• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~ Smash@UWaterloo : A New Era ~

Sanu

Smash Champion
With only one exam left before I'm rid of this school and it's horrible essence forever, I hereby officially relinquish my duties as smash overlord of the University of Waterloo... George, Steven, Daven, Hao, Eric; it's up to you to keep the flame lit. Good luck, have fun, and good games :)

P.S., don't forget to pwn n00bs in my stead. Pwn them hard.

fshinko318

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, my name's Forte and I'm doing 2B in spring term. Anyway, do you guys normally meet up somewhere specific during the term?

I'm free today and tomorrow if anyone wants to smash. I've only been playing for about four months though (durng my coop term), so don't expect anything amazing lol

Kason Birdman

Smash Champion
now that the years over are most of you guys still living in waterloo or atleast tri city? because waterloos not too far im sure saux or myself wouldnt mind driving out sometime to play with a bunch of you

Cyan_

Smash Lord
Looks like I'll be going to Laurier for uni! i look forward to playing melee with the waterloo guys soon

Sanu

Smash Champion
msg me sometime if you guys are getting a huge group together to play

haven't seen some of you guys in almost a year now
Sorry Jack, nothing to see here.

I was the group, and I left. These derpy guys are pretty terrible at organizing anything, all bark no bite, so yeah.

:phone:

Mysteek

Smash Cadet
Hey I promise to play------once I'm back from Japan. In the meantime I'm on the lookout for a Japanese smash scene.

Jus-tin

Smash Rookie
Hey are people still alive in waterloo? and does anyone know if they got an extra space/vacancies for fall 2012 term for my return to waterloo? :D else i can look for places to live elsewhere o.o

Sanu

Smash Champion
In the PAC convovating right now. Consider this my final goodbye

:'(

:phone:

EWC

Smash Ace
Woah newcomer. Who are you? The answer is yes btw you can send me a PM and I'll give you my address you can come over and then you are a part of the "waterloo smash community".

Hatcrab Zombie

Smash Cadet
So I'll be coming to UW in the fall and I was wondering, what's the state of the Waterloo smash community? i.e. numbers, frequency of meetups, etc...

Flan

Smash Journeyman
The numbers aren't horrible if you are a melee player. Unfortunately, a brawl scene does not exist due to the inability of any players to step forward and host events.

Currently, we do not meet up often to smash but that can always change. There are plenty of people always looking forward to playing melee (see EWC, Keatsta, and often myself). Most of us do not have cars so it makes meet-ups that much harder. However, EWC (eric) and Keatsta (steven) plus a few other guys all live not too far from UW and have a great place for smash events (provided they have the time to host).

So i propose that we do something near the beginning of the term if everyone has time. Maybe we can turn it into something that happens 2-3 times per month (withhold midterm/exam time).

Mysteek

Smash Cadet
Yay more people

The community is there, and there's as many as.. 10-14ish people. The problem is organizing events. We suck at that.

Hype

Smash Lord
So I'll be coming to UW in the fall and I was wondering, what's the state of the Waterloo smash community? i.e. numbers, frequency of meetups, etc...
Some of the orientation events will (probably) have smash bros set ups, especially the cross campus stuff. I'll try to be there when I can. My leader jacket will say "Hobbs" on the back.

edit: bring your own controller, there will be mostly wiimotes.

Jus-tin

Smash Rookie
hi guys, whos going to be alive in the fall maybe even before the term starts? i think i move in on the 30th :)

Jus-tin

Smash Rookie
Anyone want to play today/tomorrow? text me 519 500 2080
eric i dont have ur number anymore + my internet is mia so somebody tell me, need to kill time

btw i live at lester now too... could hve peopel over except for the fact im compeltely setup-less so thats probably not the best idea anyways

Dan-Da-Man

Smash Journeyman
I'm also @ lester and got no set-up lol.

Moving in Sunday, so if anyone has a setup+brawl and wants some games next week (or anytime), hit me up cause I gotta practice a bit for showdown 8!

Top Bottom