• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Kinda dont give a **** if Mach is a dude or not

Character with machine guns and motorcycles is a great concept, if its executed equally as awesome, the characters gender will be literally the very last thing I think about when I play them.

"Oops Im a dude but this badass character is a girl guess its back to playing Mr Game & Watch since its illegsl to play characters that arent my gender"- 0 IQ Brianlets, 2018

Also "Oops Im a lady but this badass character is a guy guess its back to playing Princess Peach since its illegal to play characters that arent my gender"- Also 0 IQ Brianlets, 2018

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
I weirdly feel like Captain Falcon echo.

I just want another character that plays like regular Captain Falcon.
Why?? I don't understand this. We already have Captain Falcon. I get if a character can only get in as a clone, but I would never actively wish for a clone of a character, especially when they already look kind of similar. Why wouldn't you want more unique move sets? It just brings more variety. (Genuinely asking, not mocking. I don't see how you can want that, so I want to know your reasons, and maybe I'll understand better.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
Maybe Sakurai will never reveal Mach Rider’s gender. He’ll just refer to Mach as they, and will leave it up to the players to decide as they please

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
Tails is a garbage character that was already ****e before forces but because worse after forces. So no, I wouldn't
Just because Tails' character has been ruined by Lost World and Forces, that doesn't mean he hasn't been a very important character in Sonic history. He's been the sidekick since Sonic 2 - essentially THE Sonic player 2, the Sonic Luigi. I'd love for Sonic, Tails, Eggman, Knuckles, AND Shadow to all be in smash but obviously that's not going to happen.

Sure he has been a bit irrelevant or ****tily written lately but if that's an argument against someone's inclusion, then Shadow DEFINITELY shouldn't even be in the discussion based on Shadow and 06 lmao. He was arguably the best written character in Forces though but that's beside the point.

There should be no animosity between Tails and Shadow fans. We may have our preferences as to who's our favorite or who we want FIRST, but ultimately our goal should be to get more Sonic representation in Smash and help each other out. Dividing up only leads to a Legend of Zelda fanbase situation where they can't agree on who to support, so they'll likely get no one. Sorry Skull Kid and Impa fans but unite and pray for DLC is all I can say.

Last edited:

meowth_thats_wrong

Smash Cadet
I don't know anymore where I read it but the guy could have made a Snapchat video for his Smash crazed son and then the son wanted to show how cool his dad is and posted it to his friends. One of them being the in a Discord where he finally put it. It is at least as likely as him not knowing what he was working with.
You can't be so dismissive of one argument just to offer an even more implausible counter-scenario. What 50 year old dad sends his son a snapchat "LOL screw Nintendo"? The content of the Snapchat was very clearly made to spite this purported leaker's workplace/Nintendo since it was a deliberate leak of sensitive info. You don't just send that kind of career-endangering to hype up your son.

A much more reasonable argument is that hardly anyone over 50 uses Snapchat regularly enough to post Stories. It is a platform wildly popular among teenagers and young adults. I would be incredibly surprised to meet a 50 year old professional who regularly posts on Snapchat, and even more surprised that a 50 year old, 15 years from retirement, would risk their livelihood to leak a video game's final roster. Even if this guy had no idea that the poster he took a video of included unrevealed characters, he'd still know, as a part of his job and NDA, that what he had was incredibly sensitive material.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I want Shadow in, but only as an echo fighter, and dread the idea of a second Sonic unique. Right now. Until Arle makes it in, a second Sonic unique would be a death blow to any other SEGA character.

That being said, with no bias involved, and removing Arle from the equation, yes I'd support Tails. I just support Arle far too much for (what I perceive to be) unbeatable competition to be in play.
Even without Shadow, you'd still have to worry about SMT/Persona characters like Joker or a second Bayonetta rep
Attention Shadow Fans, can I have your attention!

If this leak is to be believed, and Shadow is in Smash, would you possibly support Tails as a DLC character? I don't care if you believe it or not, but would you be willing to support the idea?

Asking for understanding a possible situation.
Nope. Give me a new series, not a third Sonic character

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
So Vergeben is now claiming Incineroar will be DLC. What strikes me as interesting is his wording, in that he wasn't actively denying the Grinch leak. His previous posts were just this leak not being what his sources told him, which is a much more fair approach than "Trust me guys, it's fake."
And there he goes AGAIN with the Damage Control and morphing what he says to protect his image.

Make no mistake, Verge is/was still credible and clearly knows something about Smash's roster. But this is 100% him trying to save his own skin.

EDIT: Click baited article I guess?

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Kinda dont give a **** if Mach is a dude or not

Character with machine guns and motorcycles is a great concept, if its executed equally as awesome, the characters gender will be literally the very last thing I think about when I play them.

"Oops Im a dude but this badass character is a girl guess its back to playing Mr Game & Watch since its illegsl to play characters that arent my gender"- 0 IQ Brianlets, 2018

Also "Oops Im a lady but this badass character is a guy guess its back to playing Princess Peach since its illegal to play characters that arent my gender"- Also 0 IQ Brianlets, 2018
I don't know if it's a good argument but I've seen a lot of Ridley supporters and very few of them were space pirates.

Last edited:

SonicMario

Smash Master
Attention Shadow Fans, can I have your attention!

If this leak is to be believed, and Shadow is in Smash, would you possibly support Tails as a DLC character? I don't care if you believe it or not, but would you be willing to support the idea?

