• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - September 10th

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
I think everybody's missing a very important point here:

Japan gets a playable demo 4 days before release.

The rest of the world doesn't have a confirmation, but a fully-English Tips page included in the PotD is a good sign that we'll be getting one soon.

If it drops this Friday, like many suspect, that means we'll get that demo 21 days before release. I'd call that a win for us.

Even if we don't... who cares? Many of you aren't even going to enjoy the game after the way you've built it up.

Rubbertop

Smash Cadet
NNID
Matt.C
3DS FC
4511-0538-1886
Wow...

****ING WOW SAKURAI!!!!

This is even worse than that close up of Luigi's nose we had for the 100th pic of the day and no I am NOT joking or trying to be witty!

Hackers, your mission should you choose to accept it is...ahh screw it! Picture of the Day will cease to be relevant by Friday anyway....*sigh*

Still, this is absolutely the worst picture of the day we have ever had!
No it won't, we still have the Wii U version to learn more about.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
5 Characters.
One Stage.
Items on.

Let's
Get
COMPETITIVE.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
"For users outside of Japan, stay tuned for more news about the demo for Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS. Screen shot is from Japanese version."
-
Shows Tips in English.

USA Demo confirmed. (At least outside of Japan somewhere.)

Last edited:

PaperX

Smash Cadet
''WHAT?! WHO CARES ABOUT THE DEMO?! I WANT MOAR CHARACTERS REVEAL DAMNIT!''

-Smashboards

Rubbertop

Smash Cadet
NNID
Matt.C
3DS FC
4511-0538-1886
Wow...

****ING WOW SAKURAI!!!!

This is even worse than that close up of Luigi's nose we had for the 100th pic of the day and no I am NOT joking or trying to be witty!

Hackers, your mission should you choose to accept it is...ahh screw it! Picture of the Day will cease to be relevant by Friday anyway....*sigh*

Still, this is absolutely the worst picture of the day we have ever had!
No it won't, we still have the Wii U version to learn more about.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I kinda feel like people would be less salty if the demo announcement wasn't the focal point of the PotD. Giving us something else to analyse would have helped. Heck, I'd be fine if it was just a filler pic again with Rosalina being sexy. :V

Then have the demo announcement along with that. I think it would also help if the West got a confirmed date at least.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I think everybody's missing a very important point here:

Japan gets a playable demo 4 days before release.

The rest of the world doesn't have a confirmation, but a fully-English Tips page included in the PotD is a good sign that we'll be getting one soon.

If it drops this Friday, like many suspect, that means we'll get that demo 21 days before release. I'd call that a win for us.

Even if we don't... who cares? Many of you aren't even going to enjoy the game after the way you've built it up.
It's not much of a win with only five characters and one stage to choose from though. The demo is good for about 30 minutes, and yet afterwards, you get bored of it, and are back to step 1 again.

Esquire

Smash Cadet
NNID
DarkSlay
One thing is for sure, we're going to learn the heck out of Link, Mario, Pikachu, Villager and Mega Man when this is released.

Also, any chance this means a Wii U demo could be in our future?

Mach5Mike

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mach5Mike
It's not what is said in this PotD that I have a problem with, it's how it was said. Everyone who doesn't have a Japanese 3DS doesn't need another voice, especially the developer's, telling them that they're missing out. Of course, this all could have been avoided had the game had a simultaneous international release (maybe we'll get that for the Wii U version?)

SD Grandmaster Hero

Smash Apprentice
You guys are clearly missing the meaning of the picture.

Smash Run: Participants and Prizes

Now take the first letters of that title and you get

SR : P&P

Another meaning of this would be

Small Rivalries in Pride & Prejudice

One small rivalry in Pride and Prejudice was of Lydia and her older sisters Lizzy and Jane. Even though she was the youngest, she wanted to prove that she was just as good as her other sisters. I won't tell more because some of you haven't read the novel.

