• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blu99

S***post King
Switch FC
SW-7236-2735-6407
Well, I've been away for a bit, and I have 300+ unread pages

Can anyone tell me if Guy Fieri has been announced yet

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Every time I see someone write DQ, I think Dairy Queen.

Despite never ever stepping a foot inside it’s doors.....

Never ever.

Last edited:

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
I don't know who I'd like more, Slime or Erdrick, or some sort of multiple "Hero" character (although that's probably too many models for them to bother with, unless they only include Erdrick, VIII, and XI or something). I think that Slime's moveset would be best if they incorporated all the different types of slimes, like the metal slime, heal slime, bubble slime, etc. And then the final smash could be Metal King. That would be cool.

Slimese.jpg

MalcolmBelmont

Smash Journeyman
Slime would definitely feel more unique in Smash Bros. Slime would definitely incorporate some of his alternate selves in his moveset

Shroob

Sup?
Honestly, I still wonder, as fun and nostalgic as Yoshi's new FS is, why didn't he get the Egg Do---

Untitled.png

It's for the best.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I know next to nothing about Dairy Queen DQ but what about this bad ass looking ************?
1541930268789.png

He’s big. He has cool armor. He had a double bladed sword thing. Quick read through shows he’s super strong. And he’s got a bulge.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I respect your opinion, but I have to disagree with it. Heavily.

The monsters are a part of the series' charm, but they're not as important as the characters, worlds, and stories. That's what makes DQ games memorable, not necessarily the monsters you face along the way. I can understand none of the heroes standing out to you if you've never played any of the main series games past 1 and 2, but I can assure you that they're far more important, and representative of the series as a whole than the random Slimes you defeat on your way through each game.

I've never played any of the DQ Monsters games, nor Rocket Slime, or anything like that, but I have played quite a few of the main series games and hold them as some of my favorite JRPGs ever. I don't want to sound rude, but in the main series, Slime isn't really anything other than an enemy encounter. They, along with the rest of the monsters, are just enemies you defeat on your grand adventures. Representing all of the main DQ games with Slime would be a huge misrepresentation of the series, in my opinion. The heroes might not be as recognizable as Slime to those who don't really know or care that much about the main series games, but the heroes represent their series as a whole far better than a Slime ever could. Mascot or not.

Basically, Dragon Quest isn't about Slime. It isn't just about monsters either. Dragon Quest is about the stories and adventures, and it'd be a shame to represent the entire franchise with just Slime who, in the main series of games, usually amounts to nothing more than just an easy obstacle to overcome. You can recruit it to your side in Dragon Quest 5, but I wouldn't say that's enough to represent the entire main series of games in a way that feels true to the heart of the series.

This is just my opinion, and I don't expect you or anyone else to agree with it. Sorry if this came off a bit rude, I didn't mean it that way. I just get a little sick of everyone thinking Slime is all DQ has to offer most of the time.

Dragon Quest didn't become iconic because of Slime. Slime became iconic because of Dragon Quest. It shouldn't be used to represent the entire main series as if it's the most important thing to come out of it.

Don't take this the wrong way, I don't hate Slime, and I get that it's the only thing those unfamiliar with the series recognize. That said, I feel like Slime would do that job just as well, if not better, being in the background of a DQ stage or even serving as the series' symbol.

That's honestly how I feel, and I'd be very disappointed if Sakurai chose to rep the series with Slime because of it. It's not a popular opinion, but I just needed to vent.
The problem is the first two games were not heavy on story either. Most remember these two as they were the first two available in the US and defined the series too.

3 is when we first meet Erdrick, if I remember right. And I had to watch a LP to remotely get that story.

The monsters are vastly more memorable because they're more consistent in appearances. That's a very important thing people forget; just having characterization isn't enough to make a character memorable alone. Them having more appearances is what makes them notable too.

Slime is very easy to remember because not only does it get characterization in some games, but it's a highly memorable design, used in crossovers too, and shows up pretty much everywhere. Something no Hero(of which only what... one has an actual name? Where the rest are just stand-ins?). This isn't like a lot of the other characters who are more "generic" in Smash either. They're 1st party and don't need to be highly specific characters to make it easy for people to want them in. Erdrick is literally the only hero that isn't generic, and not even as recognizable as the series' mascot.

