• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Hall of Fame

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
The more people you induct into the hall of fame, the less valuble the induction is. If the demand is for more people to be recognized, then you should have a special section of the hall of fame for the Best/Most contributing that is a good bit smaller.

Gideon has made a bigger difference to the Smash community than any of us could possibly know. I nominate him for the HoF.

SLAYERCoLdKiLr

Smash Journeyman
This is a great idea, but I believe it should be people that arent just good and get a lot of top finishes and time spent . Granted that is and will always be a huge factor, it should be people that make this game what it is. Like, I think Forward should be the first inductee, not only does he plays well, he makes this game fun and entertaining to play and hang with. I think a minimum of 6 months should be required, cause you said it yourself Hugs, our community is always evolving

SockNinja

Smash Journeyman
I nominate myself because I got Snap pop and was the best op of all time on the hub.

SUCK ON THIS A ONE TIME!!

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
ok in no order

Recipherus

Mattdeezie

Captain Jack

Isai- duh

Ken- see above ^

Gideon

Scamp

Azen

me- id be lying if I didnt list myself lol

Mild- creator of smash drama <3 J/k

M3D

the kishes

Team Ben

D-crew

superdoodleman

this is just my personal list of people that I think made an impact on the smash community(mostly competitive smash). There are more Id like to add to the list such as Chudat, PC, DA Wes, M2K Vidjo etc but they haven't retired melee yet so.. =P

and ken doesnt count...he hacks.

Bob Money

Smash Ace
how about a character hall of fame imo that would be nice because thats very prestiguous, only a few people to each character would be set in stone for a lifetime.

Delphiki

Smash Champion
A whole lot of people shouldn't be accepted, so that it stays prestigious. Also whenever somebody is inducted, there should be a short description of WHY. We can't just go around nominating the best overall players. That would be dumb.

As for # of inductees, I say there should be no more than 5 a year, but during the first few months a series of special inductions should take place to cover the last few years of Melee. These spots should be given to those guys who have been around through everything and helped shape the community - Isai, Bach, Gideon, nealdt, etc.. Then regular inductions can start next year. That way the grounds will be laid for the new inductees. A focus should be placed not on good players but on good community members.

And I agree that it should cover all the games past, present, and future.

Bobby's idea is really cool too.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
I feel as if a hall of fame list is kinda trivial like most of the community already knows who will be in the majority(chu, ken, Azen , Dav3, isai etc etc.)

Like smash hasnt been around long enough imo. Things like the MLB and the NBA have hall of fame that date back 50-60 years ago(maybe even further). And alot of the the super old players were inducted WAY AFTER thier retirement(10-20 yrs) The idea seems good but i dont think there should be one until another 4-5 years @ least (whether ppl are playing brawl or melee @ that point). Hall of fames show establishment and while our community is pretty established, in relativity to other organizations we are still very young and i tihnk too young to have a hall of fame yet. I fear that if one would appear in the next year or so that it would be more of a popularity contest.

Bob Money

Smash Ace
i think the first inductee go around should submit around 15 people then after that add only 2 people a year, but the people in must have a min vote count and shouldnt win just because they have more votes from a pool of lack luster nominees.
and only 10 people to nominate someone thats too little, the smash community is huge there should be at least 50 people to nominate someone.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
wes, phanna(seriously, he really helped with the samus community, like every samus knows him. not because he's amazing or anything, although he is really good, but everyone has seen him comboing with SWDs, making edge canceling videos which are pretty bad ***, etc.).

mild because he was so random, he could randomly beat really good people and then get crushed by nubs, he's like a legend in MD/VA. Which, IMO, is the center of smash.

Grmo

Smash Champion
Plymouth Rock, eating Thanksgiving dinner
I think this is a good idea, but the thread is slipping back into nominating people, which we're not supposed to be doing. I agree with Lanowen, people whould just be added whenever for whatever accomplishment. I don't think it's a good idea to add the years that a player needs to have been playing for as our community gains years. That turns "you have to have been playing for this long" into "you have to have been playing since this year". Anyway, I'd like to see this happen. The panel should discuss people and when they come to a conclusion about someone, they should be inducted. Just a thought.

Frozenserpent

Smash Journeyman
I hope this Hall of Fame can also include a reasonably detailed history of smash. I know I was very curious about what happened in the smash scene before I started playing.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
I think if there is to be a HoF then the players should have revolutionized Smash in some sort of way, or done something extremely impressive. By example let's say Wobbles the Phoenix: first one to abuse the "wobbles" technique in a tournament right? Look at the effect it had, it's causing big decisions in tourny hosting whether to ban it or not. Or Azen: known for being able to contend for the top spot with any of the 26 characters available. *shrugs* it'd be difficult to work out, but there's my 2 cents.

P.S. Mike G all the way ;)

Bob Money

Smash Ace
wes should be in the sh1it talk hall of fame same with killaor.
lets make a shi1t talk hall of fame.

also there should be a ..for example

Best **** talker:
best dressed:
funniest:
gayest:
best marth:
\Best peach ect
Biggest Upset:
Most impressive bracket:
Biggest tourny:
Best Posts:
Best tourny set:
u know just alot of categories

THE MAN
for hof

BACH

BRoomer
BRoomer
all i know is that if im not on the hall of fame for being me im def gonna poop on someone. The dildo guarantees my hall of fame status

I think almost being struck down at his prime, and still fly across the country in a wheel chair is good enough for me.

I nominate Dav3

Top Bottom