Anyways, you are probably asking : How the heck is this related to Smash? Well the answer is simple, really. Lydia, Jane, and Lizzy were sisters, or SIBLINGS. Who else were siblings in Smash? Popo and Nana. Still don't know who the heck that is? Gtfo!

ICE CLIMBERS CONFIRMED FOR SMASH. SAKURAI IS A GENIUS WITH THESE PICS (I have too much time on my hands)

Rubbertop

Smash Cadet
NNID
Matt.C
3DS FC
4511-0538-1886
I'm predicting that we'll get the demo either tomorrow or Friday during the stream.

BTW, did anyone notice that the Challenger Approaching banner for Shulk was taken off the website today? I think we all know what that means...

YamiKitsune

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1006-0928-7336
I'm predicting that we'll get the demo either tomorrow or Friday during the stream.

BTW, did anyone notice that the Challenger Approaching banner for Shulk was taken off the website today? I think we all know what that means...
No...what does it mean?

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
It's not much of a win with only five characters and one stage to choose from though. The demo is good for about 30 minutes, and yet afterwards, you get bored of it, and are back to step 1 again.
30 plays. I've been watching a streamer all morning who's been playingg it 7 hours straight. He can still launch the game 29 times after he's done.

Little Mothman

Smash Rookie
This week is a little lackluster. Monday was a menu, Tuesday was classic mode rewards and Wednesday has a feature that nobody else can get, but the Japanese.
Hopefully things pick up:sadsheep:

Da Black Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlackRabbit87
3DS FC
1650-1675-4360
Well this PotD feel like a huge middle finger...

Still, the prospect that we might be getting a demo for smash soon is very enticing.

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Oh, stop complaining! It may not be of Mewtwo, a character, or whatever the heck you wanted, but at least there's a chance now that we'll get a demo!

I can't believe that after a year and a half, we're all still whineing like three-year-olds.

sWiTcHeRoO [疾~斬]

The Visionary
NNID
Yuchkins
3DS FC
0130-2970-6312
I would be mad about this update because he literally just informs non-Japanese Miiverse users about how THEY get a demo, which most of us already knew before he even made that post...

On the other hand, he does confirm that places outside Japan will also get eShop demos eventually, so the hopes I got for one last night after hearing about Japan getting a demo weren't shattered, fortunately. I'm really glad we even get one in the first place, it's only fair that everyone gets a go at it when not everyone had the chance to go to the few events where they had demos of it (people such as myself). With this I'll pretty much call it even, and use it as much as possible to get used to the game's new feel and controls on the 3DS before I get my full copy from Amazon.

We cool Sakurai, we cool. Kinda.

Last edited:

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
**** off.

The fact that you can't even make the international downloadable demo (With five characters) come out at the same time as the COMPLETE game in Japan is ********.

A demo of a japanese game being made by japanese developers who are working in japanese soil under a japanese company in conjunction with other japanese companies being released in Japan first is ********? Outrageous and unheard of!!

Last edited:

wingedarcher7

The PSI Powerhouse
NNID
speedstar623
3DS FC
3411-2028-1159
He just about confirmed that we'll be getting a demo in some time as well, so I'm totally okay with this POTD

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
Well people have been asking about a demo for a long time, and now Sakurai essentially confirms one for everywhere, starting with Japan since they get the game in a couple days anyway.

Tommo2304

Smash Rookie
Yes, a demo! I can't wait to download it and literally never get off it.

Until the game comes out.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I think the 5 Fighters for the Demo will be:

1. :4mario:
  2. :4fox:
  3. :4link:
  4. :4pikachu:
  5. :4kirby:

Personally, I don't see 5 Fighters to be that good amount to work with in a Demo, but it is better than nothing.

sWiTcHeRoO [疾~斬]

The Visionary
NNID
Yuchkins
3DS FC
0130-2970-6312
Where did you get this information? Just curious.
The Japanese demo uses those 5 characters only. I wouldn't say it's confirmed that the other demos will have these characters too, but it's highly probable that it will indeed be the case if you ask me. Don't see a reason for them to have different characters per demo.

Top Bottom