• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~ Smash@UWaterloo : A New Era ~

Lanowen

BRoomer
BRoomer
Landy is so Kawaaaaiiii~!! <3

*cuddles his landy plushy*
:33~

QFMFT, and the bolded part is sooo true

The only reason people play COD is because everyone else plays COD. It also makes you feel good by rewarding everything you do... Including dieing. Its a game that makes you feel good about yourself, and thats why i hate it.
I wouldn't know I don't play ****ty game.

BOOHOHO OH BUREN. :bee:

Nightmare™

Smash Ace
QFMFT, and the bolded part is sooo true

The only reason people play COD is because everyone else plays COD. It also makes you feel good by rewarding everything you do... Including dieing. Its a game that makes you feel good about yourself, and thats why i hate it.
No..people play COD because its popular, and fun. So just relax.

jpak

Smash Lord
If anyone wants to play a few 1v1s, tell me when you'll be on campus, I'm at village one, with wii and tv.

jpak

Smash Lord
I play brawl and use meta knight and wolf. I figured I'd say that too cause I met someone who refuses to play against a meta knight today lol :|

Flan

Smash Journeyman
I have a TV with slight lag, but its still something. Its not that heavy *** tv at least. I'll bring a cube as well and try to get in contact with Clarence who can probably bring one as well.

Get hyped guys!

EWC

Smash Ace
So it turns out that I probably won't be able to play smash today. I jammed my thumb in a door, and now it hurts to push buttons. So melee is out.

Flan

Smash Journeyman
Clarence and I are still down for Melee for whomever is interested. I have a cube and he has a TV but we have no smash disc. I need to know ASAP if someone can bring a disc!!!!

Flan

Smash Journeyman
Anyone else coming??? We really need people to confirm. If there is anyone lurking around, WE NEED YOU!!!!! Without like 4 people and a Melee disc, we are boned.

Well, due to lack of any, any, Melee disc at all, I'm gonna say we won't be going through with this at all.

talking_chicken

Smash Apprentice
Erik, can we borrow your Melee disc tonight? This sounds like the only way we can get some smash in tonight.

I'm gonna grab dinner and head to UW soon and wait around for a little bit. If someone wants to show up, come on down, but I'll probably wait till about 7 at the absolute latest.

Flan

Smash Journeyman
I'm not coming without confirmation of a smash disc. Erik, if you can get your disc to TC at all (which would be very very great), then I will be there and will bring a TV so that I have something to do.

TC, my cell number is 226-220-9328. If you get a disc by chance, call me and I will come.

Quenk

Smash Apprentice
****. I have two copies of Melee here. It sucks but I'm still in Brampton/Mississauga for my work term. I should be available during the summer though.

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
Flan said:
So basicly, as the title does indicate, this message is about the UW Smashfests. Now, I'm sending this message to everyone who used to come to these smshfests (and enjoy the living hell out of them) just as I did. Almost all of the people on this list just suddenly stopped posting in the smashboards thread or just stopped coming all-together.

So what happened? Are we just so reliable on Josh and his TVs that we can't run anything on our own?

Peter made a good point the week after Josh couldn't come anymore (for legitimate reasons) when he chose not to bring his TV. He showed us just how dependant each and everyone of us is on certain people. Hell, I agree that I was the same way. But when the opportunity for me to bring a TV was needed, I did my best to continue bringing mine.

We haven't actually had one in like more than 2 months. Like most of you, I enjoyed having the smashfest as a break in the week from all the stress that school was putting on me. It was great and got me to stress less for the week.

Sure, most of you guys are students at UW right now and are very very busy with heavy workloads. But can't you even leave a nice message to say "Heavy term, won't see me at all."? Just a simple notification would be nice. I've played with just about every single person who came out to the events and I enjoyed each and every person who came out.

I'm probably ranting on right now. The point is that I would love to see these continue. But for that to happen, we need you people!!!!! There are about 4-5 of us who actually are trying hard to get people coming these days. WE NEED YOU PEOPLE <3

tl;dr We need you! But even more than just that, we need each person to bring whatever they can (this week we needed just one person to bring a Melee disc).

For all those people who have legitimate reasons for not coming: Please just let me know that and I won't bother you.

Josh, I'm sending you this message too. Hopefully you can knock some hope into this bonehead community.

Please come out since otherwise I will be quitting very soon,
~Flan
hey don't know if you want this posted exactly, but i thought it'd be best for group discussion

not to be defensive or anything, but i think my rant some pages back explained my part fairly well, i don't totally feel like repeating it lol

i'm just saying i really wish this picked up pace again

flan, don't quit, josh was convincing me about how this'll liven up during summer :) sooooo i'm sure it'll all be good.

so far, NEXT MONDAY THE 29TH is actually looking good for me, but i haven't looked into family's work schedules at all or anything SO THIS IS ONLY TENTATIVE AND **** may pop up unexpectedly

as of now tho, everything big has been or will be due by friday the 26th =)

again tho, i won't be able to sneak a tv out of my house lol, i can supply GC or melee disc tho =D

edit: if you want the post removed just say so and i'll take it off whenever i'm on next

Flan

Smash Journeyman
Jack, you classified under that line where it say "If you have a legitimate reason, ignore me". You've been pretty forward for your stuff.

But as far as smash goes, I don't enjoy having one big summer surge and then nothing during the school year. Summer often has plenty of other stuff going on for me so we will see about if its like that.

As far as the post went, I mostly went to find the people who used to be active but weren't. I don't know why I put you in there, it just happened.

But yeah, feel free to discuss.

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
Jack, you classified under that line where it say "If you have a legitimate reason, ignore me". You've been pretty forward for your stuff.

But as far as smash goes, I don't enjoy having one big summer surge and then nothing during the school year. Summer often has plenty of other stuff going on for me so we will see about if its like that.

As far as the post went, I mostly went to find the people who used to be active but weren't. I don't know why I put you in there, it just happened.

But yeah, feel free to discuss.
lol, I just thought I might as well say something since you sent it to me.

Also, next year ppl will be coming back from coop, including josh/quenk/etc so attendance will go back up.

Don't know about Sylar and his job tho lol.

Again, I'm hoping to make monday :)

Quenk

Smash Apprentice
@Jack: Get a premium account and change your name to SummonedFish.

@Flan: FNM tomorrow? It starts at 6 in MC 4058. You might need to be there 10-15 minutes in advance. PM me.

@Everyone else: Smash with me during the spring/summer term. I'll bring my recording setup to hype things up.

Flan

Smash Journeyman

@Flan: FNM tomorrow? It starts at 6 in MC 4058. You might need to be there 10-15 minutes in advance. PM me.

@Everyone else: Smash with me during the spring/summer term. I'll bring my recording setup to hype things up.
Tomorrow? **** yeah. I'll do my best to make it, though I currently have another commitment. I've got an awesome W/B Milling deck to test out. I'm probably going to be low on sideboard cards but that doesn't matter.

Quenk

Smash Apprentice
If you have another commitment, don't worry about this. FNM isn't exactly a great social event to spend Friday night on and there will be other opportunities in the future.

Flan

Smash Journeyman
I know, but I'll enjoy it. Plus I need to get one in before RoE is released and my deck becomes less useful. I'll probably end up coming, the another commitment isn't too big.

Quenk

Smash Apprentice
Just curious for those who play MTG, are there any card stores in Waterloo that you guys go to?
If I'm buying sealed products or commons and uncommons I need for a deck, I go to JJCards. If I'm looking for rares, I'll trade with friends and others I meet at FNMs.

Flan

Smash Journeyman
If I'm buying sealed products or commons and uncommons I need for a deck, I go to JJCards. If I'm looking for rares, I'll trade with friends and others I meet at FNMs.
This is about the same for me. However if I really need a rare and J & J's has it, I'll pay the higher value.

Also, I'm in for tomorrow!

Summonedfist

Smash Lord

lol i'm rarely even on the boards enough for my name to make any social impact on the boards

i'm a nobody and no one even knows me anyways :laugh:

it's all good... maybe someday i'll train with someone from the gta, gain magical trust from parents to travel more, and then i'll make a name for myself haha

not gonna happen tho i doubt

Top Bottom