It absolutely makes sense to choose the mascot of the series before the more generic player character. Especially in a 3rd party franchise that is unlikely to get more than one character. Slime absolutely helped make DQ iconic, though. It's a big part of how people know what the series is. And yes, being the mascot definitely makes it prime for representing the whole series if it can do most of it. The only thing it can't do, is what, equipment? That's not all of what makes DQ awesome. It has a huge spell and ability list that is available for tons of Classes, exactly what Slime actually is able to do. He can learn almost everything in the game, something that a Hero can only do because they're sometimes allowed to be other Classes. This is where Slime shines, because it has the bigger recognizability factor and can do pretty much everything but use a weapon. Not like it needs one. It can learn the Cut techniques too, which is all you need for a few sword moves.

It's like putting a Pokemon Trainer instead of Pikachu in first. That doesn't make sense. Pikachu is the series mascot and way more recognizable. People barely knew Red compared to his anime counterpart Ash. It's to the point that people say Ash is playable in Smash because it's pretty much the same basic design(just with some slight differences for the Generation 1 outfit). Never mind that just about all the general protagonists in Pokemon got some costume colors for Pokemon Trainer, who also happen to appear in the Anime. People care about it for the Pokemon. Just throwing in a Generic Class doesn't work well as the first character for a series. Not if they aren't highly recognizable. As for moveset potential, they're both extremely well enough in representing the series' overall gameplay. It's not like equipment is the only thing DQ did, and it's something that came from Computer RPG's and DnD first. It's really the spells and abilities along with the A Wild Monster Appears gameplay screen. Besides, the monster aspect was huge enough for a full-out DQ spin-off as if based around it. Where Slime was pretty much the starter no matter what(at least the first game. I forget if Tara's Adventure and Cobi's Journey did that) and a full character with dialogue. Your avatar character was... not all that notable at all.

You have to remember that while yes, the heroes do have some characteristics(due to story and lore, of which Monsters still play a role in anyway), that doesn't make them highly memorable to any large degree. Honestly, some might just think "are you sure that's not a DBZ character?" instead. That cannot be said about Slime, who vastly is more recognizable. It's like pretending Nightmare isn't the most iconic Soul Calibur character despite not being remotely the Hero(or one of them in the story). He's the mascot. Fulgore's another example, of the same situation. He's the mascot of the series and most recognizable(though unlike with Soul Calibur, Jago at least is notable too, just not to the same degree. Kind of Erdrick). If it weren't for me playing the remakes, I wouldn't even know Erdrick's name isn't Loto. Meanwhile people know who Slime is, without needing to play a remake just to learn the correct name.

But let's get back to the "general character" part. Ness is a poor example. He's a well-defined character to begin with and not a class. He shows off all the series' moves to some degree for the sake of representing the series well. Nothing that Slime can't do either. If the worry is equipment... have Slime Knight appear in some moves. Problem solved. There's nothing really that makes Erdrick better moveset-wise than Slime does either. They have the same capabilities, and since it's not like a monster could never equip something, at worst you aren't seeing the same usual armor and sword exactly, yet still seeing similar enough abilities. Somebody also mentioned Link; he's a defined character, it's just a different person often. It's not even like Pokemon Trainer, who is less defined in comparison. I mean, Brawl didn't even use Red, it just used his design. The whole point was to make him an avatar character for players to use while focusing on what mattered, the Pokemon. Miis are yet another interesting case of being a generic avatar. They also were in tons of games and highly recognizable for who they were, despite being generic. The problem with the "generics are already in Smash" in that sense is that it doesn't work for Erdrick. He himself is defined, but not super iconic like the mascot is. Using the mascot is smarter than just the protagonist alone. You want the character to be recognizable(especially for DLC) to the majority. Erdrick doesn't fit the bell like Slime does. And I guess I missed Villager; it's not like there was actually anybody else who could properly representing AC. Not even Isabelle does in Smash. She has her own vast abilities, and wouldn't be able to do some things(which was somewhat ignored). She still plays differently because she's not meant to be the player character. The actual point of using a protagonist isn't really because they're the player character. It's because they're very often good at representing the game's normal gameplay. Slime and Erdrick both can do that. The "lore of the series" isn't all that important to transfer to Smash. The gameplay is. And... both do that just fine. In the end, the only real difference between choosing them is who is more recognizable, since their capabilities are equivalent.

