• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashCon Presents: TASOL 2012 [Road to WHobo] ($200 pot bonuses)

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Very important question. Where's the nearest iHop in relation to the venue?
I just googled IHOPs in Slidell and I only found one that is at the North Shore Shopping Mall that is at exit 80 on I-12. If there are any other IHOPs in Slidell, I wound't know. I just live in Covington which is 20 miles down the road from Slidell.

In relation to the venue, it's close. It's like a 5 minute drive.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
so no brawl doubles?
I've said this before, I'm not doing any side events unless we have enough time. What's on the list of scheduled events is priority 1. It will be a last minute call if we manage to have enough time.

pingding

Smash Apprentice
in cenla louisiana we have a pretty good smash scene probably coming. im counting on me and three to fours others to come with me. if we come we can bring at two wiis with project m/ brawl and two melee setups

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I've said this before, I'm not doing any side events unless we have enough time. What's on the list of scheduled events is priority 1. It will be a last minute call if we manage to have enough time.
So, how hype do we have to make Doubles for there to be time made?

Bomber7

Smash Hero
So, how hype do we have to make Doubles for there to be time made?
We made it confirmed a long time ago that we weren't going to adjust the schedule. I'm not going to make any empty promises. If things run smoothly, we will have Brawl doubles.

*Cam*

Smash Lord
Ryker, our tournaments are smaller than this and sometimes we barely have time to get 3 events in. I would respect that he doesn't want to promise Brawl doubles since he doesn't think there will be time for it. We were pressed for time once at Iron Brawl II, and since Ryan was in the hospital at the time, I made the call to cancel Brawl doubles. People were very pissed off at me about it, but it had to be done in order to finish on time. Bomber obviously doesn't want to get people's hopes up. I mean, it's easy for us to say "Hey TO, do this thing that we want," but our responsibility ends right there. The TO has to make sure it happens if he promises that he'll do it.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
John, don't misrepresent me. I am not saying to have doubles. I've canceled doubles at my own tournaments before despite loving the format. I do, however, stand by the fact that if Doubles gets hype enough time will be made. It gets hype, then the players want it and move toward what is necessary to make it happen. That's why it's fun not to be the host sometimes. Host has to be a killjoy until he sees that the players want it bad enough to try and get it rolling. It may not happen, but when I'm not the host, I can play the hype man and no one freaks out if it isn't delivered.

Besides, it doesn't look like it's going to take unless LA gets a fire lit under them for Doubles between here and then. As it stands, I'm just gonna grab Spade and a Wii at some point and put money on it to see who has balls (no, he doesn't have a choice, he's gotta man up).

Tl;Dr

Cam's a hater and **** the haters.

:phone:

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Lol, tricky definition. We've certainly outplaced you before and Ryker + AML beat you. I'm not even sure the statement you're going for is strictly accurate, but I'd have to dig past times that are relevant.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Deadline to reserve a spot for housing is July 1st. We have 3 spots open.

So far I have these people down for housing (out of 10):
1) Razor
2) Sync
3) Sethlon
4) Mike Haze
5) Cam
6) Kismet
7) Ryker

When the housing registration is closed/becomes full, I will send you guys the address for the housing.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I'm looking into one of a couple players from AL and GA. Texas should just bring Trela so I can play all three of the high tier matchups I don't understand.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Going to go ahead and reserve one of those spots for probably Kismet. Still got to figure out how to get him to where we can get him to LA, but I'm gonna do my best to make it happen.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Going to go ahead and reserve one of those spots for probably Kismet. Still got to figure out how to get him to where we can get him to LA, but I'm gonna do my best to make it happen.
I really need to know definitely by July 1st. If he isn't confirmed, then he will be removed.

Kismet is #8.

Also, where have I heard that name before?

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Deadline to reserve a spot for housing is July 1st. We have 3 spots open.

So far I have these people down for housing (out of 10):
1) Razor
2) Sync
3) Sethlon
4) Mike Haze
5) Cam
6) Kismet
7) Ryker

When the housing registration is closed/becomes full, I will send you guys the address for the housing.
Turns out its more convenient for me to come in a couple says early and chill with Baton Rouge guys, so you can take me off the list :)

Bomber7

Smash Hero
1) Razor
2) Sync
3) Curlz
4) Cam
5) Kismet
6) Ryker
7) Jnig
8) Okuser

List for Housing as of current.

Top Bottom