• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashers' Reunion : Melee Grande - RESULTS THREAD IS UP NOW! (Road to Apex)

porc

Smash Journeyman
waiting to know if i can get days off and then i book my tickets right on

arriving on the 11th
leaving the 16th

same for willy & salepate

NamiNami

Smash Apprentice
The housing venue is rented! Everyone who needs a place to stay at from the 9th to the 13th and the 16th to 17th can do so free of charge. This offer is only for the ones that have booked tickets online. I will need a complete list of people who need housing, so make sure you mention the people you are traveling with (if they need housing as well). The housing venue has plenty of showers, so don't worry about that. You will have to bring sleeping bags and food though, as I can't provide this. PM me if you need housing.

Address: Lillovegen 3b, 2073 BØN.

You'll still have to take the train to Eidsvoll Verk. Either we find a way to pick you up, or you can take a 30 minute walk to get there :)
Google maps will help you!
Is it possible to sleep at the housing venue on 15-16th (Sunday-Monday) since our return flight leaves on Monday (14:15 local). Or do we need to stay at the hotel for full price that night? Well if this is the case we could spend the night at the airport for free as well.

I sent the mail to you considering our hotel room, when can we pay it?

Since the housing venue has limited amount of space, I'm reserving a spot for these who have bought their tickets online:

9th-13th:
NamiNami
Paju
Novi

12th-13th:
Jekku
MasterTK

If it is possible to sleep at the housing venue on 15th-16th, then all above need the housing.

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
I'll start updating the first post with the confirmed players from today, and I'll update it as often as I can. The players that are confirmed will be marked with the LIME-GREEN color. I'll also pay the entrance and tourney fees like everybody else, and everybody, even the other organizers, are required to.

Till now we got 27 successfully booked players on the list (will update first post by the day):

Taka (nor)
Novi (fin)
raxomukus (swe)
VilNess (fin)
Willy (fra)
Flikkflakk/M0ze (nor)
stelzig (den)
Paju (fin)
Dev (swe)
Zyx (fra)
MaxThunder (nor)
Rolf (nor)
Jekku (fin)
Navntøsen (nor)
Wireless (nor)
Lolex (swe) (two tickets)
Jerk (swe)
NamiNami (fin)
byrz (fin)
Cosmos
Vaiski (fin)
ajp_anton (swe)
Potato Chips (nor)
Kriz (nor)
Kami (nor)
CXV (nor)
MasterTK (fin)

Also got a housing list going. Those who are not listed on the housing venue are people that will get housing at a smashers' place. Please PM me about housing stuff, cuz that makes it easier for me to keep up with housing requests. Thank you :)

I might have forgotten someone, but just PM me and we'll figure something out :)

My place (7):
Armada
Android
Dr.Peepee
Uck
Uck’s friend
overtriforce
SaiX

Some smasher's house
Porc (11th-16th)
willy (11th-16th)
salepate (11th-16th)

Housing venue (24)
NamiNami (9th-13th)
Paju (9th-13th)
Novi (9th-13th)
Jekku (12th-13th)
MasterTK (12th-13th)
Byrz
Cosmos
Fuzzyness (10th-13th)
Jolteon (10th-13th)
Yeniths (10th-13th)
Deathgazer (10th-13th)
Alpha Dash (10th-13th)
DDIZ (10th-13th)
Jon_***
Dmlg
Zettroxx
PST
Ice
Dax (12th, 15th and 16th)
Aldwyn (12th, 15th and 16th)
Pablo (12th, 15th and 16th)
Alain (12th, 15th and 16th)
Seya (12th, 15th and 16th)
Overlord (12th, 15th and 16th)

Darkfrog

Smash Cadet
Do you need housing before / after the tournament?

Me and Madlobster live downtown in Oslo, 15 min walk or 5 min by train from Oslo Sentral Station. We can house a few guys if there is need. Send me an email at kris.ommen@gmail.com if you need a place to sleep. We live 30 seconds from a bar, 1 minute from a pretty good pizza and 10 minutes from Macdonalds.

EDIT: LOL i didnt see that Tonberry had his own housing list going on. Feel free to delete my post and add me to a list or whatever.

Happosai

Smash Journeyman
Me (Fraykway) Adam and Zgetto just booked, we will be arriving the 12th and leaving on the 17th, just need to sort out housing for before/after the tournament.

Deathgazer

Smash Ace
Indeed :bee:

So UK's arriving on tuesday, cool. Me and some other Finns are there already on Monday, would be nice to spend some time with you guys. And Deathgazer's confirmed!? **** yeah. Can't wait to play Falco dittos with him :bee:
yeeee im confirmed. I havnt really been on the boards or tournaments lately. Cant wait for thisss :]

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
Okay, guys! Smashers' Reunion : Melee Grande is now officially a "Road to Apex" qualifier. What does this mean? Basicly it means that the players entering the event will earn points for the upcoming Apex tournament next year. This will come in handy for those who are interested in going to Apex next year :)

As written by Alex Strife:
The points are broken down from 1st place to 7th place below.

