• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Smashboards Questions Thread. Ask site-related questions here. (Staff answers preferred)

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I'm not able to upload pictures to an album for some reason. It says it needs .bin files, and I'm uploading a .bin snapshot directly from the SD card, but it still says "Invalid File"

Should I know anything else about this, or is it just down now?
It's down until the MLG server guys evolve enough to work out how to follow Kiki's upgrade instructions.

Hydra.

Smash Lord
NNID
Aqua.Sword
I would ask this to my mom but she would be so mad.
I got this new Mascara for Easter, because it's the newer kind of what I had.
Like a new shimmer thing and it was like 8 or 9 dollars.
I've used it like twice and I don't like it.. I like my old one a whole lot more.
So if my mom bought the Mascara at Walmart would I be able to return it?

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
It's down until the MLG server guys evolve enough to work out how to follow Kiki's upgrade instructions.
Thanks. How will I be able to find out when it's back up? Will there be a thread somewhere, or will I just have to keep going back to try it.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Thanks. How will I be able to find out when it's back up? Will there be a thread somewhere, or will I just have to keep going back to try it.
There'll be an announcement when we eventually get the new VB software, and I would assume it would be done at the same time.

Zook recieved over 400 last weekend.

How do you track new posts in social groups without opening all of them?
I'm not sure about that, hopefully someone who does know can answer this.

I would ask this to my mom but she would be so mad.
I got this new Mascara for Easter, because it's the newer kind of what I had.
Like a new shimmer thing and it was like 8 or 9 dollars.
I've used it like twice and I don't like it.. I like my old one a whole lot more.
So if my mom bought the Mascara at Walmart would I be able to return it?
This thread is for questions about the forum, you might want to make a thread for that, but I'd assume they wouldn't be able to accept returns on makeup for health reasons probably.

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
He JUST. SAID. this was for QUESTIONS ABOUT THE SITE.

FROM NOW ON, ANY POSTS MADE THAT AREN'T MODS ANSWERING QUESTIONS OR USERS ASKING APPROPRIATE QUESTIONS WILL GET SPAM INFRACTIONS.

Frown, to answer your social group question, you -do- have to open all of them.
Social groups need a huge upgrade. -_-

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Is it possible that you can contribute/submit things like emoticons?

Because I've seen :mad088: come to life, and you know...

I'm pretty if people had the time, some others would find it lovely to have more than 99 pokeymanz sprites at their disposal.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
That's been like that since April Fools, actually.
Mods = Red
Admins = Dark Grey
Hiemie = Black
Edit: and apparently Crimson King = Crimson

M.K

Level 55
I had offered to make the "Alternate Costume Character Icons" in the Postbit for Kirby King, but he never got back to me.
How would a project like this be interpreted by the mods? Worthwhile or needless?
I for sure don't play with the normal cream-colored Olimar >.>

Cratze.

Smash Rookie
Can I somehow set up my profile so that I subscribe to all threads I post in, but also make it so I geet a notifictaion whenever my subscibed threads get a new post?

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
qhen I registered in 2006 the colors of admins and mods where red whats with the change of colors?
Adninjastrators are ninja grey, Mods are red.

Kinzer, perhaps we could add that to a Premium feature or something.
I know we do need more icons, but it's a pain in the arse to upload all of them and I'm not that kind of admin or I'd do it. :(

Meta-Kirby, considering the time needed to do all of that and the dire need we're in update wise, I don't really think that'd be something on the "priority list" on the site. I'm not even sure if we can upload icons anymore. I think MLG tech might have to do it. [Kiki citation needed]

Cratze, I'm not too familiar with notification options, so I'll let someone else answer that.

D

Deleted member

Since rep is being considered again with the Premium Membership, I'll ask again.

If we get rep back, will our rep start over, or will it start fresh?

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
Isn't that what the User CP/ List subscriptions is for??? The threads like get in bold and goes to the top of the threads whenever someone posts something new in it. We also get email notifications.

And you automatically subscribe to threads when you post in them.

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
Since rep is being considered again with the Premium Membership, I'll ask again.

If we get rep back, will our rep start over, or will it start fresh?
I'm going to go ahead and say that they'll start fresh.

Reputation will only be available for premium members, though.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Reading the last page, I can see that it's almost definitely not on the list of priorities in regards to updates, but...

QUESTION 1: If you guys do consider updating it, do you think you would also be able to include Melee/SSB64 icons if they were supplied for you?

