• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash in Boston, MA! It's the summer so if you're hosting advertise here! Update 6/12

dawall250

Smash Journeyman
Sorry about the delay on posting, lotsa **** going down for me, so I haven't been able to keep up with smashboards. Anyhow, HYPE THIS FRIDAY FOR FIST OF THE OVERKILL! Again, sorry about the lateness which may prevent some of you from coming who have already made plans. but if you haven't, come! it'll be great fun!

Kurse

Smash Rookie
pffft, all the best people know that fist of the overkill is sooo much better than AB
and by better I mean cheaper >.>

Kurse

Smash Rookie
request sent! I have an account but I've never really posted before, I'm such a lurker

Raeef

Smash Rookie
Hopefully this will be a successful tourney even though its on a bad date.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Imo if this tourney turned out bad it won't be the date to blame but rather really bad planning. I remember alot more effort was spent on the first tourney then this one. Advertisment is almost non-existent for this tourney, and I saw no one making much effort to make this one successful.

tl;dr don't use Anime Boston as an excuse if we have a bad tourney

:mad:

etecoon

Smash Hero
When: Sign-ups at 8, Begins at 830-9
Where: NOT the GSU basement. We will move upstairs into the back court of the GSU around 6 or 7. Where is the back court? First floor, take a left. Go into the seating area, and you'll see a particular section on your left. Or, just give us a call if you can't find us.
assuming this means PM? I probably can't come anyway though D:

etecoon

Smash Hero
what time/where? didn't see any info about it in my subscribed threads here or the tournament calendar or NEPR on aib

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Uhhh brawl doubs starting at 11 am and singles 4 pm on Sat. But it would be a total shame to go to AB just to play Brawl though, Nobuo Uematsu will be there!

etecoon

Smash Hero
**** :/ I work night shift and there's pretty much no chance of getting friday/saturday off, usually I just take a nap and show up in time for singles, FML

dawall250

Smash Journeyman
I think people didn't advertise or care as much after it was found out to be on the same date as Anime Boston. Ah whatever, it'll be a good time regardless. Maybe with less people we won't have to break into CAS to do loser's finals....

Rachmaninav89

Smash Apprentice
I'm trolling in a thread where I should be hyping this tournament. BWAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

warrenb

Smash Apprentice
Anime Boston is for fgts. I will be trollin all cosplay ***s because the Venue is 2 streets over from my house lulz. I'm showing up to this probably.

Prawn

Smash Master
ok so i think omster dropped out cause he has yugioh regionals(a game he actually ***** at) the next day,

soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

i might be here idk gotta see what im up to and what do you guys think the attendance will be?

Rachmaninav89

Smash Apprentice
attendance.... considering the late advertising, I would suspect around 20 people. maybe a bit more if we're lucky

Genos

Smash Apprentice
Are you guys doing friendlies until the tournament starts? I haven't played in a month but I'd like to at least lose my matches semi-competently. Lol.

Raeef

Smash Rookie
Results for the tournament on Saturday:

1: Matty T Pedoya (Koolaid)
2: rach
3: yume
4: raeef
5: fats
5: dawall
7: TLTC
7: albert.
9: kurse
9: amro
9: genos
9: lance
13: akc12
13: 9breaker
13: dave

Overall, this was a successful tournament despite the low turn out.

Top Bottom