• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros. Canon Tournament! (Mario Vs. ????) - 06/14/10

WhatIsRaizen?

Smash Ace
We're almost getting to round 5.

Vs.

Current Match-Up:
THE CHOSEN HERO Vs. THE BALLOON POKEMON

Young Link Vs. Jigglypuff

:younglinkmelee: Vs. :jigglypuff:

Loser's Round 4, Match 11.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Young Link most likely wins. Nayru's Love would prevent damage done to Young Link. He can still be knocked around, but with his many masks, items, equipment and sword he should have no problem defeating the rather weak Jigglypuff.

Toon Link already won this. I'm thinking Young Link is better than Toon Link as well so...

_clinton

Smash Master
1st battle with Bowser, it's directly said that she's weakening Bowser, hence why he's so easy to beat.
Would you show me a video please?

Work robots are clearly a game mechanic. In certain areas, if you would have destroyed them, then there would be no way to progress.
Ah no...Work Robots show up in 4 places in Super Metroid/Metroid: Zero Mission and each time they show up...I would have rather had them dead than just moved them out of the way...they are clearly meant to get in the way...

Discharge from the speed booster's shine spark actually...as in hitting the wall and then the after image of energy slams into them...it kills them in one hit...

"Super high speed" was changed to "supersonic speeds." I mean, what is "super high speed"? Maybe the same speed as a super high speed train traveling at 4,000 mph.
Which has been my point in the 1st place…but adds on…how come they didn’t also keep in the invincibility part of it?

You are reading far into the text. You may as well also say that Samus is only invincible when she's running through her enemies, since, you know, the Speed Booster makes "her invincible as she runs through enemies."

These shoes allow the wearer to run safely on asphalt and makes flashing lights as the wearer runs along the ground.

I wonder if flashing lights is equivalent or synonymous with running along the ground in the same way invincibility is equivalent to attacking.
Those Flashing lights Samus while speed boosting is making are just “energy” from her running at those speeds (again…it is another thing that makes sense…not invincibility) you can see her discharge that energy as well if you shine spark into something…

There are plenty of reasons for why she can run across various surfaces as well with the shoes on…all that make sense based off how fast she is running…it’s pretty much seen with other characters like Sonic/Mario/Wario as well…

The speed booster isn’t the only thing that is “storing” up energy…try doing a spin jump while holding a charge shot if you don’t get my point…

I know. I'm an expert at Metroid.
The only Metroid games I haven’t beat are Prime 2, and Hunters…
I say beat that is…not haven’t played them…although to be fair…I haven’t got very far in them (the only reason I actually beat Prime 3 the way I did was only because it was a gift…I don’t really care for the Prime games past the 1st one)

Feel free to watch the rocket sled video on YouTube as seen on Mythbusters.
Well…I could always argue that work robots are future based technology…but I would rather just point out more foes that Samus can’t bowl over easily with just the speed booster…
http://metroid.wikia.com/wiki/Yard
That can only be destroyed from the front with the speed booster…explain to me why she can’t just bust the shell?

Well you sure are quick to assume.
Show me how they don’t work the same (Link “guarding” and Peach “guarding”)

Your the one who raised the point, I didn't see the point in it myself. Besides
as I've shown before, they can get their power from Bowser
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEpzm9w1vtg#t=1m20s
And? It’s not like Peach isn’t getting her power from Perry as well…in case you didn’t see that point and how he is linked to Peach’s MP meter in that game…Sure Peach has her own powers…that isn’t my point…but I’ve never seen her use the vibe powers w/o some help…

They are different parasol, completly different, that's like saying every type of gun functions the same way
It’s not like that at all…your thinking of the parasol’s as comparing a shotgun to a handgun…but they aren’t like that at all…
They are just two parasol’s…unless you think that one GP 35 is different from another GB 35…

Really, because I heard it was from this strange weapon called a vibe spector, oh darn, I guess the game lied to me!
Peach was never affected by the vibe scepter…maybe you should play the game…

Ness and Lucas aren't so special with their "unexplained" powers, that they would surpass regular defence.
Yeah…it’s such a shame that Ness/Lucas have their unexplained powers anyway though huh?
And that can be said about anyone…

Also, I wonder why people keep using assumptions as arguments. Deductions and assumptions =/= canon. *looks directly at _clinton and his Mother boys' arguments*
Have you even played the Mother games? Just wondering...because I have to know how you think Ness/Lucas couldn't perform PK Fire when they have a universe threat power...