I know it seems a little stupid, but I think it'd be kind of cool to be able to show that I main Melee Samus, not Brawl Samus.

QUESTION 2: Also, along the lines of the Social Group notifications and such, would you guys consider a system of separate "Moderators/Administrators" (obviously not at all the same as regular, forum ones) able to be appointed by the group creator? This way, invite-only/moderated groups could allow more than one person to approve members.

Just some ideas I have. Sorry if I'm being too imaginative about this. >_>

M.K

Level 55
Meta-Kirby, considering the time needed to do all of that and the dire need we're in update wise, I don't really think that'd be something on the "priority list" on the site. I'm not even sure if we can upload icons anymore. I think MLG tech might have to do it. [Kiki citation needed]
Alright, that sounds fair. It seems like, with the purchase of Smash World Forums by Major League Gaming, alot of the tech work has been taken out of the administration's power. :(

Here is just a general question, how DO things get changed (tech-wise)? I mean, does an admin contact someone from MLG and they take care of it or...?

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Here is just a general question, how DO things get changed (tech-wise)? I mean, does an admin contact someone from MLG and they take care of it or...?
'We' contact Kiki/JV, they ask the server guys, we wait for Haleys comet to pass and then we get the update.

Scott!

Smash Lord
It's disabled in the regional social boards, as airgemini said, and also in the User Blogs, Meet and Greet, and Forum Games sections at least, I believe.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
My guess would be password protected rooms like the Broom and staffer shack and yes they do up your post count.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Actually I think he's reffering to rooms that you can only get to via URL, such as the fake Back Room, Arcadamea Prime, ect. They're just old rooms that rather than delete the threads, were just removed from the main page. They still exist somewhere, but posting in them wouldn't be a good idea. They're hidden for a reason.

JaggerG

Smash Apprentice
Every time I refresh a page I left open yesterday, then use Quick Reply to quickly reply to it, it says something about an invalid token or something (I forget the actual error message, sorry), but not only does it NOT send my post through, but there's absolutely no method of retrieving the message I typed. Even clicking back just has a blank Quick Reply field. This has happened to me at least half a dozen times so far. I'm set to automatically log in already, it just isn't enough to refresh the page apparently.

The problem seems to be that it tries to send the post before actually logging in. Is this being looked into? I apologize if this has already been asked, but I can't think of key terms to search for and I'm not about to read through 141 pages to find out it's not here.

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
The problem seems to be that it tries to send the post before actually logging in. Is this being looked into?
How do you figure this is the reason? Lots of people are using quick reply without issue, so I don't really have any idea why it's not working for you (and since I'm not aware of it not working with anyone else, we haven't looked into it).

What browser/OS/style are you using? And are you sure that you're actually logged in? "Automatically log in" really just means the site will try harder to remember you. Once it forgets who you are, you're no longer logged in and you need to log in yourself.

Beyond that the obvious workaround would be to either use non-quick reply or to copy + paste your posts into Notepad or something before you submit them. Not ideal I know, but the best solution until we can figure out why this is happening.

JaggerG

Smash Apprentice
I'm using firefox. It just seems like it's fine if I click on another page and come back, or if I select the url and hit enter, but simply refreshing to get recent posts for some reason doesn't let me post. It still says I'm logged in, it just doesn't send the message sometimes. I'm seeing if I can recreate the issue here...

...Okay didn't happen this time. Maybe I just took a long time to post. :^/

Ange

Smash Lord
Is it possible to give General Brawl Discussion a sub-forum button, like Brawl Character Discussion for example?

It would gain easy and quick access to the Smash Workshop and SW: Character Discussion sub-forums.

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
Is it possible to give General Brawl Discussion a sub-forum button, like Brawl Character Discussion for example?

It would gain easy and quick access to the Smash Workshop and SW: Character Discussion sub-forums.
I just came in here to suggest that, lol

Please add it! :)

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Shouldn't ColinJF be like, the moderator for the Pokecenter? Considering he's the creater of shoddy battle and everything. I donno, I always found it kinda weird.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I recently noticed an issue with the Revolution skin.

It seems to be optimized for a display resolution of 1024 x 768. My Laptop's native res is 1920 x 1080 so the site looks like a shrunken column at this resolution. This problem does not extend to Classic Blue, which matches your screen's resolution, but I was wondering if small tweaks could be made to get the Revolution skin to adapt to all resolutions.

Thanks in advance for considering this.

Top Bottom