• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

Which breath of the wild outfit do you guys think Zelda should have?
I like her adventuring outfit a lot, but maybe her royal dress would work better as it would fit some of her current moves better?
Ideally we get at least two as alts
I'm pretty confident that they'll go with her royal gown, it just suits her moveset and princess archetype better. I can only see her getting her adventuring outfit if they revamp her a bit and up her speed, which to be honest would be a very welcome change.

TheMagic1

Smash Cadet
NNID
SwagAlt
Singular Joycons are probably gonna be an option...yikes...
At least it has a control stick and a more familiar button layout *cough* Wiimote *cough*. In all honesty, it could be better than what we give it credit for. Sure, it's not going to be viable and it's not going to be comfy, but at least it won't be another Wiimote.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
So here's a kinda fun hypothetical.

You get to pick five newcomers for the new Smash...but with one condition: the characters need to have preexisting amiibo.
What five characters do you pick?
Chibi Robo, Wolf Link & Midna, Mipha, Tiki, Isabelle

monadoboy

Smash Lord

You get to pick five newcomers for the new Smash...but with one condition: the characters need to have preexisting amiibo.
Celica
Tiki
Chibi Robo
Wolf Link
Urbosa

Clone choices:
Chrom
Yarn Yoshi

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
I'm pretty confident that they'll go with her royal gown, it just suits her moveset and princess archetype better. I can only see her getting her adventuring outfit if they revamp her a bit and up her speed, which to be honest would be a very welcome change.
It'd be weird to have the gown imo considering it's in exactly one piece of promotional art lol. And Zelda not getting a new moveset would be depressing as hell tbh.

GIVE. ZELDA. PANTS. YOU. COWARDS.
PANTS ZELDA IS BEST ZELDA. If only her top were to be purple tho, that'd look dope

Last edited:

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
Honestly I think the likeliest "newcomer" for LoZ is a revamped Zelda to fit BotW. Maybe that would lead to a sped up and more consistent Toon Zelda inheriting old Zelda's moveset, but I really think Zelda is going to get a rework. Sakurai has to be aware she's been dumpster tier since her Smash birth.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
It'd be weird to have the gown imo considering it's in exactly one piece of promotional art lol. And Zelda not getting a new moveset would be depressing as hell tbh.

PANTS ZELDA IS BEST ZELDA, if only her top were to be purple tho, that'd look dope
It was in one or two cutscenes too, but yeah, that's about it. I just think it's what's likely, but I'd love to be wrong, Zelda's moveset has shown itself to not work on too many occasions now.

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Good point. I feel like they should've had Lucina and Dark Pit as completely original characters and they would've gave other franchises clones. Question is, what characters are good ideas for being clones?
Galacta Knight, Yarn Yoshi, and Octolings are my ideal picks for clones. Galacta is a highly popular character in his series, Yarn Yosi is another rep for a series that needs it, and the Octolings are getting a major push this year.

Yarn Yoshi, Waddle Dee, Toon Zelda/Tetra, Isabelle, Celica.

D

Deleted member

Shovel Knight, Waluigi, Mr. Resetti, .......I'll get back to ya later on the last two. Need to check who has an amiibo.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
It was in one or two cutscenes too, but yeah, that's about it. I just think it's what's likely, but I'd love to be wrong, Zelda's moveset has shown itself to now work on too many occasions now.
Seriously though if they skip out on this perfect opportunity to completely redo Zelda I'm gonna be pissed lol.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
PANTS ZELDA IS BEST ZELDA. If only her top were to be purple tho, that'd look dope
Could easily be an alt color! I would be surprised if they didn't go with this outfit. The only reason I could see why not is if they didn't want to change her too much and would rather keep her in a dress, which would be lame.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
Maybe if pants Zelda causes Zelda to get a buff, perhaps we should consider putting pants on Jigglypuff :thinking:

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
Could easily be an alt color! I would be surprised if they didn't go with this outfit. The only reason I could see why not is if they didn't want to change her too much and would rather keep her in a dress, which would be lame.
Oh I'd be pissed if it wasn't an alt (with brown hair too please) I'm just a little confused as to why they made Zelda wear blue if Link is also wearing it. Plus purple just fits her, it's the colour of royalty after all, having the adventuring outfit in that colour would represent her character extremely well now that I think about it lol.

TheMagic1

Smash Cadet
NNID
SwagAlt
Isabelle, Shovel Knight, Waluigi, Chibi Robo, and Urbosa.
Agree with all of the choices but Waluigi. I feel like Waluigi fans need to focus on trying to get their character noticed by Nintendo before they even attempt to ask Sakurai for him to be in smash. If he's a huge character in a new WarioWare and Wario Land title, then I think he has a huge chance.