But like I said, choosing the Pikachu(mascot) of the series has been done before. If it can show off the gameplay of the series in some way, but is also feasible. There was no way Pikachu wouldn't have gotten in first. If PT would be in, it'd be with Pikachu. Slime has always been in that position, being used for other crossovers too. You generally use the mascot because they're still important to the series overall. Mascots also often get their own spin-off games because they're that important. ...Does Erdrick even have his own spin-off? Does any Hero? Because Slime does. That's kind of important when determining who is the most important character, who they are and what they've brought to the series. Being an icon helps too. And helping define rpg's to come(there's a reason why Slime-type enemies exist now. Slime is the reason why. It also got updated to make them more than 2 HP mooks, like being immune to certain weapons, being made of poison, etc.)

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I always did find it a tad bit strange how confident a certain user seemed in the box theory.
All 5 DLC characters have probably already leaked on 4chan and we've all looked over it.

This happens everytime. I love the idea that all 5 DLC characters have already been leaked and we don't know it.
This is one thing I have to thank fake leakers for. They might be doing it for the attention, but for me, the flood of fake leaks serves to help make sure that it's difficult to weed out the real ones. I still hate how many ridiculous "leaks" are given the light of day but at least there's some benefit to their being fakers out there.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Wait, if there's like 15 users who frequent this thread who knew stuff, then the real leaks actually were the friends we made along the way.

Wow.

Calane

Smash Ace
You know a DQ character who'd make everybody happy? This guy.

618px-Dq5ds_hero_artwork.png

He's a DQ hero who's known for wielding staffs (not swords), and canonically fights with monsters at his side. He not only could represent the heroes, but could also incorporate various DQ monsters into his moveset (including Slime) while staying true to canon.

His Final Smash could be a monster stampede like the video below.

Bionichute

Smash Champion
I know next to nothing about Dairy Queen DQ but what about this bad *** looking ************?
View attachment 177214

He’s big. He has cool armor. He had a double bladed sword thing. Quick read through shows he’s super strong. And he’s got a bulge.
Nokturnus is a lot like Estark, who I brought up many pages ago. He's a super boss who's very popular, enough to make it into multiple mainline games as secret bosses, and to appear in tons of spin-offs. He's definitely another guy they could pick if they wanted to cover multiple parts of the franchise.

Blu99

S***post King
Switch FC
SW-7236-2735-6407
I want Gordon Ramsay against Guy Fieri in this game is that too much to ask

ZaneHitsurugi

Smash Ace
Neither are the Ice Climbers, or Wii Fit Trainer, or the Villager, or R.O.B.
At least those characters are single reps from unrepresented franchises.
Mario did not need yet another character.
As sketchy as Hitagi could be, we might actually be getting pretty close to knowing official info, due to this incident.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VAYrVFsqsE

Is he a C-lister? Probably the closest to that definition we got so far, if so.
I'd argue that he's a D-lister.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
You know a DQ character who'd make everybody happy? This guy.

View attachment 177212

He's a DQ hero who's known for wielding staffs (not swords), and canonically fights with monsters at his side. He not only could represent the heroes, but could also incorporate various DQ monsters into his moveset (including Slime) while staying true to canon.

His Final Smash could be a monster stampede like the video below.

i've said this b4 since DQV is my fav JRPG ever

Although my idea of a final smash would be giving him 3 alternate ones revolving one of 3 wives he can marry doing there finishing moves

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
Actually, Erdrick would be cool too because he actually has some cool Nintendo history relating to Link.

In Zelda II: Adventure of Link, there's a tombstone that reads "here lies Loto" (referring to Erdrick), presumably suggesting that Zelda would be a "Dragon Quest killer" in the sense that it would prove more popular, although it could have just been a harmless easter egg. So then in the Famicom release of FF1 that came shortly afterwards, there was a tombstone that read "here lies Link", as either just a reference to the Zelda easter egg, or a suggestion that Final Fantasy would be a "Zelda killer". But when Nintendo published the game overseas, they had it changed to "here lies Erdrick" just like in Zelda II.

So, it would just be kind of interesting to have Erdrick, Link, and Cloud all on the same stage together for the first time.

ff1-erdrick.jpg

Calane

Smash Ace
The problem is the first two games were not heavy on story either. Most remember these two as they were the first two available in the US and defined the series too.