A brochure for his spaceship states that it has a gun attached that can destroy stars.

Such is not demonstrated in game though. From what I remember, the gun is not used at all.
That doesn't bloody matter...how come you people can't take what is said by the game as proof w/o having to see everything? If they weren't unable to do it...they wouldn't bring it up in the 1st place...

Young Link most likely wins. Nayru's Love would prevent damage done to Young Link. He can still be knocked around, but with his many masks, items, equipment and sword he should have no problem defeating the rather weak Jigglypuff.

Toon Link already won this. I'm thinking Young Link is better than Toon Link as well so...
I wonder how many of Yink's powers break the rules? Because last I checked...the masks he uses happen to have a "spirit" in them...

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Have you even played the Mother games? Just wondering...because I have to know how you think Ness/Lucas couldn't perform PK Fire when they have a universe threat power...
Yes, I have. And nowhere in the game AT ALL, does it even hint that Ness and Lucas can use PK Fire. And at the end of both games, when we can't do anything else, neither of them still knows PK fire. Which concludes that for purposes of this thread, neither of them can use PK fire. The assumption that they might be able to learn PK fire doesn't overcome the fact that they never learn PK fire, as well as the other PKs.

Samochan

Smash Master
Yea and dragon's not a spirit/entity then, considered an ally to the Mother 3 cast. >_> Double-standarding much clinton? By your logic, no dragon for any of the EB & Mother cast.

The spirit is certainly not banworthy. They do not fight for themselves, neither they are self-conscious. The masks are treated as items that give Link different powers. He could very well be using a random item and there wouldn't be a difference. Spiritual imprints on a mask that enable some abilities =/= backup.

Backup would be a self-conscious entity that can participate in the fight and help someone.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I wonder how many of Yink's powers break the rules? Because last I checked...the masks he uses happen to have a "spirit" in them...
They don't have spirits in them, they have the essences of each race. Goron's mask has the essence of the Gorons (the fact that he looks like Darunia is because he was the one used to create the mask). Same goes for the Deku kid (son of the butler) and the Zora (guitarist whom I forgot the name, started with an 'M' I think...). The fierce Deity mask states there is a spirit inside, but the spirit doesn't count as "backup" since Link uses the power as his own.

It kind of reminds me of Lucas and the power of the Dark Dragon. If you argue against one, you argue against both... And even if you refuse to argue against the use of spirits as items, the Dark Dragon is still not an item nor ever used in-game in fights besides the obvious story element, so it still can't be used in this thread whereas the Fierce Deity mask can, due to it being an item and used in battles.

justaway12

Smash Master
Show me how they don’t work the same (Link “guarding” and Peach “guarding”)
you forgot what we were talking about right =/
how is that in anyway related to me thinking the invinciblity is in vibe spector.

And? It’s not like Peach isn’t getting her power from Perry as well…in case you didn’t see that point and how he is linked to Peach’s MP meter in that game…Sure Peach has her own powers…that isn’t my point…but I’ve never seen her use the vibe powers w/o some help…
It's linked because Bowser or the enemies don't need MP. It's quite clearly a game mech
It’s not like that at all…your thinking of the parasol’s as comparing a shotgun to a handgun…but they aren’t like that at all…
They are just two parasol’s…unless you think that one GP 35 is different from another GB 35…
They are completly different though =/
The design, the way they're used, that's why you don't see her SPM parasol transform into a submarine.
Peach was never affected by the vibe scepter…maybe you should play the game…
You don't get it =/
I never said that anyway.

Yeah…it’s such a shame that Ness/Lucas have their unexplained powers anyway though huh?
And that can be said about anyone…

You don't get it, do you even remember what this argument was about? You said it could bypass her defence because OMG PSI! and they could shoot fire underwater!!

WhatIsRaizen?

Smash Ace
Vs

Current Match-Up:
THE ANGEL Vs. THE RAT POKEMON

Pit Vs. Pikachu

:pit: Vs. :pikachu:

Loser's Round 4, Match 12.

Does anyone know exactly how tall Pit is canon wise?

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Ah no...Work Robots show up in 4 places in Super Metroid/Metroid: Zero Mission and each time they show up...I would have rather had them dead than just moved them out of the way...they are clearly meant to get in the way...
Not quite. You need them to acquire a Missile Tank in the Wrecked Ship, as well as acquire a Reserve Tank, which is also in the Wrecked Ship. Without them, it would not be possible to use the Speed Booster and fly straight up.

