• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~ Smash@UWaterloo : A New Era ~

Flan

Smash Journeyman
xD haha nice. I've only got Standard decks right now, but I'll borrow a Hypergenesis deck from my neighbour.

I've got a good friend who is also into elves like crazy. He's got a bunch of Archdruids, Pipers, and Nissa Revanes. And apparently my Turbo-Fog Milling deck is pretty good with its lack of Wrath of God xD

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
xD haha nice. I've only got Standard decks right now, but I'll borrow a Hypergenesis deck from my neighbour.

I've got a good friend who is also into elves like crazy. He's got a bunch of Archdruids, Pipers, and Nissa Revanes. And apparently my Turbo-Fog Milling deck is pretty good with its lack of Wrath of God xD
i really want archdruids... would you be able to get them from him? =D or could i trade/buy them? XD

Quenk

Smash Apprentice
Next time I'm in Waterloo, I'll go to the FNM.

@Jack: I have an Archdruid I'm willing to trade you.

Flan

Smash Journeyman
i really want archdruids... would you be able to get them from him? =D or could i trade/buy them? XD
I could try xD I traded him the one because he really wanted it. We will see.

Next time I'm in Waterloo, I'll go to the FNM.

@Jack: I have an Archdruid I'm willing to trade you.
Let me know when that is, I still haven't been to one and I have a great milling deck to try out.

Quenk

Smash Apprentice
It'll most likely be the 26th of March since my friend's birthday is also that weekend. I'll keep you updated on it.

Flan

Smash Journeyman
Hi, could anyone tell me when/where the next tourney will be for brawl if there is one?
no clue when there will be one. We barely have any for Melee either.

i'd probably only ebay about 3 anyways... i don't think four is really mandatory for the deck

tho it is really important to get one in the opening hand..

but yea if i ever see you that'd be totally awesome =D
greatest 4-drop for an elf deck = MUST HAVE BY TURN 4.

3 would probably be sufficent.

ALRIGHT ALL YOU MELEE LOVERS AND PEOPLE LURKING AND WAITING FOR US TO STOP FLOPPING. I GOTS ME THE WHOLE NEXT WEEK OFF AND I WANT SMASHY NOW!

So basicly, I'm not working Monday or Thursday nights (for once) and I really to stop this pattern of Melee dying out around here. I am willing to provide a system at minimum and a TV if I get someone to come with me so I don't have to lug around that heavy thing again...

Let me know what day works best for everyone and I will get there whenever you people want and stay there until 11ish.

GET AT ME WATERLOO!!!

Sanu

Smash Champion
Yeah glad you posted that Flan... otherwise I was going to get a mod to lock this topic haha.

Pathetic.

Flan

Smash Journeyman
I know. ****ing Sobey's schedules me for every Wednesday now and its really annoying.

so yeah, basicly, this is our last shot at getting something going, otherwise I'm probably going to stop playing Smash. I have no ride to out of city tournaments and if no one is playing around here, then its stupid to even try.

COME ON!

Flan

Smash Journeyman
As long as I can get a ride on Monday, I'll be there. I actually don't have my cube right now and my wii is broken.....so any chance you can bring something? I can bring a lighter and more portable TV (has like 5 frames of lag max) so that I don't have to lug around that heavy one again.

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
Honestly I have no clue why many of the UW students stopped going to this. They were the whole foundation of this. the UW players wanting to learn/practise was what set the tone.

I have to say Josh played many a role on this. He provided setups, he was AT UW himself, he attracted distant ppl cuz he added to the list of "worth travelling for" list. SD also added to the list of players to travel to play I think, and I can't remember tooo many other ppl.

Then there's Flan/Brian/Peter/Me who travel, and contribute to the worth travelling list. But then peter got a job with lame hours lol and is only free mondays, and even then he never shows... Brian kept flopping (?) and Flan couldn't manage a TV himself.

I personally didn't feel that it was worth the trip in the very end and thought it was much more worth doing my own work. But I've been freed of most of that as of lately. I can pobably travel again now.

Also, I feel like SINCE there isn't many ppl going, we'd have might as well met at someone's house to save travelling.

All in all, where did all the UW students go? Don't you guys just have to WALK 5/10 min to this building? I know Josh/SD are on coop... etc, but I don't know where else these UW students went.

I also have a lot of car johns, I don't own my oen vehicle so I can't call when to come. I can usually only stay til 8/9 and ppl don't get there til 6, and there's even less reason for me to come for 2/3 hours

So basically where is everyone? I'd be more willing to make the trip again if ppl started showing up again.