3 is when we first meet Erdrick, if I remember right. And I had to watch a LP to remotely get that story.

The monsters are vastly more memorable because they're more consistent in appearances. That's a very important thing people forget; just having characterization isn't enough to make a character memorable alone. Them having more appearances is what makes them notable too.

Slime is very easy to remember because not only does it get characterization in some games, but it's a highly memorable design, used in crossovers too, and shows up pretty much everywhere. Something no Hero(of which only what... one has an actual name? Where the rest are just stand-ins?). This isn't like a lot of the other characters who are more "generic" in Smash either. They're 1st party and don't need to be highly specific characters to make it easy for people to want them in. Erdrick is literally the only hero that isn't generic, and not even as recognizable as the series' mascot.

It absolutely makes sense to choose the mascot of the series before the more generic player character. Especially in a 3rd party franchise that is unlikely to get more than one character. Slime absolutely helped make DQ iconic, though. It's a big part of how people know what the series is. And yes, being the mascot definitely makes it prime for representing the whole series if it can do most of it. The only thing it can't do, is what, equipment? That's not all of what makes DQ awesome. It has a huge spell and ability list that is available for tons of Classes, exactly what Slime actually is able to do. He can learn almost everything in the game, something that a Hero can only do because they're sometimes allowed to be other Classes. This is where Slime shines, because it has the bigger recognizability factor and can do pretty much everything but use a weapon. Not like it needs one. It can learn the Cut techniques too, which is all you need for a few sword moves.

It's like putting a Pokemon Trainer instead of Pikachu in first. That doesn't make sense. Pikachu is the series mascot and way more recognizable. People barely knew Red compared to his anime counterpart Ash. It's to the point that people say Ash is playable in Smash because it's pretty much the same basic design(just with some slight differences for the Generation 1 outfit). Never mind that just about all the general protagonists in Pokemon got some costume colors for Pokemon Trainer, who also happen to appear in the Anime. People care about it for the Pokemon. Just throwing in a Generic Class doesn't work well as the first character for a series. Not if they aren't highly recognizable. As for moveset potential, they're both extremely well enough in representing the series' overall gameplay. It's not like equipment is the only thing DQ did, and it's something that came from Computer RPG's and DnD first. It's really the spells and abilities along with the A Wild Monster Appears gameplay screen. Besides, the monster aspect was huge enough for a full-out DQ spin-off as if based around it. Where Slime was pretty much the starter no matter what(at least the first game. I forget if Tara's Adventure and Cobi's Journey did that) and a full character with dialogue. Your avatar character was... not all that notable at all.

You have to remember that while yes, the heroes do have some characteristics(due to story and lore, of which Monsters still play a role in anyway), that doesn't make them highly memorable to any large degree. Honestly, some might just think "are you sure that's not a DBZ character?" instead. That cannot be said about Slime, who vastly is more recognizable. It's like pretending Nightmare isn't the most iconic Soul Calibur character despite not being remotely the Hero(or one of them in the story). He's the mascot. Fulgore's another example, of the same situation. He's the mascot of the series and most recognizable(though unlike with Soul Calibur, Jago at least is notable too, just not to the same degree. Kind of Erdrick). If it weren't for me playing the remakes, I wouldn't even know Erdrick's name isn't Loto. Meanwhile people know who Slime is, without needing to play a remake just to learn the correct name.

But let's get back to the "general character" part. Ness is a poor example. He's a well-defined character to begin with and not a class. He shows off all the series' moves to some degree for the sake of representing the series well. Nothing that Slime can't do either. If the worry is equipment... have Slime Knight appear in some moves. Problem solved. There's nothing really that makes Erdrick better moveset-wise than Slime does either. They have the same capabilities, and since it's not like a monster could never equip something, at worst you aren't seeing the same usual armor and sword exactly, yet still seeing similar enough abilities. Somebody also mentioned Link; he's a defined character, it's just a different person often. It's not even like Pokemon Trainer, who is less defined in comparison. I mean, Brawl didn't even use Red, it just used his design. The whole point was to make him an avatar character for players to use while focusing on what mattered, the Pokemon. Miis are yet another interesting case of being a generic avatar. They also were in tons of games and highly recognizable for who they were, despite being generic. The problem with the "generics are already in Smash" in that sense is that it doesn't work for Erdrick. He himself is defined, but not super iconic like the mascot is. Using the mascot is smarter than just the protagonist alone. You want the character to be recognizable(especially for DLC) to the majority. Erdrick doesn't fit the bell like Slime does. And I guess I missed Villager; it's not like there was actually anybody else who could properly representing AC. Not even Isabelle does in Smash. She has her own vast abilities, and wouldn't be able to do some things(which was somewhat ignored). She still plays differently because she's not meant to be the player character. The actual point of using a protagonist isn't really because they're the player character. It's because they're very often good at representing the game's normal gameplay. Slime and Erdrick both can do that. The "lore of the series" isn't all that important to transfer to Smash. The gameplay is. And... both do that just fine. In the end, the only real difference between choosing them is who is more recognizable, since their capabilities are equivalent.