O wow, and I also forgot about Shovel Knight. I love Shovel Knight, I love Treasure Trove as a whole, but I don't think we're going to see an indie character in the game. I would love to see him though.

Last edited:

MrReyes96

Smash Ace
Completely revamp Link, Zelda, Ganondorf
Add classic Link, classic Zelda, classic Ganon with their fallen hero timeline type appearances (which has never been represented in smash)

Everyone stays happy

(Even though I think Zelda’s current moveset doesn’t need to be kept by anyone)

Last edited:

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
Agree with all of the choices but Waluigi. I feel like Waluigi fans need to focus on trying to get their character noticed by Nintendo before they even attempt to ask Sakurai for him to be in smash. If he's a huge character in a new WarioWare and Wario Land title, then I think he has a huge chance.
Regardless of Waluigi's role within mainline games, he's in basically every spinoff title and is a major fan favorite. He has plenty going for him. Sakurai even acknowledged him specifically during pre-Smash 4.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
Completely revamp Link, Zelda, Ganondorf
Add classic Link, classic Zelda, classic Ganon with their fallen hero timeline type appearances (which has never been represented in smash)

Everyone stays happy

(Even though I think Zelda’s current moveset doesn’t need to be kept by anyone)
If they give Zelda's moveset to anyone it should be toon zelda. But toon zelda without Tetra would be a trash choice so idk

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303

Waluigi
Midna & Wolf Link
Isabelle
Chibi-Robo
Any one of the champions.

TheMagic1

Smash Cadet
NNID
SwagAlt
Regardless of Waluigi's role within mainline games, he's in basically every spinoff title and is a major fan favorite. He has plenty going for him. Sakurai even acknowledged him specifically during pre-Smash 4.
That's definitely something going for him, but it seems like Nintendo gives no ****s about him sadly. All of the memorable and unique things about him were made from the 3rd party devs working on those spin-offs. Waluigi supporters need to show Nintendo that he has potential and unlike Daisy, the people who made him cared about him and want to do more with him. If he did get into Smash 5, I wouldn't care that much but I'd be happy for everyone else who wanted him. I also think that Toad is a more deserving character too. But, if he is going to be in Smash 5, then they need to make him a huge character in a WarioWare or Wario Land game. I would be disappointed if they just add him in smash but do nothing with him afterwards.

MrReyes96

Smash Ace
If they give Zelda's moveset to anyone it should be toon zelda. But toon zelda without Tetra would be a trash choice so idk
I personally think the toon characters are gonna be phased out of smash, no Zelda design in smash has lasted for more than two games (just an observation not saying it means anything definitive.)
Plus the pre-ocarina era of Zelda has never been represnted in smash. Considering breath of the wild is inspired by that era and link between worlds is the most recent 2D entry, I think they’ll at least replace toon link with classic link from those games. And hopefully along with a classic Ganon.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
Oh I'd be pissed if it wasn't an alt (with brown hair too please) I'm just a little confused as to why they made Zelda wear blue if Link is also wearing it. Plus purple just fits her, it's the colour of royalty after all, having the adventuring outfit in that colour would represent her character extremely well now that I think about it lol.
She wore blue because all the Champions wore blue, it was a uniform basically. They were essentially a super hero team. Boy I would love a Zelda game where you could bring one of the Champions as a companion teammate.

Zelda has hair color alts now so I think she'll have them again! I just hope they don't pull what they did between Brawl and Smash 4. I was not a fan of twilight princess Zelda and was eager to get the skyward sword design but uhhh for some reason they decided not to???

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I don't think Nintendo needs to be told to notice Waluigi. They're not stupid. They know how popular her is or isn't.

It always amuses me that people think being the practical face of the sports spin-offs isn't enough. The sports spin-offs are money makers. And of anyone created for those? Waluigi is the golden ticket holder to get their success across in Smash.

Up_N_Down

Smash Rookie
NNID
Up_N_Down7
I think is going to have something from brawl because as you can see that is Marth from brawl

RADSheikah

Smash Apprentice

Shovel Knight, King Knight, Plague Knight, Specter Knight, Solaire of Astoria
Toad
K.K. Slider
Alm (and/or Celica)
and Technically a Monster Hunter

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I personally think the toon characters are gonna be phased out of smash, no Zelda design in smash has lasted for more than two games (just an observation not saying it means anything definitive.)
Plus the pre-ocarina era of Zelda has never been represnted in smash. Considering breath of the wild is inspired by that era and link between worlds is the most recent 2D entry, I think they’ll at least replace toon link with classic link from those games. And hopefully along with a classic Ganon.
I mean, the Zelda cast being switched out only happened one time previously so It's hard to tell what they will be doing with the cast this time. It's clear that at least Link, Zelda and Ganondorf will be getting a redesign, Sheik isn't as clear as they could very well revert her back to her canon Ocarina of Time design, especially since she's no longer connected to Zelda in Smash. Toon Link is also still very popular, especially in Japan and Aunuma still has interest in using him again for future Zelda entries. Hence why they blatantly went back to Toon Link's design for Tri Force heroes despite that game being supposedly a sequel to A Link Between Worlds featuring the same Link and all.

