• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash UK Discussion Thread - Check first post for tournaments, facebook info and videos!

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
HIIII JO3 BABY lol.

This is fun init, i'm glad you're enjoying the show. :)
This is what smashboards is all about time to time, and funny enough it's what I was talking about what it needs more of earlier when VA, Zepoo and Ben were crying about it and VA was making one of the biggest outbursts about it and said that it doesn't need to happen.......and then next you know he's causing and participating in it :confused: :confused: :confused:

I don't think that happened, you're just a big twister of the truth.

I'm not really arguing with you either, I just defended myself againt your slander. I do happen to know quite a bit about improving without good players to practice with, I barely wrote about tech skill if you actually read my post, there was a lot more to take out of it than that. It didn't sound like you were talking about the basics in your post but my smash apprentice in brighton has the same problem as gm jack, he knows what he should be doing just can't do it but my advice applies anyway. Just focus on one thing at a time rather than SHFFL BLAH BLAH perfect everything....

you should learn to do one specific thing like shffl one aerial to grab or whatever and focus on getting it in your game. far more useful than having tech itself are the applications....

Also the reason I don't want to argue with you is because you only feel like you win because you basically ignore everything I write or interpret it in some really obscure way that fits your cause, there's not a lot I can say in all honesty without being wrong by you because you're a senseless troll.
Sorry to dissapoint you VA but you are arguing lol. :( :(
So sorry I am making you realize you are going against your word but this is the reality of the situation...:confused:

And you said you don't want to argue with me because I feel I am all the time right but in this situation I am actually not wrong lol.
I presented information which was valid for his situation and you read my post wrong and then tried to make it seem like I was silly lol.

But yeah all I did was present a simple piece of information which was still VERY valid to gm jacks case, I could not be bothered to go into detail.
And can you stop trying to show me the advice that you gave him for me to approve it to me cos I haven't actually said that your information was wrong. I just said I could not be bothered to type it and MY information was still right.

And also that you percieved my post wrong as you tried to say I was telling him to learn and practice 'FLASHY BULL****' when I simply told him to become consistent with his tech skill as he said he can't do the basics like L-cancelling and stuff.

But we all know you wanted to come along as the smashboards hero and be like 'I'VE BEEN IN THAT SITUATION BEFORE I KNOW WHAT TO DO.....DON'T LISTEN TO ANYONELSE, ADD ME ON MSN NOWWWWW I WILL FOREVER BE YOUR GUIDE!!!!'

L-J

Smash Ace
The thing is, it is the basics that kill me. L-cancelling and short hopping consistently aren't easy for me, while properly SHFFLing is a real hit or miss situation. I know if I want to get any good, I can't afford to miss a forward air because I full not short hop or get grabbed because I miss an L cancel. I know what I need to do, but am struggling to get the muscle memory down so that I can concentrate on playing instead of tech skill.

I know most other courses are a lot, but vet med kind of takes the piss, which isn't helped as all my supervisiors siad I should be aiming for a first. Besides, I don't have a setup :p:p.

And the early mornings are fine once you are up. I would only be sleeping otherwise.
This is my 2 cents. First off, I know how much time vet med takes up at Cambridge compared to other courses and tbh if practising tech skill for half an hour here an there isn't your idea of relaxation (combined with not already having a setup there) then it's best to forget about the possibility of doing any during term time. For me, it does relax me and, on the rare occasions when I'm free and have nothing better to do, I do enjoy doing it because I know it's going to make me a better player.

As far as what VA has said regarding tech skill practise and its usefulness, I mostly agree. Setting yourself goals to achieve that will actually improve your performance in match situations is more useful than practising things you know you can already do very well/consistently, for example. However, I also agree with something I saw Raynex post a while ago: whatever you do in a 'training' session on your own against a level 1/3 bot, something positive will always come out of it if you properly apply yourself to it. I'm well aware there have been days when I've practised for an hour, say, doing things with fox which I know aren't particularly useful in their own right(e.g. shine turnaround bair so both hit, ala falco), but in practising it, my consistency in doing the same maneuver to just hit the backair (which most definately IS useful) has improved. This is just one example obviously, but I believe whatever you do when you train, it's always doing some good.

gm jack

Smash Lord
From what I gather, a lot of Sheik's game is Dthrow tech chasing shenanigans. Hard to practice on bots. Aside from that, all I am doing is trying to get SHFFLing, WDing OoS and such consistent. Nothing too fancy, but I think it's something people who are able to do it overlook. If you play the game as the metagame unfolds, stuff like this gets gradually more ingrained, so it is natural. If you try to jump in at the deep end, there is a hell of a lot to take in just to be up to speed.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
EXACTLY.

