• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash to the Future on hiatus for the summer!

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
IIRC the old vro zones were on Tuesdays and Thursdays starting in the early afternoon (~3pm). I'm going to be taking summer classes and working this summer, but I can probably lock these days in if I plan right.

ORLY

Smash Master
@Tink: when I do win money, I earn it, you condescending twit. Come down from your ivory tower and try to show me how much better you are than me. Last time we played, I 2-0'd you and I'll gladly do it again, "top pro".

@Sveet: I'll happily come to the Joe Zones. New place, new name! Let me know when you hammer out the details!

Thanking ACEN and university finals for a less than staggering attendance, it was fun to play the guys from NU. The timing didn't match up for a big showing but it was a good day.

Once Metroid e-mails me the TIO file, I'll put up a results thread.

But for now:

Singles:
ORLY
TGD
Metroid

P:M:
Metroid
TGD
ORLY

Tink

Smash Hero
ROFLLL....dude, get off the nuts....i had the highest rated attendance at the vro zone to begin with(other then cary)...once in a lifetime? go to smashfest twice a week for almost 7 years and get back to me 0_0.

@chris....dude, u wanna piss me off on here and bring up bull****!? how about u never paying your way for gas for months with ppl cause you were too broke too(including one ride with me, and not caring)......the time u smashed my ****ing door into another car and basically said "**** it"... and plenty others...seriously, i haveee cause to think badly on you, a person that doesnt care about anything then what he needs, cause from experience, u just dont give a ****.

u beat me in pools....exact example of how ppl dont try as hard unless its bracket and things are on the line. what u get at that tourny afterwards? 1st seed that went 0-2? get outta my tower? i earned it by beating good players IN tournament.

if theres any more of these, i wont be coming anyway...good luck.

metroid1117

Smash Master
I'm sad to see the drama going down, but yesterday was a lot of fun. Thanks to ORLY for hosting, Good Doctor for giving us a ride to the venue, and Kyle for giving us a ride back home! You guys are awesome :). Also, congratulations to ORLY to winning Melee Singles!

Also, to anyone who was at the tournament - I'm disappointed to tell you that the videos for P:M bracket and the first 20 minutes of Melee pools were somehow not converted properly and therefore lost. However, P:M pools, P:M GF, the rest of Melee pools, and Melee bracket were all saved. I'll try to get them up by Tuesday.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I'm sad to see the drama going down, but yesterday was a lot of fun. Thanks to ORLY for hosting, Good Doctor for giving us a ride to the venue, and Kyle for giving us a ride back home! You guys are awesome :). Also, congratulations to ORLY to winning Melee Singles!

Also, to anyone who was at the tournament - I'm disappointed to tell you that the videos for P:M bracket and the first 20 minutes of Melee pools were somehow not converted properly and therefore lost. However, P:M pools, P:M GF, the rest of Melee pools, and Melee bracket were all saved. I'll try to get them up by Tuesday.
you still have the files? i might be able to re-encode them

metroid1117

Smash Master
you still have the files? i might be able to re-encode them
No, I checked the size of the lost files and compared it to functioning files of similar length; the lost files are the proper length and have audio going throughout the entire time, but the decrease in file space suggests that there's no video for most of the file. I don't have the original files anymore, but if you still want me to send the lost files I can upload them somewhere.

Meneks

Smash Lord
Meneks will you come to smash oclock at the sveet humble abode?
If these are hosted during the summer, and I know when they're going to happen like 2-3 days before, I'd definitely make arrangements to come to these.

I'm trying to get to as many smashfests as I can since I don't have the game to practice anymore haha.

Luckily the inner city smash scene has been growing so thats something I guess

Lanceinthepants

Smash Lord
Man Chris you missed the chance for a Back to the Future reference in the title, unless the date is one and I missed it.

ORLY

Smash Master
You're right, Lance! I hadn't even considered it.

Lemme try and think of something.

ORLY

Smash Master
lol that's just as far ahead as they would let me set the date

people should be paying attention to sveet's smashing grounds thread

not this one! this is a different thing!

Top Bottom