• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash UK Discussion Thread - Check first post for tournaments, facebook info and videos!

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
cant wait till the next tourney, there definitely needs to be one in august while people are still off uni/college/school. needs to be more strict on people playing their matches so we dont have a repeat of last night (having to cut the finals short). I still reckon we can get a bigger turn out. We also need to do pools because I was slightly annoyed with the amount of people seeded above me... very bias. Next tourney the seeding should be based on the results from this monthly.

MELEE SHOUTOUTS

Prof - More serious training! Stop playing Black Ops and practice techskill.

Jolteon - Your camping... I'm not mad at you, you gotta do what you gotta do. Its all that OOC training, it paid off lol. We need to play more often I may try camping it up see how it goes lol its gonna be difficult to face you with ICS seeing as you will forever ban FD against me. Congratz on placing 3rd.

J3ly - I'm coming for you next. You better practice hard! Come down some time coz I dont get to play you that often. Falco ditto next time, I know how much you want that.

PMS - Although I won I'm not satisfied until its complete destruction. Your another one who I'm coming for next. I did say in this tournament theres only 2 people who I was worried about, you were one of them (jolteon was the other).

LJ & Tamoo - Great team. I wanna get some more games with you guys Next time I don't wanna play Peach, my Peach is so weak but shes there to apply damage. Maybe next time I'll go Falco so you can finally get a grab rest on me :awesome:

Xan - Great Peach you had me on edge. Take it from experience, don't d-smash so often, I used to do it so much I see past that **** now.

Unreal - You are not better than me at the game! Wake up!

BRAWL SHOUTOUTS

Hoe4u - Brawl is not my game but next time I promise to send you to the losers bracket, our matches were so close. I can tell you was under tournament pressure though. GG

Luigimitsu - You took that first game easily, good spacing. I thought you were gonna win our bracket match, Come train with us I can see you getting better at melee too. You did very well in teams, we had your back all the way. I'll see you at the Croydon events. Also if you ever do plan on coming to one of my smash fests please bring project M!

These guys may not see this but Xiii and Feather - you guys also did well in teams, now you see what the competition is like so I look forward to seeing you guys improving.

GP next monthly we play strait away! I'm gonna prioritise our MM, I just didn't wanna keep switching in between games and mess up Melee Techskill or try L-cancelling and wavedashing on brawl lol

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
'and Mew2King would be given a Red card for intentional under-performance (on top of an existing yellow infraction).'

Is this a joke or some sort of advanced john. I can't tell

Unreal91

Smash Journeyman
Lol sick tournament yesterday i will do shoutouts later.

@ Dujuan - i placed higher *****! Lol jokin u need to admit my falco is better than yours lol

:phone:

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
Lol sick tournament yesterday i will do shoutouts later.

@ Dujuan - i placed higher *****! Lol jokin u need to admit my falco is better than yours lol

i always said your falco is better than my falco but my ICs are too beast! which makes me a better player, you placed high because charles was bias and seeded you higher therefore you got an easier bracket than me A MUCH EASIER BRACKET might I add.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
'and Mew2King would be given a Red card for intentional under-performance (on top of an existing yellow infraction).'

Is this a joke or some sort of advanced john. I can't tell
sadly, this isnt a joke.
yes the american brawl scene has gone to pot

GP next monthly we play strait away! I'm gonna prioritise our MM, I just didn't wanna keep switching in between games and mess up Melee Techskill or try L-cancelling and wavedashing on brawl lol
agreed, i wasnt expecting to stay in the tournament for as long as i did so i ended up with less time to play than normal XD
but first thing we will get that MM done next time

i spose id better do what few melee shoutouts i have
AD- look up XD

Fuzzy- Thanks for hosting yet again. i know how much hard work hosting is. but you need to make sure melee finishes on time next time XD

Prof- Make sure you let me know a few weeks in advance when youre having a melee fest so i can bring my *** along! also. what happened to this supposed easy win you were gonna get this tournament? i am dissapony

gm jack

Smash Lord
Just going to give a few shout outs. Fristly, to Crabman for being a great team mate and allowing us to get 5th on our first proper tournament teaming.