That is one of the reasons why I didn't present you with a lot of information, because you didn't seem like a very experienced player and you still did not have decent amount of TECH SKILL.
And THEN you could have moved on from there.

VA is presenting information for people with a good amount of tech skill and want to move on from there, which is not the case for you.

Things will layout as they have for everyonelse for you after awhile.
But VA wanted to be the information guru which is why you got a whole load of information shoved in your face.

X1-12

Smash Champion
From what I gather, a lot of Sheik's game is Dthrow tech chasing shenanigans. Hard to practice on bots. Aside from that, all I am doing is trying to get SHFFLing, WDing OoS and such consistent. Nothing too fancy, but I think it's something people who are able to do it overlook. If you play the game as the metagame unfolds, stuff like this gets gradually more ingrained, so it is natural. If you try to jump in at the deep end, there is a hell of a lot to take in just to be up to speed.
i can JC shine like 3/4 in a row consistantly and platform cancel marth's F-air like 50% of the time but i still havn't learn to WD OoS properly yet

gm jack

Smash Lord
WDing OoS seems like such a basic and **** usful thing to be able to do. Grab people spacing just outside shield grab range and retreat quickly from gaps in shield pressure? And it isn't too hard? It seems like one of these skills that is really basic to be able to do because it allows you to punish/escape punishment in so many easy opportunities.

X1-12

Smash Champion
WDing OoS seems like such a basic and **** usful thing to be able to do. Grab people spacing just outside shield grab range and retreat quickly from gaps in shield pressure? And it isn't too hard? It seems like one of these skills that is really basic to be able to do because it allows you to punish/escape punishment in so many easy opportunities.
i know its just i have to seriously think when i do it, i end up either rolling or just jumping then air dodging, when i have to do it i have to switch fingers so i shield with L then WD with R

Deathgazer

Smash Ace
escaping shield pressuring with that tactic is not as easy as you think. Id say the best option is to roll out of it, you get hitstun after every attack so you cant jump out/wavedash oos as quick.

back to the technical topic, its not too hard but i think turnaround waveshine => utilt it quite useful with fox.

VA

Smash Hero
You were the one that went insane saying I'd claimed to be the most technical player in europe which is mostly what I was contesting because I'm not!

Anyway, as I already said I read your advice wrong and I didn't really talk about it much afterwards, there are a lot of other things to take out of my post. And GM Jack doesn't quite have the right info on sheiks game. But nvm.

Pickled_No0b

Smash Journeyman
****, familly ****, **** that...

TC- please let me know your address and I might be able to come at the start/end of the day. How early / late can i arrive?

gm jack

Smash Lord
Work has piled up, and I really need to get some revision down, so I think I'll have to pull out of it.

Deathgazer said:
escaping shield pressuring with that tactic is not as easy as you think. Id say the best option is to roll out of it, you get hitstun after every attack so you cant jump out/wavedash oos as quick.
I was referring more to somewhat neutral situations. Roll is a fixed distance and fairly laggy, and hence if read, you can be punished hard for it (e.g. Mangos first rest on Armada at Genesis was punishing a roll). If they decide to chase down the WD OoS, then you are still in shield with all the same options as before.

Tamoo

Smash Master
Hmm, well, if you are being shield pressured, they probs can't get to you quick enough if you just roll out of the way. Wavedashing oos gives rise to the risk of getting hit on your jumping and landing animation. All in all, rolling the **** out is the safest way to do it.

But def get wavedash oos down, bloody useful. I find it easier with one trigger button tho, can't use the R button to save my life :s

Pickled_No0b

Smash Journeyman
gm jack- I was watching overtriforce play shiek vs falco (pollion) at TSL4, and his tactic was basically to run in and shield right in front of the lasering falco, so effective, you should take a look. (then ofc you can wavedash oos if you need to move on quickly)

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Ok first of all, sorry for being so late with this post lol. Just clearing some stuff up.

IF ANYONE WANTS TO KNOW WHERE TO GO CHECK THE FIRST POST ON THIS THREAD: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=109160

Check www.tfl.gov.uk for travel directions. <--

I told my mum people can come at like 4 pm to 11 pm, I was hoping for 2 pm but I think she's going to wake up at 2 and have a shower and get ready so 4 pm it is. :/ We'll all be in my upstairs room, not the living room, so it'll be a bit of a squeeze but I'm pretty sure 10 will fit.

Also, here's my current list. PLEASE TELL ME IF I HAVE LEFT YOU OFF OF IT.

Attending:

Hugo
Tamoo
Dave
Prof
Pickled_Noob
Fuzzyness
Gantz
The Lust
j3ly
X1-12

That makes 10, I'm not sure if I can actually take more than that. >_<

u got space for one more alex? id be really on that, can 100% bring a CD and memory card, but hellz no to bringing my cube (too many wires around the central jam area of my room, they are all selotaped together, bringing it would be pandemonium. If anybody can supply the wires however... i could bring my cube, card and game)

so long as nobody tries to invite a bunch of fat hookers (dujuan..) id love to come!

dunno if housing is even being offered, but i dont need housing.

also if your mum going to be in the whole day? she makes smoking in the garden lawlessly difficult xD
Ok, np. My Mum will be in but also some of my sisters friends are over so you may be able to have a social smoke in the garden lol.

I've asked The Lust and he said he wants to come.

I'm still yet to ask Last Dragon and Alpha Dash but I will get round to it.

J3ly - I could supply all the wires if you were to bring the cube and game if that's alright with you.
Btw is there any chance in any recording equipment being at this???

Gantz might be able to bring his laptop so is anyone has a Dazzle and know how to load the program on his laptop and can do alol that fiddly stuff with the wires that would be good :).
Ok.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p36_WG8iQ2g

Look at our Unreal ****** **** and stealing them Mario Kart world records :'(

And also this....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcIQ_CHH81s

Also look at him at the number one here......he's doing us Londoners proud lol.

http://www.mariokart64.com/mkds/coursen.php?cid=21
Good **** Lewis lol.

wow looks like a lot of people are going, is your house big enough TC?! Also, i assume you live in walking distance from the high street, you'll have to let me know your address
See the link I posted lol.

I think TC is the most technical person in Europe but it just freezes as soon he is at tournaments as well.......isn't that right TC lol?
This is true, lol. :) One day I WILL SHOW MY TRUE COLOURS.

lol reading your arguments is like watching a sitcom.

you've got Pro with his 'im right your wrong' approach

VA with his 'well actually im pretty good and i disagree' approach

and Fuzzy piping in with 'lol rofl lmao i can do everything lmao rofl lol'

the rest of you are like guest stars apart from TC who is the comedy relief
lol Joe <3

yet im better than you both, its like arguing for 2nd place innit :0 OHH BEEF
Joe is right lool!

Jolteon

I'm pretty sure we'll have 3-4 set-ups.

1 tv from downstairs (leave one there for my sister's friends lol :/), 1 from my mum's room, 1 in my room and Hugo said he will bring a VGA box so I can also use my monitor for a set-up. Just need to think of where to set them up in my room lol

Tamoo

Smash Master
Sounds awesome :)

though from my experience, the VGA box lagged a bit, although we may have alleviated the lag at some point, i can't remember.

Also, is there any recording going on, i'm def bringing my laptop cos i need sumthing to do on the train lol, but sumone needs to bring capturing device. Fuzzy, didn't u get something recently? We can try it out here or sumthing

Jolteon

I think only 1 recording set-up might be better, cause I'm not really sure how many plug sockets I have in my room if anyone needs to charge. I think I'm going to check now actually.

/e Is anyone able to contact Adam or Callum to tell them to read this thread? I've tried phoning them but it seems they're busy or something.

Jolteon

wow I only have 2 sockets lol.

So with 2 extension leads we have 8 sockets, which is 4 set-ups, so make sure your laptop is fully charged. ~_~

Jolteon

Nah I don't want to plug extension leads into another extension lead lol, I got plenty though.

Pickled_No0b

Smash Journeyman
sounds good TC, but i may not be there till 6pm, also, i missed your call earlier, was it anything important?

see you noobs tomorrow!

Jolteon

I was just calling to tell you to read this thread because my post was so last minute, that's all, don't worry. :p

See you tomorrow lol

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
You were the one that went insane saying I'd claimed to be the most technical player in europe which is mostly what I was contesting because I'm not!

Anyway, as I already said I read your advice wrong and I didn't really talk about it much afterwards, there are a lot of other things to take out of my post. And GM Jack doesn't quite have the right info on sheiks game. But nvm.
loool You were basically implying you were the most technical in Europe yourself by saying.....
I can do more fox bull**** that any other in the europe (sorry prof but I can)
So sorry Mr Arguing VA

I am confirmed for the 30th.

Get hypeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
loool Wow, so did my directions on msn actually help you out to get you to come instead of Fuzzy's gay and longer directions.

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
I don't know yet. I was gonna head down to this on the day with Yeniths. I might come back on the same day or I might want housing. I'll sort it out soon.

VA

Smash Hero
are you implying that tech skill equals bull****? because I was implying I can do loads of flashy crap, which I can. I'm not the most technical though, as you know they are not the same thing.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
lol No and you knew I wasn't implying that but once again you just want to feel like you have won on subject.
:( I don't mean to make you feel like you have to clutch on to some sort of win :(

You basically implied that you were the most technical in Europe.
Flashy stuff relates to technical skill.
The same way if you were to say who the most technical player in the world is you would think Silent Wolf because he does a whole load a of useless flashy stuff.

But anyway you were implying you were the most technical person in Europe but thanks for admitting you're not.

Thanks for still arguing btw, every moment I see you go against your word brings a lul to my life.

VA

Smash Hero
You would THINK silentwolf but it's actually armada. I never said I'm the most technical player in europe, I said I can do the most flashy **** with Fox. You can't deny that they're different, SilentWolf was able to do a lot of crazy stuff but he also was super consistent with it and rarely made mistakes with any advanced techniques. Also most of his proof of tech skill videos weren't tournament play they were in his room, I could make one of those if I wanted to. I'm telling you I didn't intend to imply that I'm the most technical in Europe, you interpreted it that way so you can't actually contest that!

I can argue all day son because it just highlights how ****ing stupid the boards are by indulging you, you never shut up. So I won't either.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
You would THINK silentwolf but it's actually armada. I never said I'm the most technical player in europe, I said I can do the most flashy **** with Fox. You can't deny that they're different, SilentWolf was able to do a lot of crazy stuff but he also was super consistent with it and rarely made mistakes with any advanced techniques. Also most of his proof of tech skill videos weren't tournament play they were in his room, I could make one of those if I wanted to. I'm telling you I didn't intend to imply that I'm the most technical in Europe, you interpreted it that way so you can't actually contest that!
Actually Mew2king is more technical then Armada if you're gonna talk about tech skill in that sense lol.
Sorry, but he really is.

I know there is a difference but I don't say 'flashy bull****' everytime I want to describe it and in the terms and the subject I was using the word 'technical' it was pretty obvious I was relataing it to 'flashy bull****'
So I will repeat the exact same thing if that's alright with you........YOU'RE not the most technical fox in Europe.

And actually I have seen Silent Wolf do his technical stuff in tournament matches all the time lol.
Obviously he doesn't go into as much when he is playing against no-one.........but that's cos he's playing against no-one lol.

Also you can make one of these vidoes since no-one knows anything about this hidden tech skill which never appears when anyone from the community is around looool :confused: :confused: :confused:

I can argue all day son because it just highlights how ****ing stupid the boards are by indulging you, you never shut up. So I won't either.
LOOOOOOL WOWWW. I can actually feel the annoyance, anger and emotionalness coming out of this comment right here.
:bee: Im happy im bringing this out of you :bee:

Tbh this just highlights how upset you get and how you can never keep your word or stop causing and participating in arguements lol :confused: :confused: :confused:
Can you say you're gonna do somethingelse please so the community can watch you go against it again??? :)

This is like lul 5 from your replies or something of going against your word lol....are you ever going to stay true to wirds :confused: :confused:
Im gonna continue to count......

Top Bottom