Which has been my point in the 1st place…but adds on…how come they didn’t also keep in the invincibility part of it?
I don't know, but my lack of knowledge doesn't prove Samus isn't invincible. You would only be making an argument from ignorance. Super Metroid is not contrary with Metroid Fusion. Just because it said something in one thing, while it's not saying it in another, doesn't mean that it's no longer a part of what the Speed Booster can do.

Those Flashing lights Samus while speed boosting is making are just “energy” from her running at those speeds (again…it is another thing that makes sense…not invincibility) you can see her discharge that energy as well if you shine spark into something…
Those "flashing lights" are just in shoes that flash when you walk or run. Have you ever owned a pair? Anyway, it says "invincible." You're trying too hard to change the word. Here.

"These boots allow Samus to run at a super high speed and make her energy as she runs through enemies."

Cool. So when Samus runs at supersonic speeds, she becomes energy. But wait, that's only possible if you run at the speed of light. Here's what happens. Samus runs, the Speed Booster activates in 1 second. After that, blue energy, shockwaves, afterimages, whatever, are produced. At this time, Samus is invulnerable to damage. You touch it, you take damage, but Samus does not take damage. I don't understand how it works, but hey, I don't know how a kid produces a shield out of nowhere, either.

The speed booster isn’t the only thing that is “storing” up energy…try doing a spin jump while holding a charge shot if you don’t get my point…
The two do not function in the same way. The Spin Attack is weaker than the Screw Attack. Maybe. The beam weapons you have make the Spin Attack much stronger. This is proven in Metroid Fusion. There are certain enemies that I was unable to kill with the Spin Attack when all I had was the Charge Beam. But when I acquired the Plasma Beam, those same enemies were instantly killed when I used the Spin Attack on them later. I was even able to harm Ridley-X. Besides, if you charge up your beam weapon and you hit an opponent who won't die, the both of you take damage, and the Spin Attack is canceled out.

Well…I could always argue that work robots are future based technology…but I would rather just point out more foes that Samus can’t bowl over easily with just the speed booster…
In the Metroid Manga, Samus easily punches through a Work Robot.

http://metroid.wikia.com/wiki/Yard
That can only be destroyed from the front with the speed booster…explain to me why she can’t just bust the shell?
Because, during the time they are in their shell, they are impervious. Bombs can only kill them. I'm sure you read that part, though.

About Pit, not a whole lot is known about him. Pit is the captain of Palutena's army, and in his fight against Medusa, he first goes through Twinbellos, Hewdraw, and Pandora. When he goes to fight Medusa, he is equipped with three ancient, magical relics. These are the Mirror Shield, Arrow of Light, and the Wings of Pegasus. In the second part of the game for the Game Boy, Pit also acquires Silver Armor, which cuts enemy damage in half. With the Wings of Pegasus, Pit can fly indefinitely.

warpd

Smash Apprentice
So Pit is a flying/Holy pokem-- I mean angel.
Pikachu does have an elemental advantage against flying types, but I don't think Pit is subjugated to those rules.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Pikachu has paralysis status on his side. With Light Ball, Pikachu is extremly powerful still. Strongest Thunder in the games maybe (not most efficient)?

I think Pikachu should win this. Pit isn't all that impressive at all.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
So Pit is a flying/Holy pokem-- I mean angel.
Pikachu does have an elemental advantage against flying types, but I don't think Pit is subjugated to those rules.
Well, thunder-type stuff in his game do more damage to flying stuff. Pit doesn't seem to have any rock/ground elements to make it so that Thunder does no damage, and he DOES fly... So, I would think that it could be said that Thunder would do more damage against Pit, even though Pit isn't "weak against thunder"... What do you guys think?

Samochan

Smash Master
Pit might or might not have elemental weakness against thunder... but if he were to fly, thunder would then be 100% accurate and he'd take lotsa damage and 30% possibility of paralysis.

The mirror shield and half damage reduction however, is gonna be troublesome, not to mention Pit has (or should have) more range with his arrows.

If Pit doesn't have much health, then Pika could have this, as his attacks with the light ball equipped make hefty damage.

Thunder/Light screen/wish/discharge, shock wave?

