• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Hall of Fame

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
I think it's safe to say that Melee has survived long enough to merit this topic again.

Anybody out there interested in starting this project back up? Hugo? Anybody else?

I would love to see a real, professionally done Melee Hall of Fame.

EDIT: Also, can I get a mod to move this to the Melee Discussion section. Please and thank you.

MTKO

Smash Journeyman
I'd like to see this be created. I don't think I'd be of any use in helping create it, but it would be really cool if it got going.

Kyldare

Smash Apprentice
Why not create it?

Smash OG's should just vote on it each year.

Somebody has enough time to do it I'm sure...

Kite91

Mada Mada Dane
As for the process of deciding who makes the Hall of Fame. I propose the following:

1. The main criteria for being inducted would be time. I propose that a minimum of 3 years (after the initial major accomplishment/contribution) must go by before a player can be considered.

2. I propose that new inductees be announced once a year. *

3. A large panel should be assembled in order to decide who is inducted *. But the panel should not decide who is nominated.

4. To be nominated, a person must recieve a minimum of 10 nominations from the community in order to then be considered by the panel. * I propose we use a ballot type format to do this.

5. I propose that a maximum of 5 players be inducted each year to keep the title a prestigious one.

6. To ensure that older smashers are not forgotten, a minimum of 2 people who's initial contributions/accomplishments took place a minimum of 4 years ago must be nominated on a ballot. (I feel the number of years should increase once we get more years into our community)

I think the above criteria is perfect, cept for 2. Maybe every 3-6 months atleast 3 more smashers are added in.

I think at major tournements the winners for the 6 months should be announced and maybe given something ex. a plaque.

and before we start nominating smashers I suggest we first nominate who will be on the panel. I think 4-6 people would do.

For the panel I think

hugs
husband
alphazealot
forward
bach

that is if any of them are up too it

Metal Reeper

Smash Champion
I'm liking this idea. I don't think it would matter if the backroom was in charge of this or not, we all know who is in the hall of fame anyway :) Also, this would have to be on smashwiki.
I wish that was more updated :(

Codi

Smash Ace
I think this is a great idea, they should make a part of the site dedicated to this with a little background info one why they deserve it and what they did ect..

I think the most obvious person to be nominated first would be Ken

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
The First Class has already been inducted it seems.
http://super-smash-bros.wikia.com/wiki/Smash_Hall_of_Fame

All Obvious Choices too. So what we will be starting with will be the 2nd Class of HOF'ers.

I think Captain Jack, Wes, Husband, Wife, KoreanDJ, and Justin Junio
I saw this list too, and while it does look like a pretty credible list, there are no citations as to where it came from. So I can't only think it is unofficial. Plus I read a lot of crap on that smash wiki page that is totally wrong. Like SilentSpectre going to JGT...totally inaccurate.

I like Hugo's initial idea for this, but since it's 2011 I think if we did it we could do 10-12 smashers inducted to get it started, then do like 5-6 per year every year thereafter.

The Upholder

Smash Journeyman
The First Class has already been inducted it seems.
http://super-smash-bros.wikia.com/wiki/Smash_Hall_of_Fame

All Obvious Choices too. So what we will be starting with will be the 2nd Class of HOF'ers.

I think Captain Jack, Wes, Husband, Wife, KoreanDJ, and Justin Junio
Wife and Husband weren't really known for their individual play, seems odd to give up 2 slots to a team, I would say give one slot to both of them, as the Newlyweds. Maybe wife by himself just because of his legendary commentary.

The thing is, I can list like 40 players who should be in there, it seems odd that we're just going to go through like 5 years of throwing in people we know will be in there.

DA Dave, PC Chris, m2k, mango, hbox, hugs, armada, chillin, axe, neo, darkrain, chudat, wobbles, taj, (DBR I would say as one slot as well, maybe Germ/the king get their own slots), eddy, DSW, etc.

I guess it depends on your reasons for getting in, but there are a lot of people who have contributed and are well known and influential in the history of smash.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Wife and Husband weren't really known for their individual play, seems odd to give up 2 slots to a team, I would say give one slot to both of them, as the Newlyweds. Maybe wife by himself just because of his legendary commentary.

The thing is, I can list like 40 players who should be in there, it seems odd that we're just going to go through like 5 years of throwing in people we know will be in there.

DA Dave, PC Chris, m2k, mango, hbox, hugs, armada, chillin, axe, neo, darkrain, chudat, wobbles, taj, (DBR I would say as one slot as well, maybe Germ/the king get their own slots), eddy, DSW, etc.

I guess it depends on your reasons for getting in, but there are a lot of people who have contributed and are well known and influential in the history of smash.
Just my personal Opinion but I think HOF slots should go to players who's contributed to the scene in and/or out of playing. I also believe players that are still heavily involved in the tournament scene should be held off until they retire. With that said alot of those listed do fit that place.

Dimitris

Smash Ace
You should make it more esthetical too, more than just a list on a wiki. Something visual, you know. It should give the impression of being an important list.

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
That list was official and voted on by the SBR, but I thought it was pretty heavily weighted toward non-players. Shrug.

HoChiMinhTrail

Smash Master
Edward j. Howells(eddie)

+

david john (darkrain)

midwest represent *****es

I would love to be on the panel, active since 2004 *****es.

But 4 real, if Eddie gets left off the HOF I will seriously **** on M2K's chest.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
that sounds so legit

how would the awards work, though?
is it just a general "how important or impactful are/were you to the smash community?"
or is it a specific award given to each player?

i.e. most technical, most aggressive, most ______

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
It sounds like a cool idea. Im down for anything that in some way strengthens the community.

The rules are pretty solid.

Top Bottom