Just let me know where it's at... lol

Edit: i believe quenk is on coop too? but what happened to the rest of the ppl that used to fill the room of like 10-20 ppl? lol

edit 2: flan i just realised you get march break... what about brian?

Flan

Smash Journeyman
Brian has all month off. He's just being a *******. He works every night and gets drunk and high everyday. Don't even bother with him since he is joining the army in a month.

Also, I'll come tomorrow if we can get something...at all. I'm going to have to bus plus I have a magic draft before so I'll be there about 6ish. No TV though.

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
I won't make it. My time frame is like 4-8 and I dont' want to come for only 2 hours, sorry.

Flan I might as well go to your house sometime this week lol

Edit:

Also, why is he joining the army? His parents are allowing it? I don't get what's wrong lol

His family seems so... well off >_>

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
My whole family works on Thursdays, so no good.

I'm only ever good Mon/Wed, but flan is working weds.

Perhaps... next Mon? Off the top of my head I should be done all of my assignments.

Flan

Smash Journeyman
I won't make it. My time frame is like 4-8 and I dont' want to come for only 2 hours, sorry.

Flan I might as well go to your house sometime this week lol

Edit:

Also, why is he joining the army? His parents are allowing it? I don't get what's wrong lol

His family seems so... well off >_>
He is only using the army as his way out. He blazes every single day so he's bound to be caught when he joins the army. But its not the "army" part that makes me think he is stupid.

(looks at rate of confirmation)

Soooooooo... Thursday then? :p
My whole family works on Thursdays, so no good.

I'm only ever good Mon/Wed, but flan is working weds.

Perhaps... next Mon? Off the top of my head I should be done all of my assignments.
Next Monday should be fine with me.

I might have gone to the university today if there was more confirmation. I ended up having a Halo LAN instead.

Sanu

Smash Champion
Brian, what the **** are you getting yourself into?

Stop smoking weed so damn much, clean yourself up and get out of high school first before make any life changing decisions. Weed messes with your head when you have too much; seriously, it's detox time. Just using weed, booze and the army to run away from your problems won't fix anything.

Flan

Smash Journeyman
Thanks Josh for putting out exactly what I've been thinking. He messed up right now and who knows how long it will be before he straightens things out.

Byron 1337

Smash Journeyman
Waterloo, Ontario, IGLOO-LAND Oh, and play Melee
I have a girlfirend, a job where I am working five shifts a week and I have **** to do. Sorry if I can't make these. Plus I havent played in two months anyways, so its not like im good any more.

And I can't even join the army until I have been clean for threee months. I'm not even going to be leaving for at least four months. I've put serious thought into this and I know what I am getting into. I wont be in a combat posistion, I will either be loading planes or doing paperwork. I joined because for the military benefits, not to shoot people. It pisses me off that I have to explain all of this to randoms, but I guess thats what happens when people start to spread rumours about things they dont know all the facts about. What you guys dont know is that I have spent most of my time over the last month studying for a test that I wrote yesterday(which i knocked out of the ****ing ballpark btw). It's not life I have thrown my life away, not even close.

Stop talking about me as if I cant read your posts, its not as if im illiterate, and it really pisses me off.

Flan

Smash Journeyman
I have a girlfirend, a job where I am working five shifts a week and I have **** to do. Sorry if I can't make these. Plus I havent played in two months anyways, so its not like im good any more.

And I can't even join the army until I have been clean for threee months. I'm not even going to be leaving for at least four months. I've put serious thought into this and I know what I am getting into. I wont be in a combat posistion, I will either be loading planes or doing paperwork. I joined because for the military benefits, not to shoot people. It pisses me off that I have to explain all of this to randoms, but I guess thats what happens when people start to spread rumours about things they dont know all the facts about. What you guys dont know is that I have spent most of my time over the last month studying for a test that I wrote yesterday(which i knocked out of the ****ing ballpark btw). It's not life I have thrown my life away, not even close.

Stop talking about me as if I cant read your posts, its not as if im illiterate, and it really pisses me off.
Good **** on the test Brian. And as far I had heard (and you had told me) you were leaving next month.

Like I've said before, its not you joining the army that I find stupid. That's probably the best thing for you. Its the lifestyle you have been living lately. In the 2 days a week you don't work (and the majority of the time which I spend trying to contact you), its always you sitting around smoking weed or getting drunk with Tom and Cam. Maybe you might want to change that or even start to think about your future. Even if the Military is going to eventually pay for university for you, even if you get in, it take a hell of a lot of work to retain a high mark. Also, wtf about the girlfriend! I don't understand it, but congrats

You've frustrated me to no end recently and its not nice. All of these people here who smash with you are just trying to look out for you and support good behaviour and the best route to success in life.

tl;dr I don't like what going on with you right now, but its all your choice.

Sanu

Smash Champion
hay my overly aggressive post got him to reply

=D hi

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
At least we sorta got this worked out. I never thought it was stupid or anything, I was just confused and knew nothing at all lol

Army life in theory isn't bad at all either. It's free education and staight up training. When you're done with the army, you have a lot of skills that are extremely useful.

I'm just simply saying it's not my style, but it sounds great in another perspective.

Keep it up Brian. Just don't lose that fox of yours lol

And that's the girl say about the army?

My gf would ***** if I thought about joining the army lol

Byron 1337

Smash Journeyman
Well lets just say shes not thrilled, but who would be? I've been having second thoughts about the army though and I was thinking that I could do something with a little less commitment, maybe policing or something i donno.

And lol, way too late for that. I prolly hae no tech skill whatsoever I havent played in two months or so lol.

PETER WHERE U AT SON? WE NEED TO SMASH SOON! That goes for everyone else as well. Let me know when you are free cause i want to smash.

tl;dr ME LIKE SMASH

Flan

Smash Journeyman
Well lets just say shes not thrilled, but who would be? I've been having second thoughts about the army though and I was thinking that I could do something with a little less commitment, maybe policing or something i donno.

And lol, way too late for that. I prolly hae no tech skill whatsoever I havent played in two months or so lol.

PETER WHERE U AT SON? WE NEED TO SMASH SOON! That goes for everyone else as well. Let me know when you are free cause i want to smash.

tl;dr ME LIKE SMASH
QFT. Wherever Brian goes to smash, I'm always there. Me wanty Smashy.

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
what sucks more is that I'm losing the very smash community (albeit really small) i built in guelph lol

certain individuals are so caught up in fps, or bored of playing ME, that they don't want to bother with going to tourneys, travelling and meeting more ppl, or even practising with me lol

smash is so depressing in guelph LOL

they all love fps/cod -_- it's so lame, i don't see how such an extroverted game with a whole community, new ppl to meet, and general excitement, can be "boring" yet other fps games where all you do is play in your room shooting ppl over wifi can be more exciting -_- i just don't get it XD

maybe i'm just too biased LOL

EDIT:

flan/brian give me some insight, you guys have played fps competitively before. also, these individuals aren't even competitive in it, they just play casually too...

maybe i'm just a competition ***** too LOL

Flan

Smash Journeyman
Competitive FPS playing is stupid. I enjoy playing Halo at a semi-competitive level but MW2 is so god dam boring. All people ever do is sit in corners, use one gun, and then brag to all their friends about their accomplishments. Its ********.

Most of my friends do it as well. Smash is awesome but today's generation of lazy people would rather just stay home and play over the internet than get in person.

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
Yeah, that's too bad. I played TS2 a lot back in the old days with people tho and it made a great party game too

but i doubt i'd ever want to get competitive... it feels so unsocial esp over wifi XD and i wouldn't travel to shoot/camp a corner lol

and who doesn't love the community that comes with smash :)

talking_chicken

Smash Apprentice
Did someone say BlazBlue?
I did! A long time ago, but I did! :p

Sadly, my stick is stuck in dual mod hell until I can figure out what's wrong with one of the boards inside it; it likes to work for a few minutes, then just quits. I think it might be something in one of the USB connections on the console-switching board (the Imp, for those that are familiar with it), but I haven't gotten around to asking about it, though it's in the works.

And then there's my custom, which is three provinces away, and has a screw on the joystick that went right through the MDF underneath the plexi. It's not a hard fix, but it's just time consuming because I have to completely take it apart and put it back together.

But yeah, I play, though not as much as I used to for reasons stated above. I'm not that good, but I try, and I'd love to get better.

Sanu

Smash Champion
Landy is so Kawaaaaiiii~!! <3

*cuddles his landy plushy*

Byron 1337

Smash Journeyman
Competitive FPS playing is stupid. I enjoy playing Halo at a semi-competitive level but MW2 is so god dam boring. All people ever do is sit in corners, use one gun, and then brag to all their friends about their accomplishments. Its ********.

Most of my friends do it as well. Smash is awesome but today's generation of lazy people would rather just stay home and play over the internet than get in person.
QFMFT, and the bolded part is sooo true

The only reason people play COD is because everyone else plays COD. It also makes you feel good by rewarding everything you do... Including dieing. Its a game that makes you feel good about yourself, and thats why i hate it.

Top Bottom