• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashCon Presents: TASOL 2012 [Road to WHobo] ($200 pot bonuses)

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I'll do it, it's not hard. My capture card's busted, so I would probably have to borrow Reflex's seeing as he's going. I can set-up and run one, I have all the other required technology.

If you get a better offer, take it, but I'll be here as your back-up.
Alright buddy, you've got the job. Don't forget your streaming equipment please. :)

*Cam*

Smash Lord
Ugh. Ugh. I want to make this, I really do, but that's a lot of tournaments to make in a short amount of time, and it's straining my wallet, especially now that ASL is about to take some more money out of my account. I'm already going to the next 3 AL tournaments in June/July, the GA tournament at the end of the month, and WHOBO. I might have to find a freelance job or something.

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
Sync, I'm definitely up for teaming with you, and I may possibly be able to house you. Continue looking for housing though, I'll keep you updated on that if I or someone else is able to.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Ugh. Ugh. I want to make this, I really do, but that's a lot of tournaments to make in a short amount of time, and it's straining my wallet, especially now that ASL is about to take some more money out of my account. I'm already going to the next 3 AL tournaments in June/July, the GA tournament at the end of the month, and WHOBO. I might have to find a freelance job or something.
Man up. Come to Smashcon. :cool:

Mike2

Smash Ace
With megabus there is a high chance I can go to this. I would need housing from Friday night to Monday morning, however.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
We have Ryker from Alabama taking care of the streaming for us. I talked with Erick Friday night about the streaming. I believe what we are going to do is create a TwitchTV account for Smashcon and stream from that account.

Edit: We also need to change the location of the tournament, because I know it will cause problems for people when they see the tournament is in New Orleans but Ohana Pier is in Slidell.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I am disconfirmed; my parents decided to schedule a family vacation for the same time just now. Sorry. :(

*Cam*

Smash Lord
I may be bringing some AL people to this despite Reflex disconfirmation. Can anyone in Slidell house us on Sunday night? It's a 6 1/2 hour drive from Huntsville.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I may be bringing some AL people to this despite Reflex disconfirmation. Can anyone in Slidell house us on Sunday night? It's a 6 1/2 hour drive from Huntsville.
If you show, bring a capture card if Reflex isn't going.

Also, I want to steal your double's partner out from under you so I can play with the team name "Why Is My Teammate Such Garbage? No Really, I Mean That."

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
So...I'm interested in coming for Melee/Project M. Any chance I could get housing the night before/the night after?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I won't waste my time **** talking. No reason to butt-frustrate any parties. I'm going to be at Smashcon and I'm going to be looking for money matches. I just need to know how much to bring. I won't go over $10 in all likelihood on any one match and I won't be accepting any MMs that I feel I can't win. I'll money match MKs, though I probably won't go over $5 as I haven't played one in months. JNig, you are not included on that MMs I feel I can't win list (#shotsfired). I'm a Falco player with a viable secondary in a couple of characters. I'll play MMs character locked or not. I'm looking to play Marth and Ike although there's I won't play mains against with them (re: JNig). I'll also play Melee MMs up to $5, but tbh, I won't be accepting much from people who aren't mid level players. Ask me later if I'll do P:M. It depends on if I play it more before the tourney.

List of people I won't play:

Lee's MK (**** that ****)
Possibly Gunner's Pikachu in a character locked set. Ask me closer, I kinda want to man up in that MU.

If you want to play me, give me your name, the stakes, whether you want the set to be MK banned (I will CP him if I feel the need and you leave it open, but I prefer an MK banned setting even if you don't play him) any stipulations, your take on your own smash career, and one thing no one here knows about you.

I feel like this could lead to some fun times in this thread and at that tournament. If no one else will, I'll make sure AL goes in.
^

That was tailored for the LA thread, so there's probably a couple more OOSers that I won't MM, but for the most part, there you go.

I would also add the stipulation that you're willing to have the match recorded and possibly uploaded later depending on if I can get a friend to hook me up.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Would you want to MM a low level player like me for $5? PT vs Falco?

Edit: Cam was talking to me about him bringing Alabama's recording equipment, so not only will we have streaming, but we will also have recordings for each of our set-ups for each bracket match. :)

*Cam*

Smash Lord
Yeah, just talked to Ryker on the phone about it. I'm bringing the Alabama recording stuff, and we are going to save every bracket match at the tournament and upload it to youtube. Ryker's also going to use my dazzle to do a livestream.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I understand what I'm able to do in this game, and I'll keep my money in my pocket and not play you with secondaries. But yeah, I'll take it. Depending on how many other people are giving me money here, I may take you up on the other two.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Housing

ATTENTION:

Those who need housing, the chairman of Smashcon, Erick, has offered housing to anyone who needs it. He can house up to 10 people at his place, no more than that. It will be a first come first serve basis so jump on this as quickly as possible. I will need a headcount as to who from out of state is coming.

If the housing fills up, I was doing some browsing this past weekend and I found a Days Inn a block from the venue that had a rate of $63 a night for their rooms, like a room with two double beds which would be recommended.

Any further information about housing will be posted here, but for now this is what we have to offer. If anyone in state can house, say so now.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
ATTENTION:

Those who need housing, the chairman of Smashcon, Erick, has offered housing to anyone who needs it.
Awesome. I'm interested, but my being able to make it to his place depends on where he lives (or really just what city).

EDIT: Just saw your post in the LA social...Slidell might be do-able for me. Put me up on the queue for head count?

JustinSane

Smash Cadet
Dude Can't wait for this....totally gonna wipe that project m tourney. XD Melee eh...i know im not gonna win melee but i will place XD

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Awesome. I'm interested, but my being able to make it to his place depends on where he lives (or really just what city).

EDIT: Just saw your post in the LA social...Slidell might be do-able for me. Put me up on the queue for head count?
Slidell is where the venue is. If you thought it was in New Orleans, I'm sorry about the confusion. I don't know why they haven't changed it yet.

So far I have these people down for housing (out of 10):
1) Razor
2) Sync
3) Sethlon
4) Mike Haze
5) Cam
6) Spade
7) Ryker

These are just the people who have confirmed any form of head count with me as of right now, the list is subject to change at any given rate.

Mike2

Smash Ace
Slidell is where the venue is. If you thought it was in New Orleans, I'm sorry about the confusion. I don't know why they haven't changed it yet.

So far I have these people down for housing (out of 10):
1) Razor
2) Sync
3) Sethlon
4) Mike Haze (possibly)
5) Cam
6) Spade
7) Ryker

These are just the people who have confirmed any form of head count with me as of right now, the list is subject to change at any given rate.
Count me in.

:phone:

Top Bottom