Thunder to pwn flying Pit, screen to reduce damage from arrows of light to half, wish to restore health & discharge/shock wave to deal damage when Pit is grounded and possibly paralyse (discharge).

warpd

Smash Apprentice
Pikachu has paralysis status on his side. With Light Ball, Pikachu is extremly powerful still. Strongest Thunder in the games maybe (not most efficient)?

I think Pikachu should win this. Pit isn't all that impressive at all.

Pit has the same problems as the IC's which is a lack of source material. He did take on a god and won.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Pit has the same problems as the IC's which is a lack of source material. He did take on a god and won.
Yeah well, it's still a source... Kid Icarus also was on the Gameboy, but I never played it. Anyone know more of this?

So far, Pikachu should win. 100% accuracy with Thunder is pretty deadly. I agree with the moveset Samo posted. Wish would restore damage done to Pika, while Pit has nothing to heal himself with. Therefore, Pikachu would likely last longer.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Pit is not subject to the kind of "types" that Pokemon have. Pit is not a "Flying" type Pokemon. It is true that lightning will strike the nearest object, so if Pit is flying high up, he could take the hit. In-game, the health Pit has is a bar, and it has five parts to it. This does not mean that five hits will take down Pit's health. It doesn't work that way. If you want, you can watch a video of someone playing Kid Icarus, and you can pay attention to the health there. The Barrel that Pit has is equivalent to 8 Bottles, and when Pit runs out of health, one part will be fully restored instantly. With that in mind, that's thirteen parts to his health. And of course, 50% reduction from enemy attack. I am not certain if the Mirror Shield would be able to assist Pit against electric attacks.

Wish would restore damage done to Pika, while Pit has nothing to heal himself with. Therefore, Pikachu would likely last longer.
1 Barrel is equal to 8 Bottles. Instantaneous health restoration.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Yeah well, it's still a source... Kid Icarus also was on the Gameboy, but I never played it. Anyone know more of this?

So far, Pikachu should win. 100% accuracy with Thunder is pretty deadly. I agree with the moveset Samo posted. Wish would restore damage done to Pika, while Pit has nothing to heal himself with. Therefore, Pikachu would likely last longer.
Actually, Pit has quite a few stuff he can use to heal himself with.

[SIZE=+4]Items [/SIZE]

Small Heart You get these after defeating weak enemies like snakes. Worth 1 heart. Collect lots of these to buy items from the shops!

Half Heart One-half of a Big Heart, it's worth 5 small hearts. Get these from defeating mid-level enemies.

Big Heart This baby is worth 10 small hearts! Get these from defeating tough enemies, or in the pots in the treasure rooms.

Credit Card If you destroy all the pots in the treasure room, and the God of Poverty doesn't appear, and item will be in his place in the last pot. That item may be the elusive Credit Card. This can be used once at the Black Market to purchase an item, even if you don't have enough hearts. But all hearts you earn after using it will go towards paying off your debt. Once it's paid off, you'll start earning hearts again.

Chalice You will sometimes find these at various points in certain levels. It contains Water of Life. It will refill one life block when touched. You can also buy them in shops.

Bottle You can only get bottles in the shops or treasure rooms. It will go into your inventory. When your life meter runs out, it will automatically refill one block. Normally, you can only carry one at a time, but if you get the barrel, you can carry up to eight.

Barrel The barrel will allow you to carry up to eight bottles in your inventory. You can buy one from the black market or find it in the treasure room.

Angel Feather If you fall off the bottom of the screen, and have a feather in your inventory, it will allow Pit to fly back up. You must guide Pit to safety before its effects wear off, however. Buy it in the shops or find it in the treasure rooms. It's a very useful item!

Treasure Pot You'll find these in the treasure rooms. They contain big hearts and mallets, but once houses the God of Poverty. If you find him, you lose everything! But if you break them all and don't find him, break the last pot to get a special item. It costs 5 small hearts to break each pot.

Flaming Arrow You can win this special weapon from Zeus in the training rooms. It adds a fireball to the end of Pit's arrow. The fireball will do a few extra hits of damage to the enemy, but overall, it isn't very useful. You must have at least one life block full to use it.

Sacred Bow Another special weapon that you can win from Zeus. It increases the range of Pit's arrow, so that he can shoot all the way across the screen! You must have at least two full life blocks to use it. Get this!

Protective Crystal The final item you can win from Zeus. You need at least three full life blocks to use it. It causes two crystals to rotate around Pit. They will damage enemies and absorb their firepower. Not bad!

Strength Arrow If you've defeated enough enemies, Zeus will give this to you when you enter his chamber. It will increase the strength of Pit's arrow and change his color. You start with one strength arrow, and can earn up to four more.

Mallet This item is used to free the Centurions from their stone statues in the Fortresses. It can also be used as a weapon, but is not very useful in that respect. Get them in shops, treasure rooms, or by grabbing the harp.

Harp Grabbing this harp will change all on-screen enemies into mallets for several seconds. Grab the mallets before time runs out!

Centurion Statue You will find these statues in many of the fortress rooms. Use the mallets on them to free the Centurions inside. Once free, they will aid in your battle against the fortress boss.

Check Sheet This is a map of the fortress. There is one hidden in each fortress. Once obtained, the map of the area will appear on the inventory screen, but this is useless without the pencil or torch.

Flaming Torch If you have the map, the torch will show your current position.

Pencil If you have the map, the pencil will mark off the rooms of the fortress as you enter them. It's good to help find your way through.

Sealed Casket You will get one of these treasure chests when you beat the boss of each fortress. They contain the three Sacred Treasures that Pit needs to defeat Medusa. They cannot be used until the last level.

Mirror Shield One of the three Sacred Treasures, it can only be used on the final level. It will block Medusa's shots and the shots of other enemies, too.

Light Arrow Another of the three Sacred Treasures. It will shoot like a laser beam, annihilating most enemies. It keeps going clear across the screen, hitting all enemies in its path! It's the only weapon that can defeat Medusa.

Wings of Pegasus The last of the three Sacred Treasures. Plain and simple, these will allow Pit to fly in the final level. The treasures are automatically equipped when you reach the final level.

_clinton

Smash Master
Yes, I have. And nowhere in the game AT ALL, does it even hint that Ness and Lucas can use PK Fire. And at the end of both games, when we can't do anything else, neither of them still knows PK fire. Which concludes that for purposes of this thread, neither of them can use PK fire. The assumption that they might be able to learn PK fire doesn't overcome the fact that they never learn PK fire, as well as the other PKs.
Again…like I said before…the foes in EB that are based off of Ness…happen to have psi abilities that he doesn’t use…those abilities that he can’t use are unable to be used because logically…he has them sealed away…

Well…at the end of EB…Ness unlocks all of his “hidden” psychic talent…as such…he became the thing that his foes aren’t…what does that tell you?

Oh and you should maybe read the reply to Samochan that is coming up as well Kewkky…because you seem to have MM mixed up a bit as well…

Yea and dragon's not a spirit/entity then, considered an ally to the Mother 3 cast. >_> Double-standarding much clinton? By your logic, no dragon for any of the EB & Mother cast.
I like how you think I never thought of that...even though I keep trying to explain that the dragon's power becomes Ness/Lucas'...you know...because it does...you know...because they are linked in spirit...

And you guys have already banned the Dragon/Whatever anyway in case you keep forgetting that...

Actually...I have to question how self-conscious the power is in the 1st place when it is 100% reliant on what the user wants anyway...

The spirit is certainly not banworthy. They do not fight for themselves, neither they are self-conscious.
I can’t believe you don’t think the masks are self-conscious…have you looked at Majora’s Mask? That spirit in that sure seems conscious enough if you ask me…what with the whole wanting to destroy the world thing…

The Song of Healing transforms the spirits of those that are suffering into masks after healing them...because I can't find a game script...I'll just post this stuff:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vu9W9vf4W1Y&feature=PlayList&p=BCF52BC128550893&index=4
"This is a melody that heals evil magic and troubled spirits, turning them into masks...Ah, yes. I give you this mask in commemoration of this day. Fear not, for the magic has been sealed inside the mask. When you wear it, you will transform into the shape you just were. When you remove it, you will return to normal.“

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-2Q1wi36Sg&feature=PlayList&p=BCF52BC128550893&index=23
“I leave my undying feelings with you…The deeds I accomplished while living are carved on my grave. You should read it.
You got the Goron Mask!
This mask contains the spirit of a proud Goron hero!
For the Goron Village…I have asked your assistance…”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1igrp0fY-7w&feature=PlayList&p=BCF52BC128550893&index=37
“Carve my farewell song on my grave…
I’m depending on you to help that singer girl…”

So…what do these videos show? A. That even though the spirits of the things are in the masks now…they are still around and can show themselves to Link, B. They want your help…I’m pretty sure that they don’t mind repaying the favor…especially when looking at what is at could happen if Link fails (that parallel world of Hyrule will be destroyed!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ff1H4OsmEr8&feature=PlayList&p=BCF52BC128550893&index=95
This one is a bit at the end (7:45) but…
“Oh…So the evil has left the mask after all…”

I wonder what that little quote is saying?

Backup would be a self-conscious entity that can participate in the fight and help someone.
I wonder why Ike's blessing isn't banned then...that thing is only around because the goddess made it as such...w/o it Ike is just seen as a normal human that has reached the max physical limit for many traits that deal with humans…

God…even Zero Suit Samus would beat that…Samus pasted the peak of human physical limits at the age of 14 according to the manga…the only thing I’m sure Samus isn’t as far as human limits go is house broken…mainly because birds have been known to make a mess out of pots and pans if you let them into your kitchen freely

you forgot what we were talking about right =/
how is that in anyway related to me thinking the invinciblity is in vibe spector.
I think you forgot...
I'm comparing the shields that Link uses to Peach's parasol from SPM...

It's linked because Bowser or the enemies don't need MP. It's quite clearly a game mech
Fine...whatever...I still think that the only reason Peach can use them is because of Perry and the fact that she is on a magic island...

Hell...that limit could just be because of her known limit to handling the power...

They are completly different though =/
The design, the way they're used, that's why you don't see her SPM parasol transform into a submarine.
I think you missed my 1st point...as far as parasol's go...The one in SPM is only seen as a "normal" parasol...if you think it isn't normal...please show me proof...

Parry is better than a normal parasol...because he isn't really a parasol...but he still performs like the normal parasol’s Peach has…

You don't get it, do you even remember what this argument was about? You said it could bypass her defence because OMG PSI! and they could shoot fire underwater!!
I think you are the one who doesn’t get it…I didn’t really care if they could shoot fire underwater…I was just trying to point out that the “fire” they use isn’t really fire when you look at that…

It’s pretty much what I was trying to say with the other stuff…and why it would work…and why you would need a special shield to bypass it…because like I said…there are two types of “shields” in the series…one for the tangible/things that have “logic”…and one for the intangible/things like PSI…

Oh and another reason I said that PK Rockin/Love would work on Peach is that because canon wise…it is impossible to defend vs. it…due to what the thing really is…if you don’t believe me…try it out...see if you can find a foe in EB that can reduce the damage done from it…

And I’ll continue on latter with the other stuff…as for the current match up…Pit wins vs. the yellow rat…how in the hell the yellow rat beat Wario is still a mystery though…

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
He wasn't blessed by Ashera
If Pit can do all that, he should've beaten Ike. Pit has got his own blessed weapons, so he should be able to damage Ike. Link also isn't blessed by Ashera, but he's got his own universe's Gods with him. So that should make Link be able to beat Ike as well.

Ike isn't all that great either. He's by far not the best unit in his game. Shinon for example can beat Ike in a 1 vs 1 fight, and so do most Laguz Kings (though they are overpowered as hell).

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
If Pit can do all that, he should've beaten Ike. Pit has got his own blessed weapons, so he should be able to damage Ike. Link also isn't blessed by Ashera, but he's got his own universe's Gods with him. So that should make Link be able to beat Ike as well.

Ike isn't all that great either. He's by far not the best unit in his game. Shinon for example can beat Ike in a 1 vs 1 fight, and so do most Laguz Kings (though they are overpowered as hell).
Link's goddess does not make him invincible. She blesses him, yes, but that doesn't mean that Link has the power to hurt those with invincibility (no matter how they got it).

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Neither did Ike get truely invincible right? In game, he was perfectly able to take damage. Getting killed even wasn't that unlikely. If Link and Pit are blessed in their own game, they should be able to hurt Ike.

warpd

Smash Apprentice
Just have Shinon and Leanne have a kid. That is basically Pit Fire Emblem version...sort of.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Again…like I said before…the foes in EB that are based off of Ness…happen to have psi abilities that he doesn’t use…those abilities that he can’t use are unable to be used because logically…he has them sealed away…
The foes in EB that are based off of ness are BASED off of Ness, which means they are SIMILAR. They might have things Ness doesn't have, ever assumed that? And the point still stands rigidly: assumptions are assumptions. Giving Ness PK Fire and all the other PKs he doesn't have (as well as Lucas), when nowhere in the game does Ness/Lucas use PK fire EVER, means it's NOT "true to their games".

