smash Lord
It doesn’t matter if the “dragon” is never used in game…even though there is by far more than one example of what Lucas’ power would be like with the power on (Ness by end game)

The thread is called: If characters were true to their games…

Lucas gets the power of the earth…which is shown to **** with everything including the rules…(check #7895) where I give more info on the connection between Lucas and his powers)

And again…the only reason why people lived at the end of the game is because of what Lucas is like…oh and as for the bad guy part…you are aware that there is no 100% evil being in Mother’s canon right? Mother isn’t like the other stock games in this area…where things are either good or evil…Itoi pretty much made sure his stuff wasn’t simple like that…

I ask you, is it downright said Lucas destroyed (automatically out of character for Lucas) and recreated the isles/world?
I've seen a Let's Play of Mother 3 (I adored storyline), but I've seen absolutely no indication Lucas was the who, indeed, destroyed and recreated everything.
The Dragon did that, being a physical being or spirit or w/e.

So I ask, why would the characters along with him: Duster, Kumatora, Boney and Flint not comment at all about the amazing and cosmic feat Lucas just accomplished?

It makes absolutely no sense as to why this is so.
Lucas and party have been shown to display gratitude and thanks for what they've accomplished for one another and others throughout the game and I'm expected to believe they would have nothing to say to Lucas after such an amazing feat?
I find that extremely difficult to believe.

Pork n’ Beans has been shown to fly…said army has shown that they can fly…and Mr. Saturn pork n’ beans isn’t the bird cage thing…if you go back to Saturn Valley after beating it…The Mr. Saturn say that they have made an upgrade to the Pork ‘n Beans

Given
Pork n' Beans does fly. It happened while the Pig Mask Army was being introduced to the plot.
But it could be said Lucas and pals don't know how to actually fly it as they never managed to do that. Just a possible rebuttle.
Also, exactly what was different with the Mr. Saturn Pn'B?

If Lucas managed to fly one, it will very well be shot down from all of the heavy artillery the Halberd posseses.
The Pn'B has been shown to be destroyed from ramming into a wall. Doesn't sound very durable.
Lucas can't possibly dodge these weapons. He's shown no 'pro aircraft' skills to avoid heavy artillery and thusly would be shot down and back to square one.

Unable to harm the Halberd.

Oh and I like how you didn’t comment about the other things I said Lucas could do to blast that stupid ship out of the sky…

The Halberd can only be destroyed via the core reactor.
Any attacks to the hull wouldn't even scrape it.
Also, what attacks does Lucas have that can possibly reach the airship that's thousands of feet in the air?
I mean out of his actual moveset, not assumed abilities.

Regardless, if he wants to bring down the Halberd then he must board it.
But that's not happening from what I've previously stated.

According to the game script for Mother 3…which I have posted like 8 times at least…the island is only there because of the power protecting it is there…

The island in just the 2nd part of the game…where you start playing as Duster…shows that it can screw with life…because things like ghosts live there...only because of the power…

And Giygas has brought fear to more than just one town by making Zombies (Threed for example)…with the promise that he could restore their life…

iirc the Pig Mask Army kicked the ghosts out.
The ghosts were gone even before the Needle is pulled.
If you were suggesting the Needle gave ghosts the ability to inhabit and live in Osoe Castle (think that's how you spell it >_<) then how is Beethoven (?) Ghost still there after the Needle is pulled from there?

What's Giygas gotta do with this?

Again…that is BS though at least when it comes to Mother…because both games have quoted that the powers of the main characters are universal threats…

According to respective game canon, Invincibility/blessed equals impervious to any and all attacks. Universal would fall under "any and all".
In regards to Ike, unless his entire body is blessed, then he has blatant openings (head, legs, arms).

1. What type of god power do they have protecting them? Someone who has a blessing is a bit worse off than another character who is a god IMO
2. What is the god power anyway? Someone that can destroy everything/universe and make order is a bit better than only someone who can destroy…

1. If the "godly" power protecting them guarantees imperviousness to any and all attacks, then it's expected to do such. Even against other "god-like" characters.
Also, unless Ike's entire body is blessed then he's screwed.

2. The definition of "god-like beings/sentinents" varies amongst different games.
It's more subjective to game canons.

Does Ness mindrape enemies in Earthbound?
If not, then no.

Safty Ring’s protection from the elements is a nice thing…too bad Ness is packing more than just that…

Parasol[/B]

Also…you people quoting that stop watch will work really need to check again…the foe that uses time stop on Ness is a foe that isn’t even at the games ½ mark…Ness gets a lot more powerful as the game goes on…but even before the ½ mark…he is fighting foes that stop time…what does that say about Ness’ foes?

From what I've heard, Ness has been frozen in time by enemies.
What does that tell ya?
He'll still be frozen in time by StopWatch.

Getting more powerful =/= assumed imperviousness to time stops.

I’m thinking it’s sort of unfair that you think it would be ok to throw a level 100 Peach vs. a level 30 at the best Ness…but to be fair…you guys do like to limit Ness and Lucas it seems on purpose…so I’m not really caring anymore…

Doesn't Ness reach lvl 100?
Regardless, like any character here, they're limited to their respective move pools/sets.
Lucas and Ness will still place rather high in the end.
Invincibility dudes are their apparant bain.

What equipment prevents mute/sleep?

Killing giant foes =/= beating impervious parasol
The parasol's only downside is Peach recieving knockback (but no damage) from attacks.
Being knocked off of cliff was the players fault for using it next to a cliff :p

How so?

Does Ness learn PK Mindrape?
Does Lucas learn PK Nuke em' forever?

No.

Saying parasol invulnerability is like saying Imperialist headshot OHKO is also game mech.
It just works that way in-game.

You continually attempt to give the Mother Boys abilities they either don't have or greatly exagerate what they do have.

Ness/Lucas can talk to animals so automatically screw minds via Telekinesis?
It's not evidenced in-game so does not happen (PK Mindrape, that is).
The "problem" people see is how you try to pass assumptions/over-exagerassions as fact.

Giygas would have screwed Ness over.
Paula saved the day through prayers :O

Ganon would also screw Link over.

Bowser in Paper Mario should have given the player the "Game Over" screen after beating Mario at lvl 1 within tge first 10 minutes you start the game.
Sorry for response in quote.
Easiest way to respond >__>

Also, don't expect an actual response for the rest of the day.
I'll be mad busy today so I might post a blurb or something.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
right.. but you guys chose to do samus and zero suit samus seperately
why are you then leaving sheik out?
she's a playable character with a different move set.
This man made a point. Why rule out Sheik if we are doing Zero Suit Samus match ups? Though, there's more things ZSS can do than Sheik. We've only seen Sheik throwing Deku Nuts, getting her *** whooped by the monster of Shadow Temple and teaching Link songs with her harp.

She might be able to use the Light Arrows still, as Zelda gave them to Link in OoT right after she revealed herself.

Also, I'm not opposed of including Charizard, Ivysaur and Squirtle to this. But then again, that's a lot of Pokemon characters...

EDIT: About what Peach could do to Ness when she's put him into sleep. Couldn't she just.. keep on jumping on his head like in SPM? She could do some nasty combos with jumping and her parasol, though it's not really fast or very powerful. She also has some stuffz from Super Princess Peach, though I don't know anything about that game.

_clinton

Smash Master
Not just physical blows, sound wave as well.
Yes…sound waves = PK

Don't forget it's the same with Ness, just sayin'
According to the canon proof that Peach was about to be WTFPWNed and Ness shows no sides of that himself…I have to disagree…Peach is more ****ed according to status…

No she would not, if she falls down it would, but she can also glide on her parasol (if that's the right word)
That isn’t my point…my point is that even when Peach is using the parasol to protect herself…there are things that still harm her…which is proof that the parasol is just a game play mech.

Yet Peach fought more powerful attacks.
You should have read that entire part of the post…Peach isn’t going around taming mountain sized foes like Ness is last I checked

I'm not really part of your converstion, so I don't know what your talking about, mind explaning?
If you only care about the Peach vs. Ness part of the match…then this doesn’t concern you…but if you want to…read on for the rest of the post…

Even in "invincible" mode, she could still defend from him.
Yet…canon wise (as in not game play mechs.) she was ****ed

That rejection is player controlled.
Super serious thread

If he creates a land in the clouds, then it's a tie =P
It’s a reference to Dalaam…and how Ness when he went on that drug trip, his psychic powers in turn went out of control…the fact that Ness’ power is the power of the earth which is shown to create/destroy/and all that jump and how no one knows about Dalaam until after you get Poo seems to be my base for this theory…

I ask you, is it downright said Lucas destroyed (automatically out of character for Lucas) and recreated the isles/world?
Lucas didn’t destroy the world at the end for the last time…

Remember…The island was only there in the 1st place because the power was protecting it…with the power being transferred over to Lucas…the one thing that was protecting the island was no longer there…so of course it’s going to suffer the same fate that the rest of the world did (being destroyed)

I've seen a Let's Play of Mother 3 (I adored storyline), but I've seen absolutely no indication Lucas was the who, indeed, destroyed and recreated everything.
The Dragon did that, being a physical being or spirit or w/e.
So the fact that the game flat out stats that the dragon and the user are reflected onto each other because of PK Love being the power of the dragon isn’t enough proof for you that Lucas did it then?

http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/gbadvance/file/914622/42740

”Lucas, someone besides yourself removed this needle. The dragon of darkness is reflected in his soul.”

PK love is pretty cool huh?

”I'm sure you already know this, but the Dragon of Darkness is said to be reflected in the hearts of those who remove the needles. The strength within strength, the darkness within darkness and the light within light, will enter your soul.”

If you don’t think Lucas didn’t gain the power…I’m sorry but I have to disagree with you when the game stats that the power will enter you…

So I ask, why would the characters along with him: Duster, Kumatora, Boney and Flint not comment at all about the amazing and cosmic feat Lucas just accomplished?
”To put it to ya straight...the moment Lucas pulled out that last needle, I was as scared as a baby. But, I believed in him. I believed him, but that didn't keep my body from feeling like it was going to float away with all the butterflies in my stomach. But everyone, everyone, everyone, is fine! It feels like we recovered something fantastically large."

"I just keep crying and the tears won't stop. What is this feeling?"

"It's my first time to see Kumatora cry. She looks so cute."”

I seems to me like they are aware of what Lucas did…how about that…

Pork n' Beans does fly. It happened while the Pig Mask Army was being introduced to the plot.
But it could be said Lucas and pals don't know how to actually fly it as they never managed to do that. Just a possible rebuttle.
Yet…they can drive it…and it floats above the ground…

Also, exactly what was different with the Mr. Saturn Pn'B?
A Pn’B made by the Mr. Saturn race (as in the same people who made a device that transients time and space, and Porky’s ASC with Dr. Andonuts)

As a thank you gift for Lucas saving them from the Pig Army in chapter 7…to use it you just have to go back into the highway area by the graveyard to see it…

Oh and again…how is MK’s ship going to counter Lucas’ power shield and PK Love blasting him out of the sky?

The Pn'B has been shown to be destroyed from ramming into a wall. Doesn't sound very durable.
Yeah…that seems to be more or less part of the game’s humor…because the thing not only destroys any foe you come in contact with…but it slipped on a banana peel…

I hardly take that cut scene to be serious…based off some of the things Pn’B does do besides that…

The Halberd can only be destroyed via the core reactor.
Any attacks to the hull wouldn't even scrape it.
Also, what attacks does Lucas have that can possibly reach the airship that's thousands of feet in the air?
I like how you think the Halberd is the only flying foe Lucas has fought…oh and while the core reactor needs to be destroyed to take it down fully…it’s hardly the only thing Lucas can target (even though I don’t see him having any issue at all with just focusing his PSI to blow it up with PK love omega)

The wings have been shown to be open to attack for example…

Oh and again…how is MK going to hurt Lucas who is packing more than just a few defensive moves?

iirc the Pig Mask Army kicked the ghosts out.
The ghosts were gone even before the Needle is pulled.
If you were suggesting the Needle gave ghosts the ability to inhabit and live in Osoe Castle (think that's how you spell it >_<) then how is Beethoven (?) Ghost still there after the Needle is pulled from there?
The needle isn’t the power of the earth…it is only the container for the power of the earth…removing the needle only removed 1/7th of the energy that is keeping the island alive…

What's Giygas gotta do with this?
The person who this post was 1st for said that the Chaos Emeralds > Mother’s power…

Even though both of the powers are quoted to be unlimited…

”This island co-exists with an unlimited power.[/QUOTE]

According to respective game canon, Invincibility/blessed equals impervious to any and all attacks. Universal would fall under "any and all".
In regards to Bowser vs. Lucas…If you don’t think the power of the earth is a god power…I think you’d better check again…

Land is regarded as holy/blessed in games/fiction all the time…

1. If the "godly" power protecting them guarantees imperviousness to any and all attacks, then it's expected to do such. Even against other "god-like" characters.
BS…Gods have a pecking order as far as power goes…something like Zeus’ blessing would be more useful than oh say…Ares…

2. The definition of "god-like beings/sentinents" varies amongst different games.
How is destroy/create/change everything in one thing that much harder to interpret from another thing that destroy/create/change?

Does Ness mindrape enemies in Earthbound?
If not, then no.
Stuff like PK Flash, Hypnosis, paralysis are all example of telepathic powers…oh and as far as actual canon goes…considering how Peach was just one step away from being WTF mind controlled…I’d say she is pretty limited without equipment…

Oh and TK isn’t telepathic…

Parasol[/b]
Which is more or less linked to game mechs. really…I still want proof that it protects her from more than just physical means…

Getting more powerful =/= assumed imperviousness to time stops.
Those said foes Ness fights happen to be stronger as well actually…and again…something like Starstorm being a stronger PSI than someone who can stop time (Ionia) should say something IMO…

Regardless, like any character here, they're limited to their respective move pools/sets.
Which is funny…because the powers they happen to be using are quoted to have unlimited power…

Invincibility dudes are their apparant bain.
Diddy Kong is going to be god tier then? Right…

Which is BS…because the thing that powers their invincibility happens (god power) happens to be something Ness/Lucas have access to…

What equipment prevents mute/sleep?
Various arms equipment like for example one that is a product of Ness’ mind…and Ness’ natural talent by end game…

Still want to know how not being able to talk = breaking concentration…

Killing giant foes =/= beating impervious parasol
So…where’s Peach’s proof that she can take a beating from a giant monster?

Last I checked the single foe that gets the mega star in SPM and starts to chase everyone after becoming a giant is still going to **** Peach…

Being knocked off of cliff was the players fault for using it next to a cliff :p
Yet…it’s proof that the Parasol isn’t invulnerable…

Hell…I’m pretty sure Peach’s entire underside is open to attack as well when using it…because landing on spikes=proof of that…

Saying parasol invulnerability is like saying Imperialist headshot OHKO is also game mech.
Actually the Imperialist doesn’t always get a OHKO…plus that is for the multiplayer part of the game…I’m pretty sure the actual canon story for the game says otherwise…

You continually attempt to give the Mother Boys abilities they either don't have or greatly exagerate what they do have.
Ok…here is the fun fact because some people don’t get it for whatever reason…

A…I’m always pointing out before I post something that is debatable that it is a theory…so I don’t know how you get off thinking I’m making things up and passing them off as fact…when I give a disclaimer/make a reference to something..

2nd off…Being able to destroy everything because the game’s script says the power is the power of all powers isn’t exaggerating…if you don’t like it…I’m sorry…but it is in the bloody game’s ****ing script…that isn’t theory at all ok mate? That is actually brought up in the game…

3rd off…concerning “mind ****” it was more or less started as just me joking around with a not very clear reference to Ness’ telepathic abilities…it’s not my fault people didn’t get it

Ness/Lucas can talk to animals so automatically screw minds via Telekinesis?
TK =/= Telepathy…

Giygas would have screwed Ness over.
Paula saved the day through prayers :O
Oh my…another person who doesn’t understand Ness’ role in that fight…and what the prayer really did to Giygas…

EDIT: About what Peach could do to Ness when she's put him into sleep. Couldn't she just.. keep on jumping on his head like in SPM? She could do some nasty combos with jumping and her parasol, though it's not really fast or very powerful. She also has some stuffz from Super Princess Peach, though I don't know anything about that game.
As far as match ups go…I don’t even think 50% of the characters in this thread should be used anyway…having 3 Link's is just BS when they are the same in spirit...and Ness/Lucas are in spirit the same (god...Lucas' ultimate weapon belonged to Ness people...you know....the one he picked up right before you fight Porky)

Characters like ROB, the Ice Climbers, G&W, and Pit shouldn't be talked about as well IMO...because there isn't that much data on them IMO...

As far as this post goes…

A. I’ve already proven that Peach isn’t going to be putting Ness to sleep
B. Last I checked…Sleep is a piss poor status affect anyway except in the pokemon universe…and also…I’m pretty sure Ness wouldn’t stay asleep if someone was jumping on his head…

Samochan

Smash Master
Super princess peach, you have some vibe meter I believe, out of which Rage makes you invincible and peach goes into a ragestorm at her enemies. =D

Vibes should be fairly useful, she could defend and then use rage vibe to get at Ness.

Too lazy to read about vibes thoroughly though.

But yea, parasol doesn't seemingly prevent knockback, further proven by the fact that enemy attacks make her bounce around when hit. She seemingly juts the parasol to the ground so it actually stays in place, but if she lacks the ground to jut it into, she won't be able to use the parasol as a super defence at all and is forced to hold it herself with her very frail hands (as proven when she gets knocked off the cliff and gets damaged). On SPM I believe you're only able to defend while on ground, further supporting this. So to beat her parasol defence, you'd first have to hit/throw her into the air, then one would possibly be able to knock the parasol out of her hands/attack her from directly below/preach her parasol defence/force her out of using parasol defence alltogether.

No defence is infallible. =)

I believe the physical defence, but no special should still be in place. After all, we've seen she only defends mostly against physical ones in SPM and the exception is sound waves but if directed, move along straight path and then if you put an obstacle, bounce away. Magic or psychic attacks do not follow that rule, nor would most other special attacks either (like dimentio pwning the whole group), like status attacks as proven when Nastasia has a freebie to hypnotise her (twice in fact, though with rings she's protected against them but the point still stands). Some attacks can even penetrate defences, the parasol is only there to defend but she herself is not invulnerable to damage while inside parasol.

Wasn't SMRPG done in conjuction with square enix? If so, the rpg setting is fairly similar to that of Final Fantasy, where silence means an opponent is unable to do magic/something that uses MP. Mute name comes from the fact that usually magic is done when you speak magic words and command the magic to come fort, thus muting someone into silence and silence status effect. It doesn't matter if Ness is mute to the player, he does talk in the games like everyone else but he just has no dialogue. But as ness doesn't use magic but PSI which doesn't need words but mind power, mute is ineffective against Ness.

"Silence is one of the status conditions in Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars. While silenced, a character can not utter a single word, thus preventing spells from being cast. With no magic, the silenced character must rely on physical attacks alone. "

Direct translation to the attack mute from japanese is Okuchi no Chakku, Mouth Zipper.

--

Sheik is useless, you can only escape via deku nut and you'd be forced to harp + deku nut moveset only unless you transform into zelda (which takes some time). >_>

--

Clinton, they only acknowledge Lucas pulled the last needle and they believed him, then they go how superfine they are right now. They do not acknowledge it was Lucas who brought them that fantastical feeling of everything being well. Basically this further proves Lucas didn't do the deed himself, but simply pulled the last needle and then the Dark dragon uses his heart's wish and did the deed, as his ally as the game script has said many times.

Reflection =/= real, iirc. It's like a mirror, but mirror image is not real but a reflection. In literature, reflecting something means you think about it, usually in past tense.

justaway12

Smash Master
Yes…sound waves = PK
I maent she defended from sound waves.

According to the canon proof that Peach was about to be WTFPWNed and Ness shows no sides of that himself…I have to disagree…Peach is more ****ed according to status…
What? I'm saying she can defend from status.

That isn’t my point…my point is that even when Peach is using the parasol to protect herself…there are things that still harm her…which is proof that the parasol is just a game play mech.
There really aren't, if she falls off a cliff the parasol can't be put over her.
And what do you expect? The Parasol is over her head, the ground is on her feet. She can still defend from falling too, if an enemy knocks her back, she would fall off and be fine.

You should have read that entire part of the post…Peach isn’t going around taming mountain sized foes like Ness is last I checked
She has.

Yet…canon wise (as in not game play mechs.) she was ****ed
You mean Count Bleck right? She could always defend from his attacks, I don't get where your going with this, it show that the parasol could withstand a lot.

Super serious thread
IKNORITE!?

It’s a reference to Dalaam…and how Ness when he went on that drug trip, his psychic powers in turn went out of control…the fact that Ness’ power is the power of the earth which is shown to create/destroy/and all that jump and how no one knows about Dalaam until after you get Poo seems to be my base for this theory…

So…where’s Peach’s proof that she can take a beating from a giant monster?
http://www.mariomonsters.com/contents/characters/200901/brobot-l-type/main.jpg

Last I checked the single foe that gets the mega star in SPM and starts to chase everyone after becoming a giant is still going to **** Peach…
Only Mario characters get Megastars.

Yet…it’s proof that the Parasol isn’t invulnerable…

Hell…I’m pretty sure Peach’s entire underside is open to attack as well when using it…because landing on spikes=proof of that…
Yeah, on her feet she gets hurt

A. I’ve already proven that Peach isn’t going to be putting Ness to sleep
B. Last I checked…Sleep is a piss poor status affect anyway except in the pokemon universe…and also…I’m pretty sure Ness wouldn’t stay asleep if someone was jumping on his head…
NO, it's not in RPG, she puts them into a deep sleep, anybody getting hurt by it won't wake up.

I've said it before, but this is a draw.

But yea, parasol doesn't seemingly prevent knockback, further proven by the fact that enemy attacks make her bounce around when hit. She seemingly juts the parasol to the ground so it actually stays in place, but if she lacks the ground to jut it into, she won't be able to use the parasol as a super defence at all and is forced to hold it herself with her very frail hands (as proven when she gets knocked off the cliff and gets damaged). On SPM I believe you're only able to defend while on ground, further supporting this. So to beat her parasol defence, you'd first have to hit/throw her into the air, then one would possibly be able to knock the parasol out of her hands/attack her from directly below/preach her parasol defence/force her out of using parasol defence alltogether.
What's this cliff everyones talking about? Seriously.

Wasn't SMRPG done in conjuction with square enix? If so, the rpg setting is fairly similar to that of Final Fantasy, where silence means an opponent is unable to do magic/something that uses MP. Mute name comes from the fact that usually magic is done when you speak magic words and command the magic to come fort, thus muting someone into silence and silence status effect. It doesn't matter if Ness is mute to the player, he does talk in the games like everyone else but he just has no dialogue. But as ness doesn't use magic but PSI which doesn't need words but mind power, mute is ineffective against Ness.
Yet oddly, the enemies don't talk as well.

