• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash UK Discussion Thread - Check first post for tournaments, facebook info and videos!

Heartstring

Smash Legend
if anyone wants to waste a few quid teaming with me then thats cool
but i suck at melee, i plan on coming to one of your fests and going for some hardcore melee lernings

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
For the new guys, Brawl Singles will be £5 Entry and Brawl Doubles will be £5 per team.

Also these 4 stages are banned: Pokemon Stadium 2, Pictochat, Brinstar & Rainbow Cruise.

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
It used to be £3, but the last 2 monthlies we have done £5.

And about the stage list. We did follow the unity ruleset, but they have changed it and its ****ing stupid now, so were sticking to the 10 legit stages that are never arguably bannable. Those 4 stages people have reasons for being banned, so they can just gtfo.

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
For the new guys, Brawl Singles will be £5 Entry and Brawl Doubles will be £5 per team.

Also these 4 stages are banned: Pokemon Stadium 2, Pictochat, Brinstar & Rainbow Cruise.
dude! thats not right man, its does state on the the first page (and on facebook) £2 entry for each, thats why i have soooo many new people coming because theyre willing to pay that but £5 i see a lot of people backing out, I was even gonna enter brawl singles and doubles but i'l have to think about this one now, if every game was £5 id be spending £25 on smash.... thats dead man, you need to rethink about this...

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
Here in Brighton we have a thing called the "Alpha Dash". It's where you pick peach and float across the entire stage (even DL) and do an aerial. See it in action at 2:30 - 2:32 of this video. I mix it up with bair sometimes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6NdC2cpXjY&feature=related
to be honest i dont know why it worked? why the 'alpha dash' though? id rather something named after me for a character i actually use though even if the move i did was garbage.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
phil, i was talking about melee in the first place
nah if we were talking croydon, id say to anyone to pay a few quid to enter with me and get free prize money at the end /cocky
also, the price is a little high there andy IMO, 4 is probably more acceptable, the few quid go a long way

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
you don't main peach anymore?
phil, i was talking about melee in the first place
nah if we were talking croydon, id say to anyone to pay a few quid to enter with me and get free prize money at the end /cocky
also, the price is a little high there andy IMO, 4 is probably more acceptable, the few quid go a long way
Na even £4 theres still so many things wrong here. the main pages have all stated for some time now that £2 you cant rais it suddenly 2 days before the tournament. Also its a london monthly, not a uk national (GT and phantom hits for example) so the price shouldnt really be so high, theres gonna be a lot more people attending this time so the pot should still be relatively moderate. At least the next monthlyu you can then do £5 for each event.

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
im going today, phil me and u may as well team up seeing as i aint got a doubles partner today. I should be teaming with Cong at the monthly though if he doesn't decide to back out last minute

L-J

Smash Ace
I'm teaming with Tamao soz Tristan.

Unless I see his Puff is hella rusty in pre-tourney friendlies in which case I'll probs ditch him and team with GP. Real talk.

:phone:

Heartstring

Smash Legend
L-J, regardless of how rusty his puff is, it wont be worse than me XD

also im not going to croydon, i live about 2 hours from london, i'm certainly not travelling to london just for that

as for brawl, im teaming with j.miller, dat low-mid tier team is broken, ike/luigi is seriously too good XD

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
Nah just turn up Cuba.

Alpha Dash the Brawl entry fee has been £5 the past 2 monthlies, which i stated before. Also when i asked Charles he said he didn't care its up to us. And the Brawl community pretty much agreed on this as well, it wasn't my initial thought to do it.

£2 is hella cheap lol there's nothing to play for IMO.

Also Londoners can't john about prices when SOME OF US have to pay like £30 to get to London and back.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
yes indeedy. saturday, it starts at 1;30 pm.
if youre new ill intro you to the brawlers, ill be wearing a green headband (as you do)

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
Nah just turn up Cuba.

Alpha Dash the Brawl entry fee has been £5 the past 2 monthlies, which i stated before. Also when i asked Charles he said he didn't care its up to us. And the Brawl community pretty much agreed on this as well, it wasn't my initial thought to do it.

£2 is hella cheap lol there's nothing to play for IMO.

Also Londoners can't john about prices when SOME OF US have to pay like £30 to get to London and back.
I understand where your coming from but like i said, not everyone is working or has that money especially the people I invited, if people back out thats less for the pot anyway, at least £3 but £5 that will mean a lot of people back out. and trust me as long as it said £2 on all the pages really thats what it should be, changing it literally 2 days before the event is very misleading. at least you can rewrite it and make it £5 for the next monthly...

Heartstring

Smash Legend
oh yeah andy, will you want me to bring my microphone for the commentary again?
also, to fix the apparent background noise problem we had at the last tournament, ive made something that fits on the mic to keep background noise out...
i call it...
a paper cone XD
well, that and holding it closer to those who are doing the talking, which i wasnt doing last time XD

also alpha dash, i challenge you to a money match, BO5, one quid, your r.o.b vs my ganon
i actually jsut want some matches to critique my ganon, but i would enjoy playing against a r.o.b XD

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
oh yeah andy, will you want me to bring my microphone for the commentary again?
also, to fix the apparent background noise problem we had at the last tournament, ive made something that fits on the mic to keep background noise out...
i call it...
a paper cone XD
well, that and holding it closer to those who are doing the talking, which i wasnt doing last time XD

also alpha dash, i challenge you to a money match, BO5, one quid, your r.o.b vs my ganon
i actually jsut want some matches to critique my ganon, but i would enjoy playing against a r.o.b XD
accepted, i look forward to it

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
I understand where your coming from but like i said, not everyone is working or has that money especially the people I invited, if people back out thats less for the pot anyway, at least £3 but £5 that will mean a lot of people back out. and trust me as long as it said £2 on all the pages really thats what it should be, changing it literally 2 days before the event is very misleading. at least you can rewrite it and make it £5 for the next monthly...
As one of the most Active if not most active Brawl player i think its safe to say im pretty sure most people knew its £5 like LAST 2 MONTHLIES. New player obviously dont know because they are new, and will just go by the first post, unfortunatly i cant edit the 1st post so i cant edit it, also Charles hasnt got round to doing it either.

With that said, we will go for £3 singles instead and doubles can stay as it is.

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
sorry man I personally can do £5 but in this situation I'm just thinking of everyone else. Even prof was gonna enter brawl singles and doubles, rofl, but he definitely wont if its £5. So far I probably have about 10/12 people for brawl (I wish I could do that for melee) :urg: but the reason why I say £3 will be alright for each event coz that how much they charge for the croydon event.

Top Bottom