You are trying to find loopholes around the game's obvious designs. Even if it says "Hey! Ness, you can learn PK Fire, but because we want to make all characters different, we won't let you learn it and instead give those powers to Paula for this game!", Ness will not be able to use PK Fire due to you never acquiring it in the game. Ever. Period. The End.

Well…at the end of EB…Ness unlocks all of his “hidden” psychic talent…as such…he became the thing that his foes aren’t…what does that tell you?
It tells me that he's a nice guy, and none of the foes are nice guys.

Care to actually tell me and stop beating around the bush?

Oh and you should maybe read the reply to Samochan that is coming up as well Kewkky…because you seem to have MM mixed up a bit as well…
Sorry, but no. YOU have the whole "spirit" thing mixed up, as well as all the "true to their games" thing mixed up.

I like how you think I never thought of that...even though I keep trying to explain that the dragon's power becomes Ness/Lucas'...you know...because it does...you know...because they are linked in spirit...
What makes you think they are linked in spirit, may I ask? If anything, their only similarities is that they're both the protagonists, and they have similar PSI abilities, as well as where the game states their abilities to come from.

And you guys have already banned the Dragon/Whatever anyway in case you keep forgetting that...
So, if an entity that becomes your own power AND ISN'T SOMETHING THAT YOU CAN USE FREELY is banned, what makes you think that an entity that becomes your own power AND IS SOMETHING THAT YOU CAN USE FREELY isn't banned?

Actually...I have to question how self-conscious the power is in the 1st place when it is 100% reliant on what the user wants anyway...
It got banned for another reason, too, besides it being backup. Remember the whole "you can't take it into battle in the game at all times" thing? How can you assume what Lucas can do with the Dragon if all it shows is it destroying the world and leaving everyone alive afterwards? I don't recall the Dragon having other options in the game besides "Yes/No" when you were going to pull the needle or not. Lucas never wished for anything directly either, the Dragon just understood what Lucas wanted deep in his heart and fulfilled it anyway it could. It both sounds like its own entity, as well as NOT something you can use freely.

I can’t believe you don’t think the masks are self-conscious…have you looked at Majora’s Mask? That spirit in that sure seems conscious enough if you ask me…what with the whole wanting to destroy the world thing…
Yeah, MAJORA'S MASK, not Goron's, Zora's, Deku's, Fierce Deity's. Majora's is the only one with a consciousness, but every other one is like, a mask with magic that turns you into a copy of the one who was used to create the mask.

I wonder why Ike's blessing isn't banned then...that thing is only around because the goddess made it as such...w/o it Ike is just seen as a normal human that has reached the max physical limit for many traits that deal with humans…
Because the Goddess blessed him (I'm pretty sure she blessed his armor and sword and not his skin, though, so I dunno how he's gotten so many wins), and Ike could use it whenever. It wasn't that the Goddess was doing all sorts of stuff for Ike in his fights, the only thing she did was bless her armor. If we went and followed your logic, Samus would be banned because her armor was made by the Chozo, Ness/Lucas would be banned because their powers come from something that isn't themselves, Ganondorf would be banned because the Triforce wasn't his, Pit would be banned because the Gods give him everything that made him a main character in his game, hell HALF the roster would be banned because they've been affected by outside influences! The difference bwteen your statement and mine? Yours implies that every external power that aids the main character into becoming what they are is an indirect "back-up", when in reality, without those back-ups, they wouldnt've been the heroes of their games. Lucas beat everyone including the other "PK Love" user, and thus was the only one able to pull the needle, making HIM already the hero of his game. He pulled the needle to finish the story off. Why couldn't he just leave the needle be, if the one who pulled the most needles was the one the Dragon granted the desires of? The whole world could've still been there, but oh well, let's destroy it anyway.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Would you show me a video please?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eA9YZboYrJY
She's even shown picking him up and flinging him from the castle, lol

Dryn pretty much covered all the other points I was gonna make, but meh. Samus doesn't even need full invulnerability/invincibility, she could just shoot the Hyper Beam from Metroid III while running, which has been shown to blast through walls and pretty much OHKO everything.

@ Current MU - Pit should have the upper hand here. Mirror Shield should deflect lightning if it can deflect a god's beams/lasers/blasts/w.e. The Protective Crystal also absorbs enemy firepower, so he should be able to turn any special attacks Pika can throw at him. Light, flaming and even regular arrows will take their toll on the rat, even if it heals itself with Wish(which takes a turn to activate, Pit could in theory KO him before that happens). If Light Screen lowers the effect of projectiles, Pit still has hammers to fight with.