LJ and Tamoo for coming 2nd in teams, beating teams of people who placed much higher in singles than both of them.

Jolteon for doing better than I think anyone would have guessed.

If anyone else I played wants any comments, just say.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
I think they have got fed up with good players not trying in pools so skewing who gets out.
thats ridiculous. If a player wants to play with less intensity then thats completely up to them and having some sort of a punishment for the way they play is ridiculous. If matches were fixed i.e. if a player affects his own matches to deliberately put different people through in the pool then that shouldn't be allowed I agree, but this doesn't seem to be the case at all.

Alpha Dash- Terrible johns man, terrible

Unreal91

Smash Journeyman
i always said your falco is better than my falco but my ICs are too beast! which makes me a better player, you placed high because charles was bias and seeded you higher therefore you got an easier bracket than me A MUCH EASIER BRACKET might I add.
Yeah i know mine was a bit easier x1-12 and Yeniths before Prof, but Yeniths is a v good player IMO.

And your ICs may be (beast) as you say, but my falco is slowly getting beast too lol. (i did kinda crappy in my match vs jolteon i was high and had a headache lol but no johns jolteon ***** :))

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Yeah i know mine was a bit easier x1-12 and Yeniths before Prof, but Yeniths is a v good player IMO.

And your ICs may be (beast) as you say, but my falco is slowly getting beast too lol. (i did kinda crappy in my match vs jolteon i was high and had a headache lol but no johns jolteon ***** :))

surely it was your choice to get high?
john denied XD

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
Alpha Dash- Terrible johns man, terrible
you scrub. you wouldnt have even won a game against the first person i played in brackets, i still won, you cant beat LJ, you cant beat PMS you cant beat j3ly, you cant beat jolteon. YOU CANT EVEN BEAT ME!! unreal got a bye and then got yeniths (who im pretty sure got a bye as well) where people like myself, jolteon and j3ly never got a bye. it was very bias if u ask me but fair enough the tourney before i never made it out of pools coz i was playing characters i dont main so i didnt expect to be seeded.

by the way bullet bill... quit the game! you are the worst in the community. You being like the second best out of the two people who play smash in Southampton has got to your head.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
you scrub. you wouldnt have even won a game against the first person i played in brackets, i still won, you cant beat LJ, you cant beat PMS you cant beat j3ly, you cant beat jolteon. YOU CANT EVEN BEAT ME!! unreal got a bye and then got yeniths (who im pretty sure got a bye as well) where people like myself, jolteon and j3ly never got a bye. it was very bias if u ask me but fair enough the tourney before i never made it out of pools coz i was playing characters i dont main so i didnt expect to be seeded.

by the way bullet bill... quit the game! you are the worst in the community. You being like the second best out of the two people who play smash in Southampton has got to your head.
I don't even need to argue any of your points since what you posted was- rant rant rant John, rant rant rant YOUR RUBBISH rant rant rant ITS SO UNFAIR.

You need to stop johning and start improving your game

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
id say you need to improve yourself but that isnt very realistic is it? you dont even know that the word improve means
of course I need to improve.

I agree with GP, lets stop. And also, I really don't even have a rivalry with you but every time I talk to you or mention you anywhere you're always like- 'I AM GONNA DESTROY YOU' (mad serious voice) or 'I AM DEFINITELY BETTER THAN BULLET BILL' (super serious voice). Theres no need and it's a little unfriendly man.

You being like the second best out of the two people who play smash in Southampton has got to your head. --> like I go around the boards all the time trashtalking and being cocky?

Tamoo

Smash Master
Charles is

Also, I'm pretty sure this is fuzzy on the main mic towards the end of this vid at genesis.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdxdrVOoKx4&feature=related

And yeah the seeding was crap this tournament, no way to argue against it. You just chucked a load of people into one seeding group and hail mary'd it into a bracket, and it definitely skewed the results as the bottom half of the losers bracket was a hell of a lot more stacked than the top half.