Last edited:

MrReyes96

Smash Ace

Isabelle, Waluigi, Callie, Marie, chibi-robo

TheMagic1

Smash Cadet
NNID
SwagAlt
I don't think Nintendo needs to be told to notice Waluigi. They're not stupid. They know how popular her is or isn't.

It always amuses me that people think being the practical face of the sports spin-offs isn't enough. The sports spin-offs are money makers. And of anyone created for those? Waluigi is the golden ticket holder to get their success across in Smash.
Face of spin-offs? Well, I mean Mario's the main character even in those games, so that title goes to him but he's also the face of many other things too so yeah. But Waluigi has been a huge character in spin-offs and has done impactful things in them too, but Nintendo refuses to acknowledge this which is just sad. They haven't done anything huge with him recently. Let's hope this time they finally notice.

MrReyes96

Smash Ace
I mean, the Zelda cast being switched out only happened one time previously so It's hard to tell what they will be doing with the cast this time. It's clear that at least Link, Zelda and Ganondorf will be getting a redesign, Sheik isn't as clear as they could very well revert her back to her canon Ocarina of Time design, especially since she's no longer connected to Zelda in Smash. Toon Link is also still very popular, especially in Japan and Aunuma still has interest in using him again for future Zelda entries. Hence why they blatantly went back to Toon Link's design for Tri Force heroes despite that game being supposedly a sequel to A Link Between Worlds featuring the same Link and all.
Sheik could also be getting breath of the wild style outfit considering the amount sheikah in the game, and for consistency.
I know he’s popular and I’m not saying it’s likely but I could see it happening. Classic Link takes the best of both of the previous links while Link is breath of the wild based

D

Deleted member

All four Champions and Waluigi. That was easy.

Luminario

Smash Lord

Which breath of the wild outfit do you guys think Zelda should have?
I like her adventuring outfit a lot, but maybe her royal dress would work better as it would fit some of her current moves better?
Ideally we get at least two as alts
She'll most likely get the adventurer outfit. I'd kill for the winter outfit though, both in Smash and to be able to buy to wear myself.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Sheik could also be getting breath of the wild style outfit considering the amount sheikah in the game, and for consistency.
I know he’s popular and I’m not saying it’s likely but I could see it happening. Classic Link takes the best of both of the previous links while Link is breath of the wild based
I suppose so, I do like both Toon Link and ALttP/ALBW Link so eitherway is fine with me. Especially if it makes Moblin Ganon likelier... :x

Last edited:

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325

Goomba
Koopa Troopa
Silver Mario
Gold Mario
Daisy

Toad
Isabelle
Daisy
Poochy
Midna & Wolf Link/Mipha, either one really, maybe both at the cost of daisy or poochy

Can I cut people to add more? I'll cut Corrin for Tiki.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
Nah, toon link and the toon games are way too popular to be replaced

Roberk

Smash Champion
While Konami was in the process of... doing what they were doing to Kojima, he responded to a question about Snake in Smash For during an interview. "I'm not working on that game so I don't know, but I don't think that's likely. Well if Mr. Sakurai is watching this, please use Snake." This was near the end of Smash For's development and we know Snake obviously didn't get in. Even now, Kojima still tweets about Metal Gear, retweeting fan stuff, and he's apparently working with the guy making the MGS movie, he still obviously cares about his lost franchise. Should Sakurai be on board with bringing Snake back (I would hope so, with the fan outcry for his return), Kojima would definitely be on board, and Konami would have no reason at present to refuse.
Cool, I'd like to have Snake back but I wouldn't want it to be at Kojima's expense. He's been through a lot.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Aww man. I just had a half lucid dream where Banjo-Kazooie 1 and 2 ports were confirmed for Switch followed by a trailer of Banjo and Kazooie sleeping and being woke up to the burning Smash symbol and Smash cast. I then woke up with a sudden urge to check Smash news.

Still nothing...

Last edited:

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908

Waluigi, Shovel Knight, Qbby, Mipha, Celica

How convenient that 4 5 of my most wanted newcomers all happen to have amiibos... :grin:

EDIT: How did I forget Celica?! I literally have her amiibo right in front of me :facepalm:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom