• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~ Smash@UWaterloo : A New Era ~

annsy

Smash Cadet
I'll probably come to something the 2nd week after reading week (for brawl).
anyone else you know interested in brawl? I have a console I could bring but no tv, infzy would have a complete setup, and would be easy enough to bus over. wednesdays aren't teh best though. should brawl and melee be kept on the same night?

for people who went tonight to the uw gamers club event, how did it go? I have 3 (or 4) midterms in the next 2 days so couldn't make it :'(

ShiFu

Smash Cadet
anyone else you know interested in brawl? I have a console I could bring but no tv, infzy would have a complete setup, and would be easy enough to bus over. wednesdays aren't teh best though. should brawl and melee be kept on the same night?

for people who went tonight to the uw gamers club event, how did it go? I have 3 (or 4) midterms in the next 2 days so couldn't make it :'(
I'm Hype's roommate ShiFu, I was at LBT2; I've also met infzy. Other than me and Hype, there aren't really any other brawlers at Waterloo... actually, there was one at the UWGamers brawl tourney named Blitz or something like that, I have no idea if he checks the boards at all though or anything. But yea, brawl at Waterloo is pretty dead... =/

*edit*: I mean competitive brawl is pretty dead, I'm sure lots of people like to play brawl casually and stuff, but no one else goes to tournies or anything. =s

annsy

Smash Cadet
I'm Hype's roommate ShiFu, I was at LBT2; I've also met infzy. Other than me and Hype, there aren't really any other brawlers at Waterloo... actually, there was one at the UWGamers brawl tourney named Blitz or something like that, I have no idea if he checks the boards at all though or anything. But yea, brawl at Waterloo is pretty dead... =/

*edit*: I mean competitive brawl is pretty dead, I'm sure lots of people like to play brawl casually and stuff, but no one else goes to tournies or anything. =s
oh yaya ok hi I remember ^_^. have you checked the uw gamer club scene to see if there's anyone interested in starting brawl competitively? idk if there's a reason other than lack of connections, but has anyone tried looking in Kitchener? any brawlers in Cambridge (I know of melee)?

Flan

Smash Journeyman
yeah, feel free to move your brawling to a different night. We don't have an official room, just an area where we find the first empty room and smash. With the complete lack of set-ups coming in by the community, we will not be able to provide any for Brawl. So yeah, you don't need to stick to Wednesdays, we keep flip-floping ourselves.

Azuraith

Smash Apprentice
When something is going on for a brawl night at the university, can someone please reply to this?
Im in grade 11 and me and a couple friends want to go show our brawl skills. thanks!

annsy

Smash Cadet
yeah, feel free to move your brawling to a different night. We don't have an official room, just an area where we find the first empty room and smash. With the complete lack of set-ups coming in by the community, we will not be able to provide any for Brawl. So yeah, you don't need to stick to Wednesdays, we keep flip-floping ourselves.
fair enough, but when possible, to have them at the same time would kinda enforce a community feeling when were are so few people, ya know? :) I may come to the melee at some point to check it out, but I'd be braaand new just saying.

all quiet on the swo scene for tourneys? not that I'm really complaining, this term is pretty intense :O

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
soooo

we still up for this wed?

flan i can pick you (and brian) up if need be, and i can help with tvs

also if i could pick you up then we can go earlier too?

can someone from campus confirm that it'll be all right to go during reading week?

i know some profs at uog are off and close some buildings/rooms so i just want to be sure lol

edit: due to uneventful timing of CNY and vday this year i might have to bail this week =(

lots of stuff is coming up beyond my control so we will have to see

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
Sounds awesome.

Asians are just greedy and like to expand on their few holidays... LOL, so whenever my parents tell me CNY is "over" and I can go back to sneaking around then yeah I'll keep you posted LOL

**edit 1: soo... what are the specs?

Flan if I don' tpick you up what time will you get there? if I do pick you up how early can we go?

how are setups working too? cuz i might bring 1-2 ppl, and that would leave two seats for you and brian but how big are the tvs again? my trunk isn't huge =(

****edit 2: soo...

this thread is too dead... i might just want to stay home and catch up on work LOL

brian has to work apparently

******edit 3: flan's apparently grounded

not coming anymore >_>

EWC

Smash Ace
If anybody wants to play smash today, you can just come to my place. Just send me a PM.

Flan

Smash Journeyman
sorry Jack, I missed all of those edits. Yeah, Brian was over late last night and he was so loud it woke up my parents. So I'm grounded for two days. NEXT WEEK WE NEED THIS STUFF TO GO DOWN!!!!!!

edit: I've definately said the same thing week after week.

EWC

Smash Ace
Actually it turns out that my Wednesday midterm is in the morning, so I can probably go after all. =)

Flan

Smash Journeyman
yeah, I know. It really sucks that we can't find a good date to have smashfests.

I'm down this week but I work Tuesday and Wednesday so it can't be either of those two. Brian works like everydays so he is out.

annsy

Smash Cadet
rawr @ school, can't do Wednesday, or this week for that matter, srry Hype! maybe infzy will have time/be interested? dunno

jpak

Smash Lord
Does this still happen or is it over?

Edit: I got a wii and tv, and im at village 1 if any1 wants to play. im not that great though :(

infomon

Smash Scientist
ergh, wednesdays are band night.... hmmmm prolly best to count me out this week :urg:

I weewy want to bawrl moar wif pplz.... next week I'ma deffo try and make it out for at least a lil while.

I have two smash-capable (CRT) tvs, and a single wii w/ brawl. Lugging them places is nontrivial, cuz I don't have a car..... I dunno how best to get brawlin' to happen. I'd have ppl over but my pad's not that convenient I guess. I'd go places but I work 9-5 and then am often busy afterwards. *shrug*

Vauss

Smash Cadet
Is Wed not good for anyone? Any other day we can pick? I've got a small TV sitting here in my office begging to be smashed on.

Flan

Smash Journeyman
I'd be happy to come down on Thursday for some Smash. I can bring up a couple of decks if anyone wants to play magic as well.

My schedule is horrible since it depends on being able to get a ride and not working on Wednesday. Really, we just need to find whatever day works best and continually get people to come.

Flan

Smash Journeyman
work johns mainly for me. I keep working both weekend days and 2-3 shifts during the week. Its not fun at all. I'm probably going to try and get back to 3 shifts a week and hopefully have time one night a week to bring in everyone to play some smash and magic.

UW Smashfests, resurrect!!!!

infomon

Smash Scientist
I'd brawl on thursday? Can bring a wii, no tv tho it's too annoying to carry

Alternatively, I can host on thursday, but from like 6:30 -> 9:30 pm. I'm north of campus, really close to Northfield + Weber, which is like 10min walk away from the mccormick iXpress stop.... or just off the 9 route (but it takes like 40 mins from uw campus cuz that route is so wonky). idk not ideal, just a thought. Alternatively I could host smthg on sunday?? idk?

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
oh ****, you got a reanimator deck? Nice ****. Looks like I won't stand a chance :p
lol i got a [casual] deck of every colour

for jokes:
artifact - affinity, with a set of atogs instead of ravagers
rainbow - slivers that mana screws every game (:

fun:
green - mana accel/beatdown
white - soldier equip

the more serious'ers:
red - goblin
black - reanimator
blue - control

and i really want to upgrade to elves... really badly... some new bad*** elves out there like ELVISH ARCHDRUID omg

we gotta play 7 sets =)

Top Bottom