But like I said, choosing the Pikachu(mascot) of the series has been done before. If it can show off the gameplay of the series in some way, but is also feasible. There was no way Pikachu wouldn't have gotten in first. If PT would be in, it'd be with Pikachu. Slime has always been in that position, being used for other crossovers too. You generally use the mascot because they're still important to the series overall. Mascots also often get their own spin-off games because they're that important. ...Does Erdrick even have his own spin-off? Does any Hero? Because Slime does. That's kind of important when determining who is the most important character, who they are and what they've brought to the series. Being an icon helps too. And helping define rpg's to come(there's a reason why Slime-type enemies exist now. Slime is the reason why. It also got updated to make them more than 2 HP mooks, like being immune to certain weapons, being made of poison, etc.)
This comment is very, very long. I'd like to read and reply to all of it, but you already threw me off by saying none of the other heroes besides Erdrick have names and are generic. For example, Auster (or Arus) is the name of the hero from DQ7. Abel is the name of DQ5's hero. Rek is the name of DQ6's hero. I could go on.

I don't agree that Slime represents the main series well at all, and I feel that the heroes do a far better job at it. I don't want to start an argument as I just wanted to share my thoughts like you shared yours. I'll just let you feel how you want to feel, and I'll be happy for you if Slime gets chosen over a hero.

I won't like it, but I'll deal with it. Let's just agree to disagree on this subject before it becomes a giant back and forth war of opinions.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
This comment is very, very long. I'd like to read and reply to all of it, but you already threw me off by saying none of the other heroes besides Erdrick have names. For instance, Auster (or Arus) is the name of the hero from DQ7. Abel is the name of DQ5's hero. Rek is the name of DQ6's hero. I could go on.

I don't agree that Slime represents the main series well at all, and I feel that the heroes do a far better job at it. I don't want to start an argument as I just wanted to share my thoughts like you shared yours. I'll just let you feel how you want to feel, and I'll be happy for you if Slime gets chosen over a hero.

I won't like it, but I'll deal with it. Let's just agree to disagree on this subject before it becomes a giant back and forth war of opinions.
Considering I haven't actually played any DQ game besides Monsters 1, one of the Monsters 2, and the first two games... are you surprised that most don't know they have names? That's the point being made. I am wrong, but it's very hard to know that. They aren't as recognizable and people are still calling them generic heroes as if they don't have names. That's a big deal for the character factor. The overall point is Erdrick is the most recognizable one by far, and he still falls overall to Slime.

Also, it's kind of silly to say Slime can't represent the series just as well when he can do practically all the same stuff every class can do. That's a non-argument towards him. They both have equivalent moveset potential. And yes, Slime can summon monsters too. They were always on equal levels of representing how Dragon Quest plays. They have the same overall gameplay in the regular style(of which DQ Monsters always was. Though I haven't played Joker, so I don't know if the general battle system is the same). I know little of Rocket Slime other than it being a spin-off.

Though as I said before, Erdrick isn't comparable to a lot of other franchise representatives because they use the bigger character first. Slime is just plain bigger than Erdrick. Slime also wouldn't be something as low as a stage appearance. If he isn't playable and Erdrick is, he's clearly going to be an AT or nothing more than a Spirit(cause no way he wouldn't get a Trophy. Being the mascot and all). I imagine the other Heroes and a few notable ones(like Jessica and Bianca) might get trophies too. And by trophies, I mean spirits, heh. ...Yes, I'm still a little salty Trophies got removed. >.<

Only major thing I asked anyway is if characters besides Slime got a spin-off. On another note, I made a Slime moveset that does the series a lot of justice too. It shows off everything you expect, including the usual weaponized moves you'd expect from a Hero, summoning monsters, and the usual spells(like Fireball/Hurt, depending what you want to call it).

