• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Podcasts! Ask S2J QUESTIONS!!!

t3h Icy

Smash Master
What other characters do you play for fun when you take a break from Samus?

MacD

Banned via Administration
i'll be glad to interviewer

i can be loud
i speak english well
... idk if there are any other qualifications

also lol fly, hugo wants to know that too

DanteFox

Smash Champion
What are you're worst matchups?

Oldschool vs. Newschool: Do you think the oldschool players had better mindgames/were smarter players than players today?

If you were to captain the next WC vs EC crew battle, who would you put on the WC?

DJMirror

Smash Master
stab get a due date for the questions and have a poll on which questions you wanna ask hugs

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
I don't have premium, so I can't make polls. Besides, I think it's better if HugS just goes through and picks whichever ones he wants to answer. It'd be dumb forcing questions on him he doesn't want to answer or leaving out a question that he has a good response to.

And for the due date, uh....how about the Thursday before NHS. That way we can work on it at JDM's the day after.

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
I'd like to say this is a great idea, and its made even better by picking an articulate, smart, and accomplished smasher like HugS. He's the kind of guy that anyone who loves this game would just want to sit down with and pick his brain. I guess I can give a few questions a shot:

I know this is really vague, but it'd be nice to hear some really old-school, "you had to be there" stories about retired players. Did Ken get nervous? How was Azen and Ken's rivalry like on a personal level? What'd it feel like to beat Wes at Getting Schooled? How bout he opposite: losing in crews to him in FC? Just want to get some stories out of a guy who I know must have tons.

How did you come across making a completely new style for Samus instead of just copying Wes?
I really like this question. Maintaining the balance between copying good tactics and having your own style is hard.

When and to whom did you bet your name (Hugs) against another man in a money match against his $100 dollars?

Who won this match?

When the winner won this match, what was he gracious enough to do?
lolol straight 06 ****.

Vro

Smash Lord
Hugs what things should you focus on to quickly adapt to players? I find that I play extremely better against players I've played more than 5 matches with. There are players of equal or lesser skill that sometimes surprise me when we meet for the first time in bracket.

What did you whisper in Mango's ear at p4!?

banyah87

Smash Cadet
Hey Hugs, would you say that Samus players can have different styles? Some characters, like Falco, are relatively limited to a single playing style, (which isn't necessarily a bad thing.) Is that the case for Samus?

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
how come you beat my falcon so horribly and then let my falco do pretty good despite dudes like s2j telling me youre way better vs falco than you are vs falcon? now i have no idea what character i should actually use vs samus

Jack of Blades!

Smash Journeyman
HugS, what made you switch to ROB when playing Brawl instead of sticking with Samus?

Do you play 64 at all, and if so do you use Samus?

Was Samus your first character you picked up?

Are you really good with Samus in her Metroid games?

Was the Samus color you use now always your favorite color to use?

Who is your favorite/best match up with Samus?

Who are the top 5 Samus players right now?

SAMUS!!!!

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
Well the podcast was recorded as planned.

Hugo went through and picked which questions he wanted to answer and was somewhat picky about it so don't feel bad if your question wasn't answered.

As for the third section which was supposed to be character specific advice and stuff, due to extenuating circumstances, Hugo was only able to give advice for the falcon matchup.

Everything else went fine though so get hyped for the upload (which may or may not be after I upload the tourney videos).

Clint_Eastwood

Smash Apprentice
This whole thing was really well put together guys. Hugs answered the questions honestly and had some really good advice. So, thanks!! I hope you continue with this. It would be ****ing sweet to get an interview with Mango or Isai.

Kanelol

Smash Lord
Background noise makes me a sad panda, but the content is good. EDIT: I lol'd when Mango interjected. What tournament was this recorded at?

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
Podcast #2 will feature the socal ICs pro, Fly Amanita!!!!

Ask your questions!

gogogogogogogogogo

It will be recorded in 2 weeks most likely at a UCSD tri-weekly.

MacD

Banned via Administration
i can answer that one right now... he tries, then goes secondaries, then loses, then gets really mad and shakes my hand violently, then goes off and sulks, then comes and appoligizes later how he handled himself rudely

give or take something like <3 fly, you think he can really talk for a whole podcast? it's going to be like 3 min tops

Top Bottom