• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash UK Discussion Thread - Check first post for tournaments, facebook info and videos!

jjlinyard

Smash Ace
@Unreal I reckon me and you could murk as a team.... just saying.

Oh yeah gonna see if I can host a smashfest soon seeing as im annoyed i couldnt make the monthly.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Why couldnt you make this anyway...and yeah it would be good if you could host a fest...I would most def be looking to come and bring some people and maybe if AC comes he could get an extra TV depending on the room we will be playing in.

Don't just say it though....DO ONE LOL!!!!

Also unreal you should still try and host that fest that you were previously looking to do

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Alpha Dash isnt my long term team partner though, he's my team partner because we're in the same crew lol.

And looks like R.O.B had a nice little boost with his aerial mobility and attacking from it...which looks pretty sick and actually slightly broken

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OM2zcqrk7TA&feature=related
oh lol, well honestly I'd be interested IF we would team at most events, cause I want to improve team synergy with someone and have a really **** team.

/e wow rob's fair is really ********

jjlinyard

Smash Ace
@Prof - just came back from holiday so no money + 2 parties that night so woulda had to leave early anyways.

Yeah I shall let you no the details when I found a good date.

L-J

Smash Ace
I like how everyone's now looking for more long term teammates - honestly I feel like it'd be good for future doubles tournaments to have established teams playing eachother to build up some rivalries and hype. If it's just random people playing with/against eachother each time it's not as good imo.

Tamoo

Smash Master
There should be a list of all the people who want a perma-teammate so that you can find eachother, like a matchmaking service of sorts

also people shouldn't be discouraged from teaming if they've done bad at a tournament, it happens. If you're lucky, it'll just click but most of the time it won't and it will take time

Heartstring

Smash Legend
im hoping ive got myself a perma brawl partner in jmiller, but i dont think that will last
although im teaming with mr. dirt at apex, which is a double ganon team...IN BRAWL!
manliness will be felt all round XD

if someone does need a partner for melee feel free to ask me, im always up for playing doubles (im better at it than singles in both games)

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Snaked! guess I'm looking for a doubles partner now...
WASTE....I never said that you were my permanent team partner...in fact I was talking about teaming with other OoC members in the past right in front of your face...

I don't know if I want a permanent team partner though, but I do want to team with someone NEW for the next event and see if I can still win it with them lol

SO WHO WANTS TO TEAM WITH ME NEXT EVENT???

Edit - If you are wondering how good I am...please refer to this earlier post

Also im the best teams partner in the UK....*Walks off knowing he's right and cannot be disproven*

Heartstring

Smash Legend
WASTE....I never said that you were my permanent team partner...in fact I was talking about teaming with other OoC members in the past right in front of your face...

I don't know if I want a permanent team partner though, but I do want to team with someone NEW for the next event and see if I can still win it with them lol

SO WHO WANTS TO TEAM WITH ME NEXT EVENT???
if you can win with me as your partner, then you really are no.1 in the uk. ready to prove this to be the case?

Jolteon

by permanent I don't mean "team at every event ever", I just mean team at 99% of events lol.

but yeah idk if you wanna team with different people I'll just stick with charles, though maybe we could team once more or every now and then for the ****+lulz.

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
jolteon if you dont team with prof we can team up, we destroyed gantz and last dragon last time. we could get a little team UGS going on lol (I dont think I'd go peach though) If anything we can practice.

rustediron

Smash Lord
what did i do?
oooh, your remote, yeah it went to tamoo i think (i cant remember all you gaiz names, so sorry if i get dem wrong)

also, willz, hopefully confirmed
That wasn't what I meant lol, though cheers, I'll get it off him at some point then

Charles: I can do 20th Aug but not 10th Sep

But clearly do it 13 Aug :D

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
Willz cancelled the 20th August in Leicester so I think that would probably be best, that would give us enough time and I think a lot of people could come.

VA

Smash Hero
Also im the best teams partner in the UK....*Walks off knowing he's right and cannot be disproven*
First of all, props on knowing how to call me out. Second of all being the "best X in the UK" is hardly a great accolade to hold, it's extremely easy to claim and near impossible to prove, not to mention rather crap since we're not exactly the best country in the world (have been compared to Israel?). Third, I am quite clearly the best teams partner in the UK :p

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
First of all, props on knowing how to call me out. Second of all being the "best X in the UK" is hardly a great accolade to hold, it's extremely easy to claim and near impossible to prove, not to mention rather crap since we're not exactly the best country in the world (have been compared to Israel?). Third, I am quite clearly the best teams partner in the UK :p
Well if we had an SNY, I said you and prof should team anyway. at least you dont have to take unexpected knees in your back.

For fun I want a friendly: Me and jolteon vs Prof and fuzzy

VA

Smash Hero
I think me and prof only lost 1 game when we teamed? Then again that happened when I teamed with Swizzy the first time as well.

L-J

Smash Ace
Well while Prof is attending events and winning doubles every time and you're...not, he's doing a better job of backing up his claim than you are VA :p You are good in teams though. Also the whole 'UK is crap and therefore it's pointless claiming to be anything within it' argument is pretty lame on a number of levels especially coming from someone who won't attend our tournaments.

And my team has intentions on preventing that first statement from being the case in the future baha.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
if we were to have anothe SNY, i would attend.
i should actually get ahold of kone and see about holding a large brawl and melee event at his venue, as although my venue rocked, it is in the middle of nowhere good

Jolteon

Teams list:

LJ+Tamoo
Jolteon+Fuzzyness
Yeniths+X1-12
GM Jack+Crabman
?

People looking for partners:

Unreal
JJLinyard
Bullet Bill
?

if we were to have anothe SNY, i would attend.
i should actually get ahold of kone and see about holding a large brawl and melee event at his venue, as although my venue rocked, it is in the middle of nowhere good
Ed's already said he's not interested in hiring the venue for other people. :urg:

VA

Smash Hero
Well while Prof is attending events and winning doubles every time and you're...not, he's doing a better job of backing up his claim than you are VA :p You are good in teams though. Also the whole 'UK is crap and therefore it's pointless claiming to be anything within it' argument is pretty lame on a number of levels especially coming from someone who won't attend our tournaments.

And my team has intentions on preventing that first statement from being the case in the future baha.
This is babble.

Anyway I was thinking I might come to a tournament at some point in the future, if that's ok with you L-J.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Prof if you think G-Ps gonna be a bit too much of a weight to carry then I'd happily team with you at the next event.
LOL I was actually going to agree with teaming with you since G-P will prob be a bit too much to carry (sorry G-P, love you baby lol :)) but then I saw later that you said you want to team with Yeniths...

SO ANYONE WANT TO TEAM WITH ME THE NEXT TOURNAMENT

BTW if you say you want to team with me 1st it doesnt auto mean im teaming with you because I might prefer teaming with someonelse who wants to...not to sound like a **** or anything lol

For fun I want a friendly: Me and jolteon vs Prof and fuzzy
But.....that's destruction :confused:

Are you on a mission to feel as much dissapointment as possible?

seems like people didn't read my post before

might be able to host a smashfest at mine soon with 3 TVs and beds for people to sleep

ok
LOL depending on when it is I am def interested in going to this...will be fun to step into Southampton...****....and then leave, nothing too special though, the usual stuff.

Try and get a good few more people to come because obv you have 3 TV's AND also do you have recording equipment for the proof of ****?

This is babble.

Anyway I was thinking I might come to a tournament at some point in the future, if that's ok with you L-J.
You should try to come to the August one if there is one since apparently thats a good time before everyone goes back to uni or something...and of course a time to test out your ridiculous and of course wrong statement of you being the best team partner.

Also I want to see if you would dare go anyonelse except Peach against the great Professor Pro since i've heard of you playing all of these other characters....and of course i'm me which means that you will have to go your best otherwise it's an auto lose....to be fair anyone playing Professor Pro is an auto-lose but you can make your auto-lose look less auto-losable

Top Bottom