They raise their arms, and the effect comes. Same with Bowser, all of his magic attacks, he clicks his fingers and the spell works, no talking whatsoever.

It's definatly a draw IMO

Samochan

Smash Master

Yet oddly, the enemies don't talk as well.

They raise their arms, and the effect comes. Same with Bowser, all of his magic attacks, he clicks his fingers and the spell works, no talking whatsoever.
Don't beat around the bush, jeez. >_> Enemies don't talk on FF either. But that's not because they are unable to. The main characters talk, yet can be silenced just as well as any enemy can on a battle scenario where they do not chit chat. And etc. etc..

The effect stays however, foe is unable to use magic.

--

So yea, proof that Peach parasol doesn't protect her underside yauhz. So just knock her up/throw her into the air and let it roll.

Samochan

Smash Master
Yeah, basically they can't use magic.
So how come Peach vs Zelda was a draw again (least in the beginning)? =)

Her precognition is sooo limited, on OoT she only saw ganondorf and a small boy in green tunic, green emerald and a fairy, but nothing too distinguishing. Her powers were limited to random precognition (ala not your prediction ability), light arrows, telepathy talk, healing and sword.

One mute + defence + sleep/stopwatch and then peach could just whack her as much as she pleases. >_> Light arrows are imbued with magic, therefore out and her precognition is fairly useless in this battle, as it cannot prevent things from happening (if it could, she'd have prevented ganondorf from taking over lawl), healing would be out via mute and lol sword, she's put to sleep/frozen in time. Maybe zelda could try and make peach crazy with telepathy talk... that's prolly her best bet. =)

justaway12

Smash Master
She could teleport away...or something like that.

Someone mentioned a light arrow but I don't think it works on the pure of heart, basically go out of range and light arrow and since she could she Peachs attacks coming she could dodge them all, they basically "cancel each other out"

I still think it's Peach's adv, since that's stalling and light arrows don't affect Peach (I think) but I tired of debating it.

Samochan

Smash Master
She could teleport away...or something like that.

Someone mentioned a light arrow but I don't think it works on the pure of heart, basically go out of range and light arrow and since she could she Peachs attacks coming she could dodge them all, they basically "cancel each other out"

I still think it's Peach's adv, since that's stalling and light arrows don't affect Peach (I think) but I tired of debating it.
She can't teleport, unless she transforms into sheik. :/

Precognition of her's only worked once and it's not useable in battle in such way, besides she's fairly slow to move around and has no protection against status effects either. Psych bomb or something has lotsa range too. Mute pwns her magic as well. Nothing here cancels out peach, while she cancels her out well. >_> All she could do is try and dodge in her high heels and long skirt, but would eventually get hit or peach were to just status her with sleep/use stopwatch.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Their right about it not being Magic. Who's Ionia o_O
Ionia is a magispy, so he pretty much knows all there is to know about PSI.

In M3, Ionia says, "I sense loads of magical power coming from you."

Does that change anything?
That's actually a very good observation. Countering that fact with something like "What she really meant was PK, and in the real world PK is blah blah blah" wouldn't work, because the game just depicted PSI abilities as magic, and games' definition of things are not the same as in the real world.

By the way, I've been experimenting with Screw Attack and Speed Booster, and Samus is immune to all damage from all enemies, except the unavoidable (and obviously game mech) touch damage from bosses (game mech because it'd be too easy to just screw attack in place to beat bosses, so to stop that from happening...). What was the argument for Screw Attack not being invincible?

Samochan

Smash Master
In M3, Ionia says, "I sense loads of magical power coming from you."

Does that change anything?
So that would mean PSI = Psionics = Done by magic?

= Magic

Well, snap.

We could use with some more proof though, eb wiki doesn't say on any point that psi = magic nor refers to it. :/ And all this time these psionics are something done with mind powers. However... PSI being mind powers doesn't disprove those mind powers originating from magic powers.

I'm however taking this with grain of salt cause of no other references of psi = magic aren't made.

What context is this from?

Top Bottom