Anyways, tournament was fun, might have to start practicing again and actually using jiggs in friendlies if I ever want to knock Prof + a another out of doubles :)

L-J

Smash Ace
Next tourney the seeding should be based on the results from this monthly.
While I agree that seeding in general wasn't great this tourney for doubles or singles, you can't just seed based purely off one tournament's results...lol. Of course they'll be taken into account, but I don't wanna be seeded bottom because of one tourney where I blew ha. Gotta be from at least the last 3 tourneys to have the best accuracy and fairness for all.

And I also enjoyed our teams sets :)

Doubles btw was: 1.) Prof + Alpha Dash
2.) Tamoo + L-J
3.) Fuzz + Unreal
4.) Deathgazer + PMS

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
of course I need to improve.

I agree with GP, lets stop. And also, I really don't even have a rivalry with you but every time I talk to you or mention you anywhere you're always like- 'I AM GONNA DESTROY YOU' (mad serious voice) or 'I AM DEFINITELY BETTER THAN BULLET BILL' (super serious voice). Theres no need and it's a little unfriendly man.

You being like the second best out of the two people who play smash in Southampton has got to your head. --> like I go around the boards all the time trashtalking and being cocky?
You do know I am joking right. I get the whole "your garbage" from my crew in our fests lol it used to be gantz now I'm the one who gets it in the neck

Anyways, tournament was fun, might have to start practicing again and actually using jiggs in friendlies if I ever want to knock Prof + a another out of doubles :)
The names alpha dash, dude

While I agree that seeding in general wasn't great this tourney for doubles or singles, you can't just seed based purely off one tournament's results...lol. Of course they'll be taken into account, but I don't wanna be seeded bottom because of one tourney where I blew ha. Gotta be from at least the last 3 tourneys to have the best accuracy and fairness for all.

And I also enjoyed our teams sets :)

Doubles btw was: 1.) Prof + Alpha Dash
2.) Tamoo + L-J
3.) Fuzz + Unreal
4.) Deathgazer + PMS
No disrespect to you LJ but the tournament before was the first time you placed higher than me for the longest time now. But if it happened to me then it should happen to everyone, you do bad, you should lose your seeding IMO especially if losing to someone who is not seeded. BUT if you want to cound for the last 3 I STILL should have been seeded don't you think?

I went from (NOT including SNY, although chosed for team A)

not making it through pools (phantom hits), to 13th, to 9th, to 9th, to 9th, to 7th, to 5th, to my strict 'I will not use I'Cs this tournament' and not making it through pools...

and then 7th this event

and I beat 'seeded' people all the time and I'm still not seeded myself, that my friend is bull$h!t

Bullet Bill, NOW you can say I'm ranting lol

lol i totally forgot about this monthly
Flakeking2000

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Alpha dash has to be seeded next tournament! Hes been crying for hours now lol

by this logic, if i cry hard enough i can make myself seeded for the next event before midnight tonight

challenge accepted XD (not really, cant stand the baw)

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
Alpha dash has to be seeded next tournament! Hes been crying for hours now lol

you know what its kool dont seed me, just put me against you in our first game. Thats fair isnt it. And I'm ACTUALLY being serious

by this logic, if i cry hard enough i can make myself seeded for the next event before midnight tonight

challenge accepted XD (not really, cant stand the baw)
omdz I'm gonna have a great time destroying you at brawl! Your not even skilled enough to be my brawl rival

Heartstring

Smash Legend
omdz I'm gonna have a great time destroying you at brawl! Your not even skilled enough to be my brawl rival
oh not this, id only just gotten rake to shut up about this despite the obviously hourrendoes matchup ike has vs. lucario XD
out of curiosity, where did you finish in brawl?