Asking for understanding a possible situation.
I'm more a Tails fan myself. But just want to reiterate as long as Shadow's an echo. Tails is still on the table for DLC.

If a 3rd Party franchise can get a non-echo newcomer (Though Tails would still be a semi-clone). I can almost guarantee Tails would be the first to do so. Other possibilities include Chun-Li and another Final Fantasy character. But I feel at the very least Tails' mysterious mii costume that will be kind of curious to keep in mind if both Knuckles and Shadow get upgrades from the previous game while Tails is still a cameo + assumingly a returning Mii costume with nothing else.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
So Vergeben is now claiming Incineroar will be DLC. What strikes me as interesting is his wording, in that he wasn't actively denying the Grinch leak. His previous posts were just this leak not being what his sources told him, which is a much more fair approach than "Trust me guys, it's fake."
I just looked through his posts and haven't seen any mention of this.

Think this site is just speculating.

Chrollo.

fka president wario
If other people start following suit then that’s telling. But Verge never outright denying the leak was interesting enough.

However, I’ma go through his posts and check myself because Verge IS taken out of context a lot

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Unless I get a source proving Vergeben actually said that, I'm not believing this.

Seriously, don't trust clickbait sites like these.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
The fact that they depicted her as female is saying something. Every character is the same gender as their canon counterparts, so there's no reason to assume they change Mach Rider alone's gender.
It doesn't matter when the content when unused and the team behind it we're not the same team behind the original game. And every other character was depicted as such because they HAVE a Canon gender that is obvious

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Can you find the actual source of him saying that? It's not his reddit or gamefaqs account. I can't find one, and that article doesn't say he said that, it just implies it based of off things he's said.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
If it's real, I bet insiders were denying it because "it doesn't have Incineroar."

But, in reality, it was for early marketing after the next direct the whole time ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Off-topic, but I actually wonder if Ash's Torracat is actually going to evolve anytime soon? The 4th OP of the X & Y series heavily showcased Greninja 10 episodes before Frogadier evolved.
Sometimes, anime series have openings that change as new developments in the series happen (the most infamous modern day example being JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, but they're usually not that elaborate).

They might be doing that for Incineroar.

Of course, I haven't watched the Pokémon anime since the Orange Islands arc/Early Johto (it became increasingly difficult to see anime where I lived with the TV set-up my family had; i.e. no Satellite or Cable TV, only Terrestrial Channels; as time went on, and I didn't care enough to seek it out online), so I don't know if Pokémon has ever done that.

Last edited:

AustinMooMoo

Smash Rookie
As stated, if a comment comes from Vergeben it would be easy to find as he utilizes gamefaqs, no such comment has been made and none was sourced in the article. I think we can all agree that we want to prevent the spread of the false information, so let's try to be careful before sharing something that is untrue .

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Yo- about people asking or searching for a Nintendo France.
Of course there is one, They're even currently at the Paris Games Week right now, and as far as I know, they manage the marketing for their games all by themselves...Doesn't mean they doesn't work with another company though. I even showed an interview with Philippe Lavoué who implies that.

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
Mmmmmm the backpedaling of him IS a bit suspicious (I know he probably didn't say anything, I'm just humoring this article thing)

Last edited:

Chrollo.

fka president wario
Yeah, Verge never said that he would be DLC. He just keeps maintaining that Incineroar is in, but he knows nothing about any other characters

Last edited:

lurxy

Smash Cadet
NNID
lurxylux
Switch FC
SW 7645 5399 8874
You can't be so dismissive of one argument just to offer an even more implausible counter-scenario. What 50 year old dad sends his son a snapchat "LOL screw Nintendo"? The content of the Snapchat was very clearly made to spite this purported leaker's workplace/Nintendo since it was a deliberate leak of sensitive info. You don't just send that kind of career-endangering to hype up your son.

A much more reasonable argument is that hardly anyone over 50 uses Snapchat regularly enough to post Stories. It is a platform wildly popular among teenagers and young adults. I would be incredibly surprised to meet a 50 year old professional who regularly posts on Snapchat, and even more surprised that a 50 year old, 15 years from retirement, would risk their livelihood to leak a video game's final roster. Even if this guy had no idea that the poster he took a video of included unrevealed characters, he'd still know, as a part of his job and NDA, that what he had was incredibly sensitive material.
You're right. I kind of forgot the message that came with the picture. That is nothing someone would send their child.

And it may be that Snapchat is not statistically popular with 50 year olds. But you never know. To say he is statistically too old for this is not a very good argument either.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Mmmmmm the backpedaling of him IS a bit suspicious
It's not Backpedaling, the website is full of site as Vergeben never said anything about that, heck, he even joked about the situation and still believe Incineroar is still in after people claimed "he was on life support"

Blu99

S***post King
Switch FC
SW-7236-2735-6407
I'm just hoping Nintendo give us an indication of a Direct soon otherwise I'm going to numb my brain reading this thread every day

This will be my first Smash in years as I haven't owned a Smash game since Brawl, and the hype is so high currently, this wait is just unbearable

Even just a date of a Direct would be great

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
It's not Backpedaling, the website is full of site as Vergeben never said anything about that, heck, he even joked about the situation and still believe Incineroar is still in after people claimed "he was on life support"

I know, I was humoring the article. I'm still a bit curious on how he's doing right now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom