• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~ Smash@UWaterloo : A New Era ~

annsy

Smash Cadet
I'm down for brawl tomorrow, and i could maybe bring some people. Where will the tourney be held at? Like...Specifically. I can't make doubles (school till 2:30)... but you if get back to me I'll be there for singles for sure.
today, great hall of SLC. yes it is a UW gamers event, and idk it **kinda** seems like melee will make an appearance, not sure if just friendlies or what.

I'll make it out to singles, a killer exam on Friday prevents me from being there for doubles :p.

jpak

Smash Lord
Job interview prevents me for doubles. The singles starts at 5pm well registration that is. They need some wiis if anyone can help.

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
OKAY

someone is texting my OLD phone (519 994 715x) lol, and i CANNOT reply with it because it has no money on it to do so (it's prepaid)

but the text was "Are you going to the uni smash this week?"

to answer it, no, cuz i have exams to prep for lol

BUT MY QUESTION IS:

how am i receiving the text? through uncalled for experience, and several testing myself, i cannot receive texts while the [prepaid] phone has no money on it. i try texting it myself with my new phone

but i constantly get melee texts, and even the merry christmas text lol

so how does it happen? anyone know?

is it anyone here who sent me that? (also, for some reason caller ID just shows a "?")

infomon

Smash Scientist
brawl tourney was awesomeeeeeez

I need moar practice against diddlez and dk and .... hype :urg:

lol @ summonedfishy's elusive txt msg melee lover....... perhaps incoming texts are free for you from someone else with the same service provider as you? just a guess? what about texts that are sent via your service provider's web page (most have a way that text msgs can be sent through some webapp somewhere)

idk!

:054:

Flan

Smash Journeyman
UW Gamers suck, more like UW disappoint.
Agreed. They had one Melee tournament where none of us non-UW students couldn't make it to and most of the UW students who played Melee also couldn't make it, didn't like the turnout, and then said "Now we can finally drop Melee!".

****ing douchebags. Props to Clarence for keeping it alive though.

Byron 1337

Smash Journeyman
Waterloo, Ontario, IGLOO-LAND Oh, and play Melee
OKAY

someone is texting my OLD phone (519 994 715x) lol, and i CANNOT reply with it because it has no money on it to do so (it's prepaid)

but the text was "Are you going to the uni smash this week?"

to answer it, no, cuz i have exams to prep for lol

BUT MY QUESTION IS:

how am i receiving the text? through uncalled for experience, and several testing myself, i cannot receive texts while the [prepaid] phone has no money on it. i try texting it myself with my new phone

but i constantly get melee texts, and even the merry christmas text lol

so how does it happen? anyone know?

is it anyone here who sent me that? (also, for some reason caller ID just shows a "?")

Lol me.

And i dont think i can come tonight becuase my gf is only free tonight :p

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
LOL brian i sorta thought it was you... josh never texts me and/or he has a new number by now, and flan has my new number. i think i never updated you cuz you never text me except for the super odd times lol good to know tho

brian pm me if you ever need my new numba or as flan he has it =)

and i'll look into that infzy,.... brian are you virgin mobile?

EWC

Smash Ace
I suggest UWP, because it means one extra tv. Maybe even two. How many people can provide setups?

talking_chicken

Smash Apprentice
Okay, I'm going to grab dinner soon, then head down. I'll check out UWP to see if you guys are there, wait around for a bit, and if not, I'll check RCH. If something comes up, I won't be contactable, though, as I forgot my phone at home.

EWC

Smash Ace
If you wanna play, just come to my place. PM me if you don't know where that is.

talking_chicken

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I forgot where in UWP it was, and I had no internet access on me, so I couldn't check anything. I just decided to head home instead and try and get some stuff done here. Maybe next week, sorry.

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
also, infzy, my phone being virgin mobile doesn't charge to receive, so that logic is somewhat off, i need to find another virgin mobile phone to confirm tho

to the melee community:

i'll be free'er after the 24th!!!! i got both my jobs back but those don't give you hw or tests =D

Cohen

Smash Apprentice
brawl tourney was awesomeeeeeez

I need moar practice against diddlez and dk and .... hype :urg:

lol @ summonedfishy's elusive txt msg melee lover....... perhaps incoming texts are free for you from someone else with the same service provider as you? just a guess? what about texts that are sent via your service provider's web page (most have a way that text msgs can be sent through some webapp somewhere)

idk!

:054:

Infzy, were you the sonic there? if so you were very good! it sucks i never got to play you.

EWC

Smash Ace
The coming week is right when most people here have most of their exams, so I think that we won't have time for smash.

Leek

Smash Cadet
it's dead right now cuz people are done school and heading home :p.

Though I'm starting school next week ughhh

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
YOOOO

I'm totally free this week!!!

PICK A DAY AND SMASHHH

My oldest sister also has work off this whole week so I can get the car easy peasy

SMASH SMASH

Anyday til friday at least, this week :)

Edit: I never posted cuz of exams, and i am smashboards challenged and couldn't find this site again lol, the search was down for some time for me, and sometimes the boards just wouldn't load for me lol

Edit 2: if campus isn't a good place to meet, i'd be down to travelling to someone's house too! brian, flan, peter, etc, GET AT MEEEEE

Edit 3: Jacky and Nhat are in guelph so if I come chances are they will too :)

Top Bottom