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I dont even know I lost to Hoe4u in winners won a losers match and lost to some lucario player.
oh, jihad?
it was 13th then
ill be honest, thats better than i was expecting for your first brawl event, i may have to withdraw ganon from our MM and use ike instead....or maybe my own r.o.b (that is if you didnt steal my colour)

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
Na I still did **** I almost beat hoe4u. I'm still not familiar with like character moves and hitboxes thats why i sometimes come out of shield too early and all that rubbish, i just need to study the game more but melee over brawl all day every day.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
the way I've always done seeding and the best way is that results from about the previous 3 tournaments count and that the most important results are the most recent. To be honest though seeding is quite hard at the moment because there aren't really many national tournaments happening much and monthlies + others have a smallish turnout which isn't very useful

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Na I still did **** I almost beat hoe4u. I'm still not familiar with like character moves and hitboxes thats why i sometimes come out of shield too early and all that rubbish, i just need to study the game more but melee over brawl all day every day.
fair enough, i lost to hoe4u too. but thats because pika hard ***** ike XD i went 2-1 with him but damn ive had enough to getting knocked out by him XD
for me its brawl over melee, but at some point i will get srs over learning melee

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
fair enough, i lost to hoe4u too. but thats because pika hard ***** ike XD i went 2-1 with him but damn ive had enough to getting knocked out by him XD
for me its brawl over melee, but at some point i will get srs over learning melee
I'm gonna enter both from now on anyway (as long as the turnout is good enough to not raise it to £5 UNLESS its a UK national).

Where did you place? I want you to go your best character if you MM me. You cant make some kind of example of me by going a nonsense character, not unless you would like to give me free moneys.
I'm not bad at the game I've just been playing for a much shorter time that most people, Ive only just picked it up a couple months ago because of the Croydon event (seeing as I live in Croydon) and I practically took one for the team playing this garbage game to get more people in the community. I can almost guarantee I can get more people to come to the next one.

neither, it was 3 quid. i cant remember who but someone talked andy into lowering it to 3
That would be me. I wasnt happy with £5 plus it was 'advertised' at £2. £5 was declared like a couple days before the tournament and as far as most people knew it was £2 but we negotiated £3, I was ok with that not sure about everyone else was?

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I'm gonna enter both from now on anyway (as long as the turnout is good enough to not raise it to £5 UNLESS its a UK national).

Where did you place? I want you to go your best character if you MM me. You cant make some kind of example of me by going a nonsense character, not unless you would like to give me free moneys.
I'm not bad at the game I've just been playing for a much shorter time that most people, Ive only just picked it up a couple months ago because of the Croydon event (seeing as I live in Croydon) and I practically took one for the team playing this garbage game to get more people in the community. I can almost guarantee I can get more people to come to the next one.

That would be me. I wasnt happy with £5 plus it was 'advertised' at £2. £5 was declared like a couple days before the tournament and as far as most people knew it was £2 but we negotiated £3, I was ok with that not sure about everyone else was?
i placed 7th, i should have gotten 5th if im honest, but it doesnt always work out that way
ill say this now, i wasnt going to make an example out of you, i jsut wanted to get some video critique of my ganondorf, and i thought someone relatively new would e a good opponent for that, turns out youre better than i thought so ill go my main on you instead ^^

also, thanks for getting it lowered, i wouldnt have minded the higher price for doubles as i placed in that, but singles...yeah a fiver was too much
but for the record, on the facebook page brawl is down as a fiver, so its jsut simple miscommunication going on

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
i placed 7th, i should have gotten 5th if im honest, but it doesnt always work out that way
ill say this now, i wasnt going to make an example out of you, i jsut wanted to get some video critique of my ganondorf, and i thought someone relatively new would e a good opponent for that, turns out youre better than i thought so ill go my main on you instead ^^

also, thanks for getting it lowered, i wouldnt have minded the higher price for doubles as i placed in that, but singles...yeah a fiver was too much
but for the record, on the facebook page brawl is down as a fiver, so its jsut simple miscommunication going on
Venue opens : 1:30pm
Signups Start: 2pm
Signups End: 2:30pm
Tournament: 2:30pm - 9:30pm
Venue closes: 10pm
Venue Fee: £5
Tournament Fee: £2 Singles, £2 Doubles (each game)

copied and pasted off the facebook page

Top Bottom