• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash in Boston, MA! It's the summer so if you're hosting advertise here! Update 6/12

see.blue

Smash Rookie
Formal introduction too for me too. Been in Boston area for ages, but just started playing melee seriously recently.

Anyways, once the school year starts back up, if there's anyone on here who's a BU student who'd be down to kick it and play some melee outside of smash fridays, PM me (I'll try to check inbox every once in a while), or just come by StuVi #1, 409 and introduce yourself (ask for Pete). Otherwise I hope to see the rest of you guys at smash fridays

Prawn

Smash Master
justblaze i like to "blaze" as well

get @ me

if that is what your sn refers to

Prawn

Smash Master
dude wtf why dont i go then

when are these starting up again ololol

Justblaze647

Smash Lord
Running for my life in the forests of Eelong
Oh, I heard about you, Prawn... Don't worry, I already got you on my hit list ;)

lol Ironically enough, that is not where my name comes from. I just took the name of one of my favorite music producers and added my three favorite numbers. However, I have been known to "blaze" more than often lol

I'm already looking forward to meeting you guys :)

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Prawn start playing more.

Also Justblaze, Holyoke is near Roman. Play him often :D

If anyone wants to play more (I hope so. I really want to start playing more with the Mass community in general and I haven't met half the people who have posted in this thread) send me a PM, or a text, or just quote this post lol

Also my location is a lie. I live in Quincy, which is really easy to get to from Boston via the Red Line. Also very easy to get into Boston using that same line.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
I have no idea how long I'll be back for, honestly. I'm kind of at a limbo between here and NY. I'm applying for a bunch of jobs in this area, so I might be staying here if one pulls through (Hopefully..)

Blanky

Smash Journeyman
Prawn start playing more.

Also Justblaze, Holyoke is near Roman. Play him often :D

If anyone wants to play more (I hope so. I really want to start playing more with the Mass community in general and I haven't met half the people who have posted in this thread) send me a PM, or a text, or just quote this post lol

Also my location is a lie. I live in Quincy, which is really easy to get to from Boston via the Red Line. Also very easy to get into Boston using that same line.
i want to play you sometime! :)

Vyyruss

Smash Apprentice
Where do you guys play? I'm in New London, CT right now Boston is a couple hours away, but I've been wanting to play some competitive Brawl for a little while now. Where can I find places in Boston?

otg

Smash Master
Is there going to be any Melee related going on after the 21st of July? I'm going to be on a roadtrip all over upstate NY/NE and I'd like to make a pit stop in Mass to hang out with my favorite bunch of ******* (i'm looking at you Roman.)

Where you at?

NemoSomeN

Smash Rookie
Any regularly scheduled games still going on? I just moved here from MS and I've been itching to play. Kinda suck though, haha.

Justblaze647

Smash Lord
Running for my life in the forests of Eelong
why do you think this?
I know for sure that I'll never win a Melee tournament unless I'm playing against a bunch of scrubs. Melee is a game that takes a lot of diligence to become great. Diligence is something that takes time. In that respect, many melee players have a head start on me as far as total time spent honing their skills. I played the game casually since it's inception up until when I joined smashboards (so that's two years ago, give or take).Melee is a game that rewards excellence, and punishes mistakes, very badly. I've never gotten to the point where I was comfortable with my skill level in Melee. Like I said, I'll never have a problem enjoying melee, even if I'm getting the business. But I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that the gap in skill level between myself, and my opponent, cannot be closed by a few good reads and safe play. Plus I have a mental block when playing against certain characters. Like Fox, for example. Ever since that first time I got waveshined *shudders*

tl;dr: Melee is much to complex for me to feel comfortable placing money on the line.

On the other hand, with Brawl, I know I can win.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Ohhhh, someone thinks Brawl is an easy game apparently. We need to teach you a lesson when you come over *_*

Top Bottom