• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash @ Xanadu Weekly Tournament - Every Tuesday. Doors open at 6PM EST. Baltimore, M

Vist

Smash Champion
I'll be there

BTW, GIMR let's host a melee + p:m tournament here soon. The MD/VA melee scene could really use more events.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Vist, why not have one tonight as warmup? If brawl still wants to run their event, I can draw a bracket manually and GIMR can recreate it later.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Yeah, since we're preparing for MeleeFC that'd be the best thing to do.

KingofCereal

Smash Journeyman
I've been playing so little smash lately. Just as I start to get involved I moved. Baltimore is just so far.

KingofCereal

Smash Journeyman
There are nearby people. I don't really have any good excuses. It's hard to make time for video games.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
I don't think I can make these regularly haha
Getting back at like 1:30 is a little too late <_<

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
just need to start it a bit earlier, or i can just run them

agreed tho, im tired as ****

xanadu was too ez

syphers next

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
BTW, nothing his happening this upcoming Tuesday seeing as we'll be at Melee FC

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
They don't count
Joe has been dead for months
Clyde has been dead for ... longer than Joe??

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Idea- We should triple rotate the ranbat tournament schedule so we have brawl, melee, and p:m on a rotation and whatever weeks tournament it is should get the stream as well. Does that sound like a good idea?

:phone:

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
i think it'd be cool to have more focus on each individual event, that way attendance wouldnt be split all the time and people could plan ahead.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
we just threw an idea out there. as of right now its every game every tuesday

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Tuesday nights are kinda inconvenient for those of us that have work but I guess it makes sense b/c I bet the store is tied up Fridays with FNM.

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
sry guys, all three games every Tuesday is staying. I just think we need to be a tad more productive with how things are run and getting every game its stream time.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
I think they mean have the focus be on one game per week, not get rid of the others completely
Unless you're talking about keeping the ranking battles weekly then whatever I guess

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Wenbo is correct. I'm not saying to eliminate having all 3 games, i'm saying have scheduled tournaments that rotate between games each week, and that tournament gets the stream. This will get equal coverage and give people who want to play in the tournaments the ability to plan in advance so they can make it. So we can always have good turnouts for the game we choose to stream.

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
the problem with that is you only get viewers for each game individually, instead of viewers who are interested in watching all games. It's hard to get a steady rise in viewership if you're streaming something different each weak. Plus people really want to watch PM so it's probably gonna get the most stream time.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
How many people would be interested in watching Melee AND Brawl <_<
Well, whatever
As long as they're on Tuesday attendance probably won't ever get that big anyway

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Brawl doesn't bring the hype anymore yo :p

Personally I wouldn't mind rotating from week to week to give everyone equal time, but it's ultimately up to Calvin, and I'm certainly not gonna argue with his current stance.

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
I feel like you guys are taking this too seriously. It's a Tuesday night event where people come to level up their smash game. We're also trying to include ranbats so people will play more seriously and thus level up quicker. I also run a stream, and I put on it what I think will bring the most viewers. That's it. We don't need to rotate games, or any of that other stuff. It's as simple as that.

We're also working on Bi-Monthly tournaments with Project M and Melee one month and Brawl on the next month which will be taken more seriously and will follow to a more strict schedule like you guys are talking about.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
i dont think anyone is taking it seriously. it was one suggestion followed by jokes

if anyone is too srs its you ;)

edit: and maybe wenbo

but hes a turtle anyway, and **** turtles

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
It's my event, I'm allowed to take it seriously >: )

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
I'm a turtle???

Unless you mean a terp

Also what am I taking too seriously exactly
It'd be cool if we had ranking tourneys but I don't think the best players would show up consistently anyway so it'd be kinda pointless unless more people wanted to come

Being on a Tuesday kinda kills the chances of that so whatever <_< I'll just drive up to lose money to Plank until I can beat him (not today though)

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
Hello players at Xanadu. I don't attend your weeklies but I try my best to catch all the stream. After the P:M tournament today, GIMR decided to have some fun with Xsplit. Here's how it turned out.

Added party hats and a neat little border for the also newly added player cams.

Little beard on DoH.

"Fear the Beard."

Doh, lacking a beard, was given a friend by GIMR. It's a call back to an earlier remark that DoH looks like Elijah Wood.

Comparison.

GIMR told people to guess what character from LotR he would add next. They were added after a stock was taken from either player. Winner got a shout out.

Gandalf! I got a shoutout for this one! I'm Onomatomanic, or the guy with the hard to pronounce name on twitch.

I afk'd and missed this one. I was told he was going to be obscure. :/

Out of space on DoH's side, we tried to figure out who Vist looked like. Apparently Tom Hanks, but I didn't think so. First guess was Richard Nixon.

"Anyway, like I was sayin', shrimp is the fruit of the sea. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. Dey's uh, shrimp-kabobs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There's pineapple shrimp, lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp, shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp and potatoes, shrimp burger, shrimp sandwich. That- that's about it."

These ones were tough. No one got either Bubba's mom or his brother. Which was cheap. Guessing his brother right was ensured a super shout out, which involved a video on the VGBootCamp youtube channel.

GIMR got bored and decided to play some games. And all was said and done.

Top Bottom