Also, is he allowed to be assisted by Centurions or not? They only come out during boss battles, but I figure that a strong opponent should count, or that the former is a game mech.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Also, is he allowed to be assisted by Centurions or not? They only come out during boss battles, but I figure that a strong opponent should count, or that the former is a game mech.
That counts as backup, and it's not allowed, sorreh.

justaway12

Smash Master
I think you forgot...
I'm comparing the shields that Link uses to Peach's parasol from SPM...
I was honestly talking about the vibe spector, I think we got lost along the way..

Fine...whatever...I still think that the only reason Peach can use them is because of Perry and the fact that she is on a magic island...
I doubt Perry had anything to do with it, he seemed more like a weapon than a...I forget the name, but you know what I mean, right?

I think you missed my 1st point...as far as parasol's go...The one in SPM is only seen as a "normal" parasol...if you think it isn't normal...please show me proof...
How about you show me proof that it isn't? All of what your saying are basless claims, you don't have proof to back it up, as they say since you made the claim, the burden of proof is on you (what is this? A court room xD), it's quite clear normal parasols aren't good defenders, period, they can't make you glide either

Parry is better than a normal parasol...because he isn't really a parasol...but he still performs like the normal parasol’s Peach has…
[/QUOTE]

No, just because he is naturally better, doesn't mean he is better at everything, he doesn't make Peach glide, IIRC, they share completly different attributes, it's like comparing two types of the same weapon again.

I think you are the one who doesn’t get it…I didn’t really care if they could shoot fire underwater…I was just trying to point out that the “fire” they use isn’t really fire when you look at that…
I know you were using example, I just went with that particular one.
and again, that's happend before, why do you think fire blast can be used with pokemon underwater or Bowser underwater or Mario?

It’s pretty much what I was trying to say with the other stuff…and why it would work…and why you would need a special shield to bypass it…because like I said…there are two types of “shields” in the series…one for the tangible/things that have “logic”…and one for the intangible/things like PSI…
Again, that sounds awfully a lot like Def and Sp.Def, you think magic is logical? She can defend against Kamek's wand spell thing, I wouldn't call that spell "logical"

Oh and another reason I said that PK Rockin/Love would work on Peach is that because canon wise…it is impossible to defend vs. it…due to what the thing really is…if you don’t believe me…try it out...see if you can find a foe in EB that can reduce the damage done from it…
I thought Lucas only did PK love.
You, I don't mean to mean, but why don't you say this stuff before? I mean, if it really is undefendable, then why don't you start by saying that instead of getting all complicated?

SManDMan

Smash Rookie
Kewkky, I'm pretty sure _clinton was talking about the dragon being linked to Lucas/Ness, not Ness and Lucas. By the way, at the end of your post, what's with the "could have let it be, but lets destroy it anyway,"?

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Kewkky, I'm pretty sure _clinton was talking about the dragon being linked to Lucas/Ness, not Ness and Lucas.
o_o
Is there a difference? I wrote Ness and Lucas cuz I dunno, it just came out that way... And he did say the dragon was linked to both of them, since he's claiming all PSI/PK is the same and whatever else.

You could interpret it as Ness/Lucas, and it's still the same argument, though.

By the way, at the end of your post, what's with the "could have let it be, but lets destroy it anyway,"?
Well, Lucas already did what he needed to do: he saved the world from Pokey, found his bro, avenged his mom, and there was going to be no tyranny... All it needed was the people of the island to go back to their normal lives, and everything would've been OK. I see the whole "pulling of the last needle" as an appropriate ending to the game's story, since it would leave the game feeling 'unfinished' if he didn't pull the last needle after searching for it and fighting for who pulls it first. If anything, his heart's desires were to have his mother and brother back alive, and revert the world to the way it was without Pokey ever touching it.

He already stopped the world from being destroyed, everyone could've rebuilt and kept living in their island. He pulled the needle anyway, and as a result the world got destroyed. Yes, everyone's still alive after the credits (or was it their spirits? Was everything black and the "End" moving only, or were the people visible? Can't remember well...), but the world ended.

warpd

Smash Apprentice
The dragon was essentially a large reset button. The world gets to start over.

Top Bottom