Anyway, can the Hero be other classes? I legitimately want to know this. I don't have as vast knowledge as you do, so I asked a lot of stuff so I could be enlightened. :)

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
King Hippo could work as a semi clone of k rool

they share moves that would the fit the character

Hippo even has a crown

Last edited:

Bionichute

Smash Champion
Considering I haven't actually played any DQ game besides Monsters 1, one of the Monsters 2, and the first two games... are you surprised that most don't know they have names? That's the point being made. I am wrong, but it's very hard to know that. They aren't as recognizable and people are still calling them generic heroes as if they don't have names. That's a big deal for the character factor. The overall point is Erdrick is the most recognizable one by far, and he still falls overall to Slime.

Also, it's kind of silly to say Slime can't represent the series just as well when he can do practically all the same stuff every class can do. That's a non-argument towards him. They both have equivalent moveset potential. And yes, Slime can summon monsters too. They were always on equal levels of representing how Dragon Quest plays. They have the same overall gameplay in the regular style(of which DQ Monsters always was. Though I haven't played Joker, so I don't know if the general battle system is the same). I know little of Rocket Slime other than it being a spin-off.

Though as I said before, Erdrick isn't comparable to a lot of other franchise representatives because they use the bigger character first. Slime is just plain bigger than Erdrick. Slime also wouldn't be something as low as a stage appearance. If he isn't playable and Erdrick is, he's clearly going to be an AT or nothing more than a Spirit(cause no way he wouldn't get a Trophy. Being the mascot and all). I imagine the other Heroes and a few notable ones(like Jessica and Bianca) might get trophies too. And by trophies, I mean spirits, heh. ...Yes, I'm still a little salty Trophies got removed. >.<

Only major thing I asked anyway is if characters besides Slime got a spin-off. On another note, I made a Slime moveset that does the series a lot of justice too. It shows off everything you expect, including the usual weaponized moves you'd expect from a Hero, summoning monsters, and the usual spells(like Fireball/Hurt, depending what you want to call it).

Anyway, can the Hero be other classes? I legitimately want to know this. I don't have as vast knowledge as you do, so I asked a lot of stuff so I could be enlightened. :)
Some games have a class changing system (Tho tbf the only ones I know are 7 and Heroes 2). On spin-off characters, guys like Yangus from 8 and Torneko from 4 have various spin-off games and also could potentially have a lot of stuff used for a set.

there are genuinely probably too many dragon quest characters that could work in smash very well

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Honestly, some might just think "are you sure that's not a DBZ character?" instead.
This is a big sticking point for me as well. I'll be honest, I've never been the biggest fan of Toriyama's artstyle, and translating a character who looks, well... identical to a lot of the DBZ cast into Smash would just feel off to me, even when I know they can make it work. Slime, by contrast, is bright, cartoony, appealing to all ages - it'd fit right in with the likes of Kirby (to the point of Gooey being a carbon copy) and be much more marketable to the younger audience, which would seem to be a major consideration by Nintendo if Steve's inclusion is to be believed.

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper

but another thing they could do is give the hero as the character and just give him costumes from several of the games, since most of the hero's learn similar spells and it gets more of the games into smash at once

Bionichute

Smash Champion
but another thing they could do is give the hero as the character and just give him costumes from several of the games, since most of the hero's learn similar spells and it gets more of the games into smash at once
not all the heroes have the same models, and some would look weird pasted onto a generic body

each hero is distinct enough design-wise to be unique from each other, even if toriyama suffers from sameface syndrome a lot of the time

osby

Smash Obsessed
*looks at :ultken::ultrichter:* Yeah, about that...

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
not all the heroes have the same models, and some would look weird pasted onto a generic body

each hero is distinct enough design-wise to be unique from each other, even if toriyama suffers from sameface syndrome a lot of the time
you pick 4 that are similar and give them each an alt color, so you could do 3, 6, 8 and 11 since they are the same body type, at least in the art work, and then give them an alt each

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom