• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash in Boston, MA! It's the summer so if you're hosting advertise here! Update 6/12

So Fatal

Smash Master
Sure thing man =D

Also Fatal are you talking about Mass Madness? Cause I didn't know I could get there via the Red Line. If so I may see what I can do, cause that would be awesome!
yeah mass maddness, theres 2 locations, one in framinigham and one in sommerville, the sommerville store is holding Mass Maddness Tommrow and you can get there from the Davis Square Red line stop, like 5 min walk from there. ^.^

Here is the AiB page http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=9453

MM is a really good and cheap tournament. 15 gets you in both events, no venue fee ^.^

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
87, 88, and 89 bus all get you there too from Davis Square. Just ask the bus driver where Teele Square is and to let you off there. It's like a 2 minute bus ride

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Althou Smash Fridays is over until Fall, we still should keep this thread alive, lets post useful things relating to Smash in/around Boston here?

dawall250

Smash Journeyman
Changing this to update summetime smashfests/tourneys in the area! if you are planning on hosting a smashfest/tourney in the area, please tell me, I'll add it to the op. This thread may evolve into what's going on smashwise in boston in general, not just bu.

SuperFudgeChoco

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, know I'm sorta cutting it close here and it's not in Boston, but I'm running a tourny up in Manchester, NH on May 23. All the info can found here: http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=9598
It's a smaller tourny but I'm really trying to get as many people from the Smash community to come as possible so if you're free that weekend and got nothing else going on you should stop by. Also currently checking to see if I can get people in for free that bring setups.

LucasTizma

Smash Rookie
Hey guys. Moved up to Boston a few months ago for work. Been dying to play again (semi)competitively. Never been to a tournament, but I have most of the "basic" pro skills I believe. Still could use lots of practice though. :)

Anyway, when I'm not working, I'd love to get together with a few people and play. I live in Medford (just barely) right next to the Wellington Station T (Orange line I think?). I have a nice 50" plasma and could have a few people over at my place.

Hit me up either here or on e-mail (lucastizma@lucastizma.com) or AIM (ALSO lucastizma@lucastizma.com) if someone wants to pity me and pulverize me and hone my Lucas/Ness/(new main?) skills!

BlaizeRaz0r

Smash Rookie
Are any of you guys going to be around over summer? I'm working the Berklee 5 Week summer program and would love to smash. I went to Smash Friday's once with MetalPat and Albert. (should have gone more!) Hopefully I don't have to wait till fall to play some of you guys again xD

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Uhh, well I def know of a few ppl around. Kurse is staying at BU until end of June, Raeef goes to BU on weekdays for a research thing. DaWall lives pretty close to BU, and I live in the Suburbs. I'm sure if you want to get together for a smashfest we can plan something out... maybe lol.

Spaghetti

Smash Apprentice
Hey! This summer I'm thinking of coming to some Brawl thing near Boston (I live near Boston). What's this smash friday you guys have been talking about?

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Hey! This summer I'm thinking of coming to some Brawl thing near Boston (I live near Boston). What's this smash friday you guys have been talking about?
A few of us kids at Boston University hosts Smash Fridays every Friday during the school year. Of course since its summer now we dont have it right now, but we'll be back in september!

Spaghetti

Smash Apprentice
Do you guys know of anything that would be going on around MA during the summer? I might try coming to one of the smash fridays though during the school year if I have time! :p

controlledchaos

Smash Rookie
Livin' in Medford currently. I'm a grad student at Brandeis but there seems to be no smash presence there. I only play melee but I've got a cube I might be able to bring around if people have a nonlaggy tv. Hopin' to get some smash action over the summer

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
yah no idea about amherst, but I hear WPI in worcester have a good smash scene, and of course us here in Boston/at Boston University have great Brawl and Melee scenes.

I'd love to have some new blood at our smashfest next year, post here if you're coming to a college in Boston and want to smash!

link_87

Smash Rookie
Hi, I am on vacations with my family in USA, i come from colombia, i am going to visit boston the next week, and i wonder if there is a place where you often meet to brawl ? thanks for your help, bye

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
There isn't any organized weekly smashfest events over the summer in boston afaik. But since there does seem to be some interest in having one I think one of you guys should try hosting one (if you can of course) and advertise it here, I'm sure you'll find alot of ppl interested in it. I may even come if it gets big enough =).

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Hi, I am on vacations with my family in USA, i come from colombia, i am going to visit boston the next week, and i wonder if there is a place where you often meet to brawl ? thanks for your help, bye
The allisbrawl.com scene for Boston Brawl players is probably a better place to check.

Either that or try to find Prawn or bloodcross on the boards and PM them.

Actually, here.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=276918

A couple good Massachusetts Brawl players are in this thread. PM them asking who lives around Boston and wants to play Brawl.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
We live in Boston during the school year at college, in the summer only one of us really lives in Boston, and then a couple of us (me included) lives in the suburbs. But if you guys can hold out until the school year we have an amazing smashfest going on every friday.

btw does anyone know if Game Underground holds weekly smashfests like GameUniverse did before?

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
We live in Boston during the school year at college, in the summer only one of us really lives in Boston, and then a couple of us (me included) lives in the suburbs. But if you guys can hold out until the school year we have an amazing smashfest going on every friday.

btw does anyone know if Game Underground holds weekly smashfests like GameUniverse did before?
I don't think so yet.
Maybe the somerville one.
Stop by with some smashers and see

Lasker

Smash Rookie
My friend and I are hungry to play someone new in melee. Were both pretty good and this seems like the closest thing to us. When is the next time you guys are playing and are there any melee players?

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
There are melee players and good ones. The next time this starts up is sometime September. I can't say the exact date cause I don't go to BU or know when all the club things start going into effect. Needless to say, you'll have fun playing the other melee players.

Top Bottom