• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashed Together: Melee/Brawl/P:M Results

8Bitman

Smash Master
If you're gonna blame the bad matchup for losing, then learn a different character for the matchup. No sense in holding yourself down just for character pride then making excuses for why you lose.
Already am picking someone up. Calm down.... It's not like you care...

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
Well I actually do care kinda. You're really good yet you mostly only lose to a counter. I wasn't aware that you are picking up another character but I do see you make posts about Falco concerning your main (trust me, I do the same, I hate that bird). I hate to see good players lose because of how bad matchups are for their character.

DJ Arcatek

Smash Champion
Ya'll need to stop crying about Falco. I still used Falco against ESAM's Pika and proceeded to get double 3 stocked, but I don't care because it just shows I need to get that much better. Sure, it's a bad matchup, but I don't say I lose because of that matchup; I lost because he is just generally a better player.

Not to mention it's Eric, so yeah.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Well I mean, I am a better player than you without a doubt. Brett is mad good and he has run into Falcos, me, and seibrik at every tournament he has gone to this summer (at least one falco per). You can't expect him to not get upset at that.

DJ Arcatek

Smash Champion
I know, Eric, it's established you're a better player along with Seibrik. I run into you guys all the time LOL One or the other, at least. The point I'm trying to convey is that since Brett knows the kind of competition he'll end up meeting, he'll eventually learn that he just either needs to get better or pick up a secondary. He didn't do poorly against myself or Taylor last tournament (Taylor pulled a clutch spike on Delfino, otherwise Brett had that), so it shows that he's getting better at the MU in general. I understand he gets upset, but he's good enough to know what he needs to do to handle certain characters/matchups. He just needs to apply his knowledge.

Edit: Oh he even said that he's picking up a secondary to counter Falco, so hopefully that works out. YOU HEAR ME, 8BIT? I HAVE FAITH IN YOU

Xaltis

Smash Hero
Ya'll need to stop crying about Falco. I still used Falco against ESAM's Pika and proceeded to get double 3 stocked, but I don't care because it just shows I need to get that much better. Sure, it's a bad matchup, but I don't say I lose because of that matchup; I lost because he is just generally a better player.

Not to mention it's Eric, so yeah.
No get outta here. It's literally because of the characters that, that happens to you.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
Just to add, I'm a proponent of character loyalty but I understand character loyalty only goes as far as the player can take them. Some players are great and they can bypass their characters inefficiencies, others are not. For them, some continue sticking through with their character and getting as good as they can. For the rest, there comes to a point that they feel the need to learn more characters to advance their game and there should be no shame to a player that decides to do that. I'll use Mampam as an example. He does whatever it takes to win. He mains Diddy as of now but he'll play Snake or Dedede if he has to because he's proficient with them as well. He's a better player for it since he covers all of his options. His only flaw is that he may get nervous and make a wrong counterpick since he has those multiple options to choose from but he's improved on that regard. With all this said, if 8BrettMan wants to learn a counter so be it. It may be for the better.

Edit: Not necessarily related but this can go with what we've been talking about here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYjJCYndA7Q

Brawl Singles: 5$ Entry (37 entrants)

1: ESAM ($101.75):pikachu2: :popo: :dk2:

Melee Singles: 5$ entry (15 entrants)

1: ESAM ($41.25) :samus2:

Project M Singles: 1$ entry per person (25 entrants)

1: ESAM ($13.75) :pikachu2: :dk2:
Danm FreESAM living up to his name. lol. Had a fun tourney but wish it was cooler.

Lies :wario:: had fun playing you in the friendlies and in tourney. Hope to see you again soon.

8Bitman

Smash Master
Lol I honestly feel like I can't get better with R.O.B, I know there's always room for improvement, but with how I am now, and Danny and Taylor still beat me with comfortable leads just shows I NEED to pick up a legit secondary for tourney.

Oh well, i'm just waiting for the replays to be put up.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
Lol I honestly feel like I can't get better with R.O.B, I know there's always room for improvement, but with how I am now, and Danny and Taylor still beat me with comfortable leads just shows I NEED to pick up a legit secondary for tourney.

Oh well, i'm just waiting for the replays to be put up.
Idk what Danny does, but I am literally just reading you better in our matches. Delfino bring up any memories? I got you in the water and read you 5 times in a row which ended your last stock and giving me the win.

8Bitman

Smash Master
Idk what Danny does, but I am literally just reading you better in our matches. Delfino bring up any memories? I got you in the water and read you 5 times in a row which ended your last stock and giving me the win.
LOL spiking me in the water is not reading Taylor... It's jumping out of the water and spiking a slow character that can't do anything because he sucks. You don't read me, and you don't have to, Falco V. R.O.B is free. Danny plays the MU perfectly.

You clearly didn't.
Calm down.... It's not that big of a deal...

Xaltis

Smash Hero
LOL spiking me in the water is not reading Taylor... It's jumping out of the water and spiking a slow character that can't do anything because he sucks. You don't read me, and you don't have to, Falco V. R.O.B is free. Danny plays the MU perfectly.
I don't read you? What? If I don't read you how did I read which ways you were moving in the water 4 different times and then which way you were moving in the air for me to uair you for the kill? If that isn't reading then Idk what is.

8Bitman

Smash Master
It isn't reading because you're simply following my slow *** in the water, you'd suck if you didn't get the spikes.

Plus you made it seems like your "reading" makes you a better player/falco than Danny. You're terrible wrong...

8Bitman

Smash Master
"Idk what Danny does, but I am literally just reading you better in our matches."

Just proving a point.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Everybody is so bad.
Chill guys, it's not that big a deal.

Mampam, when vids will get up next week. Been busy, and preparing for WHOBO.

8Bitman

Smash Master
Hey, i'll take that from Justin.... He's kinda the best in the world.

Top Bottom