1st place – 64 pts
2nd place – 32 pts
3rd place – 16 pts
4th place – 8 pts
5th place – 4 pts
5th place – 4 pts
7th place – 2 pts
7th place – 2 pts

Note: The doubles event will be giving that point total to each individual player. It will not be split.

DarkUsleon

Smash Ace

Star
Ghost
Zant
Dark
Zhuv
Zeck

You need to make sure these six players come in from Chile. Just make it happen.
Youtube Search: ariquenuubs (for all who havent seen it already).
http://www.youtube.com/user/dashizdark
Sorry but this ain't happening. Like... ever. If these guys even decide to travel to a big tourney, it's most probably gonna be a USA tourney.
Most people in Chile just don't have the money to travel that far. And ... Norway is hella expensive.

RedGamer

Smash Ace
Sorry but this ain't happening. Like... ever. If these guys even decide to travel to a big tourney, it's most probably gonna be a USA tourney.
Most people in Chile just don't have the money to travel that far. And ... Norway is hella expensive.
That sucks. If I could, I would go to europe and offer to pay for them just to see some serious buttkicking.

You going, DarkUsleon?

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
Is there any chance for a Project Melee side event?
As I see it now, it'll be very unlikely to happen. We got a very tight schedule, and I don't want to screw that up by putting in another tournament. I am a big supporter of the project, but I'm afraid there won't be enough time =/

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
So the plan is to drop off Dr PP with Tonberry if I understood it correctly. This would happen sometime around midnight after July 3rd. I haven't heard from PP in a while, but I'll assume things are still going as planned.
Could 3 more people* get housing at the same location for that one night (3rd-4th)? As we arrive so late and won't get very far on our roadtrip anyway, it would be nice to have a roof over our heads for one night before we continue.

* AJP, Jack, Rkey

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
As I see it now, it'll be very unlikely to happen. We got a very tight schedule, and I don't want to screw that up by putting in another tournament. I am a big supporter of the project, but I'm afraid there won't be enough time =/
Okay, that's fair enough. Thanks for the quick response.

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
I've spoken with the hotel manager, and he told me that everyone that stays during the tournament are free to stay at the hotel before and after the tournament for as many days as they need under the conditions of the hotel deal. The prices and conditions are listed in the first post. There are no changes there :)

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
how far is the housing venue and how much does it cost to get there?

I may be tempted to stay at the hotel if its 50 euros and I get 4 nights out of it :p but need to split between 4 people so gah XD

tonberry whats your msn/facebook?

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
how far is the housing venue and how much does it cost to get there?

I may be tempted to stay at the hotel if its 50 euros and I get 4 nights out of it :p but need to split between 4 people so gah XD

tonberry whats your msn/facebook?
If you are 4 people it'll be ~26 euros a night per person. You don't get any "free stays", all I said was that you can stay under the same conditions as the hotel deal has during and after/before the tournament.

Anyways, my facebook is: https://www.facebook.com/ssbmtonberry

To get to the housing venue you take the train to Eidsvoll Verk and walk from there. Might be up to 30 min walk from the station, though. I'll post a map soon :)

VA

Smash Hero
Turns out, I may well be able to make this with a little troop of buddies. Possibly. Should know by tonight. Party party y'all.

Armada

Smash Lord
So happy PP will make it =)

Now everyone else have to come.
Seems like a lot of countries will have WAY less players then on the list of players that wanna go. Now we have a world class player from USA for the first time ever (possibly the only time it will happen) so don't miss this tournament.

Tonberry: Can you update the list of players that is confirmed and also have you worked more for getting sponsors for the tournament?

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
So happy PP will make it =)

Now everyone else have to come.
Seems like a lot of countries will have WAY less players then on the list of players that wanna go. Now we have a world class player from USA for the first time ever (possibly the only time it will happen) so don't miss this tournament.

Tonberry: Can you update the list of players that is confirmed and also have you worked more for getting sponsors for the tournament?
I'll update the list of the confirmed players and put them in the first post asap. I'm sorry this has taken a bit time.

There are a some potential sponsors in the process, and I've got one more sponsor which is not on the list yet.

Edit: Updated first post with confirmed players! There are 44 confirmed players now, where 10 of them are from Finland. Finland is ****ing awesome! The rest of you, remember that the online booking is CLOSING the 3RD OF JULY, so you must book soon. No reason to delay it to the last second. No booking = no seeding for pools! If you got any problems, contact me, otherwise go to www.geekevents.org and book your tickets today!

Paju

Smash Journeyman
Hey Tonberry I think you are missing Cosmos from the confirmated players list in the first post. ByrZ bought two tickets and AFAIK he transferred the second ticket to Cosmos.

MaxThunder

PM Support
lol this tab keep going to the 64 video discussion somehow... like half the times i refresh it, it goes straight to 64 vids...

Lawrencelot

Smash Lord
Hey if there are any Swedes or Danes looking at this topic:

I am coming to this tournament with my brother and after the tournament we planned to travel to Stockholm and Kopenhagen per train, after which we return to Holland by plane. I would like to know if there are any Swedes or Danes near these cities (or other nice cities on the route) that would be willing to help us with a place to sleep. Traveling tips are also welcome!

Top Bottom